--The Legend of the Tower to Nekogami--

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

pd Rydia

--The Legend of the Tower to Nekogami--

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:04 pm

I wrote this up for the MUSH. Been a while since I wrote something. Been a while more since I wrote something Gaera religioussy. This was fun. c/c if you want to.<hr size=4>

--THE LEGEND OF THE TOWER OF NEKOGAMI--

It is told that there was once a ruler who was very devoted to Nekogami. It so happened that this ruler aspired to build a tower which would reach up through the blue heavens to meet Nekogami herself. For this purpose he recruited many nekojin and had them work with him.

Upon seeing such fervor for their goddess, the Inkaaneto of Nekogami visited this King to see what blessings they could bestow upon him and his people. However, when they came to him, he sent them away. Dutifully they returned the next day, but the next day, too, he sent them away. Each day they would visit him, but each day he would send them away.

When Nekogami heard of these events from her Inkaaneto, she came personally to visit the King. She asked him, "What is it that you want, nekojin King?" And he replied to her, "I wanted to see you."

The goddess replied to this, "Ah, and now you have seen me. Nekojin King, I tell you--too long you focused on the skies. I gave you a land and a people to rule over and to watch over. I gave you my angels so that you, too, might be cared for. Have you so long forgotten these gifts that you desire more?"

The goddess then gathered the king in the palm of her hand, and carried him with her. She gathered the workers outside the tower, and carried them too. All these nekojin were placed gently on the ground by Nekogami, a distance away from the tower which was beginning to fall apart. All these nekojin were protected from the falling tower by Nekogami's body itself, which she used as a shield for them.

Nekogami again spoke to the king. "Your devotion has been foolish, but devotion it has been. Thus you have been saved from your tower, poorly built, as it crumbles upon itself. You will not be so foolish in the future, but use your wisdom to save your people."
<p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/19/06 18:43

Manga no Manda

Re: --The Legend of the Tower to Nekogami--

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Sweet Jupiter on Turtle. That's a nice legend! I like legends and I should like to become the Legendary GM of Legends (you know...GMing stuff based on Gaeran Legends? I'm working out the kinks of that plan).

It occurs to be the Nekogami might have a formal name, as Inugami (to Nekojin) is called Fideleo by his people. I'll look up some cool kanji and figure something out.

Good legend, though. Very Mesopotamianesque. <p>Image</p>

pd Rydia

Re: --The Legend of the Tower to Nekogami--

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks much. ^_^ I'm glad to get more feedback on this, it always is nice to know when has read and enjoyed something you wrote.

Yeah, it would make sense for Nekogami to have a formal name. If you're interested, there's a RPGWW Wiki now, and Idran can hook you up with an account there. If you decided on a name, you could post it on the board and then find a place to put it up yourself. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

ManganoManda

Wiki

Unread postby ManganoManda » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:17 am

I'll be sure to contact Iddy on the subject!

Nick Shogun

Yo, Chels Bells.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:01 am

You use words I never use, like Fervor and Dutifully. It's nice to see variation, especially in something as typical as a legend. A nice legend, at that. Usually people don't bother with legends, but you took the time to make this one clear and concise. Also, now I want to learn about the Inkaaneto of Nekogami! <p><div style="text-align:center">
USE THE TANUKI SUIT, CHO. -DMSCV
</div></p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings