Theological Question #2

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Wolfbelly

Theological Question #2

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:02 pm

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Can God create a rock he cannot lift?</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm11.processVote?topicID=581.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Yes</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>No</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form>Show results</FONT>

Lord McBastard

Re: Theological Question #2

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:04 pm

He sure could. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

:>

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:05 pm

I have no theological stake in this argument, but I always do love hearing the debate over this.

Lord Hatsuma

Re: :>

Unread postby Lord Hatsuma » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:08 pm

No.

It's not that he wouldn't have the power, the problem is "God can't ____" is a erroneous statement by the definition of 'God'.

~Hatsuma!

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:48 pm

::votes completely at random, as the question is usually resutls in pointless debate rather than illuminating coversation.:: <p>

English does not have a word for what you do to do a dead thing to make it stop chasing you. Clearly, you cannot kill that which is dead. But until Mr. Webster comes up with replacement, we are forced to render dead that which is dead. - Just Call Me Fed

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:09 pm

What the fuck. We already had this discussion. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:19 am

The answer I consider correct: God has better things to do with his time. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:13 am

COULD JESUS MICROWAVE A BURRITO SO HOT HE COULD NOT EAT IT :D?

Now that the obligatoriy Simpsons reference is done...

'That which is of a parodoxical nature is not part of the power of God.' Or something of the like.

Meh.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:05 am

Can you draw a triangle that has four sides? No. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Huzington

ah

Unread postby Huzington » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:05 am

If God could make a rock so big that he could not lift it, then God would have a self-contradictory property. Anything which is self-contradictory cannot be thought to be real. Thus God cannot have the property of omnipotence.

Such are my thoughts.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:12 am

Vir, stop breathing.

Huzington

Re: ..

Unread postby Huzington » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:19 am

I ain't a vir (in fact I am rather daft). As a Theist, I am here only to inform - don't be offended. For you have to admit - God, though he is real, cannot be onmipotent.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:59 am

Stop talking. Take a philosophy course. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:50 am

Okay I'm stopping this before it gets any worse. <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum