The Colloseum Revisited (PhilSys Combat Tests)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Koneko

She is. n_n

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:14 pm

Pelm's eyes narrowed. "Perhaps I was not clear," she said, fury evident in her voice as she pointed at Siolen, "You. You use magic, or find the next beam coming at you from me!" A steely glint in her eye made it clear to any observer that she would indeed blast Siolen if compliance was not forthcoming.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 11/1/03 9:17 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: She is. n_n

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:19 am

"FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES WON'T HELP MATTERS, DAMMIT!" Rikk shouted. He wasn't sure what the issue was here, but he didn't really know any magic that would be useful in this situation anyways. Why the mage had moved off and started throwing up was beyond him. For now, the best thing to do would be deal with the monsters, then worry about what would have been the best method to use.

The nearest Glynn was to his left, but instead of turning directly to face it, he pulled around to the right, setting up another pair of vicious kicks.

((Gattling Kick, Glynn A))

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: She is. n_n

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:44 am

"Right." Ignoring the infuriating woman for now, Siolen moved to get a clear shot and fired at the Glynn Rikkard was going after.

If she tried to make good on her threats, she would regret it.

Divinegon2130

*can smell the chaos from here*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:35 pm

Rikkard's first kick was ducked by the glynn, but the creature, thinking he was safe, stood right up.... and into the path of the second kick, causing him to lose balance.

Meanwhile, Siolen's crossbow bolt struck home again, embedding in the glynn's chest. Pelm knew there wasn't much chance left for her if the bloodshed couldn't be halted soon - heck, probably one more surge of blood could cause her to slip into unconsciousness from the shock of mana poisoning.

(Rikkard deals 34 damage, Siolen deals 40. Pelm is down to 13/67 HP. Pelm's turn, and [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/4/03 3:42 pm
[/i]

Koneko

You know, I had no idea this tech would be so useful!

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:24 pm

Pelm's eyes narrowed further as she considered firing off a beam at Siolen, but then had a much better idea. A just punishment.

"You see," she said, somewhat weakly, "There is this 'condition' of mine. When some idiot like you decides to go crazy with the bloodletting..."

She focused again on sending her excess mana to Siolen, this time with the full intention of overload, attempting to stop it just when Siolen was almost to the point of not being able to learn her lesson.

"...this is what it feels like!" The blue and yellow wisps shot at Siolen once more, but this time, she wagered, Siolen just couldn't handle it, and would feel almost exactly what she had caused on Pelm.

Of course, cutting off at the right moment was never Pelm's strong point.

(Pelm transfers more mana to Siolen. I'd suggest an INT check to see whether or not she stops at 5 TP to transfer 30 MP (success), or manages to screw up and use 6 TP to transfer 36. (failure))

Divinegon2130

Re: You know, I had no idea this tech would be so useful!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:00 pm

Siolen could feel herself drastically weakening and sickening as the mana from Pelm flowed into her. Luckily, Pelm cut it off at the last possible second, leaving Siolen conscious, but the damage was done.

(Pelm succeeds in transferring 30 MP to Siolen, leaving Siolen at 2/55 HP [which results in a -4/-4 penalty until she's healed], and leaving Pelm with only 6 blood MP remaining.)

Meanwhile, the glynn near Intemera continued its attack, but not very accurately, a kick whizzing by Intemera's head.

(Glynn B misses. Intemera's turn, no hexboard update.)

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:53 pm

Intemera pondered, but quickly. No blood, eh? That should be easy enough. Intemera lashed out with another kick.

(Standard kick, aimed at Glynn B.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=zemyla>Zemyla</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/4/03 8:54 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:15 pm

Intemera found her kick blocked by the glynn's arms, which were immediately lowered afterwards.

Meanwhile, the glynn near Rikkard tried to kick him, and its foot actually grazed his side, though Rikkard was able to take the blow fairly easily.

(Intemera misses, Rikkard takes 6 damage. Rikkard's turn, no update needed to the hexboard.)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:19 pm

Rikk snorted at the Glynn's weak kick, then lowered his fist and fired off a quick uppercut, aiming for the chin.

(Standard punch, called shot aimed at the head.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Vengeance!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:38 pm

"You... Want... Magic?" The words were ground out through teeth gritted against the pain. "Here."

Drawing in a deep, painful breath, Siolen unleashed a blast of fire towards Pelm.

Divinegon2130

....not exactly.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:52 pm

Rikkard's punch smacked the glynn squarely in the chin, sending the creature reeling and forcing it to stand back for a moment.

Meanwhile, Siolen's blast of fire simply washed over Pelm without effect. Seems her revenge didn't go as planned.

(Rikkard deals 30 damage, and Siolen's attack is resisted. Pelm's turn, and hexboard updated.)

Koneko

Shame, really. Siolen was doing so well.

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:26 am

Pelm resisted the urge to cackle like a maniac at Siolen's pathetic attempt to hurt her. Seems the lady was right, her magic was not good for much. Pelm's, however...

A somewhat twisted grin lit up Pelm's face as, for the last time, she called forth her wisps of mana. "Fine, let the lesson go unlearned, idiot," she said simply as she sent them sailing toward Siolen.

(Pelm uses all of 1 TP to give Siolen 6 MP and clear her blood pool.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 11/11/03 12:27 am

Divinegon2130

Re: Shame, really. Siolen was doing so well.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:49 pm

Pelm's idea seemed fine enough at first.... but what Pelm had forgotten to take into account was that Siolen's fire breathing meant the discharge of mana into her would not make her pass out.

Meanwhile, the glynn near Intemera tried to resume its assault on her, though another punch delivered by the creature wound up off target.

(Siolen has 81/90 MP, Pelm has 14/28 TP and no blood MP, and Intemera dodged another attack. Intemera's turn.)

Zemyla

Re: Shame, really. Siolen was doing so well.

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:00 pm

Intemera stole a quick glance at Pelm. Yes, she was still up. She was tempted to stab the glynn again, to stop her from assaulting her allies, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

So she worked on bringing the glynn in front of her down with a swift punch to the gut.

(Gut Punch on Glynn B.)

Divinegon2130

Ran out of Focus. Damn Matrix limits.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:14 pm

Intemera slammed her fist hard into the glynn's stomach, causing it to drop to its knees in pain. It wasn't exactly down for the count, but it was close, and the pain in its stomach meant it wouldn't be fighting for a fair bit.

Which left Intemera a little breathing room.

Meanwhile, the glynn near Rikkard almost planted its foot into his stomach, but a quick dodge backward prevented the foot from hitting.

(Intemera deals 19 damage, stunning effect lasts for 2 rounds. The other glynn misses. Rikkard's turn. No update for hexboard, as I only keep track of movement on that.)

JoshuaDurron

Re: Ran out of Focus. Damn Matrix limits.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:10 pm

Rikk hauled forward off of his backstep and slammed both hands down toward the glynn's head.

(Normal punch, Glynn closest to Rikk.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I had to do it.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:31 pm

Siolen leveled her crossbow at Pelm, the words "resist this" forming on her lips... And fired.

Divinegon2130

Didn't think I'd ever have to.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:05 pm

Rikk slammed both of his fists hard into the glynn's skull, almost cracking it from the sheer force of his blow. He'd brought the glynn that much closer to its last.

Meanwhile, Siolen's bolt sank deep into Pelm's chest. The simple force of the bolt was enough to knock her body to the ground, but coupled with her weakened state, Pelm could survive no more. Her cat soul rose from her body....

....and farther up where the combatants couldn't hear, the deity watching groaned. Obviously, this wasn't one of the people he counted on having to resurrect when this was over.

Meanwhile, the glynn near Intemera was still clutching its stomach in pain. With Pelm no longer alive, Intemera realized she'd have an easier time taking the creature out.

(Rikkard deals 46 damage. Siolen deals 29 damage, enough to bring Pelm down to -16 HP. Meaning Pelm is dead.

Intemera's turn, and hexboard updated. If a PC dies in here, I will always put the spot where they died on the hexboard for reference.)

Zemyla

Re: Didn't think I'd ever have to.

Unread postby Zemyla » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:59 am

Intemera stole a glance at where Pelm fell. Siolen, she swore silently, I am going to help defeat these bloody things. And then I am going to kick your backside all through the arena!

However, the fact that Pelm was dead did open up certain avenues of action. Namely, she could spill blood again.

Let's try this once more. She stabbed several times at her helpless enemy.

(Multi-stab, on Glynn B.)

Divinegon2130

Again already?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:38 pm

Intemera had no trouble sinking the trident into the stunned glynn not once, not twice, not three times....

...heck, the trident went in on all four stabs, and the glynn simply collapsed from its injury. With how badly he was hurt, he wouldn't be getting up without the help of a high priest.

The last glynn noticed this, and realizing he didn't want to be in the same position, he backed off from Rikkard and leaped into the air, a ball of light in his hands. He then slammed into the ground, releasing the energy in the ball in a wide blast.

The glynn, being a creature of the light, was immune to this but the others took it hard. Rikkard took the blow the lightest, slightly aided by his resistance, and seemed fine. Intemera wasn't so lucky, taking sizable burns from the spell and just barely being able to stand.

Which left Siolen. Poor Siolen. Even though she was only on the edge of the blast, the burns combined with her weakened state to bring her down. Down for the count, it turned out. Her soul left its vessel as well.

Way up in the stands, the deity, strangely, was writing something down.

(Intemera deals 111 damage, enough to take out Glynn B. Rikkard takes 22 damage and Intemera and Siolen take 24 damage each. This puts Rikkard at 42/70, Intemera at 11/75 (with 13 subdual damage, but she stays up due to Pain Resistance), and Siolen at -22/55 (another death).

Rikkard's turn, and hexboard updated.)

JoshuaDurron

Re: Again already?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:15 pm

Rikk hopped forward through the blast, spinning on his heel and sending a speeding heel flying towards the remaining Glynn. He was getting tired of these creatures, and they were running short on allies.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:28 pm

Rikkard's foot planted itself squarely in the glynn's stomach, causing it to double over in pain. It was clearly not going to be able to take abuse much longer - at this rate, probably another solid blow could bring it down.

(Rikkard deals 32 damage. Intemera's turn, and hexboard updated.)

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:45 pm

No sooner had Intemera finished with the glynn she killed than the world lit up with fire around her. It ended just as quickly as it started, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to take another one of those blasts. Already, she was running on pure willpower. She turned just in time to see the glynn catch Rikkard's foot. Maybe we can win after all.

So she dashed over and stabbed once at the glynn, hoping it would be put out of commision for good.

(Standard trident stab, on the glynn.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:55 pm

Intemera's timing couldn't have been better. Her trident sank into the glynn's back, causing the thing to go limp.

She and Rikkard had done it. Against such extreme odds.

(Intemera deals 51 damage and takes the last glynn out. I'll get to the next battle probably later tonight or early tomorrow. Hexboard has been updated for now.)

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:00 pm

After stabbing the last glynn, Intemera looked up, and stood in a pose that was supposed to be triumphant, but, due to her condition, looked rather wan.

She then walked over to Rikkard. "That was some pretty good work. So, what's your name?"

(Do we get EXP for this battle?)

Koneko

>:{

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:18 am

(No.)

JoshuaDurron

Random RP until the next round!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:40 pm

Rikk managed a cocky grin himself, extending his arm to grip Intermera's hand firmly. "Rikk. I'm a monk who's been sent on a 'training journey'. I don't think this is exactly what my master had in mind when he sent me out, though... Anyways. You are?"

Zemyla

Re: Random RP until the next round!

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:50 pm

Intemera smiled herself. "I'm Intemera. This kind of thing is familiar to me, as I work as a gladiator back home."

Koneko

Don't let sleeping cats lie. Only dead ones.

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:20 pm

%I see dead people...% Pelm wondered to herself.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Don't let sleeping cats lie. Only dead ones.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:29 am

"A gladiator, 'eh? Ever run into critters like these before?" He toed the Glynn with his foot.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:06 pm

Intemera shook her head. "Nope, never. Which is kind of fortunate, since I wouldn't want to fight these things on a regular basis."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:13 pm

Rikk folded his arms and nodded his agreement. "That's for sure. They're persistent little buggers. But apparently holy in nature. Which makes me wonder how they wound up here, fighting us. Of course, I'm not really sure why I'm here, either..."

Divinegon2130

Round two.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:58 pm

After a while of considering his choices, the deity above decided that things didn't go as he'd hoped with this party. A fresh start was in order.

Thusly, the beings that were below - including the ones that had fallen - felt themselves surrounded by a warm glow. Within moments, they found themselves back where they had been before, not feeling or even remembering what was done.

Meanwhile, the deity went and selected another group. He hoped for a more entertaining group this time.

(Now that the round is over, all of the characters that were involved, as well as the three glynns, are sent back whence they came. They won't actually remember this, as a note.

Meanwhile, Loake, Gregory, Kuriko, and Kumo are going to enter for this round. Once all four of you have posted entrances, I'll get the actual round started. Hexboard updated to show starting positions.)

JoshuaDurron

Re: Round two.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:38 pm

Kuriko Kiri, a defender of the Gaudium realm, awoke with a start, suddenly and distinctly aware that something fundamental had changed in her surroundings. As she became aware of her environment, she glanced around, adjusting the targeting sight over her left eye with one hand. For the moment, the large arena she was in looked deserted.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:44 pm

Loake rolled onto his side. The ex-crimeboss was known for being a slacker at times, downright lazy at others...Though the way he slept, one would think otherwise. "Just five more minutes", he grumbled...Until he realised he wasn't in his soft bed anymore. He sat up with a start, looking around quickly. "...What the hell?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:01 pm

Also looking around, bewildered was a certain very small, foot-and-a-half tall Moogle, colored light-blue unlike many others. He wore a whip at his side...and was as cute as can be.

"...Where is this?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:43 pm

Kiri saw the arival of the arena's third occupant and felt a sense of astonishment building in her. Moogles hadn't been heard from since the fall of Tyrant's old order. What was one doing here? The whole situation made her increasingly uneasy.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Sorry, been away. >_>;;

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:18 am

As the others get used to their situation, Greg suddenly appears, crouching down and appearing as if he had been holding some form of bucket. He seems to be muttering to himself as he pops in.

"This'll be one of my...wait, huh?"

He looks around in confusion, as he realizes he isn't where he was. He appears to yell out to...well, someone, but who exactly it isn't apparant, although he isn't speaking to anyone else present.

"...Jonathon? This one of yours? Because if so, the shock value is good, but...well, I don't get it. You definitely need work."

Divinegon2130

Re: Sorry, been away. >_>;;

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:09 pm

Before long, the deity again made his presence known to the group he had assembled.

"The dragon shall be your trial. Defeat him and you may yet live."

The dragon he had been talking about then suddenly came in. He was longnecked, wingless, and reddish in tone, yet about five or so times the size of any of them.

.....probably more than that number for the little moogle he had materialized near.

(Combat starts. Initiative is:
-Kumo
-Loake
-Kuriko
-Gregory
-Ibrandlin

Hexboard has been updated, and Kumo can start the show off.)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Kumo made a COU check. *Dances*

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:00 pm

The little Moogle, though looking more than a tad bewildered at the sudden teleportation, the mysterious person telling them to fight the dragon, the dragon itself, and definately more than a tad scared at the last, quickly rose to the occasion and...danced.

"Disco INFERNO!" The little one cried, as a flame rose in front of him.

(Flame Dance)

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs