Sigh. Yet another reason to hate 3rd world countries.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Biomess

Sigh. Yet another reason to hate 3rd world countries.

Unread postby Biomess » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:19 pm

Not that I mean that, of course, I'm living in one. But one of the problems with people nowadays is that they have no morals. And that's a huge problem when you have and they don't.
So this is the situation: Mirrodin prerelease (yes, I play Magic, thank you). A guy was trading with me an a friend, and when he leaves the table, he forgets about his tournament deck. I pick it up, and find him, returning the deck to its rightful owner. Minutes later I realize I'm missing my sideboard, which out of the 105 cards you receive, comprises roughly 60-65 cards. So yeah, that's what happened in an ironic twist of fate. Like the song goes: "Nice guys finish last". And make no mistake: I was smuggled, robbed or whatever you eant to call it; I had 40 card covers with the deck, and a pen and paper. They wouldn't even leave me the fucking pen!!!! Damn, I'm so angry, so mad, specially because I was so excited about the whole thing and it turned to shit in like 5 seconds.

So there, I don't want pity, but I would like to know if in other places outside of Latin America shit like this happens. <p>---------------------
I hate no html comments allowed. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
</p>

5orbus

Re: Sigh. Yet another reason to hate 3rd world countries.

Unread postby 5orbus » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:30 pm

I don't think that is limited to "3rd world" countries, I seem to remember a few occasions when this sort of thing has happened over here in Britain to people I know.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:50 pm

People everywhere are lying, thieving jerks.

At least, that's been my experience. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:49 pm

A good deal of my CDs were stolen out of my backpack the other day :D How funny!

;_; Zero will die without music!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:07 pm

I'm more surprised when things aren't stolen. I switched from the local public (council) high school to a private high school, and was shocked to see everyone at the small, private school just leaves their stuff lying around in the hallways and in lockers, completely unlocked and unguarded. Some of these kids have carried over this practice to college, and are getting stolen from there when people aren't quite as nice... <p>
<small><center><font color=navy>Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again, learn to live so free
And when we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up and let us in</font>

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</small></center></p>

5orbus

Unread postby 5orbus » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:48 pm

1 in 4 students at university in the UK are a victim of crime, of course that is the national average, and it is far worse in come areas than others. The worst thing about vrime in this country though, is that it is increasingly becoming violent, for example a 6 or so year old girl was shot in the back because she saw her father being murdered.

Biomess

Unread postby Biomess » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:15 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!!!! Want to know something funny? Someone just stole my stereo from my car!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Two out of two!!!! Maybe tomorrow I'll lose a testicle or maybe I get savagely raped by a bunch of baboons!!!

Oh, I just hate the world. I hope we all die a painful death and get it over with. And I'm planning on joining that funny human extinction group too. <p>---------------------
I hate no html comments allowed. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
</p>

Return to Discussion Forum