RPGW RP forum...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

RPGW RP forum...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:54 pm

I visited RPGW today (shock!) and discovered something curious. The forums have been redone, and amongst the new subfora there, they have an RP forum.

This is what I'm talking about.
Thoughts? <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: RPGW RP forum...

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:05 pm

So they do. How intriguing...Just a question, though. If they have their own RP forum, doesn't that effectively cement our splitting off from them? <p>
Dragons own you. Don't even waste your time trying to argue.

"Why the hell are goons with swords so rare these days?" - Jak Snide</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:18 pm

Possibly. I think Ian must continue to link us out of...courtesy, I guess? <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "Kazootles!"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:32 pm

Hmn...it feels a little weird, but I think that this is pretty much a good idea. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is

"Queasy? Queasiness is for the weak! And the queasy!" -Jaeko</span></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:41 pm

I find that somewhat amusing, actually. <p>

There was a hole here once. Now it's gone.</p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:43 pm

Holy fucking shit. 24 subforums? That place is on par with ADVENTURERS! for sheer number of useless forums, and that isn't a good thing.

Also, who cares what they're doing over there? We have almost no communication with them, and the member crossover between them is almost non-existant. And in the cases where there are members of both boards, it's always an RPGWWer who spends a bit of time over there.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:48 pm

Hey, if they want, let them. I personally don't care.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:49 pm

There are actually more than 24 subforums...some of the subforums have subforums.

[edit] If so many people don't care, isn't that a sign we should just go ahead and make a clean break from RPGW? o_o <p>
-=- "Kazootles!"

{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 8/24/03 8:52 pm

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:50 pm

I'm with Adam. I honestly don't care either. <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
S-D.Net Oekaki - Elitist Bastards
</span>
</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:55 pm

Well, we could, but then what do we call ourselves? I mean, I'm fine either way. But that's just a question.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:05 pm

I dunno. RPG Gaera Gaera? RP World? RP Gaera? <p>
-=- "Kazootles!"

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:15 pm

i have no real attachment to it really..........and it seems they have no need of us now, seeing that they have that and all. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
"Oh the funky horror!" ~ Happy Noodle Boy
</div></p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:31 pm

Gaera Main seems pretty fitting. Then we'd be Gaerans instead of RPGWWers. Easier to say at least. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:08 am

I dont really think we should bother changing our name, because of like, laziness and stuff.

Besides, Role Playing Games World World is still cool :D

I dunno, dont ask me! :D

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:12 am

Gaera Main seems like a good enough name *nod* <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
</span>
</div></p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:12 am

Well...this is kinda what I and...well droves of people have been suggesting for some time......anyways.

Gaera Main is fine but it sorta but it sorta sounds like we're a one trick pony. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:12 am

Why break the times to the past?

Personally, I'll call it RPGWW no matter what anyways.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:19 am

eh, I thought we came here because we wanted to be a prt of this community not because of RPG World...hell I still havne't read the comic... <p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:04 am

Keep in mind that the URL will always contain RPGWW in it.

...and that I don't see why the name would need to be changed anyways, even if we are completely split from the comic. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:15 am

Won't someone please consider all my folders!? I have links and files all contained in RPGWW folders, all marked within a huge RPGWW folder....

... You change the name and 'm going to look mighty silly.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:41 am

Yeah, changing the name doesn't really seem necessary. Personally, I'm all for keeping RPGWW, just because it's easy and it's how I'll probably always refer to the community. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:44 am

Likewise. Unless IanJ objects, of course, but he doesn't seem like the sort to do that.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:06 pm

*Related ff3.com story I'm not going to waste your time with unless you ask me.*

But in short, changing the name is a really stupid idea. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:20 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone even bothered to talk to Ian about this? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:27 pm

Of course not.

Another note: Changing the name of the forum will also make all those comics and fanthingies and such look pretty dumb. <p>

"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:35 pm

Hence, changing the name is unnecessary. And I don't really think Ian will care one way or another, so there's no reason to bug him about it. <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:41 pm

Talk to Ian about what? Can't tell someone a decision if you haven't made it. <p>
-=- "Kazootles!"

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:46 pm

It's not like he has to be a part of our decisions anyway.

...and I maintain that we have no reason to change our name. <p>

</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:04 pm

I concur, the name should stay the same :D

Also, I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but theres a link to here on the RPGW site now that I just noticed.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:11 pm

...that link has been there for quite some time. Before I got here, at least, and I came while it was still on the Keenspace boards, and while the Keenspace boards were still UBB. That's like...two years or something. <p>

</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:17 pm

I personally find that I don't really care. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

IanJ

Unread postby IanJ » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:49 pm

Likewise. Unless IanJ objects, of course, but he doesn't seem like the sort to do that.

I object! But if you guys really want to break off from my comic, that's okay. :( I rather liked having you guys linked since you're like your own little community (see how I even put your link above the comic forum link? eh? eh?)

that thing in the forum.. I don't even run those forums, and I told those guys to keep roleplaying to a minimum because I already link to an RP Forum. but if you guys want to get rid of me and break off on your own, I'm fine with it. I still like you guys even tho I don't visit, and it was cool to see some of you at otakon this year.

Edit: *tries turning on HTML*

Edit2: CURSES >:{ I'll have to turn off the sig, Sorry Ian

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/03 10:50 pm

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:54 pm

Dude, I looked for you everywhere and didn't see you! It was a disappointment. You and Webrunner both, actually...but no luck locating either. o_O Go figure. And I honestly don't know if Webby was there or not.

Personally, I don't think we're likely to get any more broken off from you than we already are, either way, and I'm in favor of keeping the effective ties (since at the base, we really are a spin-off of RPGW, aren't we?) such as our link to your comic and the name. ^^ <p>

</p>

Lord Hatsuma

Unread postby Lord Hatsuma » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:01 pm

Bah! Break off? That's silly. What we really need is just to rename the link "RPGWW forum" instead of "RP Forum" to make it less confusing. Sheesh.

~Hatsuma!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:01 pm

That's groovy to hear, Ian. o.o I somehow thought you would view us as a third wheel of sorts, since we kinda went off on our own and did our own thing. The new RP forum kinda cemented this impression, but can't argue with that post, can I?

(Now I feel bad about not saying hi to you at Otakon. :P I saw you, and went, "hwee, it's Ian! ...Oh crap, I have nothing to say... :{)

[edit] I think more people would be confused to see a link to RPGWW, as "RP forum" explains what we are to the "uneducated" reader, while "RPGWW" doesn't. <p>
-=- "Kazootles!"

{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/03 9:04 pm

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:45 pm

Heheh... I may not have had anything to say either, but that didn't stop me from talking to him. I remember him mentioning how our link is above the regular forum link at Otakon, too XP

And now, for no reason whatsoever, I bring you IanJ's sig.

<table BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 COLS=3 WIDTH="49%" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" ><tr><td WIDTH="200"><center>Image</center></td><td WIDTH="200"><center>Image</center></td><td WIDTH="200"><center>Image</center></td></tr><tr><td><center><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font size=-1>POW.</font></font></center></td><td>
<center><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font size=-1>WHAP.</font></font></center></td><td>
<center><font face="Arial,Helvetica"><font size=-1>BAM.</font></font></center></td></tr></table>

I thought it was pretty cool.

Anyway, on the topic at hand... I forgot to mention this earlier, but honestly, I don't see why any change at all is necessary.
<p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

IanJ

Unread postby IanJ » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:40 am

Whoops! my crappy old sig... I forgot to get rid of it.

Er yeah, anyway, if you guys want to change anything about the relationship between RPGWW and RPGW you can let me know...

I'm pretty flexible.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:10 pm

Geez, now I feel bad too. I even went to that panel you were on. I thought about saying something to you afterwards, but I was thinking the same thing as Dia, that we were a sort of third wheel from breaking so many ties to RPGW. Personally, even though I didn't join until we were basically separate, I still like the connection we have. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

tiny harddrive

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:42 pm

::mauls all who did not speak to Ian....with a sock...out of love::

Keep the name you nits :( <p>"And the children of Corsica did scorn Julian, and wish pestilence upon his head." - The Book Of Julian

Upset by the dull selection of presents you received? Express your disappointment by crushing the gifts in front of your family." - Mr T/Cos the Hedgehog

</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:05 pm

I couldn't go to Otakon. :( so don't hurt me! <p>
</span>
</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum