YOU'RE WEIRD.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

YOU'RE WEIRD.

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:37 am

But how?

I collect dice. DICE, of all things.

What strange obsessions/collections/compulsions do YOU have? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: YOU'RE WEIRD.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:39 am

>_>;;; i have two large tubs of shoes. and one hangy thing. i'd guess forty pairs.

..........and i have over two hundred bracets. everything from little elastic beaded numbers to pounded silver nice ones, or custom made gold bracelets. o_o;;;;;;

i also horde pineapple things. but it's no where as scary as my shoe/bracelet collection. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of icecream that no one's ever eaten before? Like chicken & telephone icecream.

Delirium, in Brief Lives[i][/i]
</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:39 am

I have to crack a joint at least once an hour or I won't feel right! :D! <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

RagingLeprechuan

Unread postby RagingLeprechuan » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:49 am

We all already know mine.......I'm such a freak. *Runs off* <p>May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills of Damnation that the Lord himself can't find you with a telescope. - Irish Curse</p>

CaptainCommando

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:36 am

...I collect anything. I'm very packrat. Cards, stamps, lawn furniture. My friend just gave me an old bicycle, which means I now have about five behind my house. <p>

Clothes do make the man. As naked people have little or no influence in society.- Mark Twain.

Nice donkey punch Cornflake, but I am not like the other boys you usually truck with, as they are gay, and I usually am not! -Kevin, ButtlordGT
</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:46 am

Welp, I'm working on my drawing more, and collection anime posters/scrolls, so... currently, I'm working on covering all the walls of my room completely! And then the ceiling!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:22 am

I always have to have rum in my room. Even if I don't touch it for weeks, it has to be there.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:15 pm

I collect hematite. However, I have only one bagfull of it right now...

Also, I have 2 full bookshelves of books, most of which I never read.

I sleep with a pillow between my knees, because otherwise my knees hurt in the morning.

And I am a consummate packrat. I find it difficult to throw anything away. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:50 pm

I collect dragon figurines. I have about 300, give or take a few, right now. I also have a metric assload of plushies, most from my childhood, that I can't bear to give away. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 7/25/03 12:50 pm

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:57 pm

I seem to have started a collection of interesting soda bottles. I've got six of them in my room right now: A bottle of import melon Ramune, a bottle of domestic Ramune, three varying sized bottles of various Jones Soda flavors, and a bottle of Tomas Kemper "vanilla cream" soda.

They're all empty of course. Although I haven't cleaned them out yet. Maybe I should do that sometime. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:17 pm

I refuse to throw out boxes. I have boxes of old PC games, old console games, and even boxes from systems. I might get rid of them, though. Ever since that X-Box box sold for 350...

Rainbow Fright

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:27 pm

I've got a sizable collection of unicorn figurines from when I was but a wee worm-child. Seriously, I do. Even if I cringe now every time I see those things staring at me from the china cabinet and I haven't acquired a new one in years, I still have them.

More recently I've taken to hoarding J-Rock related stuff. Like this surprises ANYONE. I've got 157 mp3's on my comp, and only ONE of them is not J-Rock. I've got god only knows how many J-Rock pics on my hard drive. My desktop wallpaper's of Kyo from Dir en Grey. My "Kisou" CD finally came, and it's my most treasured possession. I HAVE A HIDE PLUSHIE.

I'm *really* quite sad. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
As I'm steppin' into heaven
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection
As I'm steppin' into heaven"
- Zilch,"Into Heaven"</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rainbowfright>Rainbow]&nbsp; Image at: 7/25/03 2:30 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:43 pm

Like Adam, I can bring myself to part with the boxes for just about anything.

Also: Transformers. If it has to do with Transformers, I collect it. Not just the toys. I have Transformers: The Movie on the original VHS, rereleased VHS, and on DVD. I have every series on DVD as far as it's been released, and half the the Japanese series on VCD. I have the soundtrack for the movie on vinyl.

Transformers are keen. :D <p>
I AM A CHEF. MY MISSION IS TO COOK FOOD.

That was a recipe for kicking your ass!</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:38 pm

I will own every System of a Down CD and Poster in the world. There's one at HMV that I don't have, and I want to buy it so baddly, but a lack of bling bling prevents me.

Also, unmatching socks. Never wear a pair of matching socks.

Then they're my jacket, but we'll get into that another time. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:51 pm

I used to have 'plans' to fulfill an obsession with the M:TG card "Vesuvan Doppelganger." Every edition, every language, as many copies as I could get my card-protective-sleeves on.

Of course, with me being sixteen and having very little money, and Vesuvan Doppelgangers running about $20 (and that's in the most recent printing), that obsession was quelled after a few years.

Still fucking love the card, its art, and everything about it, though. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:03 pm

I put hot sauce on almost literally everything I eat, or used to. I do it less nowadays, but I'm almost as compulsive with it--pretty much anything you might put ketchup on, I use hot sauce instead, and there are some other things that I find it goes well with too. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:35 pm

I cook like a freak, I add food coloring to EVERYTHING! I made mac and cheese one night, and I added green food coloring to it. It looked funky but it was yummy ^.^

and like so many other people here, I too am a packrat. I've found things that even I don't know what they are... <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:26 pm

I post here on a regular basis.

Edit: I supose I should also mention that I created a message board which only serves the purpose of <s>stroking my own dick</s> making fun of stupid people. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=superrube>SuperRube</A] at: 7/25/03 11:44 pm

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:25 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's weird about me.

I mean, it's pretty obvious.

I can recite the alphabet backwards and I have a very strong negative reaction to sounds like hands rubbing a balloon or anything scraping against styrofoam.

-White Knight <p>

Behold! Sig figs!</p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:32 pm

I have a strange compulsion to put things into an order, when disorganized... like seperating cards from CCGs into alphabetical order....

WhiteShadow

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:38 pm

Much like Jak, there needs to be beer in the house at all times, even if I don't even look at it till the weekend. Much the same with coke, but I drink that almost every day. I'm a beverage boy. <p>-----------------------------------------------------
"To fall, to fall... Glorious!"</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:46 pm

I have a weakness for cute things. Wai cartoons, plushies, all that jazz. It's hard for me to rip open a package with a cute cartoon character on it; I always feel guilty about it.

AnronTagutsi1987

Unread postby AnronTagutsi1987 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:43 am

I collect sunglasses... All colors, styles, I have a whole crapload of them right now. I also collect ticket stubs from movies I've been too...I have something like 30 of them right now. <p>Image

</p>

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:47 am

Froggy stuff....If it's frog related (and tasteful....) I collect it.

<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Ghastly Knight

Unread postby Ghastly Knight » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:52 am

I collect bottles as well, mostly drinks I can only get in other contries/bottles in other languages and such. I am also one of the people who NEVER throws away boxes... I had a NES box back when I had my NES and I seem to always save the boxes to games. I tend to collect electronics as well, working or not, old or new. I have a damned old transister radio that my grandmother didn't want anymore, an old CD player, countless headphones that don't work, fuses out of electronic devices, computer chips, all kinds of shit, and I tend to take apart a lot of these things, to see the inner workings and such. And I have a traffic cone in my room, and I hope to find a few more in the near future, maybe a barracade too. I collect marbles as well, and coins and old junk. (see: Pipes, bars, metal stuff, etc...) 'Course... I use things like that in some sculptures... found objects can work wonders and are indeed an interesting medium. <p>
Quoth the Magus...
"The Black Wind begins to blow... Okay... Give me your best shot... If You're Prepared For The VOID!"
"Fool... Nothing lasts forever"</p>

Kakita Ki

Unread postby Kakita Ki » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:14 am

I`m a organizer cleaner. Everything has it`s own place and it sure as hell better stay there. This goes double for online bookmarks. I also having cleaning 'moods' where I get the sudden urge to clean and organize the room I`m in. Then my brother messes it all up.
I`m starting to collect little dragon/lizard/frog figures from a store in the mall. <p>
Sig coming kinda soon...<span style="font-size:xx-small;">never</span>
</p>

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:37 am

as Pervy said, I have an extreme weakness for all that is cute and fuzzy. As for other things, I collect swords and gemstones! :D!

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:16 am

- I deviate between clean freak/messy freak without warning. My room shows this, often

- I'll buy something and not look at or even touch it for weeks/months on end at times

- I find that Ice T's voice has a delightful dialect to it <p>

9 days or less.. until Silent Hill 3's American release on the PS2. Boogy.</p>

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:05 am

I'm also a packrack. If I see anything that remotely catches my eye, I put it in a pocket. >.> I take home more garbage than a sanitation commisioner.

Whenver I use the bathroom or bathe or am any sort of naked (without a shirt, etc) any picture with eyes, or anything with eyes and a face on it is turned around and covered up so it can't see me. >.>

I have more quirks too. But lets save those for a rainy day. <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

5orbus

Unread postby 5orbus » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:04 am

Whenever I watch a rugby match, I have to have a pint or two, I have tried to go without, but the urge always overpowers me.

Also as White Knight said, I shudder horribly when I hear sounds like hands rubbing a balloon or anything scraping against polystyrene, and even thinking about it makes my hairs stand on end.

Whenever I go to Jak's there must be beer, cider or rum in the house, even if we don't drink it.

And finally whenever I go to bed, I always end up watching a film or something on my computer while I lie in bed.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:35 pm

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">Whenver I use the bathroom or bathe or am any sort of naked (without a shirt, etc) any picture with eyes, or anything with eyes and a face on it is turned around and covered up so it can't see me.[/quote]

Wow, I like that one! <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:04 pm

I'm weird. :D <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

Teh Jade Dragon

Unread postby Teh Jade Dragon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:04 am

I'm a building. <p>
Please note: No fighting in the inn, upon penalty of death.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Also, No Unnecessary Use of Magic, No Sleeping in the Bar, No Nudity, No Sex on the Main Floor, No Prostitution, No Feeding on Other Patrons, No Soul-Stealing, and No Bribing the Employees.</span></p>

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:51 am

Well thats your own damn fault. >: <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:59 am

Ajil has no respect for construction workers. That's weird. I suppose. <p>

9 days or less.. until Silent Hill 3's American release on the PS2. Boogy.</p>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:06 pm

I'm wierd. Yes, I am very wierd. However, I'm wierd in a different way. See, I do things just to be wierd. And they usually come spontaneously.

Like the time where I wondered how peppered Vanilla Ice-Cream would taste, and actually peppered my Vanilla Ice-Cream. I still think it tastes good.

... Oh, and sometimes I eat onions. Whole raw onions. And I like collecting weapons. I want my Poleaxe dammit.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:22 pm

I like eatting raw onions aswell!
mmm tasty. >_> <_<

And the whole "I think the posters are looking at me" use to effect me alot. XD When i was 12 I use to have some Poster with Billy Ray Cirus(don't ask.. i was 12, ok?). I use to cover his eyes when i changed my close XD;;; <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
S-D.Net Oekaki - Elitist Bastards
</span>
</div></p>

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:59 pm

Billy Ray Cirus: *Sitting by his phone, hoping that DM will finally call him*

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:08 pm

How I'm weird? Well...

Being a less dedicated furry, I have a severly negative reaction (compared to what would be reasonable) to art depicting them in a twisted/needlessly gory and/or death oriented manner. This caused me to stop reading "The Suburban Jungle" Several times, due to that fact that they ate eachother in the streets and thought nothing of it.

After that... This may or may not classify as weird. I am never satisfied with my characters, or not for long. Regardless of what they do, I always feel their personality is rotitng away and they all become the same person in a different package. Whee. >.>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:20 pm

Okay, I'm going to admit it.

I have the same weakness that Pervy and Reako have. However, mine is specifically directed at plushies, as opposed to all cute things.

As for other weird things, I'm an absolute FANATIC of pen-and-paper roleplaying games (D&D for example). Though I haven't tried to play all of them, I collect all I can regarding them. (Not the books based on them, though, as I'm not into that.) On a related note, my mind has a big tendency to come up with weird character ideas that I feel I HAVE to RP at some point. That's how a lot of my characters on RPGWW actually got their start - as whimsical ideas in my head. (Explains why I have so many, too.)

Also, if I hear something incorrect, I have an ANNOYING tendency to try and correct it. Not quite perfectionism, though. I don't do this in chat because I am better able to ignore written things than spoken things.

.........and that's about all I can think of right now. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Current Quotes: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"> <br />
"Are you kidding? Good thick mane, strong shanks, white teeth, you'll be beating them off with sticks." - Dalis (WhiteWereFox)
"Video games won't breed in captivity." - KnightsofSquare
"OK, how do shadows echo, Kelne?" - Idran (Idran1701)

View my online journal here. </span></p>

Next

Return to Discussion Forum