Are newbs so hated?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Tigergirl

Are newbs so hated?

Unread postby Tigergirl » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:50 am

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>I'm so curious about this. I'm a newb here, yet I'm a 5 year oldie in many other places. Though newbs tend to be so very very annoying, experienced 'newbs' so to say.. are they to be so shunned like I was when I posted? Eh? Whats your opinion on this?</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm11.processVote?topicID=632.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Newbs are evil! Kill them all!</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Newbs are annoying... lets cage them and poke @ them with a stick.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="3"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Newbs... eh.. they are OK</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="4"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Newbs add to the atmosphere, and keep a place from going dead. Give them a chance.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="5"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Yay! Invite all newbs! </FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form>Show results</FONT>

Lord McBastard

Re: Are newbs so hated?

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:25 am

If you had spent ten years learning French and then went too Russia, your expierence in French owuld only help a little.

If you stick by whatever you learned on other boards you probably won't last.

Adaption baby, that's what it's about. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:06 am

Lesson #1: When making polls, try to keep the options short and concise, because when you don't Ezboards gets all lame and extends the width of the page to really annoying proportions.

Other than that? Meh. Welcome aboard, don't step in the poo.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:39 pm

I love new posters! With a little salt and toasted lightly... <p>
-=- "Spammers are people too." -- SuperRube
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight
-=- "If it smells like a discussion, walks like a discussion, and talks like a discussion.. it's a.. duck" -- Crawling Reshiki<p><center>Image</center></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:19 pm

Gotta love that shortened spelling!

'new' - 'b'. <p>

Creation: COMPREHENDING STUPIDITY.</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:48 pm

w00t p00p n00b d00d! <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:03 pm

A more xenophobic cult of elitest spelling-nazis there never was. But they only hate because they care. Image

Seriosuly though; people hereabouts tend to be merciless with newbs who don't listen to and follow up advice. That's probably the only prerequisite to hanging out here. <p>---
These powerful ships have a tremendous range of fire. Their cannons do enormous amounts of damage to other naval units.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:56 pm

What Mech'X said.

Personally, I don't really view newcomers as "newbs". Rookies only become "newbies" through idiocy and stubbornness. As long as you're willing to adapt to the standards of the communnity and actually listen to other people, you're cool with me. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Waldorf Nikki
Utimate Cheese Connoisseur

Unread postby Waldorf Nikki » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:52 am

I lurk so much I never really notice whos new and who isn't... <p>------------------

I hypnotize you.

Dare to be stupid..

</p>

Iceexplosive

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:06 am

Hi. I'm an example of someone who's been at RPGWW a long time, yet is still a newbie. I'm known as a "permanewb," and I've earned the title!

See, everyone hates me here. They obviously must hate me because they're antinewb, and can't appreciate my totally awesome personality (and band! Man, we're so rocking that we can ignore it when everyone tells us our music sucks ass).

Yeah, almost everytime I post here I get people yelling at me for opening my dumb mouth. You would wonder why I stick around. Well, the truth is...

So take my advice. If you're like me, and want to be mocked mercilessly because you're a moron, then stick around!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 11/30/03 6:41 pm

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:26 pm

W don't hate you because you're a newbie, we hate you for a completely different reason. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:40 pm

Iceexplosive or whatever.
Now now, we only hate you because you're being dumb, not because you're a "new"
<p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

WhiteWerefox

Are newbs so hated?

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:09 pm

I don't find newbies annoying. I find most *people* annoying.

And newbies are people too. <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:35 pm

I am terribly amused by Dia's edit. As I'm sure are some other people. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Adrin

I am a n00b.

Unread postby Adrin » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:15 pm

As evidenced by my post total, I'm not a big poster here.

But I've been around for awhile.

*pops back into Hole*

Return to Discussion Forum