Psychological Question #1

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Wolfbelly

Psychological Question #1

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:06 pm

What goes through your mind while you try to sleep? <p>Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 8/3/03 4:10 pm

5orbus

Re: Psychological Question #1

Unread postby 5orbus » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:07 pm

The thought that I am going to fail my exams, which I get the results for a week thursday.

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:07 pm

90% of the time it's women. <p>
Canada....TO THE RESCUE!</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:40 pm

It's usually me thinking out what my priorities are in life... Then it goes into random gibberish before I sleep.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:09 pm

Sometimes thoughts of work, other times things like DDR, and occasionally images of people close to me. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:28 pm

that sig animation cracks me up.

anyhow, mostly it's all the things i did that day, "did i accompish everything that needed to be done?" "is my car locked, house locked?" "holy shit do i have homework due tomorrow?" "what the hell do i have to do tomorrow?"

and then from the practical it lapses into people i miss. Then prayers. and from that point as i get horribly sleepy, it just gets silly. random images and half baked thoughts.Image <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
"Oh the funky horror!" ~ Happy Noodle Boy
</div></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:13 pm

Nothing.

I intentionally blank out before I go to sleep. <p>

There was a hole here once. Now it's gone.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:15 pm

I'm a lot like Lex. I just sort of go over what happened that day, what's gonna happen the next day, and stuff I want to do sometime eventually. Occasionally, I get lost in fictional realms; sometimes ones I've created, sometimes ones I've read about / RPed in. Too bad that never leads to any really cool dreams. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:43 pm

Meh, usually I just continue thinking about what I did before deciding to go to bed. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is</span></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:25 pm

Indeed. I think basically the same stuff I do when I'm not really doing anything--going over the coming day's/week's plans, making sure all the variables are accounted for, and what contingencies I might have to implement; RPG element calculations; plans for RP characters; how much money I have and where it will likely go; that sort of thing. Eventually it fades into a blur, and becomes like a meditative trance. This is where I fall asleep. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

SorataYuy
The dark-haired miscreant

Unread postby SorataYuy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:53 pm

^_^;; I know I dream, but for the most part, I sleep so heavily I can't remember any of them when I wake up. The only dreams that I can recall, the ones that recur most, I can't exactly list here. Too privateImage .

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:02 pm

I strangely don't dream when I first fall asleep. It's when I get woken up, then fall back asleep quickly that I've ever remembered dreaming... But that's mainly from my mind just going blank usually right before I fall asleep.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:08 pm

I go where my mind takes me. <p>_________________
FEEL MY WRATH!
...it's very fuzzy.

"Samurai, samurai, why won't you DIE?!"
-Aku, Samurai Jack</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:26 am

o.o i have crazy dreams. and i can remember most of them for about an hour or so after waking. longer if i try to remember them.

then again, i also have night terrors, yell in my sleep, walk in my sleep, carry on conversations and beat the hell out of people. i also happen if i'm worried. to sit up in bed then yell whatever is on my mind then lay back down. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
"Oh the funky horror!" ~ Happy Noodle Boy
</div></p>

AnronTagutsi1987

Unread postby AnronTagutsi1987 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:21 am

I think of my friend, my best friend, I don't know why I think of her,I just do, and thats how I fall asleep.. <p>Image

</p>

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:56 am

I have to listen to music for me to sleep, so I tend to concintrate on the lyrics of the songs. And a majority of my dreams have something to do with the last song I heard before falling alseep.

WhiteShadow

So What's Psychological Question #2?

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:05 am

I fret when I go to sleep, or I hope.

This is mostly women related, but if I'm fretting, I'm worrying about something I said or did, or how much sleep I'm gonna get, and the like.

If I'm hoping, I'm imagining what the weekend, or future functions are gonna be like. It's amazing how many scenarios the mind can come up with when it's bored and you're trying to go to sleep. <p>-----------------------------------------------------
"To fall, to fall... Glorious!"</p>

SALSAlys

Re: So What's Psychological Question #2?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:24 pm

Hm... usually reviewing a bit of the day's events, then things I plan or want to do... then roleplaying, thinking about my characters or parts of the world, plots I want to do... ^^;;

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:43 pm

What happened in the day, how to fix it, if I can. Things that upset me and how I'm going to deal with them, how my friends are going to react to what I do to deal with things. How I overreact to everything in stupid ways.

And then catgirls, because it's so darn cute when they play with yarn. <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

Sivak

Unread postby Sivak » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:38 pm

My RP chars and video games take up the majority of my thoughts before sleep. And when I dream, its most often about my alter egos (who form the basis of my RP chars) in various situations. Sometimes, a dream that I have one night will pick up and continue where it left off the next. Which is a sign, I'm sure, that something is wrong up there. <p>Who me? I'm working with you.
Sivak, Chaos Sorceror</p>

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:41 pm

All sorts of random musings. Standard procedure is for me to have ideas that are either really brilliant or fantastically stupid.

Recently, I've been pondering what openings Jesus would play if he played chess.

I'm thinking he'd have a preference for gambits, personally.

-White Knight <p>

Behold! Sig figs!</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:43 am

I umm, haven't decided on Psychological Question #2 yet. Someone else can ask if they want to.

In regards to what I think about before I go to sleep, yesterday I kinda kept a log. I mostly thought about my personal failures over the past few years and analyzed them for patterns and wondered about how to solve any recurring problems. Then I wondered about the forest fires in BC, and whether they were going to get some rain any time soon. That lead me to thinking about my parent's farm, which has been dangerously bone dry as of late. I can't remember too much else, that's what sticks out in my mind.

When I woke up though, I was thinking 'We built this city' by some 80's band. It's a catchy tune. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 8/5/03 12:45 am

Sivak

Unread postby Sivak » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:31 pm

How about "What would you do with three wishes?"

A bit cliche', but a classic. <p>Who me? I'm working with you.
Sivak, Chaos Sorceror</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:51 am

Hmm, yeah ... I could ask that, but that's not overly psychological I'd think ... Hmmm ... <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

You Fear Me

well my answer is...

Unread postby You Fear Me » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:10 pm

I think about how much I would like to go to sleep and how i am wasting time just lying in bed and I wish i was not an insomniac. Then i fall asleep and dream the same dream as every night.

Nick Shogun

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:03 am

Two particular women.

tiny harddrive

Unread postby tiny harddrive » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:31 am

Often my last thoughts before I sleep: "Damn man, how am I gonna get any sleep in a position like this???" <p>"And the children of Corsica did scorn Julian, and wish pestilence upon his head." - The Book Of Julian

Upset by the dull selection of presents you received? Express your disappointment by crushing the gifts in front of your family." - Mr T/Cos the Hedgehog

</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Blah

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:36 am

How many things I messed up that day. <p>

Another crazy conversation between me and Jak
<p>Me: Seriously, it pees when I burn!
<p>Jak:....
<p>Me:....
<p>Jak: Don't you mean-
<p>Me: No, seriously! Here, you set my arm on fire and I'll wet my pants.
</p>

Return to Discussion Forum