resume help

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

resume help

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:09 pm

I'm attempting to locate work in which to use my Spanish, and towards that end I've made up a resume for myself. Any feedback and suggestions would be appreciated, especially from anyone else who's made a job resume before.

<center><table border=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width="87%"><tr><td><center><big><big>C----- Diane K---</big></big><hr size=1 noshade width=100%><table width="100%" border=0><tr><td><div align=left>1899 P-------- D----, apt ####
F-------, KY 4----</div></td><td><div align=right>Email: pdrydia@hotmail.com
Home: (---) --------</div></td></tr></table><hr size=1 noshade width=100%>

SPANISH SPEAKER / TRANSLATOR</center><div align=justify>
PROFILE:<ul>Highly self-motivated and functionally fluent Spanish major seeking employment in a workplace where her Spanish skills can be used on a regular or semi-regular basis. Has a strong desire to develop her language skills through working with and helping others. Enjoys meeting new people as well as facing new challenges.</ul>WORK EXPERIENCE:
<ul>Aug 02 - Dec 02

<ul>Work study with Professor Maria C. Garriga. Regular practice grading and correcting lower level Spanish work. Job terminated due to funding cutbacks.</ul>
Jan 98 - Dec 99

<ul>Twenty-three months work at the McDonalds in the Cincinnati/Northern KY International Airport, 17 months spent as in a position of authority as a Crew Leader. High-stress job with intense training in customer and coworker relations. Experience with financial responsibility and upkeeping quality standards.</ul></ul>EDUCATION:<ul>Working on a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
Thomas More College, Crestview Hills, KY
August 2001 - present

Extensive training in the language and cultures of the Spanish speaking world. Liberal arts education gives a diverse background of knowledge. Has spent 2 weeks in Spain as part of an art history class.

Graduated Saludatorian from
Villa Madonna Academy, Villa Hills, KY
August 1999 - May 2001</ul>TECHNICAL SKILLS:<ul>Skilled with Red Hat Linux, Windows 98, Windows XP, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook Express, Novell GroupWise, MS FrontPage, Netscape Composer, Wordpad, Microsoft Word. Advanced Internet and HTML skills. Quickly learns and familiarizes with new programs and operating systems.</ul>REFERENCES:<ul>[cut out]</div></ul></td></tr></table></center> <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 9/11/03 9:24 pm

Banjooie

Re: resume help

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:50 pm

References needs to say available upon request. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:54 pm

I think she means that she has references, but like hell she's putting them on the web. Also, it's better to actually put references on your resume than to say "Available on request."

Rhelian Alto

Unread postby Rhelian Alto » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:11 am

It looks pretty damn nice. One thing I've heard quite a few times is to list any and all skills you have, irrelevant as you think they may be. From martial arts to computer proficiency, a prospective employer might see something impressive in even a "minor" accomplishment. Other than that, good luck! With a resume like that, you won't have much trouble finding a job. <p>

Remember, pillage first, THEN burn.
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.</p>

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:34 am

I know a lot of customer service type positions in call centers are willing to kill to get fluent spanish speakers <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:35 pm

Dia you can put down that you work on managing a fourm since you do. That would show how good you are with internet access pupblic relations.

Btw. I was born in Ky <p>"Seek out a Kingdom worthy of your soul."

Reign the conquer.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum