Sometimes I dislike networks.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Divinegon2130

Sometimes I dislike networks.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:17 pm

Well, here I am, having been unable to access the internet for two weeks. Until just three minutes ago, in fact.

Why?

There's been way too many viruses going around. I'm not even going to bother to list them, as they've reportedly affected just about every school network.

What did Utica College (where I am right now) do? They shut down everyone's internet connection until their computers were updated and cleaned.

Thusly, my roommate and I went ahead with using a special CD created and provided by the Computer Help Desk and Residential Networking (AKA ResNet) to do these updates ourselves. Unfortunately it wasn't until almost a week later that we got access.

.....actually, before I got access. My roommate, Rory, still doesn't have his.

Anyone else have to suffer through network trouble (whether it's a school network or a company network or something else)? <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Current Quotes: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"> <br />
"Are you kidding? Good thick mane, strong shanks, white teeth, you'll be beating them off with sticks." - Dalis (WhiteWereFox)
"Video games won't breed in captivity." - KnightsofSquare
"OK, how do shadows echo, Kelne?" - Idran (Idran1701)

View my online journal here. </span></p>

pd Rydia

Re: Sometimes I dislike networks.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:25 pm

No troubles here, but welcome back, dude. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:43 pm

Indeed, welcome back. A couple of GMs were quite traumatized by your lack of existance. o_o

*gives two consolation plushies* <p>

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>

RedEye Dragon89

Unread postby RedEye Dragon89 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:58 pm

MS Blaster Worm, right? We had that problem over the summer, but I wasn't around to care. Sounds like a bitch, though.

Geebus.The emoticons are attacking my post.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:22 pm

Holy crap, it's RedEye Dragon! Catch him before he escapes! <p>

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum