A request, an odd one...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
NamagomiMk0

Re: A request, an odd one...

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:19 am

And I say once again. If you didn't want it to be up for discussion, you shouldn't have posted it. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:33 pm

Background:
name: Layne Cooper - age: 15 - eyes: blue - hair: black - height: 6'4"

There is nothing wrong with Layne Cooper. Absolutely nothing. He's well rounded,
has a good family that loves him (and actually has money), and he's not
depressed in any way. He saw no ancient evils or sibling killing/kidnapping
murderers in his youth. He's still got all 3 of his brothers. He always got good
grades in school, and he never got bullied. Heck, he was the valedictorian of
Tymisonn High.

... OK, so there's one thing wrong with him.

He's bored.

All his life has been handed to him on a silver platter. Nothing has been a
challenge. Well, except for the black mage's academy he just graduated from. And
the adventures he's about to embark upon.

... I... did mention that, right?

--Basics--
Name: Layne
RPer: KingOfDoma
Race: doman human

--Attributes--
Courage +4
Wisdom +4
Intuition +3
Charisma +2
Agility +2
Dexterity +2
Strength +1
Stamina +3
Magic Aptitude: 4

Level: 3
Experience: 1225/1500
69 HP
85 MP
29 TP
Initiative - 6+2d6 (8-18)
AT/PA = 10/10

-=- Robin Hood Hat, Mage's Robe, Staff -=-

AT/PA Modified for Skill = 12/10
AT/PA Modified for Armor = 12/10
Final AT/PA = 10/9

Quarterstaff Damage (3/5/8)
-Thrust 4+1d6
-Swing 7+2d4
-Bash 11+2d6

Flame Dagger (4/7/9, +1/-1 AT/PA, deals 5+1d6 bonus fire damage) (rank for AT)

Darkness Sword (11/15/21, +0/-1 AT/PA, can cast Negatis 2 once per day (MAtk 27, 38+2d6 damage, manifests as a

cloud of ghoulish spirits))

AC = 4 (Body); 2 (Head)

--Skills--
Fire Magic - 6
Ice Magic - 7
Lightning Magic - 6
Earth Magic - 6
Water Magic - 6
Malediction - 4
Staves - 2
Daggers - 1
[k]Human Anatomy - 4
[k]Botany - 4
[s]Knot Tying - 4
[s]Quilting - 4
[s]Cooking -4

--Spells/Techs--

[Fire=1]Fire 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Fire=4]Fire 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Fire=4]Fireball (29 MP) - Does 10+rank*2+3d6 fire damage to all within a 10 foot radius of the target.

[Ice=1]Ice 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 ice damage to a single target.

[Ice=4]Ice 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 ice damage to a single target.

[Ice=6]Ice Wall (28 MP) - Layne conjures up a wall of ice in front of him. This provides a +8 bonus to his PA

for 1d6 rounds or until Layne is subject to a fire attack.

[Lit=1]Lit 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 electric damage to a single target.

[Lit=4]Lit 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 electric damage to a single target.

[Lit=4]Blitz (10 MP) - Does 5+rank*2+1d6 electric damage to targets within a 120 degree arc in front the

caster.

[Water=1]Aqua 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 water damage to a single target.

[Water=4]Aqua 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 water damage to a single target.

[Water=4]Wave 1 (10 MP) - Does 5+rank*2+1d6 water damage to targets withina 5 foot corrior in front of the

caster.

[Earth=1]Quake 1 (5 MP) - Does 10+rank*2+1d6 earth damage to a single target.

[Earth=4]Quake 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 earth damage to a single target.

[Fire=3]Ignite (10 MP) - Sets a target ablaze. These flames persist until the
target "stops, drops, and rolls" (a standard action) or is doused by water or
large quantities of dirt/mud. These flames deal 12+1d6 points of damage each
round.

[Lit=3]Static Pulse (12 MP) - Deals 10+rank*3+1d6 points of damage plus 30+2d6
points of subdual damage (this cannot kill, but if it is enough that it WOULD
drop an opponent below 0 health, were it regular damage, they are knocked
unconscious).

[Malediction=1]Cramp (8 MP) - Stuns an opponent for a round. Stunned opponents
suffer a -4/-4 penalty and cannot act.

[Malediction=2]Berserk (8 MP) - On a sucessful spell check, the target gains 2
temporary points of STR, and temporary AC equal to STA + (The New) STR added
together. And last but not least, magical attack ability is decreased by 4. This
all lasts for 1d2 rounds.

[Fire=4,Ice=4,Bolt=4,Earth=4] Earthen Bolt of Fiery Ice (36 MP) - An attack of all
4 main elements obliterates a target for 30+rank*6+3d6 damage.

This sheet is mine now. MINE, DO YOU HEAR! To do with as I will... ^_^ <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:10 am

Background:

name: Jackson Myers - age: 29 (technically) - eyes: brown - hair: reddish-brown -
height: 6'4" - weight: 300 lbs

Jackson Myers is the hero formerly known as the Crimson Defender. A premier crimefighter in his realm, he fought injustice at every turn. But, one fateful day, he found himself in the presence of a band of Gaerans, and found them to have "powers" like his. They set off on a quest to rid the world of the evil Jarax, or Selendrile, or something. No one was ever quite sure. The one thing Jackson was sure of was that before the battle was won, Jarax killed him. Quite painfully.

He found himself in a new world. Surprisingly enough, it was the world of Gaera. (Editor's note: Popular demand. Go fig.) He attempted to continue with his superheroic duties, but found he was making more and more of a buffoon of himself. When he found he did not fit in the new world, he descended into a bottle. He dragged himself back out again, and now he helps the simple folk of Doma.

--Basics--
Name: Jackson (or Jack)
Race: Technically Human
Level: 1
XP: 825/1000
Max HP: 80
Max MP: 30
Max TP: 20
Initiative 4+2d6

--Attributes--
Courage +3
Wisdom +1
Intuition +1
Charisma +2
Agility +1
Dexterity +2
Strength +5
Stamina +4
Magic Aptitude: 2

Base AT/PA - 10/10

-=- Leather Coat -=-

--Skills--
Fisticuffs - 4
Light Magic - 4
Enchantment - 1
Journalism - 3
Photojournalism - 2
Painting (s) - 4
The Law (k) - 4
People Skills - 2
Thick Skin(s) - 4
Advanced Parry(s) - 2
Missile Evasion (s) - 2
Flight - 1

--Spells/Techs--

[Innate] Feat of Strength (5 TP) - Jackson can lift an object of up to 1000 pounds for 1 minute.

[Light=1]Eye Blast (10 MP) - Jackson fires ocular energy beams at one enemy. Deals 12+rank*2+1d6 damage to a single target.

[Light=4]Fist Blaster (16 MP) - Jackson fires twin beams from his fists. Deals 16+rank*4+2d6 damage to a single target.

[Light Magic=4,Enchantment=1] Energy Knuckles (X MP/round, X*5 MP/day or X*10 MP) Jackson enchants his fists with the Fist Blaster spell.

[Thick Skin=1, Adv.Parry=1, Miss.Evasion=1] Flex (50% total TP) If an attack's damage is less than 1/8 of Jackson's total HP, he "flexes" to block the attack. GM must reroll to see if attack hits. If it does, the damage originally calculated is incurred.

(Tweaked. Feel free to pick apart.) <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 9/5/04 11:31 pm

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:58 am

I am here to comment on the techs! Please don't hate me.

Feat of Strength: Ow. Change it to perhaps a bonus to the Strength stat? 1000 pounds is obviously an arbitrary number you haven't thought about very much, and being able to totally lift it for 1TP is a bit...no :{

The next three!: Astral Magic isn't laser beams.

The flexy deal: I don't see how flexing would block an attack. Lessen the damage, maybe, but not "Block". Since, uh, shields block because they absorb the damage. And, uh, flexed muscles are part of your body, and part of your body absorbing damage = pain = numbers showing up above your head. Or something.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:26 am

Diran: Alright, Charles. You're making us do this again. But, since you are such a frequent customer, we'll allot you a double feature!

Nagan: We'll start with Layne Cooper, the bored mage. Yes, that's right. His entire character concept revolves around the fact that he has nothing to do. I swear by all that is holy that I am not kidding.

Meldon: Doesn't that mean that he doesn't have anything if he's got something to do?

Diran: Well, he doesn't not have anything if he's got something to do, he's got something to do, and that's a whole lot more something than there would be if he didn't have anything at all.

Meldon: But if he didn't have the something then he'd have the something of not having the something, which is why he doesn't have anything right now.

Diran: We understood that perfectly. DID YOU? Anyway...

Yinnea: Charles, you sweetie, why does your character have no less than two magical weapons at level one, one of which casts spells for free?

Diran: Yes. As for skills, normal magical fare, except he knows Cooking, Quilting, Tying Knots, and Botany.

Nagan: Clearly, he went to the Black Mage And Boy Scout Academy, and got some of his classes mixed up.

Hzar: And. Now. For. The. TECHS.

Fenron: Yawn. Boring. All book stuff. He's lazy. Move on, please.

Diran: Alright, and in this corner, weighing in from 300 pounds, hometown Paragon City, Jackson.....MYERS!

Jinto: Okay, so. A long long time ago in a mysterious realm, he was a crimefighter. Then, inexplicably, he met Gaerans.

Diran: And then he died.

Jinto: And then, inexplicably, he came back in Gaera.

Diran: I'd have sympathy if it didn't make less sense than my crashing into the sea.

Jinto: After finding out that his superhero powers weren't making him popular, he became a drunk.

Diran: And then stopped, to become a superhero again. Clearly, this is the greatest advent in character depth since the Mysterious Cloaked Figure.

Fenron: I will ignore the skills for you, as they're all too inexplicable. Let us move on. To your techs.

Diran: Which are the five dumbest things I have ever seen you put on a character sheet. Our good friend Noam Brodzky has summed most of it up for us.

Jinto: Why do you do this to yourself, man?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: .

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:34 am

... OK, fielding the complaints.

First, fine, fine. I'm going to up the cost on the Feat. ANYONE have a measure of how to do that?

Second, no, astral magic isn't a beam. Traditionally. Anything that says it can't be? Or at least, when the spell is cast, it LOOKS like an energy beam?

Third... you know how hard it is to interpret bulletproof skin in Philsys? It's not even that much of a tech, so just cut me some slack, OK?

Fourth, I'll never make an apology for any of my character backgrounds, so Banj's clown crew can skip it next time.

Fifth, the two magical weapons were acquired in an RP. Ask Div.

And finally, I've never really done anything to myself. I've just been put up to ridicule for simply trying to stay creative. Which really pisses me off. It's easier posting sheets here than finding more webspace, and because of it, every single little flaw in the sheet isn't just critiqued, but insulted. I'm sick of it. Want me to leave? Keep it up. I'm at the end of my patience with you people. <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:50 am

Quote:
Fifth, the two magical weapons were acquired in an RP. Ask Div.

I'm afraid you're going to have to refresh my memory on which RP it was.

As for the bulletproof skin thing..... might be able to help later on that, but a suggestion, PhilSys or not, is to come up with how he got it as part of your backstory. (If it's something inborn, it might be necessary to go further back than the character's own life to explain that.) Throwing in some sort of drawbacks might be necessary as well.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:07 pm

Blood Vengeance, dude.

And more info on CD? Fine fine... if I can find it, I'll dig up his origin story... <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:09 pm

Okay. Time to retry this argument.

Banj: Layne is not level one. He's level 3. Which is clearly stated on the sheet.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A] at: 8/21/04 12:16 pm

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:20 pm

For bulletproof skin, I suggest that you split Thick Skin into several different support skills: [s]Thick Skin, [s]Advanced Parry, and [s]Missile Evasion. [s]Thick Skin would increase natural AC, and the other two would do what they always do. If you think it should give him resistance against magic (doubtful, as that's an aura strength thing), also add [s]Advanced Magic Resistance.

Should he evade because of the latter three, roleplay it as having blocked outright with his semi-imperviousness. If not, the effect is still there but the enemy hit him correctly.

This seems more a passive ability, which would be suggested by support skills. Flex, on the other hand, seems a learned technique. And it's 15 TP! That means he can use it once per day until level 3-4, which makes it pretty ineffective.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:04 pm

"Random Letters and Numbers" makes a good point about the Thick skin deal, and everyone should dispense with a high-five.

Also, at no time did I mean to sound to harsh or hurt anyone's feelings. If I came off as a jerk, please hit me VIA AIM.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:29 am

I was hoping that that was a typo, and that this char had not actually ever been RPed.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:34 am

Mr. Dr. Sir Chuck:

The good Cap'n is correct! Astral magic involves manipulating auras, rather than generic energy beams. I have no idea why they would manifest themselves as energy beams. I suggest just changing it to light magic! Then everyone can be happy and you can have your lasers.

I'm trying really hard to hate the character like Jooie does, but it isn't working. One of his skills is "Fisticuffs". :O <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Springer! He turns into a car and a helicopter, and his primary function is belittling Rodimus Prime.</center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:17 pm

You know...The Pervy stops and ponders.

Why does Jackson have 'super-strength'? It seems to be very tacked on in light of his laser theme. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:35 pm

What self respecting stereotypical ex-superhero doesn't have superstrength?

In other words, it works for the character. ... plus the lasers came after the transferrence to this world, so he had to have something going for him from before... <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:25 pm

So... he mysteriously developed lasers simply by coming to Gaera? Unlike the number other non-laser off-worlders.

Chuck, you're really stretching things here for a character that, in its present form, really has no place in PS. <p>
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:00 pm

Other offworlders came here via semiconventional means. Jackson came here via death, and so what I was hoping to do was reveal WHY he mysteriously had extra powers through some sort of plotted event. <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:54 pm

... I'd like to bring something else up. Jackson's skill Flight.

The skill itself is a basic skill we use in Gaera. However we usually attribute it to someone with wings or some other form of self propulsion. Your character seems to do it by Will. I can't attack that readily, my Jeridan can use a minor levitation ability using several ranks of his chi stuff.

HOWEVER. That's not the problem. The problem IS: In a log of a very recent RP, one of Div's, as well as some accounts I've been given, Jackson can not only fly, but at a high speed, use a full hover, execute manuevers, etc, with this skill. At rank 1.

It takes a wind mage 12 ranks just to get into the air and move at running speed. Does anyone else have a problem with this? <p>
Mrao~!

Jeridan: Holder of the "Tastes like Chicken" Award.

"IM: ....my brother is a baby drinker." ~Ara</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/9/04 9:32 am

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:36 am

And yes, Jason, I have a big problem with the flight deal.

I also find it funny that he tried to beat up this "Jarax" guy just because apparently Jarax was evil. Not because Jarax was trying to do anything. Not because Jarax did stuff. But because he's, uh...supposedly evil.

...Right. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 9/8/04 6:47 am

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:44 am

I concur- A single rank in flight doesn't give one the agility of a fighter plane in the air. At most, it means you can actually levitate and move. Personally, I'd rule that one rank means he knows the absolute BASIC stuff out of the true basics- He perhaps knows that he has the ability, and that's it. He should not have much more than that at rank 1 flight. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:30 pm

Pervy: I see your point.

Doug: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A:] at: 12/9/04 20:28
[/i]

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:10 pm

At least not for free. I could see an MP cost for better flight. But as it stands; given he can use it anywhere without space constrictions that the winged have to worry about, and that he can't be wing hit; I'm leaning toward what Shini says.

Also: Doug makes a good point on backstory. <p>
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 9/8/04 5:12 pm

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:14 am

I think you meant to say "I see Bes's point". :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:30 pm

Greatdave doesn't work anymore, you maroon. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:29 pm

This is true. But I posted that link before the Great Daveaclysm. Tis updated now. Enjoy! <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...

Get in character you. it's rainy and twilightly and shit.

-Vampire Jester Jinx</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Goren Felson! Zombie Thief With Attitude!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:13 pm

Goren Felson
zombie human
86 (appears to be 23)
5'8"
Black hair
Red eyes

Roughly 60 years ago, Goren was a lowly guard at the Doman castle, who was stationed around the kitchen, of all places. He would have minded the posting if it hadn't put him near to Augusta, the beautiful royal chef. One day, as he was shamelessly flirting with her, he slipped on a bit of cooking oil, conked his head on a colander, landed his hand in the cutlery drawer and was impaled on a carving fork.

Goren Felson was dead.

When he woke, he was not in some beautiful afterlife. Or a firefilled one, for that matter. He was in a bed in a hut somewhere... and he heard her humming. Augusta. She was in the next room, stirring a bubbling pot. And then it hit him. The STENCH. Dear gods, it was horrid. He then looked down and realized he'd dropped considerable amounts of weight, both in fat and muscle mass. His skin was starting to get chalky, his mouth was dry and... the worst part... he was starting to imagine himself cracking open Augusta's skull and having a feast.

He ran. He figured Augusta must have been some necromancer or... something. It didn't matter. He was going to stay away from her for a long time. He got himself back into the castle, and talked to the chemist there, using the oddly effective "Not me, but my FRIEND" technique. He gave him an item called a Feratus stone, a kind of bracelet that stayed on your palm. The chemist smiled when he did this, saying his "friend" would find it very handy. He kinda sluffed off the information, and made his way to his commanding officer's office, where he quit. It was amiable, and before he left, he gave the CO a pat on his bare shoulder with the stone. And that's where it clicked.

As he left, he realized he felt... juicy. He couldn't quite place it, but he felt more like his old self. He went down to the slums and touched some bum. Again... juiciness. He did again, to someone else. And he felt whole. He couldn't believe it. He was alive again. He even LOOKED like his old self. But a few hours later, he was starting to shrivel up again. The cravings came back. The stone was the only thing keeping him human.

He decided to limit human contact. Stay away from people until he needed to ... use them. Every few days, he would go into town, take from a few people, and leave again. After a few years, he got pretty good at going undetected (save for a few pitchfork/torch/farm implement wielding townsfolk every now and again.) And he even started taking THINGS from people too. You know, to pay for things. He always wanted a cabin in the woods... and anyways, nowadays, he's got it. Got the money for tools and land and everything. And today, he's going into town. Probably going to have something exciting happen to him. Ya never know...

I wonder how Augusta is doing...

Stats/Equipment:

Courage: +2
Wisdom: +3
Intuition: +3
Charisma: -1
Agility: +4
Dexterity: +4
Strength: +3
Stamina: +3
Magic Aptitude: 3

Level 3
HP: 58/81
MP: 67/67
TP: 31
Initiative: 4 + 2d6
XP: 240/1500

Base AT/PA: 13/13
Modified for armor: 13/12
Modified for weapon: 12/12

Body=Studded Leather Vest (AC 6)

Weapon=Demon's Handaxe (10/13/19, -1/-1)

MAtk: 9
MBlk: 16
MisEv: 21

Swords - 5
Axes - 6
[s]Logging - 4 {Str/Wis}
Thievery - 5 {Agi}
Lifeforce Theft - 6 {Mag}
Climbing - 4 {Agi/Str/Int}
[k]Architecture - 4 {Wis}
[s]Carpentry - 2 {Dex}
[k]Interior Design - 4 {Wis}
Stealth - 5 {Dex}
Disguise - 3 {Wis}

Techniques:

[Innate] Perfume (0 TP) - Goren attempts to mask his corpsely odor, getting a second chance at any failed CHA check.
[Axes=4] Axethrow (8 TP) - Goren hurls his axe at an opponent, substituting his Axes skill for a Thrown Weapons skill, with the axe dealing 18+Str*2+1d8 damage. Accuracy is Agi+Dex*2-6.
[Axes=5] Hack and Slash (4 TP) - Goren gets an extra attack for every use (4 TP gets 1 extra attack, 8 TP gets 2, etc.).
[Lifeforce Theft] Rob (3 MP) - Goren steals the lifeforce of a living creature. Deals 12+Dex+2d6 damage, and grants half the lost HP to Goren.
[Lifeforce Theft=3] Loot (15 MP) - Goren steals more lifeforce from a living creature. Deals 24 + (Dex*2) + 3d6, and grants half the lost HP to Goren.
[Lifeforce Theft=5] Deplete (25 MP) - Goren steals mystical essence. He takes 12+Dex+2d6 damage from a corporeal subject's MP and adds it to his HP, or the equivalent HP from a noncorporeal entity.
Last edited by KingOfDoma on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Jak Snide

Re: Goren Felson! Zombie Thief With Attitude!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:49 am

Righty, I've given this a look over and, while the concept is sound, you need to do some work on Goren here.

Firstly, you need to be alot more specific about the nature of his undeath. You can try to leave it mysterious, but any GM is going to have a headache if he doesn't know how it works. You also need to explain his life draining alot better: does the stone he was given unlock some magical potential in him or is it entirely responsible for it? If the latter, he shouldn't have any magical aptitude; the Life Draining skill should be TP based. You also need to detail what the minor, appearance restoring life drain does to people (perhaps even make a tech out of it), what affect not touching up his appearance with a drain has on his stats and so on. Less vague, more detail.

Now, thieving, disguise and interior decor don't need techs. The first two can be done with simple skill rolls since they're very specific skills, and the third will just allow the GM to give Goran information about the subject. You also need to explain how he picked it up, or if it's just something he's naturally good at. Oh, and [s] and [k] skills cost 1/2 a skill point per rank, so you've got some more points to spend. Probably on guard knowledge, even if outdated. He'd probably have alot of general knowledge about Doma, seeing how he's been around for a while, and his wisdom might be a little higher.

Now, as for "Run", scrap it. It's a needless tech which represents him scarpering as fast as he can. His agility and ranks in stealth will cover all actions which fall under that umbrella.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

*prepares for the Archmage to eat this for breakfast*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 am

Basics:

Name: Bulworth
Race: Minotaur
Birthdate: Unknown
Height: 7'4"
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Blue
Horns: Ivory

Background:

Technically, the king and queen of Doma are Bulworth's parents. Their copulation brought him into this world. Sure, it was because the high levels of magical energy unleashed opened a wormhole through which he fell through as a child, but how else can you put it?

Sort of left on his own, Bulworth sort of just fell into going to school, and did as well as could be expected. He didn't attend university, but got a good job at a quarry, swinging his hammer.

But, he eventually got that wanderlust that many of Doma get, and began to ply his trade at mercenary work. And, of course, he was quite good at it...

Stats/Equipment:

Level:
XP: 50/1250
Max HP: 83
Max TP: 25
Initiative 8 + 2d6

Courage: +4
Wisdom: +2
Intuition: +2
Charisma: +2
Agility: +3
Dexterity: +2
Strength: +4
Stamina: +4

Base AT/PA - 16/16
Modified for skill - 18/18
Modified for equipment - 15/14

Warhammer, Hide Armor, Hide Bracers

Weapon Damage - Warhammer
Light - 16+2d6
Medium - 25+2d4
Heavy - 38+2d6

Skills:

Hammers/Axes - 5
Masonry - 5
[k]Calligraphy - 2
[k]Stone Scuplture - 4
[k]Wood Sculpture -2
Swords - 2
Carpentry - 1
Structural Analysis - 4
[k]Metallurgy - 4
Brawling - 4
[k]Ballroom Dancing - 4
[s]Acute Scent - 4

Spells/Techs:

[Brawling=1] Gore (4 TP) - Bulworth charges an enemy and stabs him with a horn for (Brawling Rank) + STR*4 + 2d6 damage in addition to a normal attack.
[Hammers/Axes=3] Hammerspin (8 TP) - Bulworth spins his hammer once, striking a maximum of 3 enemies for normal heavy damage.
[Hammers/Axes=4] Lob Strike (4 TP) - Bulworth strikes an enemy (of no more than 300 lbs) out of the immediate area of action, stunning them and delaying their action for 1d2 turns. Heavy damage is taken at -6 AT.
[Hammers/Axes=5] Hammer Throw (5 TP) - Bulworth hurls his hammer at an enemy up to 18 hexes (25 metres/42 feet) away for heavy damage. Flying enemies must take additonal damage for falling. Bulworth must take a turn to recover his weapon. <p>--------------------
Remember, even God has a sense of humour. Just look at the platypus.

-Kevin Smith</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/19/05 0:29

Archmage144

Re: *prepares for the Archmage to eat this for breakfast*

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:24 pm

I had breakfast already, thank you. <p>

</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

KoD v2.0!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:41 pm

Courage +4
Wisdom +3
Intuition +2
Charisma +1
Agility +2
Dexterity +1
Strength +3
Stamina +3
Magic Aptitude 2

Init: 6+2d6 (8-18)
Base AT/PA: 11/11

Short Sword(2), Shielded Garment, Turban (Pot Helmet)

Water Magic - 4
Aquakinesis - 3
Swords - 3
Martial Arts - 2
Earth Magic - 2
Survival(k) - 1
Tactics(k) - 4
Ettiquette (royalty)(k) - 4
Diplomacy (s) - 2
Leadership Skills (s) - 4
Double Weapons (s) - 4
Doman History (k) - 4
Doman Politics (k) - 4
World History (k) - 3
World Politics (k) - 4
Phtographic Memory (s) - 4

[Water=1]Water (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 water damage to a single target. Multiple targets can be acquired if damage is divided by amount of enemy targets.

[Water=4]Watera (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 water damage to a single target. Multiple targets can be acquired if damage is divided by amount of enemy targets.

[Earth=1]Quake 1 (5 MP) - Does 10+rank*2+1d6 earth damage to a single target.

[Water=3, Earth=2] Tsunami - (9 MP) Does 12+rank*3+2d6 earth and water damage to 1 target. Multiple targets can be acquired if damage is divided by amount of enemy targets. Flying enemies only take 8+rank*2+1d6, and said damage is divided between them if there are more than one.

[Aquakinesis=1] Soak - (1 TP, 3 MP) Move an existing source of water (rank*5) feet. Can water plants or make a floor slick.

<span style="color:red;">If any of you entertain thoughts of this being done, YOU'RE ON CRACK. Still gotta make it Philsys <s>2.0</s> 0.87 compatible, and level it up four times, AND check the math... so shush on it till then, K?</span> <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/13/06 22:42

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Quillan Rose

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:15 pm

Basics:

Name: Quillan Rose
RPer: KingofDoma
Race: Half-elf
Height: 6'2"
Eye color: Bright, almost nuclear green
Hair color: Platinum blonde

Background:

Child of Annie Rose and the grey elf Koravel. Has loving tolerance for his family (though it varies in intensity from person to person), disdain for his "fathers" Bill McCutcheon and Elan Il Bast, and a near-normal relationship with his pseudo-cousin, Nadymma. Is about to head off to Gunnir for magical training, but his love for reading has taught him a few tricks already...

Stats/Equipment:

XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 60
Max MP: 75
Max TP: 22
Initiative 5 + 2d6

Courage: +3
Wisdom: +3
Intuition: +4
Charisma: 0
Dexterity: +3
Strength: 0
Stamina: +1
Magic Aptitude: 4

Base AT/PA - 10/10
Modified for skill - {Base + part of skill value/base + remaining skill value}
Modified for equipment - {mod for skill +/- equipment penalties/mod for skill +/- equipment penalties}
MAttack - 11
MBlock - 20

Skills:

Holy Magic - 4 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Shadow Magic - 3 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Benediction - 3 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Malediction - 2 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Whip - 3 <Cou/Dex/Agi>
Dagger - 2 <Cou/Dex/Agi>
[s]Detective(Observant) - 3 <Int>
[s]Confidence - 2 <Cou>
[k]Doman History - 2 <Int>
[k]Elven History - 3 <Int>
[k]Dwarven History - 3 <int>
[k]Basic Magic Theory - 4 <int>
[k]Advanced Mathematics - 4 <int>
[k]Humanoid Anatomy - 4 <int>

Spells/Techs:

[Holy=1]Beam (6 MP) - Deals 6+rank*2+1d6 holy damage to a single target.
[Holy=4]Beam 2 (15 MP) - Deals 14+rank*4+2d6 holy damage to a single target.
[Shadow=1]Negatis (8 MP) - Deals 8+rank*2+1d6 shadow damage to a single target.
[Shadow=3]Drain (10 MP) - Deals 6+rank+1d6 points of shadow damage, which is then absorbed by the caster as HP. Using this against undead creatures reverses the effect.
[Benediction=2]Restore Vision (6 MP) - Cures blindness to those who have been made blind by magical effects or spells. Does not cure blindness caused by injuries or other causes (this cannot restore sight to one who is missing their eyes, for example).
[Benediction=3]Calm Mind (7 MP) - Cures berserked condition and may also cure confusion.
[Malediction=1]Cramp (8 MP) - Stuns an opponent for a round. Stunned opponents suffer a -4/-4 penalty and cannot act.
[Malediction=1]Blind (8 MP)
[Malediction=2]Hamper (8 MP) - Reduces an opponent's MAG stat by 1 for d3 rounds.
[Malediction=2]Internal Bleed (8 MP) - A minor internal cut will be caused in the opponent (provided they have internal organs) and cause d3 damage each turn. Any cure spell will heal it. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Kae'Oss Tymisonn

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:15 pm

Basics:

Name: Kae'Oss Tymisonn
Race: Human
Birthdate: Unknown
Height: 5'11"
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black

Background:

Kae'Oss has a checkered, mostly sour past. He was born to Rai'm Tymisonn and an unknown other, in the heart of Doma City. Mostly ignored by his mother and raised by his loving, but less-than-accepting uncle and aunt. (His next-to-psychotic cousins were no help either.) As he grew, he felt a sense of isolation from the family he barely knew, and didn't feel a part of. And like most kids like that, it turned him away from them and to crime.

Although never a member of an official gang, he stuck mostly to the street, only coming "home" for food and to occasionally rob them of a few gil. He loved his drink, and it loved him back. Eventually it led him to a bar with his cousin Jenna, and in a drunken rage, he beat her black and blue.

Enraged, his uncle Daenj'r cast a spell on him that forced him to stay away from his family or experience great pain. It was abused by his family members by them (and one person in particular) seeking him out, forcing the pain upon him.

This drove him to his limit.

He gathered together some of his inujin friends and came up with a plot to kidnap and torture his entire family. It nearly worked, if not for the intervention of his mother at the last moment to save them all. Including Kae'Oss.

For his crime, he was sent to prison for months. But thankfully, his regret and sadness translated to good behaviour in the joint, and he was set free early. But he knew he had to make up with his family, whether or not they ever accepted him again. It was just something he had to do...

Stats/Equipment:

XP: 200/1000
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 50
Max TP: 22
Initiative 4 + 2d6
MAttack: 7
MBlock: 17
MisEv: 17

Courage: +2
Wisdom: +1
Intuition: +3
Charisma: +1
Agility: +2
Dexterity: +2
Strength: +4
Stamina: +2
Magic Aptitude: 3

Base AT/PA - 11/11

Equipment:

Fighting Gi (Heavy Robes), Nunchaku, Heavy Dagger, Leather Bracers

Skills:

Ice Magic - 2
Benediction Magic - 2
Malediction Magic - 3
Shadow Magic - 5
Bareknuckle Fighting - 4
Daggers - 3
Nunchaku - 3
Tactics[s] (Cou/Wis/Int) - 4
Outdoor Survival[s] (Int) - 2
Urban Survival[s] (Int/Cou) - 2
Drawing[k] (Dex/Dex) - 3
Observation[s] (Wis) - 3

Spells/Techs:

[Innate]Luckout (2 TP) - Kae'Oss does a bizarre ritual, which could result in anything...
[Nunchaku=1] Fancy Swing (5 TP) - Kae's crazy nunchaku swings distract the target, and he scores a hit, disregarding a defensive roll.
[Daggers=2] Deadly Pounce (3 TP/rd) - Kae jumps an enemy and stays on him, stabbing him once per round, disregarding a defensive roll (past the initial roll), and the target and Kae cannot act otherwise until Kae wishes it, or the target succeeds in a STR check.
[Knuckles=2] Triple Strike (4 TP/strike) - Kae puts in multiple punches to a target. Each strike costs 4 TP.
[Ice=1]Ice 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 ice damage to a single target.
[Shadow=1]Shadowstrike (8 MP) - Deals 8+rank*2+1d6 shadow damage to a single target.
[Shadow=4]Super Shadowstrike (12 MP) - Deals 12+rank*4+2d6 shadow damage to a single target.
[Malediction=1]Cramp (8 MP) - Stuns an opponent for a round. Stunned opponents suffer a -4/-4 penalty and cannot act.
[Malediction=3]Invert (12 MP) - Reverses the effect of any benedictive spell/potion/artifact until the effects are dispelled or wear off.
[Benediction=1]Purify (5 MP) - Cures poisoning. The maximum amount of levels of poison that this can cure is equal to Healing Rank/2, with a minimum of 1. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/23/06 23:52

NamagomiMk0

Yes, the Asshole PS Nerd strikes again

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:20 pm

Right, so just analyzing this, there's a few things that stick out to me, but I might as well do a full statistical critique, just in case.

You actually have spent a total of 20, not 21 points. As a result, you have a spare point to spend. I would suggest doing so and adjusting stats accordingly.

As much as I'd like to end the critique there, there are a number of significant issues with the sheet. I do not know whether they have to do with simply doing some of the skillwork when tired, or just plain laziness. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant to hit 4 on Shadow magic--which would explain both the 5 in that on a freshly-created character and the excess skillpoint. The [s] and [k] skills, though...ugh. Any [k] skill is <WIS>, and no matter how you protest, drawing is not a [k] skill--I'd argue that it would fall under any of the "Craft" skills--which are normal cost. [s]Observation is <INT>, Tactics and Survival are [k] skills.

You incidentally have not listed applied skill and equipment mods for each of the weapons. This DOES matter, as one can (only permanently; they can't be shifted) place points in either AT or PA through such skills--something I will note later. Likewise, for the sake of the GMs, please post your equipment stats.

And now for the techs--uh, what? You've GOT to be kidding me here. The spells are fine--standard Spellbook fare there, save for Invert, which is interesting to say the least. I'd advise that Invert would be against either the target's MBLK or the MATK score of the effect, whichever is higher. Seems to be a bit higher than it is, but that may just be me. However...the weapon techs. My brain hurts. A lot. I'll let Fancy Swing slide with a cost increase, but the one that really irks me is the misnamed "Triple Strike." This isn't exactly "triple strike" as much as it is "god-knows-how-many-hits" strike. There's a specific reason the "hit-increaser" techniques specify ONE extra attack. The potential damage increase is just far too high. Too much gain for too little cost, really, even if he does end up expending all his TP in one shot. There's no real reason for Savage Pounce to be necessary as a tech at all--read up on the grappling rules in the Wiki.

So, yeah. You have things to fix. I suggest you fix them before including your character in a PS RP. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Yes, the Asshole PS Nerd strikes again

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:41 pm

I already did, which is probably the reason why there are the errors. I really did slap this puppy together in the course of 15-20 minutes. I shall fix it up now. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Arrin O'Gellen (WIP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:18 am

Basics:

Name: Arrin O'Gellen
Race: Human
Birthdate: Numius, Tunara 12, 1272
Height: 5'5"
Eye color: Red
Hair color: Reddish-Blonde

Background:

Future pirate.

Stats/Equipment:

XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 60
Max MP: 45
Max TP: 28
Initiative: 6 + 2d6
MAtK: 7
MBlock: 20
MisEv: 20

Courage: +3
Wisdom: +1
Intuition: +4
Charisma: +2
Dexterity: +3
Strength: +1
Stamina: +3
Magic Aptitude: 2

Base AT/PA - 13/13
Modified for skill - {Base + part of skill value/base + remaining skill value}
Modified for equipment - {mod for skill +/- equipment penalties/mod for skill +/- equipment penalties}

Leather Shirt

Weapon Damage - Blood Sabre (Sabre)
Light - 7
Medium - 9
Heavy - 12

Weapon Damage - Blood Dagger (Throwing Knife)
ACC=15
Damage=9+2d4

Weapon Damage - Blood Whip
Light - 4
Medium - 7
Heavy - 10

Skills:

Hemokinesis (Mag/Wis/Int) - 4
Swords (Cou/Agi/Dex) - 4
Thrown Weapons (Dex) - 3
Boat Piloting (Int/Int/Wis) - 1
First Aid (Int/Dex/Dex) - 3
Cooking - 2
Stealth - 4
Observant - 2
[s]Chemistry - 2
[s]Human Anatomy - 4
[k]Calligraphy - 3
[k]History of Combat - 1
[k] Sailing (Wis) - 4

Spells/Techs:

[Innate]Psionics - Things noted on Arrin's sheet as magic, such as MAG or MATK are actually psionic in nature. This is not intended to cause confusion. His aura looks slightly different from a mage's, and his abilities are not precisely magical. However, for the sake of balance and consistency, terms used for magic will be applied on his sheet.
[Hemo=1] Blood Weapon (2 TP, 5 HP) - Using a sharpened fingernail, Arrin slices open his hand, and creates one of the weapons shown above, or 5 darts. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/28/06 2:20

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Arrin O'Gellen (WIP)

Unread postby Kai » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:20 pm

I remember we discussed a sliding MP/HP cost for spells using his blood depending on what he was creating. A few darts will likely be less taxing for him (in terms of energy and health) than a saber would. Even a whip would take a great deal of blood to create. This also applies to what we discussed about armor.

I don't remember the precise figures, and as this was pre-AIM 6.0, you likely don't have a log of it either. But I think that his blood weapon tech should be a spell that costs him MP instead of TP. HP cost is fine.

Weapons he can conjure should likely be scaled by rank as well; I forget whether we talked about that. So at rank 1 he can create throwable darts, rank 2 a whip, and rank 4 a saber. Considering he still needs a skill to use all of these things, I don't think the rank prereqs should be any higher than that. Maybe at rank 6 he can start creating armor.

Creating things from his own blood is an awesome idea and I'm interested to see how this sheet actually ends up looking. I just wanted you to be aware that he's likely going to need a different spell with different MP costs for everything he creates.

Side note: Yay for the psionics disclaimer!

Ideas for other spells/techs/Irish folk dances:

Since part of his schtick is that he achieves supernatural effects with his blood, it wouldn't be unreasonable in my mind for him to be able to do things like minor healing, for example. Get those platelets a-movin'.

Now, I'm well aware that he needs the blood to be out and exposed in order to use it, but I wanted to state it before anybody came into the thread and wanted to know why he didn't just blow people up from the inside by fucking with their blood. However! Other damaging effects he could accomplish:

-Decompression sickness, something he'd potentially be familiar with as a sailor. Divers get it. This causes inert gases (mainly nitrogen), normally dissolved in body fluids and tissues, to come out of physical solution and form gaseous bubbles. Bubbles in your blood suck. This could cause all kinds of problems depending on his hemokinesis rank, how well he rolls, or how much MP he's willing to pay.

-Hemophilia, the reverse of how he'd be able to do the healing things. Arrin casts this spell one round, and then for rank rounds afterward, opponents end up suffering damage over time from normal melee attacks just because they can't seem to stop bleeding.

These two might be best mixed with malediction, the classic debuff school, but particulars can be sorted out later. I just wanted to share a couple of ideas I'd had. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/28/06 20:21

Previous

Return to Character Closet