What scares you?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Endesu
ラムレッダ

What scares you?

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:11 pm

In all seriousness, what truly frightens you? Have you had any traumatic memories or 'unexplainable' events happen?

As for me..
- Being buried alive scares me as a concept. The idea that you cannot breathe, at all. More often then not you're stuck there quite firmly and can't move much. This is before starvation and the bugs set in..

- One night, while I was off on my break at Checker's, I went to explore the dark little area to the east of the place. It was an abandoned movie theater lot. I had explored 'round there during the earlier days. Lots of gang spraypaint here an' there and some drug stuff, if I'm not mistaken. So I'm an idiot for even going there to begin with. But, moving on..

I spend some time walking on before I notice that a vehicle of some kind has stopped at the road leading into the parking lot. I've seen vehicles turn in to only turn back out. To change directions. This one stopped. I also stopped, and watched the vehicle. Its lights were practically pointed in my direction. .. making a decision, I slowly began to move back to Checker's. The vehicle began to move, as well, and sped towards me. I ducked into a few random trees and waited, watching the vehicle as it came closer. vehicle as it came closer. Said trees happen to be on GRASS. On the side of the road. :D

This is before it drove onto the grass after me. Holy fuck. You'd better believe I ran like there was no tomorrow. I passed by the front of a party goods shop, located just front of the abandoned lot, and checked for help inside - no one. The vehicle was still behind me. I fled for a safe spot at the side of the store and actually began to pray. This coming from an Atheist.

.. as it turns out, the story has a wacky ending, but for the love of Dr. Satan, I felt as if something worse could've come of it all.. <p>

9 days or less.. until Silent Hill 3's American release on the PS2. Boogy.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crawlingreshiki>Crawling] at: 7/28/03 11:38 pm

WhiteShadow

Re: What scares you?

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:21 pm

I'm completely with you on the "buried alive" front, but that stems from something else...

My main fear is not being able to breathe. I was a rather afflicted asthmatic as a young 'un, and hence, drowning, being buried alive, suffocating - anything that involves not being able to breathe scares me to death.

Nobody dunks me at the beach anymore due to panic attacks that lead to them getting their butts kicked! <p>-----------------------------------------------------
"To fall, to fall... Glorious!"</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:34 pm

I used to be terribly calaustrophopic (sp?), and seeing how my brothers used to put me in a sleeping bag, then closed the enterance when I was 5, it didn't really help at all.

Other than that, extreme heights. I hate looking down from a height of 4 stories or more. Big buildings are evil....>.<

5orbus

Unread postby 5orbus » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:36 pm

The sound made by rubbing your hands against a balloon, or when polystyrene (styrofoam) rubs against anything gives me the creeps!

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:40 pm

Also: Typical 'weird noises' and odd vibes come from this house quite often. Each night. I can understand a 'house settling' but how does one explain the sound of a TV echoed down the hall and into my ears, ad nauseum, despite the fact that the rest of the house is completely silent?

Also x2: Being in complete darkness. <p>

9 days or less.. until Silent Hill 3's American release on the PS2. Boogy.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crawlingreshiki>Crawling] at: 7/28/03 11:48 pm

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:51 pm

Myself, when I am around Expensive things that aren't mine. I am compelled to smash, crush, or otherwise destroy things that are meant to be left relatively untouched. I do not know why this is, but I DO know that if I find myself within 10 feet of my sister's dragon sculpture from The Franklin Mint, that I will be moving away from it.

After that, I don't know that I have any primal, absolute-terror fears. Not that I've encountered, anyway. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:05 am

Slugs.

Yeah.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:09 am

I don't think I have any deepseated primal fears... sometimes I get freaked out, but it's rare, and only if the situation seems a bit weird already.

If I were to name a specific fear, though, or horror...

It'd probably be witnessing someone slowly dying or degrading, and being unable to help. Being cut off from them.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:33 am

Heights a bit. Being alone all my life....never getting dug out of the mess that is my life currently. >.<

<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:38 am

All of reality disassociating into a static jumble. Allow me to explain.

When I was really young, like 3 or 4, I had a nightmare where I'd be watching a normal, everyday scene and then suddenly everything would just ... scramble? In the span of about three seconds, everything that I saw would just become static. And I just knew that somehow, this static was irrevocably bad.

Later on, when I was about 12 or so, I had this dream again. This time, everything had disassociated, and I was trying to restore order. I would do my best to ... flatten(?) everything out, to make it orderly, sane. However, after doing that, the entire thing would just scramble again, and nothing could get ordered.

I'm pretty sure that I had the dream a third time, I can't quite remember when, but then I started getting that panicked feeling of scrambled reality while awake. It's really difficult to explain, but I'd say it would be like watching a weatherman give the dullest, most boring delivery of todays average weather, and sensing/hearing/feeling a hidden shout of primal fear beneath his voice. As if despair, rage, insanity and excitement were all rolled into one echoing howl of fright.

Aside from that, nah ... not too much scares me. Except for intimate commitment of course, that scares the SHIT out of me. <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

Dalin Rifthome

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:42 am

Burning alive. <p>------------------
"There is nothin' as sure in the world as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves."
- Old Dwarf Saying
</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:39 am

Well I'm house sitting for my mother and the other night a random thought popped into my head "You know, if I died here. No one would know for like a week and a half"

Yeah, not the best thing to think when you're trying to sleep. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:51 am

Well what scares me the most?

Spiders.
I'm deathly afraid of any spider bigger then a quarter.. >_<
its stupid I know, but I just can't stand it.. <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
S-D.Net Oekaki - Elitist Bastards
</span>
</div></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:19 am

What scares me the most? I'd have to say... when I'm on a crazy, haphazard snowmobile ride through the most pristine, untouched lands of my great country; suddenly and unexpectedly, the snowmobile falls off an unseen cliff and into a shallow snowdrift. The vehicle lands on top of me, pinning my crushed and wounded body against the broken ice.

At night, the ice weasles come. <p>---
These powerful ships have a tremendous range of fire. Their cannons do enormous amounts of damage to other naval units.</p>

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:33 am

I used to hear the same 3 different sounds every night until I was 5. I don't know what the noises were, but they would always repeat themselves over and over and over again. I mean, it was probably just someone having sex, but these weren't sexy sounds. x.x;

I get the whole "EVIL HOUSE" vibes sometimes.

I'm also unintentionally paranoid about ANYONE who mentions being a dom in BDSM sitautions. I won't expunge on that anymore. <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ajil6>Ajil6</A] at: 7/29/03 2:35 am

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:45 am

I FUCKING HATE CLOWNS.

AND THE FUCKING UNDEAD.

AND FUCKING UNDEAD CLOWNS.

GOD, I SHOULD REWORD THAT. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:21 am

I fought an undead slug today.

Dont ask.

At last I won, without saltmoding.

PriamNevhausten

Re: ...

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:34 am

Priam's Father: *scares Shini the fuck to death with his clown-ism* <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Rhelian Alto

Unread postby Rhelian Alto » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:49 am

Clowns unnerve me, but they don't particulalry terrify me as much as I like to say. I hate heights, but I love flying in airplanes and climbing. Can't stand roller coasters. I used to hate the dark, but now I'm quite fond of nightime.

I think I'm most afraid of losing what I hold dear, and perhaps I'm afraid of my own feelings, too. <p>

Time stands still for no man; seize the moment, lest you lose it forever.

- The poster formerly known as BloodStar.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:08 am

Could someone describe to me why clowns are frightening? I, for the life of me, can't understand this at ALL. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:18 am

You don't find clowns frightening? They're just plain creepy, I can't really explain it.

Pretty much what scares me is suffocation, burning to death, and heights. <p>

Clothes do make the man. As naked people have little or no influence in society.- Mark Twain.

Nice donkey punch Cornflake, but I am not like the other boys you usually truck with, as they are gay, and I usually am not! -Kevin, ButtlordGT
</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:56 am

I'm horribly horribly afraid of spiders. And being alone in thunderstorms, especially at night. Thunderstorms scare the holy hell out of me. I used to be mildly claustrophobic, but not so much anymore. Although elevators still bug me. Especially full elevators. Want to unnerve me? Jump in an elevator. 9_9 mm.......that's it. <p>
Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of icecream that no one's ever eaten before? Like chicken & telephone icecream.

Delirium, in Brief Lives[i][/i]
</div></p>

Dalin Rifthome

O_o?

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:13 pm

I just wonder why people are afraid of stuff that cant hurt you. Thats how I look at what Im afraid of. Can this hurt me? No? Then WHY THE FUCK AM I AFRAID?! Can THIS hurt me? Hellz yeah. Well no wonder Im fucking afraid. Just look at what your afraid of, and ask yourself exactly WHY your afraid.

And I really, REALLY find it hard to belive clowns are creepy as they are ment to be the EXACT opposite. Now if you will excuse me. Im 2 hours late for work. And I must run my ass off to get there. ^_^ toodles! <p>------------------
"There is nothin' as sure in the world as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves."
- Old Dwarf Saying
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:17 pm

Fear can often have to do with movies, especially if seen at a young age. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (great movie, by the way) and It are both frightening to a little kid, and these movies in particular make clowns a pretty scary sight or thought.

Also: 'Evil house' vibe and sounds. No, it won't necessarily hurt you, per se, but there could be something behind it that could hurt you. You may not believe in ghosts, Dalin, but I do, sorta, and these kind of things scare me the fuck up at times. <p>

There was a hole here once. Now it's gone.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:31 pm

Upon further meditation, I recall that I am horribly fearful of any winged insect which stings or bites in a painful fashion. Bees, wasps, hornets, that sort of thing. Lately, though, I've been able to use this Fear to my advantage, though--the paranoia it invokes in me allows me to observe the things at a distance, and thus point out nest locations to someone who is more prepared to douse the things in insect-killer stuff. Additionally, my aim with hitting the bugs out of midair with weapons like chessbags and dinner menus has improved greatly. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Teh Jade Dragon

Unread postby Teh Jade Dragon » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:40 pm

The whole idea of enslavement scares the fuck out of me. I have occassional nightmares where I lose my freedom, and it sucks. Bad.

The two more mundane fears I have are a fear of falling, and a fear of submerging my entire head under water. With concerted effort, I can keep those two under control now.

-Dia- <p>
Please note: No fighting in the inn, upon penalty of death.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Also, No Unnecessary Use of Magic, No Sleeping in the Bar, No Nudity, No Sex on the Main Floor, No Prostitution, No Feeding on Other Patrons, No Soul-Stealing, and No Bribing the Employees.</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tehjadedragon@rpgww60462>Teh]&nbsp; Image at: 7/29/03 5:41 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:05 pm

Hopping squared curbs on my bike.

Chalk it up to a childhood trauma involving said curbs and loneliness.

Eh. I'm just lucky my main fear is so dang easy to phigger out... <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"</p>

Dalin Rifthome

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:00 pm

Bugs I understand. Bugs with stingyness or hurtyness falls under my PAIN catageory. And yeah ok, I can also see the "See scary movie tramatized my ass" theroy too, but heres something for you to concider, I watched Starship Troopers when it first came out on video, I couldent have been more then 7 or so, do you people know how FUCKING, not tramatized, but damned close enough I was AFTER watching that AND A american werewolf in paris? And yes. That WAS in the same night. Im not raging on ANYONE. I have unrationilized fears too.

Heres my gh3y fear.

Eg: Cliff diving, I cant help but see myself laying at the bottom of the cliff, teeth smashed in, face crushed, brain matter oozing, blood spi.... you get the idea. Any thing like that, even a little bit of a risk where I can get majorly hurt, frightens the fuck out of me. ANYTHING.

MY Car door HAS to be locked at ALL time when Im in it. Or I freak. Thanks to my grandpas stories of how people in citys w/o their doors locked get mugged and killed while waiting for the red light to change green.

It KINDA just seems to me like most of the fears that I AS A PERSON have, are justified. <p>------------------
- Old Dwarf Saying
</p>

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:01 pm

Priam: 4 Words: Rent Stephen King's IT

(then you will see the creepyness of clowns)
<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:16 pm

It's funny. Most of the things that scare other people, like spiders, thunderstorms, snakes, clowns, etc., my reaction to is, "WHEE COOL WHERE?"

This extends itself to dancing in the rain during thunderstorms, seeking out big hairy cool spiders, making taco salad during a tornado warning, and feeling a sense of inherent joy and rapture when I can't see my hand in front of my face.

Other than that, I have this fear of having my soul eaten. Don't ask why.

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:45 pm

Ok.. Rollercoasters that have a drop with an incline of 80 degrees or more freak me out and ruin the rest of the coaster for me. I used to be afraid of tornadoes but then a tornado hit my house and now im not afraid anymore... Don't ask about why.
Also I am afraid of car crashes. Every time I see someone almost hit our car when they pass a red light I think we will crash. The cause of this fear is because of my car accident when I was five. <p>

ImageI am the last Phoenix...And I will let nothing get in the way of my vengeance!
Official Slapbitch reporting for booty... I mean duty. *Gets slapped*</p>

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:24 am

Ph34r...well, I guess I'm afraid of blood. Not because of the AIDs thing, or bad ickys like that, more like, OMG I'm bleeding, loss of blood = X.X (deth). I'm okay with movie blood, but if I cut myself, or I see someone do it, I freak out.

And the creepy creaking noises houses make at night. I have a reason behind that though, when I was 4, a guy broke into my house and I just happened to be sleeping on the couch. Granted, he was my brother's friend, he still scared the living shite out of me.

There's also the grossness of grocery stores. I mean, how often do you come along a pig head in the meat display? Once, and now I'm terrorfied of pigs. I couldn't sleepfor a week after that, and I still have nightmares over it sometimes...*shudder* <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:22 pm

Let's see...fears, yes...

Well, I'm acrophobic. I hate heights, but more specifically, I hate falling, and the possibility thereof. I've slowly been overcoming this fear, but I'm never entirely relaxed when I'm up high.

Also, I'm terrified of boats and deep water. The thought of the boat sinking and myself drowning just scares the fuck out of me. I avoid boats if at all possible, and use them only if necessary.

I fear jellyfish, due to an incident several years ago where I was "attacked" by a Portugese Man-O-War.

Of course, there's the ever-present fears of dying alone, blood, and the unknown. <p>
Dragons own you. Don't even waste your time trying to argue.

"Why the hell are goons with swords so rare these days?" - Jak Snide</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:22 pm

strangly enough, when i feel myself falling, the first thing that runs through my mind is my teeth. Everytime i fall, i worry about knocking out my teeth. o.O Something about losing them or breaking them freaks the crap out of me. That's why the book "Tommyknockers" actually unnerved me, is because of the nightmares about losing teeth, and then they begin to slowly fall out. *Shrugs* <p>
Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of icecream that no one's ever eaten before? Like chicken & telephone icecream.

Delirium, in Brief Lives[i][/i]
</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:32 pm

Hm. I can understand the fear of blood, sorta, but for me it's kind of odd. I used to think I was afraid of blood, when I was a kid, but then I reached middleschool and I started getting more active, and thus more accident-prone, as a lot of the stuff I was doing meant I could get easily bruised/scraped/scratched whatever. Some of the stuff was pretty bad, and I still have scars on my elbows or knees from it. But after the first accident, I discovered it wasn't really that bad. Not that I'd go out of my way to do it, but if I'm hurt, or a friend is or something, I'm not going to freak out at the blood; I'd just get a bandage and clean it up.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:18 am

Hm, my fears, in no particular order...

1: Being rejected and hated by the people I care about. (as for everyone else, they can go fuck themselves! :D)
2: Being weak.
3: Confrontation
4: Insanity, becoming insane, and losing control of my emotions. I also had a big fear of hurting people, but I'm not too worried about that now (for the most part, anyways).
5: Not escaping my family in time. Long story short: My family is a bunch of assholes. Ironically enough, despite the last fear on my list, I'm the only sane one. Sure, I'm eccentric and weird, but at least I know how to keep fucking calm when I'm upset. Basically, I want to move out before I become too much like them (ie: very bitter and very selfish). Hell, if it weren't for my friends in Georgia, I would've gone on a Greyhound and moved in with my relatives in California.

So...yeah. Also: I hate ticks with a firey passion of...well, tick hating passion. Except for the Tick, of course. The Big Blue Guy is awesome. I also despise other parasites (like lice for example).

Spiders are pretty nifty, though. They're the best arachnids ever!

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:24 am

Ooh! Needles!

More specifically, hypodermic needles. A short anecdote is in order.

During a summer camp creek-canoeing experience, a dog was on the side of the water, 'trapped' between the creek and a 6-foot-ish precipice. I, being a sucker for animals, decided I'd try to help the poor thing. I went to try to pick this dog (a black lab, mind you) up, and I brushed against a bare spot against its leg, and it didn't like that very much. I got bit at the base of my thumb.

This dog, I now realized, had no collar.

That day, I told my father about this, and he said that I'd better get vaccinated for rabies, STAT. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd heard all sorts of nightmarish horror stories about rabies treatments. Shots into the stomach, ten at a time, that kind of thing. Even when a friend (who happened to be my canoemate) told me that when he got vaccinated, it was only a shot in his shoulder, a shot in the wound, and a shot in the arm, I was still petrified. I was DEBATING whether I should A) Risk death by rabies-related unquenchable thirst, or B) get four shots in one day. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:03 pm

I must say, I share Priam's general distaste for insects wich "sting or bite in a painful fashion". They're stealthy like ninja, those bastards. One minute you're you're driving down the highway with your windows open, and three hours later you get into your car to go somewhere and BAM!! Wasp. Sneaky bastard. And of course, like the puss I am, I opened all the doors and kinda shook the car to try and get the bastard to leave. Eventually I had to get my ice scraper in a wussy attempt to kill the thing. I was ten minutes late to where I was going.

Also, while I have a healthy respect for spiders (spiders are fucking awesome!), they also tend to scare the crap out of me in larger sizes.

One last thing. I used to be afraid that if I died, noone I know online would ever know about it. I'd just stop showing up and they'd be curious. Fortunately, with the close ties and RL relationships at RPGWW, it's not really an issue anymore, but there's still some people I talk to that would be out of the loop. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Fears, ono...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:39 pm

Actually, I find clowns somewhat creepy without having seen or read any horror genre about them. Why? Because they have a painted smile or frown - but you just know that if the clown was allowed to, he'd be feeling something else other than the one emotion. Perhaps even the desire to hack you into pieces.

I'm somewhat claustrophobic, though it doesn't often come up. It usually plays up in department stores, while I'm surrounded by tall shelves. Don't ask me why.

I don't like heights either, really, but it's wierd - smaller heights (still large enough to be hazardous to my health) usually scare me more than larger ones. Usually. Possibly because there's more chance of surviving a smaller height, but still the risk of being crippled or something by the impact... This is why I grow steadily more agitated and nervous as I go up an escalator.

Horses. I dislike getting close to horses, because they seem friendly, but you never know when they'll mistake your hand for a giant oat or sugar lump. There's a little more to this fear, but I won't go into it.

Department Stores. Gods I hate and fear department stores. Related in part to the claustrophobia mentioned above, in part to bad memories that occured in department stores, in part to a hatred of their impersonal nature. In my English GCSE I was asked to write about something I hate. I wrote 4 or 5 pages about department stores, and I could have written more.

...er, that seems like quite enough irrational fears to be going on with.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=blazeyamatospirit>Blaze]&nbsp; Image at: 8/2/03 12:22 pm

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: Fears, ono...

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:30 pm

Well, I have to say my foremost fear is of heights. Seriously, you won't even see me climbing a ladder. I grip the banisters quite tightly whenever I'm above the first floor of a building. And if there are no banisters, I stay as close to the wall as possible, in some sort of vain hope that if the floor collapses or something, the wall will save me.

Other than that...killing someone. I don't think I ever will, and I pray that I won't, but when someone says 'I'll kill you!' even jokingly, it makes me wince. I dislike the concept of poeple thinking they have a right to take other people's lives. <p>
<span style="font-size:x-small;">
Your eyes allow you to look out to the world, but they also allow the world to look into you.
</span></p>

Next

Return to Discussion Forum