Welcome, player, to Y'tuin (Open RP, check the OOC thread)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Teh Kev

Re: OMG!!!!

Unread postby Teh Kev » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:05 pm

Saori waved her shield a bit. "If you're worried about running out of health and magic..." She patted her chest a bit. "I more or less have a somewhat full inventory of healing items... It's funny how that happens when you transfer over from a semi important postion in an older version..." She chuckled a bit, before walking over to the door in the back. "As for holy spells, at my current level, I could more or less fire off a single one before being completely drained of mana." Her path continued as she walked over and knocked on the 'out of order' door, then trying to pry it open if possible. Best to investigate it before the skeletal hoard got here, then after.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:32 am

"This COULD be a very, very mean event. Perhaps we just need to hold out until we're rescued or something."

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:10 am

Raze stopped walking toward the door and reached up to his neck. It looked like he was fumbling with something that wasn't actually there for a moment...

"There." His voice was higher pitched now -- no longer the strong baritone from before but more of a tenor. He turned toward Terra.

"I think Alex has the right idea here. Let's wait until we see something more telling than a skeleton hoard to log out. I mean, what could happen? It's just a game!"

With that, he reached up and turned on his voice filter--a physical indication of stepping back into character apparently.

"This chapel is virtually undefendable... We've got nothing to reinfoce the doors with, and the skeletons are going to have an easy time breaking in and climbing through the windows. We need to find an inconspicous way out, or some other way to turn the battle to our favor."

With that, Raze turned to the back of the chapel and started walking towards the "out of order" door Saori was already prodding.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:37 am

Ethra had been silent through the whole tactical discussion, spending his time on summoning the only creature he hadn't summoned yet, slimes.

"...the GMs sounded as if they were losing control of the situation, because he seemed irritated. Seriously where's that guy from Evil Dead when you need him."

Ethra stretched his arms out and got up from his meditative position.

"I still wonder what got the skeletons rilled up... and how the NPCS are handling this... no overpowered guards I see are coming to our aid... yet."

He finally noticed Raze going back in character. "We could always just lure all the skellies in here, start to burn this place down... and then blast a whole in the wall as an escape while hopefully taking down the skellies at the same time. Though that sounds a bit... unholy. Heheh... hey what god is this church dedicated to anyway..."

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:49 pm

Okay, let's think logically. The only thing I can think of that could do this is somehow having an NPC instance in a monster's body. But that doesn't explain the... EMP effect that she did, but it's all I have for now. The only question is... how? Cerr thought. She then had an inspiration.

"Celine, can you tell me the first thing you remember? It may help."

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:25 pm

"Vandalizing and destroying our current refuge doesn't seem like that great of an idea. If this is some non-GM's doing, staying holed up might be the best course of action since we don't know if there's anything particularly nasty lurking about those skellies, like a mutation algorithm that disassembles characters who are hit or slain or maybe some kind of new way of interacting with your avatar to introduce viruses.

"Plus, I'm not too sure if there's any real benefit to trying to killing the skeletons would benefit us in any way, shape or form- I'm not sure if burning the building down with targets inside qualifies you for experience since the killing blows weren't originated by your character but by an environment effect, so who knows if the system would chalk up the kills to your count or to a system occurrence.

"Then there's the fact that GMs are essentially gods. Why do they need OUR help, when they can alter this world at their whim? Staying safe and holed up or finding a way out sound like better options to me."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:01 am

"This is more like Mount Olympus and ancient Greece I believe. The gods are limited in power... and even if you speak of more "modern" gods... they all have prophets as far as I know..."

Ethra began organizing his slimes into regiments, dividing their numbers as squall as possible in thirds, numbering them.

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:43 am

Despite her stubborn refusal to break character, Luziel's mind was quietly racing to crunch the numbers on their situation. There were some unfortunately small numbers, being compared to some very large ones.

"The only advantage we have in battle is that bottleneck there." She gestured at the front door. "If we can hold them at the door, it becomes a battle of endurance... not power or numbers."

She frowned. "The main question then is if we can hold them at the door for so long. It assumes we can defeat at least three skeletons at once, that we can provide steady and prompt healing, and that we have enough discipline to hold the line. If we can't do these things, then we should seek a solution other than battle." She made her way to the front of the church and peeked out the front door, trying to see how close the horde was.

Elitegamer7539

Unread postby Elitegamer7539 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:35 pm

Raze turned to Luziel as he continued walking towards the "out of order" door.

"Bottleneck? What bottleneck?" He gestured towards the windows. "Unless these are made of some magically unbreakable glass, they will come through those. As low as they are, it won't take them long to get through them. We need alternatives, and we need them now. I'm looking at the out of order door right now, but that's probably just a bathroom."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

I live! Sorta. *Coughs*

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:33 pm

The Out-Of-Order door wouldn't even bude, no matter how hard they pushed at it. Seems stuck in ways that they couldn't manage to open. The door in the front did, indeed seem like a bottleneck...

Terra finally spoke up again, adding, "But...if they were able to break the windows open, wouldn't we be covered in skeletons by now? Seems like they're either unbreakable...or the undead is too stupid to think of it. But...y'know, the GMs did mention some problems with 'sentient skeletons' when Tiff, Ethra and I met them. Maybe this relates to it?"

Meanwhile, Cerr simply sniffed a bit before saying, "Um...well...I remember walking around a graveyard. I wasn't a skeleton then. And then there was some sort of flash of light, and I...was missing all my flesh. And there were other skeletons. Oh, and I was out for a while, since the sun wasn't up when I was a skeleton."

Gojo and Sorune? They were having their own problems. We'll check up on them later.

Mechanisto

Re: I live! Sorta. *Coughs*

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:06 pm

"Sentient?" Luziel looked surprised at Terra's comment. She then frowned a bit, eyeing their bottleneck critically.

She went over to the short entryway, approached the front door, and actually peeked through the small window at what the skeletons were doing... if they were even within sight.

Zemyla

Re: I live! Sorta. *Coughs*

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm

(OOC: Cerr is my character. Celine is the skeleton. Get them straight. :{ )

Cerr said, "Hmm, that helps, but I need to know more. Was there anyone there who wasn't a skeleton?"

Meanwhile, she was pondering this new information. Okay, so my theory is correct, but that doesn't explain the energy burst. Fortunately, it didn't affect me. But why? Is it because she's friendly towards me, or --

She just barely avoided gasping in shock, only by coughing. What if it's because I'm a PC, and maybe the GMs are NPCs? And what's happened to them?

She turned her head ever so slightly and muttered in the form of a command, "find Sorune". If things hadn't changed too much from Reyta to Y'tuin, it should let her find him if he was online.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Whee, you're all screwed! =D

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:16 pm

Looking out the window, there were certainly skeletons there...but they weren't moving at all. How strange that was.

Cerr would find not hide nor hair of the GM, and Celine simply kept quiet while she did it.

Zemyla

Re: Whee, you're all screwed! =D

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:53 pm

What on Earth has happened to him? Cerr wondered, starting to get frightened. However, she said to Celine, "I don't know what's happened to you, and I don't know if I can help you, but I swear I will do all in my power to protect you."

For her, it was a matter of principle, that one did not just destroy something just because they didn't understand it.

Previous

Return to Other RPs