RPGWW Banner -updated-

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

RPGWW Banner -updated-

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:54 am

Many of you will, hopefully, remember that big ass banner full of all the character sprites that we used to use for the board's banner.

Well i took that banner and gave it a bit of an update. Basically upgrading some sprites to their current forms, added and/or took out some characters. Some are even custom sprites i made for said characters.

Hope it looks good and I hope i was able to get as many people's chars in as possible.
-if not, please let me know.

Image <p>-----------------
"This movie really should have been called MASSIVE EXPLOSION: THE MOTION PICTURE." -Foywonder on "The Marine"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ashfanrico>Ash]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/06 2:57

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: RPGWW Banner -updated-

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:58 am

Needs sprites of my characters stat!

Edit: There's a cute one for my post icon use that :3

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/06 4:29

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:14 am

I'm with Zero. I've already got a sprite made for one of mine.

Edited to make the sprite show up twice on my post! Whoo! <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/06 9:14

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Here Kai, i tried to make an FF6 sprite for ya. Based on your avatar.

Hope it looks decent. If you want me to change anything, (like a different pose), let me know.

Image <p>-----------------
"This movie really should have been called MASSIVE EXPLOSION: THE MOTION PICTURE." -Foywonder on "The Marine"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ashfanrico>Ash]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/06 14:43

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:17 pm

I actually have a larger version of the sprite already, but I appreciate your effort. Do you want me to send it on? It looks like the ones in the banner are generally the little ones, which is why I just made the little bitty avatar one available.

If you hadn't noticed by now, her sprite isn't based on FF6 sprites. This is actually because I didn't realize nobody made sprites from scratch... or at least that doing so was kind of outside the norm. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:21 pm

That's because most people don't have the patience or skill to make decent or understandable sprites from scratch. Everyone and their brother makes FF6 remix sprites

They're like, the fanfic.net stories of the sprite world. Just a step over megaman spriting. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:41 pm

...That makes me curious what site is analgous to Megaman spriting. And a little worried. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:03 pm

oh i can make my own sprites, and have before, it's just that FF1/4/5/6 sprites and the like (Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, rpgmaker2k, etc.) were the first ones used by RPGWW back in the day. My first sprite avatar was an edited archer from FF Tactics.

But i don't look down upon hand-made sprites. I was mainly just trying to keep the sprite theme of the Banner kinda consistant. <p>-----------------
"This movie really should have been called MASSIVE EXPLOSION: THE MOTION PICTURE." -Foywonder on "The Marine"</p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:26 am

Mine's a palette-swap of an RPG Maker sprite, originally. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"There are four types of men: one who says what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours - he is a neutral person. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine is a fool. One who says what's mine is yours and what's yours is yours is righteous. One who says what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine is evil."
-Talmud, Avot 5:13

Arch mage144: Spleen doesn't bother with penis size contests; instead, he goes straight to penis number.</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:25 am

Actually, I think Megaman spriting is a wee bit more advanced than FF6 spriting. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:23 pm

O rly? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:40 pm

That couch fort is rad.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:26 pm

'Deed it is!

Also, Dia is FF4. So we're not ALL FF6! :D
Also, hacked the wings from RPGmaker, the robes from...Romancing Saga something, I think.

Making sprites is for competents, and Banj. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica
"he is the godamn batman! thats why! if he can breath in space you damn bet he can wear a panty on his head!" glu-glu</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:29 am

WHY SHINI DOES FF6 STYLE SPRITES:

Because they're a good balance of looking good (You know what you're looking at!) and being rather simple to work with. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:05 pm

That, and there's enough variation in base models to get a good head start on what you're working towards.

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous