Glasses

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Deeum

Glasses

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:01 pm

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Because I am VERY curious on this matter.

Who here wears glasses? It doesn't matter if you only wear them for reading. If you wear them at ALL, it still counts as having them.
</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm11.processVote?topicID=511.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Yes</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>No</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form>Show results</FONT> <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
S-D.Net Oekaki - Elitist Bastards
</span>
</div></p>

SALSAlys

Re: Glasses

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:05 pm

I wear glasses! Contacts, usually, but glasses still! =D

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:16 pm

I WEAR NO CORRECTIVE EYEWEAR, BECAUSE I AM BETTER THAN YOU. <p>_________________
FEEL MY WRATH!
...it's very fuzzy.

"And he made...BEAST JERKY!"
-Aku, Samurai Jack</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:22 pm

SPLEEN FAILS TO NOTICE THAT GLASSES MAKE PEOPLE SEXIER. <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
</span>
</div></p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:28 pm

Do sunglasses count? Cause those apparently make me look better, or summat :( <p>

There was a hole here once. Now it's gone.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:29 pm

Nope. :( <p>
</span>
</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:43 pm

I dunno. I think, the way I was a few months ago, I look better without glasses. But now that I have longer hair, long enough that I can pull it back, the glasses:-sexier-or-not? issue is called into question anew. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:25 pm

At one point I did, then I discovered that I can see almost as well without them as I can with them, and stopped wearing them.

Also, I am even sexier without them than I am with them. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:33 pm

then allow me to correct myself.

SOME people look better with them. <p>
</span>
</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:36 pm

You'll also note that the occurance of males who look better without glasses is higher than the than the occurance of females looking better without glasses. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

5orbus

Unread postby 5orbus » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:56 pm

I do, and if I have to take them off for too long I get a really bad headache.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:59 pm

You know, that is strangely true... But then again, I love the sight of a woman with glasses, just makes 'em look all sexy...

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:50 pm

I wear glasses. I think they make me look slightly more intellectual and shit. That, and I kinda need them. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

CaptainCommando

Glasses

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:57 pm

Ya, I wear glasses, I can't see further than an arms length away without them.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:06 pm

I wear glasses. For a while, I rarely wore them--just for distance viewing, really, like chalkboards from the back of a room. When I got my new, stronger pair, though, my optometrist told me to wear them all the time to get used to the fact that they correct slight astigmatism--and now I can't see shit without glasses beyond roughly the end of my arm.

...go figure. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:41 pm

I consider you people that can see to the end of your arm without glasses lucky.

For with my eyes, my vision's blurry when viewing ANYTHING more than EIGHT INCHES away from my face. And that's a real short distance.

Sucks, doesn't it? <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Current Quotes: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"> <br />
"Are you kidding? Good thick mane, strong shanks, white teeth, you'll be beating them off with sticks." - Dalis (WhiteWereFox)
"Video games won't breed in captivity." - KnightsofSquare
"OK, how do shadows echo, Kelne?" - Idran (Idran1701)

View my online journal here. </span></p>

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:07 pm

I wear contacts and I can see clearly maybe 6 inches or so beyond my nose without them.
<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:18 pm

My eyes can't stand having contact in them so I have to wear glasses and look like a dork. ;_; <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:23 pm

*Wears no glasses* <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:27 pm

Dude, I've seen you wear glasses like once. Maybe twice. <p>
Canada....TO THE RESCUE!</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:18 am

I'm farsighted. So I can see whats at the end of my arm. Anything closer I need to wear my glasses. Docter says to wear them when reading or doing anything upclose. much like now! :D
<p>
</span>
</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:27 am

I don't need them right now. I am, however, going in for an eye exam in about 3 weeks, so I may after that. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:41 am

The cool people are nearsighted.

I'm in Div's boat myself. Taking them off, I have to squint so bad I nearly throw my back out to make out the letters.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">*Also, Ducky can't read this*</span>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:42 am

Luckily for me, I only need my glasses to read things farther than 30 feet away. I'm hardly nearsighted at all, but I wear my glasses alot anyways, from habbit.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:58 am

I wear no glasses.

Considering my long times in front of the computer, it is amazing. But my eyes are as good as they come.

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:09 am

I've worn glasses for as long as I can remember...like, 3rd grade or close to. I need new ones now though...these are just about grabage friendly. <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>

Rhelian Alto

Unread postby Rhelian Alto » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:54 am

I wore glasses back in 2nd and 3rd grade, but my eyes "fixed" themselves somehow. In any case, I can see fine without glasses now. <p>

Time stands still for no man; seize the moment, lest you lose it forever.

- The poster formerly known as BloodStar.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:28 am

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">The cool people are nearsighted.[/quote]

;_; <p>
</span>
</div></p>

5orbus

Unread postby 5orbus » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:51 am

No DM, the blind people are nearsighted (or shortsighted in the uk), being farsighted (longsighted in the UK) is far better, I mean we can actually see past the end of our arms without wearing glasses ^_^ <p>

The standard thoughts of any Welshman:

"Rugby, Beer, Rugby, F**k the English, Rugby, Beer, Rugby, Football, Rugby, Beer, Rugby, F**k the English, Rugby, Beer, Rugby" - I think you get the picture!</p>

CronoLuminaire

Unread postby CronoLuminaire » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:42 pm

Astigmatism... very mild apparently... Sometimes I am surprised when I can read a street sign from halfway down the block... And sometimes I find it difficult to focus on a page right in front of me... while I can go without them... Everything looks that much clearer when I wear them. ( Unless my glasses are dirty... which happens alot ). And I feel that I both look and see better with them...

Also: Big Plastic frames = teh suck, wheras Wire frames = the opposite of suck. So if one thinks wearing glasses makes one a dork, one must only be familiar with the big plastic frames.

<p>
I should post more...<div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:xx-small;">Kyle: *sips Cocoa* <br />James: ::Sips Cocoa:: <br />Eve: ::Sips Cocoa:: <br /> Cocoa, Gecko-Fencers, Reploid-bishes and Epee wielding children agree, It's the best drink on Gaera!
</span>ULTIMATE ESOTERIC ELEMENTAL
(You won't know what hit you)</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:11 pm

Yeah, wireframes are nifty... ^-^

And— yeah, never thought of it before, but more girls than guys look good with glasses. O.o

...although shades increase the appeal of almost everybody, indeed.

....although then it's annoying when you can't see where they're looking, especially if you feel they're not focusing on your face. e.e

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:24 pm

i used to wear reading glasses, and i wear glasses occasionally now, because my right eye is not so good, although the left is just fine. right now i'm not wearing them, because their broken and i've been procrastinating on getting them fixed. Their very cute oval copper colored wire frames. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of icecream that no one's ever eaten before? Like chicken & telephone icecream.

Delirium, in Brief Lives[i][/i]
</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:31 pm

*Also, Ducky can't read this*

I can read that perfectly, you cock. Just like everything else on my computer screen. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:02 pm

Quote:
The cool people are naked
<p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:34 am

You said it, Rube. Now, hand me your pants, all of you. e_e <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is</span></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:26 am

But I don't have any! <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:42 am

Hence the avatar?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Squeek

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:20 pm

Yup, I wears glasses.
I cold take them off, but then I couldn't read anything this size that was more than abut eight inches away, give or take a few.

Furtunately, I feel my current pair frame my face and make me look better. And yes, wire-frames.

... Also, weren't we making Lloyd change that avatar? Or is my brain giving out after 8 hours of work and only 6 of sleep?

SorataYuy
The dark-haired miscreant

Re: Squeek

Unread postby SorataYuy » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:40 pm

I wear em, but I can see a good 10-15 feet without em, then everything past that point takes on a slightly blurry quality which I correct with squinting, and so fack up my eyes even worse without realizing it. Picture of me with em on once I shave.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=soratayuy>SorataYuy</A] at: 8/1/03 12:11 am

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Squeek

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:43 am

Personally, I think this poll could have done with a couple more options. Or at least a "sometimes" option.

Regardless, I wear glasses every waking hour. If I don't, my world is really, really fuzzy.

I wonder what farsigtedness is like? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Next

Return to Discussion Forum