I have had a revelation..

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Deeum

I have had a revelation..

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:09 am

Might as well get it out in the open.

Yes, I DO have a weight problem.
And yes I am over weight for someone my age. But you know what? I don't care. OFcourse, I want to get it under control. But if anyone wants to meet me, expect me NOT to be skinny or like a super model.
I want you to like me for who I really am.
IF I'm fat, so what? i'm still me. I'm still the person you've talked to on online or ever in Iparty. I am me. no one else.

Edit: fixed the title. h00rj! <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
S-D.Net Oekaki - Elitist Bastards
</span>
</div></p>Edited by: DragonMistressSCV&nbsp; Image at: 7/20/03 9:17 pm

CaptainCommando

Re: I have had a revalation..

Unread postby CaptainCommando » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:36 am

You go girl! Er... anyways...

I'm not around much... but, you seem like a good person from what I've heard, and that's what counts. <p>

Clothes do make the man. As naked people have little or no influence in society.- Mark Twain.

Nice donkey punch Cornflake, but I am not like the other boys you usually truck with, as they are gay, and I usually am not! -Kevin, ButtlordGT
</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:04 pm

*Joins the "Overweight and damned proud" club*

>.> <.<

*huggles DM*

You shall always be the same person to me. Not like it really matters what you look like or any of that. You've always been 'Deeum' and you always will be. :D! <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Two heroes, two villains and a catboy...Life doesn't get much better than this....</div></p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:28 pm

...wait. You mean to tell me you aren't the fourty year old who lives in his parents basement that you claimed to be?

I feel so used now. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:48 pm

It's about damn time. We've been liking you for who you are for years. Welcome to the club ;) <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:31 pm

My mom is overweight.

About a year or two ago, she slipped, and almost hurt herself pretty bad. When she went to the doctor, he said that her leg should be fine in a few weeks. Now, here's the kicker:

If she wasn't overweight, she would have been hurt a lot worse than she was. Apparently, her weight worked as padding.

Moral: As long as you're healthy otherwise, being big can be a good thing! :D

Anyways, congratulations. Being yourself is nifty. ^^ <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is</span></p>Edited by: NebulaQueen&nbsp; Image at: 7/19/03 2:33 pm

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:35 pm

Kudos to you, DM, for accepting yourself as you are. Too many people fill themselves with slef disgust angst and that's just annoying as all hell.

Now, you did mention that you do want to get your weight problem under control. If nobody minds, I'd like to hijack this thread and turn it into a 'Suggestions for Dieting' sort of thread. There's a couple that I know of that work fairly well.

Atkinson Diet: This diet cuts out your carbs entirely, thus forcing your body to get used to burning fat all of the time. Carbohydrates are the easiest things for the body to deconstruct and turn into energy, so when you eat a steak and potatoes meal, all of the fat from the steak will go straight to your hips while the carbs from the potatoes get burned up and used later on that night. By not eating any carbs at all, the you force the body to get used to burning fats, which makes it so that when your body needs energy, it'll more readily resort to all the fat deposits around your hips and such.
The problem with this diet is that, if not done properly, it's very unhealthy. I'm not sure what the exact reasons are in regards to the biological reasons and such, but after a while it'll get to the point where your breath will smell of Acetone. Acetone smelling breath is a sign of Anorexia, and yeah. I wish I knew the connection. In order to prevent such a thing from happening, follow the Atkinson diet on the weekdays, and on the weekends make sure that you pig out and eat whatever the hell you want. Ice cream, potatoes slathered in butter and garlic, whole buckets of lard if you wish. The weekend is the time where you allow your body to recuperate and get ready for another 5 days of fat burning. I'd suggest speaking with a professional prior to using this diet.

The 60/20/20 Diet: This diet is usually offered in conjunction with other diets, like FHM's 'Body For Life' diet. It involves restricting your intake of food to allow for only 60% calories of carbohydrates, 20% calories of fats, and 20% calories of proteins. This works because this is the 'golden ratio' in terms of digestion and blood sugar levels. While this sort of diet does restrict what you can eat, it is safe, which is a big plus over the Atkinson diet.
When breaking down the amount of calories in the foods you eat, look at the label and find out how many grams of fats, carbs and proteins are in there. Proteins and carbs are 4 calories for every gram, whereas fat is 9 calories per gram. Pull out that caluclator and start crunching numbers. I'm currently on this diet, (kind of in a half assed way, and I just started, so no results yet) and I've found that really good foods for this thing are canned tuna (it's almost pure proteins), processed cheese slices (contains an almost equal amount in grams of proteins, carbs and fat), and beans (there's a wide variety of beans, and each have pretty good carb/protein amounts. Lentils are the best I think, and I'm pretty sure that soy beans are almost pure protein as well).
This diet works really well for my eating habits because I can eat just about anything. One dish which I found to be an almost exact 60/20/20 ratio was a can of beans in tomato sauce with two slices of processed cheese added in to balance everything out. Mmmm, it's actually quite good after you spice it up with some black pepper and marjoram and such. A suggestion if you do decide on a diet like this, try to cut down your calorie intake to about 300 or so per meal (I think it's 300). The human body needs about 1500 calories (I think, double check it because I'm not completely positive) in order to keep functioning for the day. If you cut down the size of the meals you eat and keep a steady blood sugar level, your body will get used to burning energy all the time. This means that you'll be rarin' to go all day, and you'll slowly slim down in a healthy way. <p>
"It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again."</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:39 pm

eh.. wolfbelly..
>_>;
I know about most of those.

And Rube: :( i'm so sorry. <p>
<div style="text-align:center"><span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;">StarDragon Studios - Livejournal
</span>
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:36 pm

Go Sarah! <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Zoooooom...Zoooooom...CRASH! Enthusiasm counts. Never be afraid to try."
-=- "All cookies are good, dum-dum." -- Binky
-=- "Kazootles!"

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Hogwarts RP} -- {RP Boot Camp}
{Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {StarDragon Oekaki}</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:04 pm

I would like to note that I don't give a fuck if you weigh 90 pounds or 300.

*adjusts his glasses* It doesn't exactly affect my opinion of someone, y'know. Especially if I've already come to respect them as a worthwhile person.

And now for revelation number two, which should prove that you're just the same as you were before you admitted to being a bit overweight--you still can't spell. XD <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:20 pm

Brian needs to stop stealing my job of mocking DM's typos. :{{{

Also, I'm going to largely agree with what's been said here. Judging a person by their physical appearance is a big no no for me, whether they're overweight, short, tall or aren't up to super model standards in terms of looks. Just as looking down on someone who was gifted with less than brilliant intelligence at birth is also on my "don't do" list.

As for the topic of loosing weight, I'm going to throw my two pence in here, with the suggestion of exercise. Some people can eat like pigs and remain skinny. While it may have something to do with their metabolism, it's also due to exercise, and burning up all that energy. Which also gives your metabolic rate a boost. DDR works wonders, it seems, because even if you do suck at it, you're still moving about. Or, if like me, you spend long hours in front of your computer/game console etc, I've found an exercise bike works well. Tape your keyboard to the handles, and away you go! Chat and work out at the same time!

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:27 pm

As a side note, does this mean you're going to post more pictures of yourself? *smirk* <p>

</p>

Kadrin77

Unread postby Kadrin77 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:02 pm

Well I don't want to bore the fuck out of everyone, so I'm just going to say I support DM and anyone who shares her beliefs.

It's really nice to see people realising that a person should not be judged by his/her outer shell.

That's all.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:09 pm

But Kadrin, our outer shell is important! It's what keeps our juicy flesh meat safe from the predators! <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is</span></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:33 pm

Bah! The purpose of the outer shell is to be cracked open so that the soft insides can be devoured after being dipped in butter! <p>

</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:44 pm

What? DAMN XD I threw spell check on this and everything..

!! I can defy spellchecker now!
HOT DAMN. :D <p>
</span>
</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:29 pm

...I'm reminded of Dime bars, strangely.

Rhelian Alto

Unread postby Rhelian Alto » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:55 pm

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway. A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
But seriously, being happy with who you are is a helluva lot better than worrying about what other people think. You've got a better self esteem than most people, that's for damn sure. <p>

Time stands still for no man; seize the moment, lest you lose it forever.

- The poster formerly known as BloodStar.</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:29 am

Quote:
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway. A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
This is going into my list of groovy quotes. Rhelian, you are THE MAN. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:45 am

I find this whole 'weight' crap to be bothersome as a whole. But then again, I find 160-200 lbs-weight women significantly more attractive than the 90-120 lbs range, and that gives me damn good reason to say that 'losing weight programs' are not NEARLY as important as almost the whole of female american culture makes them out to be. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"When I started training in Gung Fu, a punch was just a punch, and a kick was just a kick. After training for a few years, a punch was much more than a punch and a kick was more than just a kick. Now that I have trained a long time, a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."
-Bruce Lee, "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do"</span></p>

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:03 am

...I could need a pound or two, I'm too skinny according to my doctors and it's beginning to get to my health. Image

Even so, I admire a person who isn't afraid to talk about something like this, because it matters shit on the net. :D <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Christian Cordeus - Shamelessly stealing school supplies since 1993.</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:35 pm

I'd argue it matters shit in real life, too! <p>

</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:58 pm

Indeed. *wuvvles*

For weight matters not as long as the girl still ish happy and stuff. It shows. ^-^

It's all ATTITUDE, baby! =D

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:13 pm

Well, what Ducky said! :D <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Christian Cordeus - Shamelessly stealing school supplies since 1993.</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:53 pm

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">I'd argue it matters shit in real life, too![/quote]

Then you'd argue wrong! While it may not matter to you the majority of other people will base their first impressions on appearance.

Now, as long as you don't give a shit what other people think, which is what I believe the entire point of this thread to be, then it's all good. <p>
I AM A CHEF. MY MISSION IS TO COOK FOOD.

That was a recipe for kicking your ass!</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:56 pm

That, FD, was exactly what I meant. <p>

</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:15 pm

True enough, FD is right.
YOU people might not care.
But a greater percentage of the world does. Lord know I know most men/women prefer someone with a thin waist then one.. well "padded".But meh.
I don't care.
<p>
</span>
</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:28 pm

Yep, well, they can all fuck off! :D <p>

</p>

BrainWalker
✔+