RPGWW Personals...you knew it was comming...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Kuro Kodomo

RPGWW Personals...you knew it was comming...

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:04 am

Yeah I know, we had something similar to this a while back, but...now that we have the whole "what each sex sees in the other/what you want in the opposite sex" threads and what not, I thought that this would be a nice additon. If you want, go ahead and list the following...:

Name (this is optional):
Hair color and 'style':
Eye color:
Petpeeves:
Generalized Area in which you live (if US, give state, other contry,give the name, again, optional):
Anything else?:

<span style="font-size:medium;">This is all so beyond optional.</span> <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kurokodomo>Kuro]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/03 12:43 am

pd Rydia

Re: RPGWW Personals...you knew it was comming...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:06 am

Wow.

I really, really do not think this is a great idea. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>

Kuro Kodomo

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:15 am

Here's mine... ^.^

Female or Male: Female
Name (this is optional): Amanda
Hair color and 'style': Black Cherry red and just below my chin
Eye color:Hazel, hidden behind my glasses
Likes: I love anime, participating in RP's online, trying new things, chatting with people, making new friends, drawing, reading fiction and fantasy, Playing video games, writing, and music, JtHM...it's funny as hell.
Dislikes: Overly stupid people...they're annoying. Anything "too" cute, and american pop music...it's scary.
Petpeeves: people who stare.
Generalized Area in which you live (if US, give state, other contry,give the name, again, optional): Northern Illinois, bout an hour from Chicago
Anything else?: Um...I can't think of anymore stuff to put here...but I'll answer questions. ^.~ <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>

RagingLeprechuan

Unread postby RagingLeprechuan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:20 am

Female or Male:Male
Name (this is optional):Christopher Hayden
Hair color and 'style':Dark Blonde, short sometimes spiked
Eye color:Blueish green
Likes:Things involving various cultures, writing, poetry, expression, reading, games of all kinds(Computer, board, video, and Rps of course!).
Dislikes:Intolerant and uncompasionate people.
Petpeeves:None
Generalized Area in which you live (if US, give state, other contry,give the name, again, optional):Folsom, California(its by Sacromento)
Anything else?:Not that I can think of.

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:26 am

...so, naturally, people post right to it without so much as a second thought. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

Arisa

I agree with Dia

Unread postby Arisa » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:29 am

I agree with Dia, you never know if some weird pervert dude that's not registered is looking at all this. Also considering that this is personal info, no matter how little it is, it's still enough for some pervert to go out looking for you, and then when you don't know it, you're taken away from everything you know. Everyone that you love will be gone and stuff. This is a super bad idea, I really don't like it. Image I'm serious about all that stuff, it doesn't matter how big or small the info, you can dissapear in a heart beat, if you're not careful, I promise you that.

Ganonfro

Re: I agree with Dia

Unread postby Ganonfro » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:35 am

*Totally doesn't stalk people, honest*

Edited from origanal content

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ganonfro@rpgww60462>Ganonfro</A] at: 7/26/03 12:38 am

Kuro Kodomo

Twas Optional

Unread postby Kuro Kodomo » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:40 am

I know that there are people out there that can do freaky things like that, but I did say "if you want". No demands were made, and well, the AOL personals ask you the same questions and so do the profiles. Someone somewhere out there in the world with access to the net can see everyone's personal info. It was only a suggestion, if you don't want to put anything down, you don't have too.

And in my mind, everyone out there is a "weird pervert dude" untill proven otherwise.

Sorry if I offened anyone. Image <p>Who appointed you Jello sheriff of the house?-Mort Castle</p>

AnronTagutsi1987

Re: Twas Optional

Unread postby AnronTagutsi1987 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:32 am

I got nuffin to hide...cept this..* pushes object under bed*

Female or Male:Male
Name (this is optional): Chris G
Hair color and 'style':Dirty Blonde, Mid length, just above my eyes..its reaaly wavy too.
Eye color: Green
Likes:RPing, reading, drawing(I really suck though), writing(poetry mostly), hiking
Dislikes: Olives, Televangelists, assholiness, people who think everyone should bow before them, intolerant people
Petpeeves: -none really-
Generalized Area in which you live (if US, give state, other contry,give the name, again, optional): Pennsylvania
Anything else?: I like pie.Image
<p>Image

</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=anrontagutsi1987>AnronTagutsi1987</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/03 1:35 am

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:43 am

Hmm, if you really want to know ...

www.lavalife.com

Search up CARTOONY_MINDSET under relationships. <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

Rainbow Fright

Unread postby Rainbow Fright » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:26 am

Feh. This whole thing reeks of desperation. And as usual, I laugh at such a horrid idea. Maybe it should be locked/deleted/something else? Before the stupidity goes TOO far?

With that said, I shall now take my leave of the thread. Buh-bye. <p><div style="text-align:center">"Hey mother look at me,
I made my connection
As I'm steppin' into heaven
Hey, don't you pity me
I'll put on perfection
As I'm steppin' into heaven"
- Zilch,"Into Heaven"</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rainbowfright>Rainbow]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/03 11:27 am

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:45 am

Female or Male: Male
Name (this is optional): Big Bob
Hair color and 'style': Long flowing golden locks you can run ya pretty fingers through darline
Eye color: Blue
Dislikes: Being accused of being older, I ain't no facking lyer
Petpeeves: People who are afraid to cry, I like people in touch of there emotions. I likes tears
Generalized Area in which you live (if US, give state, other contry,give the name, again, optional): I'm from all over
Anything else?: I just want to meet up with you and have a good time. Lets not tell our parents when we hook up so it can be our secret okay?

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/03 11:47 am

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:03 pm

If this was the spam forum, I would totally follow suit with Cho. 'cause otherwise, its just a bad idea. I mean, personals, ironically, are very impersonal. There's just something inherently wrong about advertising yourself. Besides, there's lots of groovy people at RPGWW, and if you're really interested, it's easy enough to just hook up via AIM or email or something.

Also, just as I predicted, RL replied to this within the first five posts with the first "ad" not by the original topic poster. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

RagingLeprechuan

Unread postby RagingLeprechuan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:28 pm

Hey.....whats that supose to mean? <p>May the curse of Mary Malone and her nine blind illegitimate children chase you so far over the hills of Damnation that the Lord himself can't find you with a telescope. - Irish Curse</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:20 pm

Hi. Nothing "personal" (HAR HAR PUNS ARE FUNNY!), but this is an awful idea. RPGWW is not a dating service. If for some reason you want to get to know your fellow RPGWWers better in that manner, do so over IM. While RPGWW has spawned relationships between people, trying to force it is not only a bad idea, it's not what RPGWW is all about.

This thread is getting shut down now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you, and have a nice day. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Return to Discussion Forum