A request, an odd one...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

A request, an odd one...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:24 pm

Well folks, I am in need of some assistance.

A while ago, my computer... well, died. I thought it was just the power supply unit, but it turned out being that AND my hard drive.

So, we had to get a new one. Which means all the PS sheets I never got around to posting are POOFY POOF.

Now, luckily, I'm a sharing kinda guy. Which means I sent some of you said sheets just to see if you thought they were good. So, if I sent you any of the following 3 char's sheets, please submit them here.

And pray THIS HD doesn't pift out too...

THE CHARS:

Jansen Cade

Sarra Xunzi

Layne Cooper

Thank you for your help. <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"

"Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" - Ralph Wiggum

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>

Divinegon2130

Re: A request, an odd one...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:10 am

Here's the most up-to-date one I have on Layne Cooper.

Background:
name: Layne Cooper - age: 15 - eyes: blue - hair: black - height: 6'4"

There is nothing wrong with Layne Cooper. Absolutely nothing. He's well rounded,
has a good family that loves him (and actually has money), and he's not
depressed in any way. He saw no ancient evils or sibling killing/kidnapping
murderers in his youth. He's still got all 3 of his brothers. He always got good
grades in school, and he never got bullied. Heck, he was the valedictorian of
Tymisonn High.

... OK, so there's one thing wrong with him.

He's bored.

All his life has been handed to him on a silver platter. Nothing has been a
challenge. Well, except for the black mage's academy he just graduated from. And
the adventures he's about to embark upon.

... I... did mention that, right?

--Basics--
Name: Layne
RPer: KingOfDoma
Race: doman human

--Attributes--
Courage +4
Wisdom +4
Intuition +3
Charisma +2
Agility +2
Dexterity +2
Strength +1
Stamina +3
Magic Aptitude: 4

Level: 3
Experience: 175/1500
69 HP
85 MP
29 TP
Initiative - 6+2d6 (8-18)
AT/PA = 10/10

-=- Robin Hood Hat, Mage's Robe, Staff -=-

AT/PA Modified for Skill = 12/10
AT/PA Modified for Armor = 12/10
Final AT/PA = 10/9

Quarterstaff Damage (3/5/8)
-Thrust 4+1d6
-Swing 7+2d4
-Bash 11+2d6

Flame Dagger (4/7/9, +1/-1 AT/PA, deals 5+1d6 bonus fire damage) (rank for AT)

Darkness Sword (11/15/21, +0/-1 AT/PA, can cast Negatis 2 once per day (MAtk 27, 38+2d6 damage, manifests as a

cloud of ghoulish spirits))

AC = 4 (Body); 2 (Head)

--Skills--
Fire Magic - 6
Ice Magic - 7
Lightning Magic - 6
Earth Magic - 6
Water Magic - 6
Malediction - 4
Staves - 2
Daggers - 1
[k]Human Anatomy - 4
[k]Botany - 4
[s]Knot Tying - 4
[s]Quilting - 4
[s]Cooking -4

--Spells/Techs--

[Fire=1]Fire 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Fire=4]Fire 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Fire=4]Fireball (29 MP) - Does 10+rank*2+3d6 fire damage to all within a 10 foot radius of the target.

[Ice=1]Ice 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 ice damage to a single target.

[Ice=4]Ice 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 ice damage to a single target.

[Ice=6]Ice Wall (28 MP) - Layne conjures up a wall of ice in front of him. This provides a +8 bonus to his PA

for 1d6 rounds or until Layne is subject to a fire attack.

[Lit=1]Lit 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 electric damage to a single target.

[Lit=4]Lit 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 electric damage to a single target.

[Lit=4]Blitz (10 MP) - Does 5+rank*2+1d6 electric damage to targets within a 120 degree arc in front the

caster.

[Water=1]Aqua 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 water damage to a single target.

[Water=4]Aqua 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 water damage to a single target.

[Water=4]Wave 1 (10 MP) - Does 5+rank*2+1d6 water damage to targets withina 5 foot corrior in front of the

caster.

[Earth=1]Quake 1 (5 MP) - Does 10+rank*2+1d6 earth damage to a single target.

[Earth=4]Quake 2 (12 MP) - Does 14+rank*4+2d6 earth damage to a single target.

[Fire=3]Ignite (10 MP) - Sets a target ablaze. These flames persist until the
target "stops, drops, and rolls" (a standard action) or is doused by water or
large quantities of dirt/mud. These flames deal 12+1d6 points of damage each
round.

[Lit=3]Static Pulse (12 MP) - Deals 10+rank*3+1d6 points of damage plus 30+2d6
points of subdual damage (this cannot kill, but if it is enough that it WOULD
drop an opponent below 0 health, were it regular damage, they are knocked
unconscious).

[Malediction=1]Cramp (8 MP) - Stuns an opponent for a round. Stunned opponents
suffer a -4/-4 penalty and cannot act.

[Malediction=2]Berserk (8 MP) - On a sucessful spell check, the target gains 2
temporary points of STR, and temporary AC equal to STA + (The New) STR added
together. And last but not least, magical attack ability is decreased by 4. This
all lasts for 1d2 rounds.

[Fire=4,Ice=4,Bolt=4,Earth=4] Earthen Bolt of Fiery Ice (36 MP) - An attack of all
4 main elements obliterates a target for 30+rank*6+3d6 damage. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:43 pm

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background:

name: Jansen Arvin Cade - age: 27 - eyes: Green - hair: Red -
height: 6'0"

Jansen Cade is a wandering bounty hunter. You heard him. BOUNTY HUNTER. He doesn't take merc jobs. He's a bounty only kind of guy. Ever since he left his home in Baron, he's wanted this life. To roam, to catch criminals (or whoever), and to be his own man. That life eventually led him to the country of Valth, were he fell in love with their weapons. Now he wields their guns as his travels across Igala continue.

------Basics------
Name: Jansen Cade
Race: Human

------Attributes------
Courage +3
Wisdom +1
Intuition +4
Charisma 0
Agility +3
Dexterity +4
Strength +2
Stamina +2z

-=- Mythril Shotgun, Heavy Pistol, Dagger, Hatchet, 5 Smoke Bombs, Leather Longcoat -=-

-------Skills-------
Firearms - 5
Daggers - 2
Stealth(s) - 4
Terrain Familiarity(k) - 4
Barefists/Gloves - 2
Trap Knowledge(k) - 4
Monster/Enemy Knowledge(k) - 4
Drinking - 2

------Abilities-----

{Firearms -4} Quickdraw (2 TP)
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp At the beginning of battle, Jansen will quickly fire off his pistol at a random target with -2 to hit.

{Stealth -2} Stealth Attack (4 TP) -
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Jansen will slip out of battle for one turn, and return and attacks one target from behind.

{Trap Knowledge -1} Study (0 TP)
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Jansen will study a trap and has a 1/3 chance of recognizing it and knowing how best to get out of it.

{Innate} Mug (1 TP)
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Jansen mugs an enemy and then fires upon it with it his pistol.

{Monster/Enemy Knowledge -1} Recognize (0 TP)
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Jansen has a 1/5 chance of recognizing the enemy and having a plan of attack, except in the case of gelatinous cubes. He knows them well...

<p>
*lurks*

Warning: The previous was a work of Chaos. Anything said above was written by a certified nut. Caution is advised

MY head, Dia!!! eVe</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:31 pm

Oh. If KoD's sheet is kicking around on your HD, get me that too, if you could. It needs to be MAJORLY reworked. <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

*just uses this for his own darn sheet thread*

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:54 pm

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background:

name: Jansen Arvin Cade - age: 27 - eyes: Green - hair: Red -

Jansen Cade is a wandering bounty hunter. You heard him. BOUNTY HUNTER. He doesn't take merc jobs. He's a bounty only kind of guy. Ever since he left his home in Baron, he's wanted this life. To roam, to catch criminals (or whoever), and to be his own man. That life eventually led him to the country of Valth, were he fell in love with their weapons. Now he wields their guns as his travels across Igala continue.

------Basics------
Name: Jansen Cade

------Attributes------
Courage +3
Wisdom +1
Intuition +4
Charisma 0
Agility +3
Dexterity +4
Strength +2
Stamina +2
Magic Aptitude +2

Level 1
XP: 0/1000
65 HP
45 MP
25 TP
Init: 6+2d6 (8-18)
Base AT/PA: 14/14
W/ Firearms: 16/17
W/ Daggers: 16/14
W/ Fists: 14/16

-=- KWR-VDW2 Shortbarrel Shotgun, VWR-CR-K82 Heavy Pistol, ammo for 5 reloads of each weapon, Dagger, Hatchet, 5 chauvine krauza (smoke bombs), Leather Longcoat, 750 gil-=-

-------Skills-------
Firearms - 4
Daggers - 3
Stealth(s) - 4
Terrain Familiarity(k) - 4
Barefists/Gloves - 2
Trap Knowledge(k) - 4
Monster/Enemy Knowledge(k) - 4
Drinking - 2

------Abilities-----

{Firearms -4} Quickdraw (2 TP)
At the beginning of every battle, unless surprised, Jansen will quickly fire off his pistol at a random target with -2 to hit.

{Stealth -2} Stealth Attack (4 TP) -
Jansen will slip out of battle for one turn (with a [Skill*3+50]% chance of success), return and surprise one target with an attack.

{Firearms=3} Quick Reload (2 TP)
Jansen reloads a weapon without taking a turn to do so.

{Firearms=3} Double Shot (3 TP)
Jansen fires twice with either weapon at an enemy, at -3 AT.

{Firearms=4} Headshot (6 TP)
Jansen takes careful aim, and does double damage with one bullet. <p>--------------------

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/24/05 22:57

Raishilliah

Re: *just uses this for his own darn sheet thread*

Unread postby Raishilliah » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:11 pm

Hey KoD?

-------Skills-------
Firearms - 5
Problem. To my understanding, no skill can be above a 4 at level one. <p>

l33tPenguinePimp: I'm going to try to make a bread bowl.
KnightsofSquare: Good luck.
KnightsofSquare: I can't even make a bread play ping pong.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:21 pm

... shoot. *edits* <p>--------------------

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:53 pm

Background:

name: Kobakk Dorland - age: 21 - eyes: blue - hair: black -
height: 6'1" -

Rebecca and Andrew Dorland heard a sound at the door. It somehow penetrated the noise the rain made as it pummeled the Baronian earth beneath their home. Rebecca almost didn't want to answer it. Who would be calling at such a late hour? Andrew eased her fears, and answered the knock. But the knocker would not answer back. For she was dead.

The green corpse lay bleeding on the Dorland's doorstep, another male corpse not far behind. The female orc used her last ounce of strength to make some sort of noise on the door. For in her arms lay a basket. In the basket lay a squirming blanket, and Andrew knew at once that this blanket, this blessed package, was delivered at the expense of the orc woman's life.

At the expense of his mother's life.

The paper underneath the child said Kobakk. And what could the Dorlands do but raise him? They had too much love in their hearts to do anything else. Soon, Kobakk was doing surprisingly well in school, getting good grades and even winning over some friends at his school. Kobakk got some brothers and sisters as things progressed, and they looked up to him as their powerful big brother.

Then, on his graduation night, he saw a girl being attacked by her date. And he put him through a wall.

It was that simple. The boy was assaulting her, and he stopped him. He wasn't even permanently harmed. But it helped Kobakk realize something.

All his life he'd been thinking he was Baronian. But he had forgotten he was an orc. The instinct of Indari had been forgotten in him.

He decided to put his strength to good use. He joined the Knight's Academy of Baron and graduated with honors. But something was missing. He felt as if guard duty was all they'd let him do. So, he put in for a journeyman's pass.

And now... he journeys...

--Basics--
Name: Kobakk
Race: orc

--Attributes--
Courage +4
Wisdom +3
Intuition +1
Charisma +2
Agility +1
Dexterity +2
Strength +6
Stamina +4

Level 1
HP: 70
TP: 31
Base AT/PA = 11/11
Modified for Swords or Axes = 9/9
Modified for armor = 11/10
MBlock = 19
MisEv = 13
Initiative = 3+2d6 (5-15)

-=- Ondeko-Bachi AKA Swak, Chainmail (AC 10), Armored Gauntlets (AC 10) -=-

Weapon - Ondeko-bachi (Swak)
Light - 15+1d6
Medium - 22+2d4
Heavy - 27+2d6

--Skills--
Swords - 3
Axes - 3
Knives/Daggers - 2
Maces - 4
Ondeko-Bachi - 4
Hunting - 4
Intimidation [Cou/Cou/Int] - 1
Shields - 2
[k]Baronian Knight Training - 4
[k]Trilingualism(Common, Orkish and Rivan) - 4
[k]Chess - 1

--Spells/Techs--

[Hunting=1] Hunt (0 TP) - Using the information around him, Kobakk can track any creature either back to its lair, or forward to where it is.

[Ondeko-Bachi=4] Bonecracker (12 TP) - Assuming the enemy has bones, Kobakk uses his large weapon to shatter the bones of his enemies. Roll normally to see if Kobakk connects, and roll a d20 for area of damage. 1-5=arm, 6-10=leg, 7-19=rib, 20=neck. Normal smashing damage is incurred in addition to the effect of the bone break. If he breaks an arm, AT goes down by 2. If he breaks a leg, AGI goes down by 2. If he breaks a rib, 1d6 damage is dealt to the enemy each turn. If he breaks the enemy's neck, permanent paralysis is incurred.

[BKT=2] Guard - (1 TP) Kobakk gains +4 to his PA for 1 turn.

[BKT=3] Cover - (0 TP) As all knights are trained to do, Kobakk stands in the path of any physical attack aimed at an ally with a penalty incurred due to lack of corporeal strength, and will continue to do so until they lose said penalty, or he reaches O HP.

[Innate] Indari's Blessing (14 TP) - With a maddening rush of power, Kobakk turns to darkness and in a flash, attacks all enemies twice with 2/3 of his normal strength.

[Innate] Berserk (5 TP) - The inner beast that lies within all orcs is awakened within Kobakk, driving him mad and increasing his STR and STA by +4, but reducing his WIS and INT by -2 and forcing him to do nothing but attack the enemy at random for the rest of battle.

[Innate] Break Berserk (0 TP) - Gives Kobakk a chance to break berserk status by sheer strength of will. 5% chance. Use percentile dice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Risus sheet!

Kobakk Dorland

Description: Orc knight from Baron. Torn between human values of honor and violent urges of his genetics. Likes chess.

Knighthood (4), Linguist [Orcish, Rivan, Common] (3), Intimidation (2), Chess (1)
Last edited by KingOfDoma on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:14 pm

Quick Stats:

Cardinal (KingofDoma) - Lvl 4 - 74 HP, 98 MP, 35 TP

Background:

name: Cardinal - age: 24 - eyes: brown - hair: light blue - height: 6'2''

(The following in paretheses is not, by any means, public knowledge. At current count, three people, including Cardinal, are aware of these facts:

Cardinal, born Salvador Messiah (pronounced meh-SEE-ya), was born to Paolo and Maria Messiah in the year 1465, in Madrid, Spain. He grew up with his parents, and two siblings, Esperanza and Juan, in the heart of where the Spanish Inquisitions were taking place. Salvador, innocently, felt a call to become a steward of God, and set himself to the task of becoming a priest. At 15, he was simply an altar boy in a local parish, but one day a powerful cardinal named Tomás de Torquemada. Salvador unknowingly wowed him with his biblical knowledge, and within a year, Salvador, in an unprecedented move, was made a priest, one of the youngest known.

In 1483, Torquemada became Inquisitor General, and Salvador was right there next to him, naively believing that the “work” the Church was doing was ordained by God. But, two years later, the Church came to believe that Salvador’s siblings were heretics, to be brought in. It took some convincing (Torquemada promised a fast track to cardinalhood and assured him that there were no way the charges were true, but they should be confirmed), but the young priest led them to his brother and sister, who had been living with the Roma people and calling the Inquisition evil. They were tortured (to no avail), and they were convicted as heretics, and sentenced to the flame. Salvador was ordered to set them ablaze, to show his faith and trust in God. But, all he saw were his brother and sister, begging him with their eyes to come to his senses, and all he heard was Torquemada screaming at him to send them to eternity. In the end, Torquemada’s screams, if only for that one important moment, was louder, and he set the pyre.

For what seemed like an eternity, Salvador stared at the pair, horrified at what he’d done. Torquemada clapped a hand on his shoulders, and praised his ward for his faith. And that’s when he came to his senses, and leapt into the blaze. He saved his sister, but for his brother, it was too late. Somehow, he escaped the Inquisition’s clutches, and made for his home. But, to his sorrow, his parents had heard what he’d done, and were furious at him for his actions. They let him run, but let him know he was no longer welcome there.

Salvador and Esperanza had nowhere to go, so they went everywhere, escaping the Church’s gaze. France… Prussia… Sweden… England… they visited all those places. But, oddly enough, England was their last, unscheduled stop. There, they met a man with no name, who said he’d been watching them, and that there was a place they would be accepted, and helpful. And not just to England, or Spain, or Europe. Not even to the entire world. This man was offering them a chance to help all reality.

How could they refuse?

This man took them to a place out of time, out of dimension. It was a dimensional nexus found (or was it made?) by the founder of the Dimensional Protector’s Guild, the organization the Englishman worked for. Their mission was to observe, protect, and maintain all dimensions in existence. Esperanza and Salvador agreed, learning magic, how to fight, and how to observe. At the end, they took new names. Esperanza became Shakti, which means power, and Salvador became what Torquemada always wanted him to be, but not in the way he wanted.

Cardinal.)

The lights in the throneroom were amazing. Flashes and bursts of photons dazzled the king and all his minions. The chaotic energy then slowed, and formed itself into a stable ball. Then, it ripped itself from its place high above the heads of its observers and slammed itself into the floor, causing a blinding flash. When all opened their eyes, they saw a man, bowed on on knee, clothed in red, and with short lightblue hair facing the king.
The king got up from his throne, and approached the stranger. "Who are you.... and what do you want in my kingdom?"
"My name... is Cardinal, and I have no past. All I wish to do is serve this land, its king, its people, and... its heroes..."
"I see... well, you must understand, you don't just walk... or teleport... into my throneroom and expect me to welcome you with open arms." He motioned to a guard. "Go get me a Caution Collar." The guard nodded and ran from the room.
"What... are you going to do to me, sire?" the mystery man wondered.
"I'm going to make sure you're not an assassin..." he said as the guard returned with a large black collar. Cardinal was then seized by some other guards, and the collar was placed around his neck. Then, it seemed to be absorbed into his skin.
"This is a Caution Collar. It has both mystical and technological elements. It can detect your thoughts. If you even think of harming something you shouldn't, it will send an electrical pulse through your nervous system, and effectively shuts your whole body down." He then paused. "I'm sorry to do this to you if your intentions are true. I must be sure of your true goals before I release you from it."
"I understand, O liege. This collar will not be on for long, I swear it. Now... how can I serve the royalty?"

--Basics--
Name: Cardinal
Race: Offworld Human
Level: 4
XP: 450/2000
Max HP: 74
Max MP: 98
Max TP: 35
Initiative: 7 + 2d6 (9-19)

--Attributes--
Courage: +3
Wisdom: +5
Intuition: +3
Charisma: +3
Agility: +4
Dexterity: +2
Strength: +3
Stamina: +2
Magic Aptitude: 5

Base AT/PA - 12/12
Modified for skill - 13/16
Modified for armor - 13/16
MAttack = 13
MDefense = 19
MisEv = 21

AC- Body=Padded Robes (AC 6)
Weapon Damage - Lawful Rapier (+1, +1, See Light of Law, below)
Light - 10
Medium - 14
Heavy - 17

--Skills--
Light Swords - 6 [Cou/Str/Agi]
Star Magic - 8 [Mag/Wis/Int]
Ettiquette (Articulate Speaker) - 5 [Cou/Cha/Int]
Acrobatics - 3 [Str/Agi/Dex]
Prophecy - 7 [Mag/Wis/Int]
Double Speed - 5 [Dex/Agi/Agi]
Time Magic - 5 [Mag/Int/Wis]
Mental Magic - 5 [Mag/Wis/Int]
Fire Magic - 1 [Mag/Wis/Int]
Staves - 4 [Cou/Str/Agi]
[s]Limb Defense - 4 [Dex]
[s]Magic Shielding - 6 [Int/Wis]
[s]Missile Evasion - 6 [Agi]

--Spells/Techs--
[Item Granted] Light of Law (18 MP) When striking with a slash attack, if the target is a demon, they immediately make a magical resist roll against <Mag/Wis/Int> + Cardinal's level. Failure causes the spell to be cast on them, which causes an extra 14 + Cardinal's level * 4 + 2d6 damage. This ability will not activate if there is not enough MP to cast it.

[Acrobatics=3] Fancy Footwork (4 TP per turn) - Cardinal begins to move swiftly to avoid attack. Only critical hits will connect. Cannot take actions as long as the technique is being used. Success per turn is determined by a d12.

[Prophecy=2]Prophecy (3 TP) - The GM rolls to see if Cardinal learns of a future event. This could be something that will actually happen, or it could be false. Of course, it could always fail completely.

[Innate]Charmer (5 TP) - Cardinal charms a member of the opposite sex. Success chance is (CHA * rank)%; use percentile dice.

[Double Speed=4]Double Speed (7 TP) - Cardinal's speed increases rapidly, doubling his AGI for a minimum of one round and a maximum of (rank) rounds.

[Innate, Light Swords or Staves=2]StarStrike (3 TP) - The stars fill Cardinal with hyperactive energy as he swings his weapon three times in a star formation at an opponent.

[Star Magic=1]Nova (4 MP) - Spectral energy fries an enemy, dealing 6 + rank + 1d6 damage.

[Star Magic=6]Supernova(26 MP) - The power of a collapsing star amasses in Cardinal's hands, allowing him to deep fry an enemy for 10+rank*3+2d6 damage.

[Star Magic=2]Polaris Beam (10 MP) - Powerful light energy pounds enemies in a line, dealing 8 + (2 * rank) + 1d6 damage to a group of targets.

[Star Magic=3]Orion Strike (28 MP) -The power of the stars converges on the battlefield, bombarding the enemy party with its energy. This energy burst deals 14 + (rank * 4) + 3d6 damage to a 15 foot radius.

[Star Magic=1]Sunbath (14 MP) - The energy of the sun empowers the party, restoring 8 + (3 * rank) + 2d8 HP.

[Star Magic=4] Guiding Star (7 MP) No matter his position on Gaera, Cardinal can always attune himself to the stars and determine which direction is north.

[Star Magic=7]Crush (20 MP) - This spell creates a gravitational point within a creature, collapsing its body. Those able to be hurt by this method take 20+rank*5+2d6 damage, as well as possible other forms of damage from collapsed organs. Only affects living creatures, in terms of damage, though it can cause constructs and the like to crumple (dealing half damage).

[Time Magic=4]Metabolic Disruption (16 MP) - This spell deals damage by increasing a target's metabolism to insane rates. The result is that the target burns energy/ages extremely quickly for a short duration, leaving them feeling somewhat spent, like the after-effect of a Haste spell, but on a higher level. This attack deals 12+rank*4+2d6 points of direct damage and 1d2 points of temporary STA damage. For each point of STA lost, a creature loses 5 HP. A creature with less than -5 STA is unconscious, and a creauture with less than -10 STA is dead. This STA is recovered after sleeping or resting for a few hours.

[Fire=1]Fire 1 (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Time Magic=1]Sleep (3 MP) - A scene of the night sky appears above an enemy's head as mystical forces move it to fall prey to slumber. Effective 10 + (rank * 10)% of the time. The enemy will sleep, and be inactive, for 1d4 rounds or until it recieves a non-magical attack.

[Time Magic=2]Slow (5 MP) - A temporal bubble is formed around an enemy, making them slower than the normal flow of time. This gives the target a (rank / 2) deficiency to AGI, and the affected target will take his or her turn at the end of each round.

[Time Magic=4]Slow2 (18 MP) - Like the effects of Slow, but affects up to (rank/2, round down) + 2 targets.

[Time Magic=3]Haste (7 MP) - The speed of the stars fills an ally to increase his speed. This gives the target a (rank / 2) bonus to AGI.

[Time Magic=4]Comet (20 MP) - Stones from the heavens fall to earth and do massive non-elemental damage to an enemy. Being smacked by a huge burning rock is rather painful, and deals 16 + (rank * 6) + 2d6 to the target.

[Mental Magic=1]Telepathy (5 MP) - Cardinal contacts someone via brainwaves. Out of combat, this ability can be used free of charge.

[Mental Magic=2]Control (9 MP) - Cardinal rolls to see if he can take control of an enemy's mind for one turn. He can then extract information, or force him to attack another foe. This can only be used if the target's WIS is less than Cardinal's, and if the target fails a standard magic resistance check.

[Mental Magic=2]Mind Barrier (6 or 12 MP) - If a mental effect spell is cast on him, 6 MP is spent to give a +3 on his resist roll. This is spent whenever. If Cardinal casts this conciously, then the target gains a +6 on their resist rolls against mental spells until Cardinal's next turn.

[Mental Magic=5] Migraine (14 MP) - Cardinal induces a disabling migraine in his target, causing them no actual damage but greatly effects their ability to function. All rolls (attacks, magic, resists, etc.) are -4 for 1d6 rounds. <p>--------------------

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/3/06 1:31

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:25 pm

Quick Stats:
Ferran of the Bluehearts (KingofDoma) - Lvl 1 - 75 HP, 15 MP, 20 TP
Background:
name: Ferran of the Bluehearts - age: 49 - eyes: Red - fur: black - height: 6' 5"
Ferran was the leader of the Blueheart clan of garoujin. He trained himself in fighting arts from a young age, and became incredibly proficient in it. One fateful day, he returned from gathering wood to find his village burned to the ground. He ran in to find his family, but it was too late. The villain proved to be an evil garoujin named Wulfric bent on eliminating all the other garoujin clans. Eventually, Wulfric was defeated, but it left Ferran without a purpose. Now he wanders the earth, searching for some way simply to help those in need.

Recently, in the fight against Malachias, Ferran lay dying and demanded his old friend, Jazz Tymisonn, turn him into a vampire to continue fighting. This has left him in a three way battle between his disciplined mind, his feral leanings, and his vampire bloodlust.

--Basics--
Name: Ferran
RPer: KingofDoma
Race: Vampiric garoujin (furry vampire for short)
Level: 2
XP: 500/1250
Max HP: 81/81
Max MP: 19/19
Max TP: 26/26
Initiative: 7 + 2d6 (9-19)

--Attributes--
Courage: +3
Wisdom: +2
Intuition: +1
Charisma: 0
Agility: +4
Dexterity: +3
Strength: +5
Stamina: +4

Base AT/PA - 12/12
Modified for skill - 15/12
Modified for armor -15/11
Dodge - {42}
MDefense - {39}
Body=Fighting Gi (AC 8)
Weapon Damage - unarmed
Punching (Thrust) - 9 + 1d6 (10-15)
Kicking (Slash, -3 to hit) - 12 + 2d6 (14-24)
Number of Attacks/Parries - {5/5}

--Skills--
Barefists/Gloves - 4 <Str/Agi/Cou>
Chi Attacks - 3 <Cou/Str/Agi>
Ambidex - 2 <Dex/Dex/Agi>
Stealth - 4 <Dex/Agi/Agi>
Find Traps - 2 <Int/Int/Dex>
Limb Defense - 3 [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A:] at: 5/29/04 10:33 am
[/i]

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:46 pm

Daenj'r Tymisonn (KingOfDoma) - Lvl 2 - 71 HP, 98 MP, 25 TP
Background:
name: Daenj'r Tymisonn - age: 23 - eyes: brown - hair: black - height: 6' 0"
Daenj'r was born to Ak'Zhis and Jenna Tymisonn in the city of Zauran. For a while, all was fine. Then his father's drinking started getting worse. Eventually, Jenna had to run away with the young boy and his younger sister. But, the worry of Ak'Zhis finding them did its damage on the frail woman, and she died when Daenj'r was only fourteen.
For years, Daenj'r's life was on the street. He stole. He hustled unsuspecting citizens. He sold hot relics on the street. Basically, he became a criminal. Then, that one day happened. He was in the fight, and he lost -- badly. That was a cold day, and he would have died had not they found him. Two beautiful maidens healed him and gave him a shelter from the cold -- sheltered him in the temple of Ashura, the goddess of life. He stayed there, learning all the healing arts. Eventually, he left to do Ashura's holy work.

--Basics--
Name: Daenj'r Tymisonn
Level: 2 XP: 275/1500
Max HP: 77
Max MP: 106
Max TP: 29
Initiative: 1+2d6 (3-13)

--Attributes--
Courage: +2
Wisdom: +5
Intuition: +3
Charisma: +1
Agility: 0
Dexterity: +2
Strength: +3
Stamina: +2
Magic Aptitude: 6

Base AT/PA - 7
Modified for skill - 10/10
Modified for armor - 9/9
Body=Robe (AC 4), Head=Light Helmet (AC 5)
Weapon Damage- Steel Staff
Thrusting - 7+1d6 (8-13)
Swinging - 13+2d4 (15-21)
Chopping - 20+2d6 (22-32)

--Skills--
Healing Magic - 7 {Mag/Int/Wis}
Staves - 6 {Dex/Dex/Str}
Dual Sword - 1 {Cou/Agi/Str}
Advanced Telepathy - 1 {Mag/Wis/Int}
[s]Double Weapons - 6 {Dex}
First Aid - 4
Treat Disease - 4 {Int/Wis/Dex}
Treat Poison - 2 {Int/Wis/Dex}
Holy Magic - 6 {Mag/Int/Wis}
Benediction - 5 {Mag/Int/Wis}
[k]Religious Lore - 4 {Wis/Wis}
[k] Child Rearing - 1

--Spells/Techs--
[Heal=6]Fast Healing (5 TP) - reduce a healing spell's sustaining requirement to one turn.
[Innate]Luckout (2 TP) - Daenj'r does a bizarre ritual, which could result in anything...
[Double=6]Staff rush (4 TP) - Daenj'r gets an extra attack for each use. 8 TP = 2 extra attacks and so on.
[Innate]Pickup (3 TP) - +2 to charm members of the opposite sex.
[Heal=1]Heal (15 MP) - Recovers 10+rank*2+1d6 HP to any target. 2x-4x damage against undead.
[Heal=4]Healmore (30 MP) - As Heal, but recovers 20+rank*4+2d6 HP to any target.[Heal=1, Ben=1]Anti (9 MP) - Improves resistance to poison and disease.
[Holy=2, Ben=4]White Shield (20 MP, 4 TP) - Increases the groups Physical and Magical defense by (Holy rank).
[Heal=4, Ben=3]Regeneration (24 MP) - Target regains (Heal rank)+2d4 HP per round, for (Ben rank) rounds.
[Heal=6, Holy=3]Revivify (40 MP, 4 TP) - Attempts to revive a severely wounded companion.
[Ben=5] Cheer (12 MP) - Increase all allies AT by 2 for 1d4 turns.
[Heal=4]Panacea (14 MP) - Cures berserk, confusion, magically induced paralysis and blindness, and cures up to 3 levels of poison. If the user has at least 4 ranks of Astral Magic, this also cures up to 3 levels of astral drain.
[Heal=4]Revive (30 MP, 4 TP) - Revives an unconscious ally to 10% of their total HP (round up). The target suffers no disorientation penalty (besides some penalties for burdening injuries such as crushed bones) and can take actions right away (as in, their next turn in the normal initiative order).
[Holy=1] Photon Beam (4 MP) - Does 10+rank+1d6 damage to an enemy - 2x+ damage against undead.
[Holy=5] Ray of Light (18 MP) - Does 20+3*rank+2d6 damage to all enemies in a line - 2x damage against undead.
[Holy=6] Shining Light (30 MP) - A huge light appears above the caster, blinding all enemies for rank/2 turns, rounding down.
[Child Rearing=1] Placate (2 TP) - Calms any child with Wis less than the caster's Wis.
[AT=1] Telepathy (2 MP in battle, 0 out) - Send thoughts and emotions to another person's mind. <p>--------------------

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/17/06 22:57

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:59 pm

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background:

name: Finn son of Fjalar - age: 92 - eyes: brown - hair: red -
height: 4'3" -

"Seventy five years, I've worked.

Seventy years, I've laboured in the mountain of my people, acquiring ore, fashioning things, ... making nothing. Seventy five years of my life, and I have done nothing. This feeling nagged at me for years. So much that...

I left the mountain. I so very much needed answers. And I found them, in the temple of Kalcya. At first, I was resistant to their ways, putting up the old dwarven bravura we are known for. But then, I came to... understand. The balance, the equity that Kalcya brings. And I embraced it.

But I did not, nor will ever, forget who I am... *smirk*"

--Basics--
Name: Finn
Race: Dwarf
Level: 1
Max HP: 75
Max MP: 60
Max TP: 20
Initiative 2+2d6 (4-16)

--Attributes--
Courage +3
Wisdom +4
Intuition +2
Charisma +2
Agility -1
Dexterity 1
Strength +5
Stamina +4
Magic Aptitude: 3

Base AT/PA - {9/9}

-=- Hardened Leather Robe, Blunted Axe, Buckler -=-

Weapon Damage - Hatchet (blunted)
Thrusting - 5
Slashing- 16
Chopping - 20

--Skills--
Axes and Hammers - 4
Shields - 4
Kalcyan Battle Techniques - 2
Holy Magic - 2
Enchantment - 3
Strength Control - 2
Martial Arts - 3
Sculpting {s} - 4
Metallurgy {s} - 3
Sketching {s} - 4
Lumberjackery {s} - 1
Mining {s} - 1
Kalcyan History {k} - 1
Astronomy {k} - 3
Mathematics {k} - 3
Architecture {k} -4

--Spells/Techs--

[A-H=1, KBT=1] Equal Hit (7 TP) -
Should the target's HP be higher than Finn's by up to 36 HP, he strikes them with a hit that equals out their HP. Ineffective against those with higher HP.
[KBT=3, Enchantment=2] Equal Hammer (5 TP, 12 MP) -
Kalcya blesses Finn's weapon. The target's MP, should it be within 15 MP of Finn's, becomes equal to Finn's after spell use.
[Holy=1]Light of Kalcya (6 MP) - Deals 6+rank*2+1d6 holy damage to a single target.
[Holy=2, Enchantment=2] Holy Axe (5 MP) -
Imbues Finn's axe with a holy aura. Does not change damage, but makes it holy based.
[SC=1] Disabling Strike (3 TP) -
If an enemy is weakened, a controlled attack from Finn brings them to 1 HP. An offer of escape or imprisonment is then offered.

<p>--------------------
"Kill her. Then we'll have pizza."

-Scorpius, Farscape</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:23 am

Oh, a question to anyone who cares to answer...

The blunted axe featured above...

Can anyone help with the modifications to AT/PA? <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:48 am

I'd base it off a mace myself: -0/-1 <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

I found Sarra.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:29 am

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background:

name: Sarra Xunzi - age: 9 - eyes: Brown - hair: Black (griffon and elven mode) -
height: 5'9" -

UltimateKoD: <herewego...>
UltimateKoD: *watches Jazz from the underworld*
UltimateKoD: *checks his watch* Hey... well what do you know? Think I'll go tell her...
UltimateKoD: *hops down into Jazz's body... not so she notices... yet...*
UltimateKoD: Let's see what she's up to today...
UltimateKoD: (Psst... that's your cue...)
LovelyJester: o.o *blink*
LovelyJester: *stirring something wretched and beyond foul in a bowl......if someone was having a night mare.....this would be scrambled eggs*
UltimateKoD: ... oh man...
UltimateKoD: *sparks Jazz's taste and smell for a second*
LovelyJester: o_O THE HELL?!
LovelyJester: *Drops it*
LovelyJester: *rubs at her face madly for a moment*
UltimateKoD: *communicates with her* Did you know you were subjecting your FAMILY to that? Ugh...
LovelyJester: o_O they say it's bad......buttttt......you know...... humans eat weird things...i remember some of the stuff my mom made me eat. said it was healthy.
UltimateKoD: Ah...
UltimateKoD: Hey, do me a favor and go to the mirror?
LovelyJester: e.e *Sighs*
LovelyJester: *follows what the voice in her head tells to to*
LovelyJester: *Stands in front of the hallway mirror*
UltimateKoD: *she sees Reshtaha*
UltimateKoD: Hey.
LovelyJester: i thought as much.
LovelyJester: it was either you or your twin.
LovelyJester: *shakes her head*
UltimateKoD: What? I bring good news!
UltimateKoD: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! *Jazz is covered in streamers*
LovelyJester: *streamered* e.e
LovelyJester: now spit out the bad news resh.
LovelyJester: *plucks a few streamers from her hair*
UltimateKoD: ... have I painted such a bad picture for myself?
UltimateKoD: I thought I was the god everyone liked...
LovelyJester: o_O people do.......well the ones that have met you......but jeeze man.....you're still the god of death.
UltimateKoD: True. But today, we're celebrating life.
UltimateKoD: Seeing as yours has lasted 160 years today!
LovelyJester: *looks quizical*
LovelyJester: o_O um......resh?
UltimateKoD: What?
LovelyJester: I DIED 140 years ago.....
LovelyJester: i've been undead that long.
LovelyJester: o_o;
UltimateKoD: Well, you've been walking around for 160 years. Good enough.
LovelyJester: true.
LovelyJester: >.> if i was alive god would i be ugly.
UltimateKoD: Not the point. I have a present for you.
LovelyJester: o___o mmmmmmkay...
UltimateKoD: Yeah... I'm letting you atone for a past sin or two...
UltimateKoD: Hope you enjoy it... *the image of Reshtaha fades away*
UltimateKoD: *someone is now sleeping on the couch*
UltimateKoD: *she looks Asian and elven all at once, and she wears a kimono and the armor of a samurai*
LovelyJester: o_O why...do i not like this....
LovelyJester: >_>?????
UltimateKoD: *she lays still, holding a sword on her chest*
LovelyJester: *peers at the person* *W* oh lawd.......what.......babysitting again?
UltimateKoD: *and she has two bitemarks on her neck*
LovelyJester: *wipes her hands on her more grubby house robes*
UltimateKoD: -_- o_o <_< O.O
LovelyJester: o_O whaaaaat i gotta play rescue relief to someone's old lunch?
UltimateKoD: *she leaps off the couch* YOU!
LovelyJester: o_o ME?
UltimateKoD: *sword is drawn*
LovelyJester: *takes a step back*
UltimateKoD: Where did my father go?
LovelyJester: oVO you put that down girly.
LovelyJester: How the bloody #$$% should i know?
UltimateKoD: You and your master, Selendrile took him from me! WHERE IS HE?
LovelyJester: *quirks an eyebrow*
LovelyJester: hmm.......how do you know selendrile? i killed him years ago.....
UltimateKoD: ... how long ago? >.>
LovelyJester: *does the math in her head*
LovelyJester: o.o bout sixty years.
UltimateKoD: O.O
UltimateKoD: ... more than sixty YEARS ago?
LovelyJester: o.o yeah.
LovelyJester: he popped back up not long ago.....but i killed him again.
UltimateKoD: *glares at her* You have stolen sixty years from me, vampire!
LovelyJester: *yawns*
LovelyJester: o.-
LovelyJester: look.....kid....i don't remember you.
UltimateKoD: I remember you... and this... *points to her bitemarks*
UltimateKoD: *sheathes her sword*
LovelyJester: *Shrugs* do you remember your lunch from a year ago? how am i supposed to remember something insignificant that happened over sixty years ago.
LovelyJester: look. i'm sorry.
LovelyJester: but it seems you got a second go.
UltimateKoD: Yes... to avenge myself and my father...
UltimateKoD: *begins to transform*
UltimateKoD: *griffonic* You will pay...
UltimateKoD: *goes all griffony in her house*
LovelyJester: e.e
LovelyJester: *sighs*
LovelyJester: GREAT PRESENT RESH.
LovelyJester: IF YOU WEREN'T A GOD I'D PUNCH YOU IN THE SNOOT!
UltimateKoD: *snaps at her with her beak*
LovelyJester: >.> *dodges*
LovelyJester: will you stop that. mess up this house girl and i'll pluck and cook you.
UltimateKoD: *griffonic* Die, vampire!
UltimateKoD: *claws at her*
LovelyJester: e.e *charges up a small fireball*
LovelyJester: *clawed at, cut a smidge*
UltimateKoD: <resh>T: This is the way you atone for past sins?
LovelyJester: *hurls the fireball at the nice shiney feathers*
LovelyJester: T: e.e i think i'll become an atheist.....maybe then all you nutters gods will leave me be.
UltimateKoD: Graaarrrrrrrk!
UltimateKoD: eVe
LovelyJester: o_O oh hell.....don't make me bring in the zombies.
LovelyJester: I just mopped my damn floor.
LovelyJester: e_e
LovelyJester: *looks like an irritated housewife elemental*
UltimateKoD: *griffonic* You're going to have to wash the windows, too...
UltimateKoD: *smashes one through, shining sunlight on Jazz*
LovelyJester: *unaffected*
LovelyJester: e_e ........*Sigh*
UltimateKoD: o.o You should be... dust...
LovelyJester: I have a soul twit.
UltimateKoD: o.o
UltimateKoD: ...
UltimateKoD: *slowly changes back*
LovelyJester: *crosses her arms* e_-
UltimateKoD: I suspect you want me to help clean up.
LovelyJester: IM: I gotta get this cleaned up before Jenna gets back......knowing her she'll start a brocken glass collection and donate it to the church.....
LovelyJester: You're damned right.
UltimateKoD: ... *sigh* You used to be a terror...
UltimateKoD: What power decided you should have a soul?
LovelyJester: e_e Lucio.
UltimateKoD: Your patron god...
LovelyJester: In a fair exchange.
LovelyJester: One soul for one horrible part time job.
LovelyJester: e____e
UltimateKoD: ...
UltimateKoD: Do you have... a dustpan?
LovelyJester: o.- *fetches one and a broom*
LovelyJester: *holds them out to her*
UltimateKoD: *takes them*
LovelyJester: And I take offense. I'm still a terror. But now for the right reasons.
LovelyJester: o.-
UltimateKoD: Once a terror, always a terror...
UltimateKoD: That's what my father told me about your kind. I suppose he was right
LovelyJester: what better way to keep ones children in line, and the citizen's of the place you serve......
LovelyJester: >.> maybe.
LovelyJester: *runs her hand hand through her hair*
UltimateKoD: .... children, eh? Is your new lover a daywalker as well?
UltimateKoD: *clean clean*
LovelyJester: *Snort*
LovelyJester: take up with my own kind? i'd rather chew off my leg and feed it to my children.
UltimateKoD: Your lover is a mortal? o.O
LovelyJester: A human.
LovelyJester: My husband no less.
UltimateKoD: ... you mean to tell me that you stood in the presence of Ishtar and were joined with a human in love?
LovelyJester: *hands on hips* o.- that so radical an idea?
LovelyJester: i may not be drawin breath but i can love!
UltimateKoD: ... you have changed, vampired.
LovelyJester: >.> souls do that.
LovelyJester: as well as being away from bad influences.
LovelyJester: e.e *sighs*
UltimateKoD: *finds a fallen group photo*
UltimateKoD: *it has all the members of the clan Tymisonn... Dae seems to be the only happy one in the bunch*
UltimateKoD: o.o You've been busy...
LovelyJester: >___>
UltimateKoD: *notices Dae's robes*
UltimateKoD: A mage of Ashura? o.O
LovelyJester: >_> yep.
LovelyJester: *crosses arms* love IS blind you know.
UltimateKoD: I never thought a vampire could change so...
LovelyJester: o.- *steps up* it happens. by choice in my case.
LovelyJester: i don't kill anymore. i feed as little as possible....i serve my country and my family. except for my body status and feeding habits you couldn't call me a vampire.
UltimateKoD: I won't.
LovelyJester: *nods*
LovelyJester: now may i ask the question i'm dying to know.......who are you....... and WHEN were you?
UltimateKoD: My name is Sarra Xunzi.
UltimateKoD: You killed me in the year 1239...
LovelyJester: *nods* Jazz Tymisonn.
LovelyJester: sorry about that.... i know it's not much.....but i didn't have much morally to go on.....killing was what i did.
UltimateKoD: I... ... forgive you.
LovelyJester: o______o'''' erm....thanks.
LovelyJester: but you don't have to.......
UltimateKoD: It is done.
LovelyJester: who i am now doesn't forgive me for what i was.
UltimateKoD: Forgiveness is always good. Don't reject it.
LovelyJester: >.> riiiiiiiight........
UltimateKoD: ... I must go find my father.
LovelyJester: o_o kid.
UltimateKoD: And catch up on the last sixty years...
LovelyJester: .......i really doubt he's alive.
LovelyJester: if sel took him......it's kinda doubtful.
UltimateKoD: ... I must still search.
LovelyJester: >________> good luck....but...... i don't think....you'll find anything.....
LovelyJester: selendrile was very cruel.
UltimateKoD: ... goodbye, Jazz Tymisonn.
LovelyJester: o_o erm......yeah.......
LovelyJester: you know you're in doma capital right?
UltimateKoD: Oh... that helps.
LovelyJester: hold on.......
LovelyJester: *pulls out a small bag of gil that she hid in a large statue on a shelf*
LovelyJester: >.> *tosses it to her*
UltimateKoD: *catch*
UltimateKoD: Thank you.
LovelyJester: you'll need some of the local currency to make it out there.
UltimateKoD: Till we meet again... *jumps out the busted window while transforming, flies away*
LovelyJester: e_e *goes back to the kitchen* another day starts in the tymisonn home.
UltimateKoD: <end!>

--Basics--
Name: Sarra Xunzi
Race: Griffon

--Attributes--
Courage +3
Wisdom +2
Intuition +1
Charisma +2
Agility +3
Dexterity +3
Strength +3
Stamina +2
Magic Aptitude: 2

-=- Samurai Armor, Narramune (katana), BBow and 20 Steel Arrows, 20 Throwing Daggers, Kimono -=-

--Skills--
Katanas - 3
Samurai Magic - 4
Unarmed Combat - 2
Archery - 2
Thrown Weapons - 2
Vampire Anatomy(k) - 4
Tracking(s) - 4
Flight - 2
Way of the Griffon Blade - 2
Igalan Cultures(k) - 4
Kendo - 3

--Spells/Techs--

[Innate] Transformation (15 TP) -
Sarra takes on her griffonic form. Due to an enchantment on her armor, it stays on her body, and AC increases by 6. There is a 75% increase in HP, and health is fully restored. Strength and Agility increase by +3, but Dexterity and Stamina drop to 0. This also enables her Flight ability and Aqua Breath.
[Innate] Flight (0 TP) -
See flight rules.
[Innate] Aqua Breath (20 MP)
A purely griffonic trait, bubbles fly from Sarra's mouth, causing water and wind damage of 10+rank*3+1d8 damage.
[Samurai Magic=3] Katon (9 MP)
A wave of fire washes over the enemy.
[Samurai Magic=3] Suton (9 MP)
A mini-tsunami buffets the enemy.
[Samurai Magic=3] Raijin (9 MP)
Thunderbolts strike all enemies.
[Samurai Magic=2] Iainuki (1 MP)
Sarra's lifeforce is used to electrify an enemy. Sarra takes 1/3 of the damage done to the target.
[Tracking=1] Track (0 TP)
Using her nose (griffonic or no), Sarra follows the scent of anyone. But, unless she's smelled them or something of theirs before, she can't track them.
[Way of the Griffon Blade=1] SwordSlap (2 TP)
Sarra slaps her blade in a specific area on the beast's body, rendering them effectively paralyzed for 1d2 turns.
[WOTGB=2] Mark (11 TP)
Sarra uses her blade to "mark" the enemy. For the rest of the battle, the marked foe feels 1/2 the damage that Sarra takes.
[WOTGB=2] Disarm (7 TP)
If the enemy is roughly human shaped, and is carrying a weapon, Sarra attempts to remove the arm carrying the weapon.

-------------------

Please critique. <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

[url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 2/4/04 1:06 pm
[/i]

NamagomiMk0

Re: I found Sarra.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:31 pm

Okay. First of all, you need to be more specific on the stats of the equipment. Here is what is required:
AT/PA penalties of both the katana and armor

Damage (T/S/C) of the katana. Note that a katana would most likely NOT be able to be used for chopping, due to how the blade is

Armor Class of the armor. No point in having armor if it doesn't have any AC.

ACC of the bow. Assumed standard PS rules, it'd be 13 for a shortbow, or 11 for a longbow. Damage modifier would help as well. (+2 if it's longbow, 0 if it's a shortbow)

Damage equation of the arrows. You need to know what damage you can get from them.

ACC and damage equation of the throwing knives are recommended as well.

Now, I've done your substats for you

HP:65 (55+2*5)
MP:35 (20+10+5)
TP:20
Base AT/PA: 9/9
MATK base: 5
MBlock base: 17
Initiative: 6+2d6

However, might I be the first to say here that this is the least of your problems. To be honest, you're not the best at designing proper techs.

Transformation: Sadly, this is the best of the techs you've come up with, description-wise. First off, eliminate the healing. I see no reason why HP should be fully healed in griffonic form. Secondly, I see no reason WHY the armor would stay on. You know, there's a reason why the armor melds into the wearer's body when such a transformation occurs. Griffons are dragon-sized, and thus any armor would either shatter or crush the wearer in such a form, most likely the former. Nextly, though the HP increase is logical, the STA decrease is not. For if you were to follow said equation, HP would change from 65 to 96, less than 75% of current HP, since the STA drop would throw HP down to 55.

Next. Flight is not a tech, but an innate ability. Shouldn't be counted as such.

Griffons lack breath weapons, plain and simple. If she were a dracogriff instead, I might excuse that, but even then, I know of no dragon type that breathes BUBBLES, and much less how that would do any sort of damage.

The "Samurai magic" just makes me cry. Plain and simple. Not only do you lack damage equations for all of them, but realistically, samurai (and ninja for that matter) don't have a specific form of magic just for them. Katon, Suiton, and Raijin require three different magic skills (Fire, ice, and lightning, respectively) to use, while you try to sum it up in one, without explanation. Iainuki also lacks explanation as to why it'd be fitted in the same element as TWO OTHER SPELLS DERIVED FROM THE SAME SKILL. Hate to tell you this, KoD, but this is not FF. Spells do NOT discriminate between friend and foe here. Not easily, anyway. You'd do well to not do that here. Plus, Iainuki is effectively a foolproof MBlock tester. You're assuming that either it will always hit, or it'll only cost HP on hitting. Bad assumption.

Next come the sword techniques. Swordslap's tolerable here, except that I'd recommend that you get a [k] anatomy skill here for each opponent type. Nevermind that you might want a bit of a TP cost increase.
However, the sad one has to be Mark. Just NO. NO NO NO. This has no explanation as to WHY it's in there, nevermind how ridiculously powerful it is, even for the TP cost. As for disarm, I'd accept it if it was an actual disarming skill, and not an amputation tech. You understand, she's only got a STR of 3. Some people, namely Zait, might be able to do it, but that's because they've got high STR and a heavy weapon. 3 STR and a katana? No.

Last point, write up an actual history. Don't just post a chatlog of the character's intro. That's not good enough. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Addendum to Doug's post:
Actually, katana are practically made for "chopping" (though I don't like that term, but hey, whatever works). It's why it has a curved blade, y'see. It's thrusting that it wouldn't be the best at.

Also, "track" needs some sort of chance of failure, rather than just "She can follow anyone! :D!", as a lot of things can throw of a scent trail.

Also also, why do you have...three sword skills? I would just change "Katana" to "Sword", axe "Kendo" entirely, and change "WOTGB" to an [s] skill.

And whatever else Doug said. <p>Image</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:29 pm

Mr. Deth and Mr. Gomi have stated what I wish to say. They shall recieve cookies.

::Administers::

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:31 pm

Maybe I should have mentioned I haven't really looked at and have barely touched this sheet in ages... >.> <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:02 am

...then why post it? <p>Image</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:56 am

Doma was dissed. Awesome :D

*insert agreement with Nama/FD/Pervy here* <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Because obviously, it needed work and input. <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

Happy Winter-een-mas!</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:30 pm

KoD: THIS IS MY SHEET AND I SMELL OF CHEESE
Nama: What the fuck
Pervy: What the fuck
Banj: What the fuck
FD: What the fuck
KoD: OH STOP TELLING ME HOW TO FIX IT I KNOW IT'S BAD
FD: Why'd you post it?
KoD: SO YOU COULD TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:25 pm

Apparently it took Banj an entire month or so to come up with that one.

Choark

Re: .

Unread postby Choark » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:04 pm

You know, in defence of Doma as he's a mate and all and because no one else will and I'm compelled to because I'm that sort of person...

He never said "Stop telling me how to fix it".

He said "
Quote:
Maybe I should have mentioned I haven't really looked at and have barely touched this sheet in ages... >.>
"

Which maybe to you is a cry of STOPPIT! but to me its more of him explaining why it is so bad in the first place and addressing all the points of the ill thought out sheet and all. Its because it was quick and a mostly unused sheet and thats why it was bad.

The only thing he could have added there was a thankyou to the people who had looked it over.

The main reason I am compelled to say this, is because, basically, that was a damned assholish post to make Jooie. Any truth behind it or not withstanding, jeese man. You might respond to me with a "thankyou =D".. but whatever man.

Jeese. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:33 pm

It took a month because I was too lazy to post it.

Quote:
The main reason I am compelled to say this, is because, basically, that was a damned assholish post to make Jooie.

I try.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Not up for discussion.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:16 am

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background:

name: Charles Robert Franklyn Galzern Domanada, King of Doma - age: 25 - eyes: Blue - hair: Black -

Franklyn and Cheril Domanada had a child one day. For King Franklyn, this was just another day. The day that produced his heir, yes, but still, just another day. That is why he had no qualms with annihilating a city suspected of harboring a rebel leader the very next day. Charles never knew until he was much older. But there were things he did remember. Lonely days studying in the castle library, wondering why his father never came down to help him. Crying on his mother's shoulder when he hurt his arm. Seeing the most of his father only when he was put through the knight's academy and made his personal guard. His life, as he remembered, was standard for a future king. Little did he know it would soon become... unstandard.

Charles, like many princes at his tender age of 17, got a bit... disillusioned at castle life. He wanted to cast off the shackles of that existence... see what the world had in store for him. So, he left a young castle guard in charge of his father's safety for the day, and took off down a secret childhood passage and into the bustling metropolis outside the castle.

Charles was entranced. Never had he seen such things in all his life. People weren't so... fake, polished. They were real. Not a drop of pretention in any of them. While he was there, he bought their items, ate their food, met their girls... and for a while, he thought in the back of his mind... "maybe I should stay..."

That's when the explosions began.

Charles turned to see his home... his home... under siege. From... airships? He didn't understand... he didn't care. He raced back to the castle. The state inside the castle was furious, fastpaced, anxious. He pushed past more guards then he knew were in the castle. "Father?" he called. He stopped a random guard, who seemed in fear of his life. "Where is he? Where is my father?" All the frightened guard could say was, "SEAN! IT WAS SEAN!" With that, the guard continued his run to safety.

Charles was shocked. Sean? His cousin? Sure, he had always been a bit unstable, but he never thought he had wanted the throne. Charles went to the throneroom. And what he saw... frightened him to his very core.

A dark, almost skeletal creature, shaped as a man, stood over his father's still form. He turned his head sharply, fixing his obsidian eyes on the young man. With lightning speed, he pinned Charles to the wall. Charles... he was too scared to cough out the noxious atmosphere this fiend emitted. Their eyes locked. The creature leaned in close, and whispered soft, yet jagged, heartless words..."You're next." The next thing Charles saw was a shattered window.

He rushed to his father's side. The aging king looked into his son's eyes with more feeling than he had ever mustered. "Good... tactical idea, son... leave... the old as bait... save... the new... it's what I would have done..."

Charles' eyes filled with tears. "Don't go, Father... I barely even know you..."

His father hushed him, softly. "It doesn't... matter... just... make sure... you make me.... proud..." And, then, the reign of King Franklyn Jenzen Kalsor Erwin Domanada of Doma ended. And the reign of Charles Robert Franklyn Galzern Domanada, King of Doma began...

------Basics------
Name: KingOfDoma

------Attributes------

Courage +4
Wisdom +3
Intuition +3
Charisma +1
Agility +1
Dexterity +3
Strength +3
Stamina +4
Magic Aptitude 2

-----Substats------

Level: 4
XP: 600/2000
HP: 95
MP: 62
TP: 50
Initiative: 3+2d6
AT/PA: 11/11
AT/PA(modified for weapons): 11/11
AT/PA(modified for defense): 11/9
MAtk: 8
MBlk: 21
MisEv: 15

-=- Astral Blade (2 shortswords, does Astral damage, can cast Astral Jolt once per day for each weapon), Ring Mail, Hardened Turban (Pot Helm)-=-

-------Skills-------
Fire Magic - 3
Ice Magic - 3
Lightning Magic - 3
Water Magic - 3
Healing Magic - 2
Blades - 5
Swords - 3
Shields - 1
Survival(k) - 3
Tactics(k) - 5
Ettiquette (royalty)(k) - 6
Diplomacy (s) - 4
Leadership Skills (s) - 6
Double Weapons (s) - 6
Doman History (k) - 6
Doman Politics (k) - 6
World History (k) - 5
World Politics (k) - 6

------Abilities-----

[Innate] Protect (3 TP) - The king goes into a defensive stance, gaining a +4 addition to PA for one turn.

[Innate] Pulling Rank (1 TP) - The intimidation of the crown weighs upon a human target heavily. Success chance is
(COU*rank)%. Use percentile dice.

[Tactics=1] Tip (0 TP) - After observing a physical attack by an ally, the king gives them some small advice on their technique. Ally gains +1 to their AT for the duration of battle. Does not stack.

[Blades=1] Sharp Cut (5 TP) - A superstrong slash that does 5+(rank)+1d6 damage at -1 to hit.

[Blades=2] Rush Blade (8 TP) - Mystical energy propels Charles, blades ready, towards a target, attacking twice and adding 2+(rank*2)+1d6 to the strike at -2 to hit.

[Blades=2] Diamond Slash (14 TP) - Four slashes in a diamond shape carve into a target. The equivalent of 4 regular attacks at -3 to hit for each.

[Blades=3] All Slice (14 TP) - With great speed, the king puts a blade through (rank) enemies, doing normal damage with -2 to hit. This will wind Charles, leaving him at -2/-2 to his AT/PA for d6 rounds.

[Blades=5] Rend (16 TP) - Charles' blades slice deep into the target, doing 14+rank*4+2d6 damage. 10% chance of instantly killing target.

--Spells--

[Fire=1]Fire (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 fire damage to a single target.

[Fire=3]Ignite (10 MP) - Sets a target ablaze. These flames persist until the target "stops, drops, and rolls" (a standard action) or is doused by water or large quantities of dirt/mud. These flames deal 12+1d6 points of damage each round.

[Ice=1]Ice (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 ice damage to a single target.

[Lit=1]Lightning (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 electric damage to a single target.

[Lit=3]Static Pulse (12 MP) - Deals 10+rank*3+1d6 points of damage plus 30+2d6 points of subdual damage (this cannot kill, but if it is enough that it WOULD drop an opponent below 0 health, were it regular damage, they are knocked unconscious).

[Water=1]Water (4 MP) - Does 8+rank*2+1d6 water damage to a single target.

[Heal=1]Cure (7 MP) - Heals one target, restoring 8+rank*2+1d6 HP. Some targets may be damaged for the same amount instead (undead, for example) and some may not be affected at all (powerful shadow-based creatures).

[b] Note: EXTREMELY reworked, and level 4 for the new millenium.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/7/07 20:14

Banjooie

Re: Not up for discussion.

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:45 am

Diran: ...Eh heh heh. ....Well. I've got the /tiniest/ bit of personal bias here...but what the hey!

Jinto: ....Let's get to it. Besides, it'll make the newbies feel better if we get an oldbie.

Diran: And it's an /old/ char. So let's get to work! First off his parents had a child one day.

Fenron: Out of the blue. Totally. It was all like 'WHOA MY GOD WHERE DID THAT BABY COME FROM'

Diran: Well, no, because the King didn't particularly care. In fact, he didn't care /so much/, he totally destroyed a city the next day.

Nagan: I heard once that Franklyn Domanada totally uppercutted this kid in Doma City, just because he opened a window.

Diran: Yes. So, basically, Charles had no friends. So when he was 17, he ran away from the castle through a 'secret childhood passage'.

Meldon: And into the bustling metropolis. Doma is a bustling metropolis?

Diran: YES.

Meldon: ...Okay!

Diran: Anyway, the explosions began right about then. So he rushed back, and some guy named Sean was trying to take over the throne.

Nagan: Mmhm. And, y'know, upon finding out the heir was still alive, he totally, like, pointed at him, and ran away. And his father was all 'Hey, you left me to die! Awesome!'

Diran: This is the guy leading our country? Seriously, folks...but on to the technical stuff! Like equipment! With his...hardened turban!

Nagan: If you don't, say, wash it enough, that's what happens. And it's probably stronger than his Ring Mail.

Diran: Does it matter? He has no XP! ...or HP. Or TP. Or MP. Or SP.

Hzar: I. Need. TP. For. My. *bricked* Ow.

Diran: AS WE WERE SAYING. On to skills! This 'pulling rank' thing amuses me. See, Innate has no ranks, yes? So it's a COU of 4*0. Which means /nobody cares. EVER./ Just thought I'd let you know.

Nagan: And your 'Body Magic'.

Yinnea: ...He glomps them. And it /hurts/.

Diran: I NEED SAY NO MORE.

<p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:55 am

HE also has 22 points in his stats. :( <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:56 am

(This message was left blank) <p>--------------------

-Scorpius, Farscape

[url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 6/7/04 12:57 am
[/i]

NamagomiMk0

Actually, it IS up for discussion, contrary to what you say.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:10 pm

Okay, so we have the King now, do we? Doesn't mean that I will go easier on him than any other character that I have decided to review. And since Banj was the only one who has done anything close to a review, I might as well kick things off.

Okay. Attributes are fine. Substats seem to be fine, no mathematical errors. However, once again, those seem to not be a trouble to you. The rest is...

First of all, you haven't modified your AT/PA for skill, armor, or weapons. Hell. You haven't even come up with STATS for the armor and weapons. And exactly what are these "Starblades"? Some kind of "legendary" pair of weapons? You haven't explained them out, so you might want to at least start by describing them and then using some stats for a comparable weapon. And don't forget the AT/PA penalties. Those are rather important.

Next, we come to the "skills" section. Wait, WTF? Why would "swords" effectively be listed TWICE? You better flesh out what these damn "Blades" are, honestly, because I have little idea as to how they're supposedly different from swords. You have to give me money if you say it's not up for discussion, and more if you describe them in a way that would make them actually swords. Because I need to buy a new computer, since this one sucks.

All other skills seem fine, though you might want to go and flesh out exactly what "Body Magic" is. People say it makes no sense, so you might want to explain how it does work.

Now, for the other part of badness. The techs. This looks a little better than Sarra's since you got the radio thingy removed. That's not saying much, though.

First off. Protect wouldn't exactly be an Innate skill. It would be a technique derived from some sort of defensive discipline (Which you COULD add if you remove one of those obsolete weapon skills). However, I'm not going to go into specifics. The other problem here is that you're not being clear here. +4 to WHAT kind of physical defense? The only one that seems to WORK here is PA/Dodge rolls, because I KNOW that you weren't thinking of having a skill that temporarily adds to Damage Resistance. I BETTER know that, or else I want some more damn money.

Next, Pulling Rank. As it's an innate, of course it won't work as a damn rank-based skill. Personally, the one setup I think would make sense here is (COU*CHA)%. There, problem solved. Have fun with your 4% chance. Note that I don't think that a lot of people would be intimidated by someone they could stab/shoot/fry/smash on the spot anyway, but your sheet. I'm just adding my opinions.

Now, here's the horrible part. These "Blade techniques". >.< Just LOOKING at them makes me cringe. At least you bothered to come up with your own techniques. Anyway, lessee here. Might as well get started on reviewing these.

Sharp Cut: First of all, that's a damn redundant misnomer if I ever saw one. Outside of that, it does only 9+1d6? You need to get your math...or descriptions...right. Not that it matters, because you need to MAKE STATS FOR THOSE DAMN WEAPONS. For the count, this is the most meaningless skill ever. One attack with a 9+1d6 damage (or damage bonus) still makes little sense, seeing as he can attack twice in a turn.

Rush Blade: Ohnoes. MYSTICAL ENERGY THAT IS UNEXPLAINED propels him! Riiight. I'll remember that it's mystical energy and not, say, the use of his legs, unless his legs are powered by mystical energy, which means that mystical energy would propel him all the time, making that description totally meaningless. Besides that not making any sense, it seems okay, though I don't see why he'd wait a turn for that, given that he could, being ambidextrous, attack four times in two turns and do almost twice the damage that this does, thanks to the fact that 10+d6 extra damage isn't exactly...much.

Diamond Slash: Another meaningless tech, given his ambidexterity. You know, you really need to think techs out, honestly. I'll just withdraw my comments on this one. I'm getting a little bored of typing the same thing out every time, just that this is almost worse than the last tech.

All Slice: No. NO NO NO NO NO. I do NOT approve of this skill at all. Discriminatory Hit-Alls are highly unrealistic, and the damage bonus, like the ones on all of these techs that do...makes no sense. I really don't see why the hell he'd realistically have a discriminatory hit-all. Think of a new damn tech here.

Additionally, the damn techs cost too little anyway.

Now, lastly, for the Body Magic. Now, from what I gather, they control innate bodily functions of the target. This means that this is limited to anything from a standard material plane--elementals, ethereals, and a whole lot of other things won't get hurt by it. Just pointing that out.

Anyway, Mend. Blah, is all I say. You're trying to cover healing and offensive with one spell section. More money please, plus the fact that the body's pretty much going to exert energy for the accelerated healing rate. Amount healed by would probably go down massively thanks to that, and it could even kill someone thanks to the energy needed from the body to do that.

Next is the offensive set. This REALLY doesn't need to be a set of 3 spells, given how they're all non-elemental and do such similar damage levels that it, well...is pointless to have more than one. Hell, the potential damages vary by TWO POINTS BETWEEN EACH SPELL. Nevermind how the king LEARNED this ability, but since these damn things are so redundant it isn't funny, you'd be better off just making ONE spell and saving some of the space on this sheet.

Overall, you need to do a LOT of work on this sheet. And before you say that it's not up for discussion, let me bring up two points. First, I just noticed this ATROCITY of a sheet, so you can't make the excuse of it being posted a bit more than a month ago. Secondly, you're really bringing attention to yourself when you DO say it's not up for discussion. I don't care whether you say it or not, if you didn't want it up for discussion, you shouldn't have posted the damn sheet in the first place. By posting it, you put it up for discussion.

Now, give me my money or correct this sheet. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

GC130A

Re: Actually, it IS up for discussion, contrary to what you

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:53 pm

Well, my limited PS experience prevents me from arguing this very much, but what I can, I will. Someone smack me upside the head with a chair if what I say is wrong.

Yes, the sword-techs are useless. Completely so. Even more because it's an extremely rare battle that stretches out long enough for him to use his <strike>allspice</strike> All-Slice attack.

However, that more or less justifies their existence; there's no fear of them becoming overpowered. "Why bother removing them" is equally as good a question as "why bother having them". And how do you have a totally useless tech cost too little? >_>

I disagree that the Body Magic skills are redundant; the elemental resistances he speaks of are aura-based. Projecting more onto the fire plane and all that. But have you ever tried heating up the body temperature of a fire elemental? How about a red dragon? No, because it'd be stupid. They're biologically and astrally equipped to deal with high temperatures and fire magic equally. It'd be like trying to drown a fish.

That said, getting multiple elements with a skill like that seems to be a big no-no. So, I suggest pumping a few ranks into the elemental magics and combine those with Body Magic to get the appropriate effects.

And several of Dave's characters I've seen have Protect-type techs (innate, too!). Just "defending yourself instead of charging in to slice things to tiny bits, in thy mercy" doesn't require a great deal of training.

Ring Mail is 17 AC with -3/-2 modifiers. Which should be on there, ideally.

After a bit of consideration, I've changed my suggestion (repeat, suggestion) on Pulling Rank; it should modify charisma based on how well the person likes Doma. How much it does should be GM call. Why? Five examples:

Loyal Doman: "Hey, the king! Let's help him!"
Nekonian: "Hey, the king of Doma! Let's help him because we can be made for life if we do!"
Valthi: "Hey, the king of Doma! We don't give a shit, you're still going to pay us! No, wait, you'll pay us triple."
Revolutionary Doman: "Hey, the king! Let's kidnap him and hold him for ransom!"
Loyal Barian: "Hey, the king of Doma! Let's kill him!"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gc130a>GC130A</A] at: 7/14/04 1:29 pm

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

I feel so Ina-Ina-Inarticulate.

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:30 pm

Well, I'm not sure what the Starblades are, but I'm sure that, well, a King of what seems to be the most economically strong nation on Gaera would have some pretty spiffy weapons. And the Pulling Rank deal doesn't seem so off either; given how he's got the power to pretty much wage war on you. Killing him would also drag down a whole bunch of doom on your head. And some of those techs really don't matter; not everyone is trying to do as much damage as possible. I feel that a King would certainly have IC reasons to keep things clean.

I can't help but sense a touch of a strong personal edge to your post, Nama. Perhaps you should work some things out with KoD in private before trying to tear him down in public?

Anyways, some numberwork; and a bit of explanation on Body Magic should do it, Sir KoD.

NamagomiMk0

I have my reasons.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:16 pm

Capn: This hasn't been the first charsheet of his that I've had the displeasure of reviewing. Go check out Sarra's sheet further up in this thread.

I can tell that this has been modified from its original incarnation...But this isn't a very good modification. And he never even bothered to even add numbers for equipment. I'm surprised he got that character into a RP, personally. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^

Uncle Pervy

Re: I have my reasons.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:43 pm

Perhaps the GMs had no problem with it?

I would like to see Body Magic divvied up into elemental bases myself; those could then go on to back some of the swordtechs as well as the actual spells.

Overall, needs some work, but not necessarily so much as indicated. I've seen worse. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:54 pm

Doug. I've got nothing to add to the discussion of stats, but I do feel the need to point out that you're getting just a wee bit too vicious here, especially considering that Charles isn't a random newbie with no idea of how we do things here. By all means, critique if you want, but be civil about it.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:22 pm

I love when people ignore subject lines.

The sheet is not up for discussion. The character is set. It shall be used. If no one wants to have the king in their RP, fine. I've made my char, and I'm sticking to it.

*last he's saying on this* <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:34 am

With no equipment stats and the "no one cares ever" loophole?

Chalk one up for sticking to your guns. XD

I'd GM for him, though. If I GMed. Which I don't.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:50 am

I'd just like to reiterate that as it stands, Pulling Rank does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:53 am

And up for discussion or not, he had too many stat points. :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Next