Dear Ryo-OH/KYians (and our Otakon guests)

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

Dear Ryo-OH/KYians (and our Otakon guests)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:22 pm

attn: Brian (AM), Brian (BW), Pervy, Reako, Sean, Dan, Charles, Alex, Shan, Amanda, Ganonfro, Mike, Gus, anyone I missed

Dad really, really wants us to stay at a different inn this time around. He's got his eyes set on the Sleep Inn and Suites in Linthicum, MD or somesuch city. We would be staying at a nicer inn, in larger rooms, in a nicer neighborhood, in a hotel directly on the light rail line that will take us to the convention (no shuttling from the hotel to the lightrail). The only problem is, it'll cost $90-100 a person.

The question is, will this price be a problem for anyone going? I think some of us are willing to help out those who can't afford this in whole or part, we just need to find out who needs help to work it out.

If you'd prefer not to post here that this is a problem, pop me an IM about it. <p>
<center>Hello, I'm Dia. I'm a dragongirl, and I bite. RAWR!
</center><small>-=- "I wanna get so drunk that I start seeing my friends as cows." -- Aya (LadyDragonClawsEDW)
-=- "If you're still able to see in colors and not in scents...you're CERTAINLY not drunk enough." -- Nakibe (Nakibe)
-=- "Don't you know the only excuse for that is being drunk!?" -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "Alcohol is good for everything." -- Banjooie</small></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/04 9:25 pm

Jak Snide

Re: Dear Ryo-OH/KYians (and our Otakon guests)

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:25 pm

The price is fine with me, and I'll chip in for anyone who needs help.

Also, it's $90-100 each for all 4 days, right?

Totally Dan

... :D

Unread postby Totally Dan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:25 pm

I do believe I can do such, yes.

So don't worry, I have no problem with that amount.

pd Rydia

Re: ... :D

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:25 pm

That is right, 90-100 for all 4 days. <p>
</center><small>-=- "I wanna get so drunk that I start seeing my friends as cows." -- Aya (LadyDragonClawsEDW)
-=- "If you're still able to see in colors and not in scents...you're CERTAINLY not drunk enough." -- Nakibe (Nakibe)
-=- "Don't you know the only excuse for that is being drunk!?" -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "Alcohol is good for everything." -- Banjooie</small></p>

Nekogami

Bling! BLING!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:26 pm

It's significantly pricer but that's like half of one paycheck so it shouldn't be a problem.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:27 pm

Look, I won't deny that it's a good idea... but neither can I deny that the majority of us aren't exactly made of money. I should be able to swing that... it'll just mean buying less cool shit at Otakon. A lot less.

Gotta get serious about saving money now. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:33 pm

If I go, the extra $100 should be no problem.
<p>

I am just too damn British.

LilDragonFluffy: HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FEMININFIZE GUS?!

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:12 pm

I have no clue.

Given that I am going to have a majorly draining insurance payment before Otakon, it's looking less likely.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:19 pm

Please don't get all pessimistic, it's depressing and stressing. The point of this is just so Jak and I (and anyone else who wants to help) can figure out who we need to help out so that we all can go. <p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Hmmm

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:24 pm

Yeah, I think I can handle that price, so long as I don't lose my wallet this time around XD

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Hmmm

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:49 pm

That's fine. *budget budget* <p>--------------------
"Kill her. Then we'll have pizza."

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:03 am

Assuming I can make the arrangements to go at all, I think I can handle that...but I don't think I can help anyone else with their own arrangements for a variety of reasons, unfortunately. I'll see what I can do. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:18 pm

I shouldn't have a problem with it, just less things to get at otakon. But hey, I've never hung out with you guys in person, so it seems pretty good to me anyways! :D

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:23 pm

Shouldn't be a problem for me at all.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:29 pm

Well, Div, you aren't staying in the OH/KY caravan hotel rooms, so you can expect to pay more unless you can find people to share the room with you. <p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:55 pm

......hm.

After looking elsewhere at the prices, I'm not deterred from this in the least. (Though if it goes any higher than what I looked up for it, which would be about $109 a night, I'll have to reconsider the whole trip.) <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"><br /><br />=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"<br />
View my online journal here.<br />Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:10 pm

Try searching the hotel's website and search for two 4-person rooms. You should get a rate around $79 with a triple A discount (if anyone in your family has triple A). <p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:46 pm

When you say 4 people rooms, will there only be 4 people in them or will we have people on the floor and so on?
<p>

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:54 pm

We're getting two 6-person rooms and my dad is getting one 4-person room (which he's going to share with Amanda, my brother, and I). We will have between 12 and 14 people in the two 6-person rooms (*cough*).

There are NOT going to be 6 beds per room, though...at best it'll be two double beds and a sofa bed. So yeah, some people are going to have to sleep on the floor or cots. <p>

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:35 pm

That's fine with me. It's a bit early to say if I can help anyone else, but I'll see what I can do.

Waldorf Nikki
Utimate Cheese Connoisseur

Unread postby Waldorf Nikki » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:39 pm

GUS: You don't need to worry about a hotel room if you're staying with me. My parents are cool with you staying the whole week. Remember, I'm taking off that whole week, and I only live like 30 minutes from the con. <p>------------------

I hypnotize you.

Dare to be stupid..

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:45 pm

Nikki is rad. :D <p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:11 pm

Sweet that works out for me.
<p>

Return to Discussion Forum