Serious shit.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

BrainWalker
✔+

Serious shit.

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:52 am

Yea, I know some of you don't particularly care for live journal. Well, I have one. And tonight, it really helped me calm down a bit. Therefore, it has served a purpose.

If you care, read about some serious shit. If you don't care, fuck you!

I think I might actually be able to go to bed soon. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kuro Kodomo

Re: Serious shit.

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:05 am

Holy cow...well, even though I don't know you guys or anything, I'm glad that everyone is okay. That is the prime example as to why alchohol is bad for your healthImage

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:28 am

Dayum.

o_o

You know...I was freakin' out on my drive home. Kept being conviced I was gonna go off the road until I got back to where I have driven about a thousand times. Twas dark and hard to see, though.

Anyways, I hope the guy is okay. Was anything broken, from what the Paramedics were saying? Also, Gettysburg area?

I don't think he would have much of a case against you, given the driving conditions and you being in your proper lane. Technically, pedestians do have right of way, but I think your extenuating circumstances should be enough to get you off in most cases. Also, the illegal intoxication (He was 20, right?) should play into your favor. The fact you weren't cited also help.

Much love, my brother. I've been in some bad ones too, and it's not been easy. But things look good for you.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:22 pm

I kept feeling like it was my fault, I saw the guy 2 seconds right before impact. I was also too scared or shocked to get out of the car and help BW... on the way back to his house, I accidently made a stupid comment, causing BW to yell at me. I really suck at handling situations like these...

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:04 pm

Well, that's not overly surprising, considering how this would be the first time that you were in a car vs. pedestrian incident. Due to the emotional severity of the situation, it makes sense that you'd try to downplay it through your typical method of lightening serious situations. And, being the first time, you wouldn't know how to really deal with it. Humor, blaming the victim, justifying the action, downplaying the incident, these are all ways of making yourself feel better and, well, everybody does it.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wolfbelly>Wolfbelly</A] at: 8/3/03 4:08 pm

Return to Discussion Forum