The Supernatural

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

The Supernatural

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:50 am

I never would have believed this before about a week ago, but here I am, having just had a discussion about the supernatural with some friends. I think perhaps everyone has some tie to something outside of normal perception.

My father has demonstrated, if long ago, some erratic precognitive abilities.

My sister's tarot deck "speaks to her." (I don't know exactly how literal this is.)

I hold conversations with the Wind.

My friend James sees, speaks to, and deals with Faeries.

My friend Emily watches and deals with Demons, and Angels on occasion.

My friend Tommy has spirits all around him all the damn time...perceptible by Emily and James, by the way.

How have you encountered the supernatural? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"When I started training in Gung Fu, a punch was just a punch, and a kick was just a kick. After training for a few years, a punch was much more than a punch and a kick was more than just a kick. Now that I have trained a long time, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."
-Bruce Lee, "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do"</span></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: The Supernatural

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:11 am

I've seen the first displayed in my neice(who's already very intelegent).

I beleive very firmly in ghosts(I personally beleive I've seen one or two)- And yes, they scare the bajesus out of me just like any other undead.

More to come as I remember it. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:25 am

The reason they scare you is because they intend to purge the living from the face of this world.

As for the supernatural, I can't recall any significant event. Maybe when I've gotten some sleep I'll remember something.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:54 am

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me that ghosts exist, although I don't believe I've ever encountered one. Actually, the closest thing I've ever had to any sort of supernatural thing would be a little bit ot dream > real life deja vu. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:38 pm

*rubs his eyes and peers over his glasses* Nothing personal, Priam, but...how often do these friends of yours take drugs? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:47 pm

My mother claims to have precognitive abilites, and she said that she has made two hurricanes miss our city.

My sister says she sees ghosts, but her ability stopped a couple months before her fall and subseqent headache revealed a growth in her head.

Coincidence? I think so! <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

Choark

Cause every board needs one

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:56 pm

And I am of the people who just doesn't believe in any of this at all, so it may not be calling you liars, but mispresented the experience you went through in ya own head.

Tarot Cards are so bloody vauge you can put there sayings to almost anything that happened, through a single day, or a week. I hold no stock with fortune telling.

Ghosts just aren't real, people either want to see, see something a little odd and just believe its a ghost, or out right lie.

Guy tells me he had a full blown conversation with the wind, i either think he's taken drugs, he didn't see the guy hiding behind whatever, is a facking loon, or is lying, or thinks something going "whoosh" through the tree's is the sound of someone talking to them.

Guy who believes in fairies, has to cut down on mind bending substances, is under 12 years of age, or, again, lying. Same goes for demons, Angels, singing alien races, and having a dance party with dead presidents and singers (the dead ones).

Spirits, much like ghosts, i have no belief in either. And yeah, I'd believe I'm either talking to a nut, talking to someone very lonely, or being completely lied to, again, if some guy told me he had them floating around him all the time.

And so on.

Basically: Its not more of "believe they aren't real" I'm just one of those people that has something inside him that "Knows they aren't real". Which means I don't even give a ghost story a thought of actually being a real ghost, though doesn't stop some of the stories being kinda true - depending - you know like someone going mad and stuff.

Course this maybe because I don't believe in anything like souls, Gods and suchlike either. Again, despite I have no proof, theres just something inside me that "knows" none of its true rather then just being a belief. So I can't believe even when I really want to. Just like some people would swear down they "know" there is something more.

I shall now go and reread this post later when my eyes aren't bleeding and I've actually had sleep.

Wolfbelly

Re: Cause every board needs one

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:57 pm

I agree with Cho. Because I, too, know that whales are not real. I've never seen a whale, and anybody who claims to have seen whales are either lying, crazy, or a little to influenced by "Ocean phenomena."

Whales. Pshaw. <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:12 pm

*laughs*

ye, jim lad, everyone also knows all them bones were smaller fish bones grabbed and stretched for the museums. And the films were simple lots of dogs cellotaped together with seaweed over them and a hose attached to the top.

Course these days they just use fancy CG effects.

The meat being sea rock crushed and stuff.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:24 pm

The daughter of one of my friends claims to see ghosts. I'm leary about this, because mental illness runs in her family, including prominently a type of illness where psychosis is a normal symptom.

Myself, I've had dreams that have come true, that sort of thing, rather ridiculously unlikely ones. I honestly don't know what to think about it. *shrugs*

I guess I lean away from believing in the supernatural, but wouldn't be surprised either way. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:10 pm

Tommy smokes weed on a fairly regular basis. Emily, James, my father, and myself, however, take no illicit substances. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:56 pm

Supernatural, eh?

Well, I've had dreams that come true, many a time. But they're never anything IMPORTANT. Usually just casual conversations and the like. However, I doubt it's some deep-seated precognitive ability. I think it's just an odd way in which the human mind processes. Perhaps human minds have their own ability to predict possible outcomes of actions in the future. I don't know, just being a crazy theorist here.

As for ghosts and the "horror" creatures out there, I'm doubtful. While I'm quite afraid of the possibility of the undead existing, I'm also not too keen on the idea being TRUE. Sure, people may say they've seen ghosts or vampires, but until I see one for myself, and I mean real, concrete evidence...I'll stay on the nonbeliever side of the fence. <p>
Dragons own you. Don't even waste your time trying to argue.

"What's this? The Great Prankster of Doma can't take a prank? Do you really have that bad a temper? For shame..." - Will</p>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:12 pm

Well, two things, really...

Firstly, what Will said happens sometimes to me. I would like to say that Will's theory rather makes no sense, however. Since, who knows what words will be uttered, and the exact position that you'll be in, and your current thoughts while said words are uttered, and where the others would be and what they would do in that moment? The chance is too vast.

Secondly, sometimes I just get the whole "vibes" thing. Especially where something's going to go wrong, I just seem to know it is. Most people don't pay me mind, and I don't like to tell them "I told you so". So, in the end, it's just another waste of 10 points from my GURPS sheet... ... Okay, I've gone silly, but the "vibes" thing is true.

I can't really think of other wierd things that happen except those two.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:27 pm

I'm very curious how these things are perceived, Priam. *raises an eyebrow* Are we talking "I know they're here," "I can see them, look, right in front of me," "I have idle conversations with them over tea," or what?

The nature of such things intrigues me greatly... <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/20/03 8:10 pm

WhiteShadow

Hmmmm... That's a noodle scratcher

Unread postby WhiteShadow » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:01 pm

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm firmly mired in logic. (blame high school Physics) My friends and I take a mostly aetheist (not sure if that's spelled correctly) standpoint, and I've never heard anyone talking about such things.

However, I do have one mofo of an imagination. I've seen some creepy stuff (at night, alone, mostly) and then discovered it's that playing tricks on me. Heck, after I saw The Mothman Prophecies I lay in bed that night and could've sworn I saw people's faces when I closed my eyes. It was actually those colours you see after staring at some light for a while, but it still creeped me out.

Now, I'm not saying those who see such supernatural things are lying, or just letting their imaginations run away with them, but have they seen these things in broad daylight, when there can be no mistaking what's going on?

Heck, I'd like to see such things be possible, it would make the world a little less mundane, but from a scientific viewpoint such things just ain't possible. <p>-----------------------------------------------------
"To fall, to fall... Glorious!"</p>

Archmage144

Re: Hmmmm... That's a noodle scratcher

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:12 pm

Incidentally, the human mind is subconciously trained to seek out "human faces" in the objects we stare at long enough. If you stare at clouds, patterns of dots, your computer monitor, or whatever else, eventually your mind is going to connect what's there to form faces. <p>

</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:13 am

I'll see if I can get Emily or Tommy to get on here an explain it somehow, sometime. Not James, though, because James has a way of embellishing (many would say 'bullshitting') that is not to be taken at face value most of the time.

I can say that they apaprently perceive it through sight, and a little bit through audiation. Beyond that, I do not know, as I cannot see/hear those particular phenomenon like they can.

On the wind thing, though. There's no real 'hearing' of the Wind's voice, but it's more like a whisper in the mind. Thoughts that aren't mine. I'd say that I'm probably delusional, except for the recent conversation with Tommy/Emily/James about this, and the fact that when I asked the Wind its name, I was WHOLLY unable to perceive the answer. My mind just couldn't fathom it.

Weird, weird shit. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:56 am

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">Weird, weird shit.[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. o_o <p>

</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:16 am

Pattern recognizition errors aren't really geared toward faces specifically. We see natural-esque shapes, yes. Mostly due to the eyes trying to see through "camouflage", I think.

As far as this all goes... I don't pay too much attention to scientific evidence anymore. This is because I believe there are forces and energies that act upon us that we cannot percieve, and thus have no idea to look for them. Consider Earth's Magnetic field. We felt its effects for aeons before we knew it was there. So what it caused was ascribed to a variety of other causes.

Who is to say there isn't something else out there, hidden in our so-called constants and whatnot? This phemonia, I think, may well be manifestations of it. Simply put, we may not know nearly as much as we think that we do.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:09 pm

:O I see and hear lots of things. And when I'm tired I can speak to myself as if I were 10 people. But thats cause I'm tired. I used to think I saw and or hear supernatural things. I probably didn't, but if I did I would think its cool.

:O However. Anyone who comes up to me and claims to be an angel a vampire or a spirit is both a thief and a liar. >: <p>[--------------------------------------------]
FETUS. I am a FETUS.</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:30 pm

*Sigh* My family has a long history of currently unexplainable phenomena, and we don't have a history of mental illnesses. Meaning that no one in my family, to the best of my recollection, has been diagnosed with any sort of craziness. In my years of experimentation with the supernatural however, I've come to the conclusion that skepticism is a very good thing. So, I'll give you all a rating system with which you can judge my family's psychic phenomena.

'-' Very iffy. The only person who can verify it is the person who experienced it.
'+' Kinda iffy. Experience can be verified by multiple people, but then again it IS possible that the person who experienced it is either lying or misinterpreted something.
'*' Intriguing. Experience can be verified and it's very unlikely that the person who experienced it is lying for a variety of reasons.
'**' Solid. Experience can be verified, it's highly unlikely that the person is lying for a variety of reasons, and the person who experienced it is capable of reproducing the experience.

Great Grandfather, Father's side.
- Earliest memory is from before his birth.
- Claims to have had past lives.
- Claims to have married a girl whom he knew in a past life.

Grandmother, Father's side.
+ Displayed precognitive abilities in always knowing when someone would arrive at the house (obviously when they were unannounced).

Aunt, Mother's side.
* Shows surprising accuracy with a Tarot deck (instead of "You're likely to be betrayed" she'll say "You will be betrayed by a blonde woman.")
+ Channelled the spirit of her dead father during a seance (Long story short, he stuck around for 20 years to tell her he was sorry).

Father
- Claims to have experienced prophetic dreams and dreams of a spiritual nature.
- Claims to have had an unexplained moment of pure euphoria while praying in the church.
- Claims to see the statue of the virgin Mary praying and looking a little nervous (he relates this to the dreams which he has which he claims point to the coming apocalypse).
** Dowses/Wishes wells with extraordinary accuracy (Double starred because he is now in business wishing wells for $1000 per well).
+ Claims to have 'cloud-busted' (The act of making clouds disappear/appear/move/act in the way that you want them to).
+ Claims to always know when it's the above aunt calling on the phone. (Example: *Ring ring* "It's Auntie Jean!" "Hello? Oh, hi Jean.").
- Claims to have almost seen a vision in a fire via the Native American style of vision seeking.

Brother Bill
- Claims to have received signs from his totem animal guide three times.
+ Claims to have seen UFO's, signs from spirits, and other such oddness during a Ghost Dance in Colorado.
* Dowses/Wishes wells.
- Claims to have experienced 'psychic slams' (Where you are stopped dead in your tracks because you feel a sudden feeling of hate/disgust/loathing towards you).
- Claims to see auras.
- Claims to have sensed supernatural presences (i.e. Ghosts).
* Claims to have experienced emotional empathy with close friends (friend gets pissed off, he calls her up from across the city and asks what's wrong).
- Claims to have experienced prophetic dreams.
- Claims to have heard voices (Like a voice emanating outside of his head, but which he is not perceiving through his ears).
* Exhibited precognitive abilities while a toddler.

Brother Kevin
* Kills Ouija boards. He walks in, the board stops dead or slows down a lot and starts saying "Get him out."
- Claims to have heard voices, like Bill.

Me
- Experienced clairvoyance (Concentrated on a friend, received a vision, and later had vision verified by same friend).
- Sensed supernatural presences.
+ Experienced both human and animal telepathy.
+ Performed psychic healings on animals and friends.
- Accidentally drifted into someone elses dreams.
* Cleansed a quartz crystal.
** Exhibited physical empathy with close friends and strangers over the internet (Double starred because I once felt my ex stab her hand with a safety pin and for other reasons).
- Exhibited very, very minor telekinesis (felt a pen with my mind while concentrating).
+ Recollected two past life memories.
- Almost experienced an out of body experience (was meditating when I felt something 'unlock' about a foot above and behind my shoulder blades).
* Affected weather patterns from halfway across the continent.

I'm sure that there's a lot more to this list, I excluded experiences with ouija boards (except for Kevin's odd ability) and specific things with ghosts. In order of psychic power, it would probably go Great Grandfather, Grandmother, Auntie Jean, Me, Dad, Bill and then Kevin ... I would think. The main reason I don't have more for my ancestors is because all we knew of Great Grandfather was that he had an almost eerieway of sensing things, and the rest we got through his memoirs. Grandma could never be surprised, and I think she also didn't let on to some of her abilities because she didn't think much of them. A lot fot he things that my Dad says sounds crazy, and I have to admit the possibility of senile dementia seeing as how he's 72 and all. I haven't spoken with Auntie Jean all that much, but a Tarot reading that she gave for me and my parents was amazingly accurate (Like, all the things she said would happen did happen, and her predictions weren't too vague). Bill claims to have experienced some cool things, but I think that he may be a little too spiritually minded in some cases.

Now, regarding the double stars, Dad was taught how to wish wells by my Great Grandfather. every well he has wished has turned up good drinking water. None of his dowsings returned dry wells or bad wells. Now sure, there is a possibility that this is all just pure happenstance, but when he has a 100% reliability for wishing wells, perhaps it's just possible that science cannot explain everything. My experiences with empathy deserve double stars because there is no way in hell that I could have known that my ex had stabbed her hand, yet I felt the stab in my hand and called her immediately to ask her why she stabbed her hand. This empathy extended to me feeling her headaches, when she was sleeping, but it couldn't pick up menstrual cramps. Actually, I remember coughing her cough once. Odd, yes. I exhibited this empathy with another friend of mine over the phone (she hit her side and I said 'ow') before I decided to experiment with it over the net. My first experiment was a stunning success because I pegged the body part that this girl was focusing on (her heart) and also told her that her left leg was tingling because she was sitting on it oddly. Kinda freaked her out. I've played with this off and on for a while, and would give myself a 60-75% accuracy.

Now, I recall Archmage asking what these things feel like. It's heard to explain. The time I felt the pen, it was like I was water, rushing over the pen. I could feel everything about it, but I could not solidify the water to the point where I could move it. The empathy is pretty much me feeling what the other person feels. The telepathy was me hearing people say things when their lips didn't move or, in the case of the animal, being barraged by an instantaneous flood of images and emotions which translated to "Ooh!! Baby grass!" If anything, I'd have to liken ESP to a sense of smell. For example, if you smell a skunk, you know that a skunk is, or was, in the area. ESP is similar in the sense that you'll just know that a skunk is in the area, except you didn't have to smell it. The knowledge is just there.

Priam, could you describe the wind's answer a bit more when you asked for its name? I know you say it was beyond your comprehension, but just try to explain it as much as you can. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:51 am

That would be like trying to explain the reason behind the pronunciation of 'fhqwhgads' to a person who speaks only japanese. Whereas the other messages are like the thought echoes one invokes in oneself while reading passages out of a book (subvocalizing, I believe, is the term), the Wind's answer for its name would be more akin to reading print on a piece of holographic paper, with three or four different nonsensical arrangements of letters on the same line, and getting THAT in its subvocalized form.

Also, what is this 'dowses/wishes wells' stuff? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

ALLOW ME

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:16 am

Being able to find underground sources of water, Im pretty sure.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:20 am

I have a small precognative ability. Mostly I see glimpses of simple moments in dreams. I'll come to that moment, and know I've been there before. It's always something that is not common enough that it could just be concidence.
(Last time was something that happened at a wedding....)

I also can feel when something really bad is going to happen. Not neccessarily to me or someone I know, just near where I am. (generally it's sometihng relatively common though, like a nasty car accident in front of where I work or other such things, so no doubt there are few who would believe me. It's part of the reason I don't discuss such things generally. Why get abused as a 'liar' when I have no need to prove anything to anyone?)

Also I can immediately ascertain a person's basic character from the moment I meet him/her. Not sure how but when I can't stand someone for no apparent reason, I find out later I *was* picking up on something (who knows what) that lets me know they are *NOT* a person I want to know. (And no I don't do this with everyone I dislike, I mean geez, sometimes you just dislike a person. I can tell the difference between the two 'feelings' if you will.)
A good example of this is one of my Father's coworkers when I was little. He always made me feel really creeped out. (And I was not shy.) His other coworkers didn't bother me, but for this one guy, I'd find some reason to disappear elsewhere.
Just in the past few years (I am adult now.) it turns out this guy is into pedophilia and actually travels to certain asian countries where one can buy the use of children >.<

<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:17 am

Quote:
That would be like trying to explain the reason behind the pronunciation of 'fhqwhgads' to a person who speaks only japanese. Whereas the other messages are like the thought echoes one invokes in oneself while reading passages out of a book (subvocalizing, I believe, is the term), the Wind's answer for its name would be more akin to reading print on a piece of holographic paper, with three or four different nonsensical arrangements of letters on the same line, and getting THAT in its subvocalized form.

Also, what is this 'dowses/wishes wells' stuff?
Hmm, so it was only a form of subvocalized sound that, while incomprehensible, was limited to what we normally understand as a name? Or was there more to it, such as the feeling of teh vastness of the wind, or the encompassing sensation of movement? I'm just curious because, assuming that you were communicating with another sentient intelligence, there could have been some forms of miscommunication. Like, you asked "What's your name" to an entity which may not have need for a name, thus it may have translated the question as "Who are you" which would have prompted it to respond in a fashion which it deemed appropriate to the question it understood ... which in turn totally does not fit your pre-set criteria of what forms a name.

Other than that though, trippy. And yes, dowsing is the art of finding underground water flows through the usage of a stick or copper wires or a crystal or whatever. <p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:25 am

Nah, I got the distinct impression that it had related to me its chosen name. And there's no feeling of vastness--my perception of the Wind as it is is basically limited to what I can see of the sky at any given point. The Local Wind, if you prefer. It seems to always be the same voice, though.

And it's not really a subvocalization in the sound sense; it's more like the echo one's thoughts make when one reads. It's the mental processing of the words, not the actual reading or hearing. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:32 am

Mm. Just adding my own bits.

Recently, my mother's been more of a believer in spirits, since my grandmother passed away, and apparently all of her brothers and herself had dreams about their mother telling them something right before something freaky happened.

Like my youngest uncle, who the day after the dream, a storm ripped out a window from his apartment, and it landed in the middle of a crowded parking lot without damaging anything.

Or my aunt, who after the dream found out what a S.O.B. her husband was. The rest of the family's currently getting him to repay some of his debts and give back money, as well as possibly getting a divorce.

Or my mom, who ended up leaving Hong Kong right before SARS started gaining publicity. Literally; a day later, and she would've had to go through quarantine.

...but that's my mom.

Personally, I'm not sure one way or the other. I mean, I'd LIKE to believe it in a way— something that would kind of resonate with something in me, I guess. But I'm not SURE.

...and now, I will probably add more to this later. As my mother is telling me to get off. *chomps*

ChancellorSmartz

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:40 pm

I tend to have dreams that cause Deja Vu later in the day....otherwise predict things with my dreams. I don't know how I do it though, nor, do I wish to do it. ...And sometimes I realize I talk out loud to my dreams, but they respond. It's creepy. <p>"Dude...you can't put salt on asians. We already taste good." -Me</p>

Dalin Rifthome

Unread postby Dalin Rifthome » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:51 am

Ive done the whole "Dream comes true" thing. But like most people say, its about irrelivent crap. Absolute crap. And I DO think its possible that the Mind "predicts" possible outcomes of "future" occurances. I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but I dont give a fuck. I saw this one episide of x-files, that is a great example.

One buddy was telepatchic, but he wasnt really.

He basically said, "One day, I sat around, and thought about ALL the incadints that would have HAD to occur in order for Incadint A to occur."

Basically he said, I thought of EVERYTHING that HAD TO HAVE HAPPENED in order for THIS to have happend. Eg: A+B=C

Its all math. Everything. I think our mind CAN comprehend things like that. Remember, "Dreaming is the only time we are safely insane". <p>------------------
"There is nothin' as sure in the world as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves."
- Old Dwarf Saying
</p>

RagingLeprechuan

Well here's my take on it

Unread postby RagingLeprechuan » Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:32 am

Dia Duit!

Well I'm not too sure about my family's past or dealings with ESP. The only thing I know is that my grandma predicted the death of two uncles by way of tea leaf reading. Beyond that I know nothing of family history.

I personally do believe in the paranormal, the whole undead thing I'm not too sure about. But I do believe in demons and angels. And many a times I've felt the touch of an angel, some unknown force setting me on balance so that I'll not plunge to my death over a railing. Words placed in the back of my mind in order to talk a dear friend away from suicide(An occasion thats happened far to many times).

I've also seen/heard unexplainable things, things that to this day give me the shivers. I've also had horrible dreams, that thank God havn't come true, the end result being me slaughter by a savage demon or me single handedly laying waste to all whom I love. Not a pretty thing at all.

As for the physic thing, I do believe its quite possible. Even from a scientific stand point, I mean calculations show that we only use 5% of our brains. So, why can't the other 95% hold some sort of unknown abilites? Then again I could have my facts all wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Either way I'm down for the believeing in the supernatural.

Return to Discussion Forum