For those with online journals.....

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Divinegon2130

For those with online journals.....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:15 pm

How many of you know for certain you have people reading your online journal? I haven't checked everyone's, so I wouldn't know about this.

And has their interpretation of what you write in your online journal ever surprised you?

I ask the latter question because after I wrote one of my recent entries, my parents called me and said they were concerned about me. Apparently a phrase that I had written, "....but at least I didn't hurt myself over it", was interpreted by my brother as warning that I had ever considered hurting myself (something I'd never EVER consider).

Don't ask me the logic of that, as I myself don't know how my brother could have interpreted it that way, but he told my parents and they went ahead and called me. Luckily that issue's been straightened out, but..... <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quote of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:x-small;"> <br />
Thompson: ....nah, but with not having to guard Miles anymore, I'm just, well, overly bored now.
Leothe: Really? In this city? You must have to work hard at it.<br />
View my online journal here. </span></p>

FlamingDeth

Re: For those with online journals.....

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:22 am

Hey, both BW and Steve :( remarked on my most recent entry, so I think there's a decent chance that someone is.

But then, they could have just randomly typed in a response without actually reading the entry. They're kooky like that. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:21 am

I honestly don't really care too much. I do remain aware of the entire possibility that there may be people who actually will intentionally read my journal, which is why I don't make entries like "Man, I had such an awesome erection going on the other night. It was great." although I really should.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:34 am

I admit guilt in not reading others' journals more than, like, once a month. I do, however, have a small group reading my journal, which fairly well astounds me. I can't say that any of said group's interpretations have been rather eye-opening, as the commentary is usually highly irrelevant and insubstantial, but back in the day before we ran WinXP, my mother tripped across my journal more or less on accident as the URL was in the 'recently accessed' portion of the URL dropdown menu of IE. I also can't say that her position was eye-opening, as it was highly insubstantial , irrelevant, AND negative. Eh, what can you do? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:29 am

Most mothers are like that Priam.

Where do you get these journals? <p>

The Media is an organization in the same sense that Ohio is a team. -PriamNevhausten</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:10 pm

http://www.deadjournal.com
www.livejournal.com

You have to obtain an authorization code from a current user in order to get your own. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

SALSAlys

Heh.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:28 pm

I know for a fact some of my friends read my journal, as it's passworded and they bug me if I don't update. Reason I update is because my journal, I use it as a way to keep my friends aware of what issues are in my life. I have another journal that I keep (book format, yo!) that I spill stuff into, so my online one isn't as much of a venting space for me.

As for interpretations... mm.

I prefer being brutally honest with myself and others in my journals, which may be why I don't update much, as some of my friends usually talk with me online if they feel that in my journal I'm being harsh on myself or them. Plus, when I write, I feel... naked, for a lack of a better term. I expose all parts of myself, my emotion, my psyche, when I do it.

At least when I write a GOOD entry instead of the 'OMG I'M HAPPY I WANT SUGAR NOW!' entries I used to do when I first started writing.

And I'm really not a nudist. *shrug* At least not that way. A lot of my other friends complain that I don't show enough of my real emotions, even if they've wailed out every agony they've felt to me.

Return to Discussion Forum