A Not So Faceless Community on the Internet.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:32 pm

Brandon Debus

Everyone who uses the internet is aware of its hazards and horrors, but is it all bad? Of course not. Tucked away in a small corner of the net is a message board, they call it Role Playing Game World World or RPGWW for short. It was originally an imaginative fantasy setting and has now grown into so much more.

The people their regard each other as friends rather than just faceless strangers on the internet. Daniel Caruana, or Elementalist Daien as he uses on the board, has been a member for nearly two years and got attached to the people their “The community feel, I believe” he said “Like friends are, you know”. Alexis Harper, or Vampire Jester Jinx as she’s known, has been a member for over two years and said nearly the same kept her there “I liked the people around” she said “and basically at the time, I had nothing else to do.”

There is a wide variety of member on RPGWW. Most live in North America, specifically the east coast, while others, such as Mr.Caruana, live in the country of Malta and other European nations. The difference of cultures is much more a strength than a weakness as it allows people to be open minded and more exposed to different ideas and ways of life.

The community is not a utopia though; it has had its share of fights and culture clashes. Wide scale arguments, or ‘flame wars’ as they’re known, have broken out, the Iraq war was a particular bit of contention. But these never last and the community returns to its relatively tranquil state and discussions go on as usual. It can be an exciting place or a relaxing place; it’s all about what you try to get out of it.
-------------

Just a little story I wrote for Reporting. Yup.
<p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

SuperRube

Re: A Not So Faceless Community on the Internet.

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:09 pm

You never mentioned any flame wars.

AND YOU FORGOT TO TRIPLE CHECK YOUR SOURCES! THIS IS THE LAST ARTICLE YOU'LL WRITE FOR THIS PAPER, McCLOUD! <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:26 pm

He did mention flame wars, actually.

Also, rock on. <p>
<small><center><font color=navy>Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again, learn to live so free
And when we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up and let us in</font>

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</small></center></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:38 pm

I want to take that into Word and edit it so bad...

But regardless, it was a good read. Image <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:28 pm

Well... he didn't mention them promanantly enough.

And he's still off the paper. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:41 am

o.O lawd i sound like a dork. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
"Oh the funky horror!" ~ Happy Noodle Boy
</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum