The horrible thread of regrets (a.k.a. Everyone Loses)

For artistic creations in non-text format.
BrainWalker
✔+

The horrible thread of regrets (a.k.a. Everyone Loses)

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:21 pm

For some bizarre, unfathomable reason completely foreign to any sense of logic, Capn'tastic's thread has somehow managed to inspire me to take one free fanart commission. I have no idea why this has happened, 'cause I can't draw worth shit and I'm always quick to tell people that I can't draw worth shit whenever the subject of drawing worth shit is brought up. But I'm gonna do it anyway. Once again, I have no idea what the Hell is up with that.

CRITERIA FOR EARNAGE:

1) The end result will suck horribly, and it'll probably take awhile. Which is to say that it will neither kick ass nor be delivered promptly. You must be okay with this.

2) See #1

3) Did you see #2 and #1? Okay, good. Just checking.

4) I suppose I should require some sort of compensation, or post some sort of mini-contest thing, but I don't expect there to be much of a demand for my services OR much of a feeling of worth on the part of the reciprocant relative to the alleged "art". So I guess it's just a "first come first serve" kinda thing. Which is to say that the first person who actually wants me to draw something will get something, not the first person who posts a reply.

5) I really do have a severe deficiency in artistic ability. Don't fool yourself into thinking that I've been practicing on the side and have made some kind of great strides of improvement. 'Cause I haven't. I suppose one could argue I have more talent than none whatsoever, but less than "a decent amount". Which is to say that the amount of artistic ability I posess is, in fact, indecent. Fear.

So there you have it. I may be halfway almost sorta passably decent a little maybe at CG, but I really don't know my way around a pencil and a pad of paper. If you've met all the criteria and signed that waiver over there on the table, feel free to ask for something. It would behoove you to describe the thing you're asking me to draw, too. You gotta remember, I never RP. Then again, it probably won't come out looking anything like you envisioned, so maybe it doesn't really behoove you all that much. The describing, I mean.

If anyone is confused by this, don't worry. I am too. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: The horrible thread of regrets (a.k.a. Everyone Loses)

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:56 pm

Hi Brainwalker! I would really appreciate some cool fanart of Molo!

Edit: Personal icon = Molo

(Is it my fault I'm not a furry? ;P) <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/5/04 8:35 pm

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:07 pm

....chibi catgirl wearing a bell and eating a cookie?

Pwease?

*puts on bell and catears* <9__9>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:31 pm

Hmmm... Molo was first, but Lys actually provided a description, and caters to one of my personal interests!

Decisions, decisions... <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:00 pm

If I'm not too late...

I think it'd be awesomely groovy to see that dude of yours you RPed in chat, the guy with the incredibly bushy eyebrows, sitting behind a table with his big bag o' stuff and shiny things, with Chy'ak poking her head out of the bag. =0

Just a thought. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:06 pm

Gas powered potato.

You know you want to draw this. <p>

*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8

"Well, we've made it to Leeds without being robbed or violated. We win at time traveling!" - Shelley, Scary-Go-Round</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:38 am

Dia: Oh yea, that guy. I don't think I ever even gave that dude a name. Totally awesome character, though.

Hey, did you guys see the part where I mentioned one pic? :P

I suppose excess quantity is arguably one way to make up for a severe deficiency in quality. I may or may not get on any of this tomorrow morning! Or afternoon, depending on when I get up. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:47 am

*wuvvles*

<^o^>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:42 am

Quote:
Is it my fault I'm not a furry? ;P
Not really; I'm not either. You should never feel the need to apologize in even the smallest amount for not being a furry.

Also, Molokidan seems to have several variants as far as personal appearnce. I mean, there's even a sizeable discrepancy between your avatar and personal icon. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:38 pm

Hmmm. . .yes! That's why you can add a lot of personal imagination and creativity to the drawing! Indeed! >.>;

Actually, the picture is him at 14, and the personal icon is him as a grown-up. Fdeth's drawn him as the latter, Choark's done the former. You can do whatever ye wants! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:16 pm

Ooooooooooohhh, it all makes sense now!

Personally, I dig those sideburns. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:40 pm

Art requests, eh? Well then...

Dizzy. And I mean the blue-haired half-Gear Dizzy. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:26 pm

I will now be happy if you draw the egg with boxing gloves kind of Dizzy.

http://www.lemon64.com/ <-- find in there if you don't know who that is. Shame on you if ya don't. SHAME <p><div style="text-align:center"> Shhh! </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:53 pm

I think whatever you should draw should involve breasts.

...even if your subject is Molo. Because that would confuse him and that would be funny. <p>
"Dreamcast's hardware was entirely 64-bit except for a single 128-bit internal math coprocessor. That little chunk of silicon didn't make DC a 128-bit system any more than my grandmother's artificial knee makes her a cybernetic super-soldier." --Jeremy Parish</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:29 am

As much as I appreciate activity in this topic, I think perhaps I should get priam or FD, or perhaps Idran in here to explain the difference between the concepts of plural and singular.

Having said that, I think Rube might just be on to something. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/8/04 12:31 am

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:16 am

Plural and singular are logical fallacies, because numbers are, by definition, arbitrary.

*makes things worse* <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:29 am

I hate you so much : (

[aside] Don't tell anyone, but that actually made me laugh. [/aside] <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:59 pm

Hah hah. Now you have to draw an infinite number of images or go to purgatory. <p>
"Dreamcast's hardware was entirely 64-bit except for a single 128-bit internal math coprocessor. That little chunk of silicon didn't make DC a 128-bit system any more than my grandmother's artificial knee makes her a cybernetic super-soldier." --Jeremy Parish</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Rough draft

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:00 pm

HA!! I'll bet you bastards didn't expect me to get anywhere with anything in this thread, did you? DID YOU!?

Anyway, considering this is a rough concept sketched out in the car without geometry or source material, it didn't turn out too bad. Turned out pretty decent, acutally. I believe the reasons for this are twofold: 1) I was able to ignore the eyes, and eyes are the bane of my existance (artistically, anyway), and 2) I tend to allow myself more leeway with male characters.

Anyway! Now that I have kind of a design down, I can get the pose and the angle down for the final draft. He needs to be turned a bit more if anyone's gonna see the little dragon. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:29 pm

Nice, BrainWalker!!! I thought you said you were bad at drawing?

By the way, who is it? <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:24 pm

HA.

The mysterious RP character!

And you should stop lying about you sucking. ;-;

*gwomps and offers cookies as proof that the Walker of Brains is a nifty artist*

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:05 pm

Just wait 'till I try to draw anatomy, or a face. Then you'll understand.

And to not answer Molo's question, he doesn't actually have a name. I'm not sure how I managed to RP him not once but twice without giving him a name, but that's actually kind of impressive when you think about it. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:58 pm

Wow, that's terribly groovy. Those eyebrows are awesome, and I love the whole beard-tugging/argh-my-beard-is-trying-to-eat-my-hand thing. The cuffs and robe hem are neato, as well. =0 <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous