Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: >.> <.< x2

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Jagen spoke in his Expedition Commander voice, something he'd been trying to develop. "The three of you are under the command of Tur'nasus right now. She knows what you need to pick up from the beach. Arenda and I will stay here and start setting up what we can of the camp, so we can eat a decent dinner tonight. Is that understood?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:01 am

Wispuna stood up strait and bowed.

"Yes sir," she said.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:15 am

"Understood," Arenda said affirmatively.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:35 am

Tur'nasus trudged through the undergrowth of the jungle around her, continually looking about at the foliage. She also made sure to keep an extra eye on Avry'l. She sighed, and continued on, when she heard yet another rustling in the leaves. Forget it, I'm sick and tired of all this. I'm turning off my paranoia... She ignored the sound, and continued on once more, heading towards the sounds of waves crashing.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:51 am

(OOC: Right. Are we still looking to continue this, despite the loss of over a month's worth of posts?)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/12/05 11:41

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:41 pm

(OOC: Well, all that's happened was that Tur's group went to the beach and picked up some stuff, Jagen and Arenda stayed and got the camp ready, and some guy from the Order of Earth put our Laethans under surveillance.

So, I'd continue.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:53 pm

((I'm fine....)

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:20 pm

(he he me to its just that wisp isn't doing anything other than folowing peeps around for now.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:58 pm

(OOC: Right. So.

I forget what actually happened so far, so skip to Arenda and Jagen having finished putting together the soup. It...was soup, right?)

Jagen gingerly stirred the pot of soup with a spoon - the ladle wasn't at the campsite yet, so he'd have to make do. Still, the flames were rather high and it made it rather difficult, especially because it was a rather short spoon.

"All the bowls and stuff that we can find you put out, right, Arenda? We're down one for now, so I'll eat out of the pot or something."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:08 am

"Yeah, they're all out," Arenda said. "But you don't have to take the pot if you don't want to. I'm... the one who got us injured..."

She felt ashamed again and started to stare at the ground. But then she shook her head and groaned.

"Dammit, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself," she muttered.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 6/16/05 15:18

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:59 pm

Jagen blinked. "Actually, I got my side bit right in the beginning. This is totally not your fault, at all. Don't worry about it; I'm perfectly cool eating out of the pot."

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:53 pm

"It... It's not my fault?" Arenda asked. "But I... I..."

Arenda thought about it for a moment.

"Well... I guess it might not be," she finally said. "I guess the scouting wasn't really a bad idea... Was it?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:20 pm

"Well, Tur'nasus and Wispuna didn't go far before they were attacked, so better that we met those monsters over there before they could ambush us in our camp. I was actually going to put out a scouting party tomorrow, and we probably would have gotten attacked before then. You had it totally right."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:29 pm

((Just wondering, Spleen, are you going to say when we get back to camp, or is that up to me?))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:07 am

(OOC: Don't care.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:36 pm

Tur's group of traveling misfits, er, group of soldiers, along with all the luggage and equipment they needed, finally arrived at the camp only a few minutes after the soup had been finished. The entire group, as Tur could see, was exhausted from the hike, and she herself was exhausted from trying to keep with Avry'l and keeping an eye on him.

Tur dropped her stuff, walked over to Jagen, gave a rather sloppy salute and said, rather sarcastically, "Mission accomplished, sir." She then plopped down on the floor and drooped her head.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:44 pm

Arenda saw Jagen's point.

"Yeah... I guess you're right," she said, her mood starting to improve.

She looked off in the direction of the beach as she reflected for a moment.

"This is the farthest I've ever been into the wilderness, though," she said. "I've gone out on patrols about a day's march beyond a few border towns, but that's about all the experience I've had. Other than that, all I've got to rely on are my intuition and a little reading."

She then laughed for a moment and turned her sight back to Jagen.

"But I don't suppose that's any excuse to lose my confidence."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 6/27/05 15:23

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:43 pm

Jagen smiled and put a hand on Arenda's shoulder. "Hey, I'm winging it, too, and I'm the commander. The only expeditions I've been on were little tiny scouts. It's okay to lose your confidence for a second, but remember that sometimes all you get is a second, and you have to make it count. Remember, too, that what's in the books and what's in the classes is given to us for a reason."

Having said this (in a low volume that no one but he and Arenda could hear), he turned to the newly returned force of equipment-getters. "Take a seat, everybody. I'm sure you're all exhausted. I made us some soup. Arenda, you get the soup into the bowls and I'll chop this piece of wood they brought us."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:49 am

Tur got up fromher slouched position and this time went over to one of the make-shift seats around the campsite to sit down. She tookout her bow and arrows ans inspected them. She had a friend who'd gone into the business of "inventing" new arrows to be used, and Tur was her guniea pig. She looked at her assortment of oddly shaped arrows and chuckled to herself. She remembered the last time she'd used one of her friend's arrows, which failed miserably and didn't fly at all.

She checked her normal arrows, made surethe tips were still pointy and that they were bound tightly to the shaft, and that the feathers that were so crucial to their flight were still in good order.Then she turned to her miscellaneous arrows, and sighed, trying to figure out how they worked and how to change them to ensure they'd fly.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:21 pm

Arenda dished out a serving of the soup into each of the bowls, set them out on whatever was being used for a table, then sat down with her own and started eating.

Her mind was finally settled at this point. She decided to take Jagen's words to heart, that the classes and the books really did have a purpose. She also decided that she wouldn't freak out again, and that she would believe that she was prepared for this mission.

But as for Avry'l though, the thought of him still made Arenda feel nervous. He was her superior in rank, so her only recourse would be to stay out of his way.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:25 pm

Jagen chopped the wood up and threw some of it onto the growing fire. "You guys have any trouble out there?" he asked Tur'nasus as he sat down to his soup.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 pm

"Well" Tur said, tossing her bag full of strange arrows aside and getting a bowl of soup, "Nothing besides Sir Hacks-a-lot over there and his farm tool. No, the expedition to get supplies was fairly boring. No rabid squirrelly thingys attacking."

She looked at the soup and was reminded of the gruel her mom used to serve her. Her mom, mind you, was a really bad cook. She picked up a spoon and ate it anyways.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:42 pm

Arenda was eating the soup. She decided that it was regular soup.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:59 pm

"Right," Jagen said. "That should be everything we need to do today. We'll finish dinner, then finish pitching the last of the tents. Then we'll go to sleep. I'll sit first watch."

(OOC: EDIT: Also, note the sexy new Telerak Zekail avatar theme.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/18/05 17:59

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:26 am

Avry'l hopped down from the branch of a tree not far from the center of the campsite, and slowly made his way over to the camp.

"Hmmm..." he said, surveying the area that the group had returned to. "I took an alternate route returning from the forest...how strange...it seems like it took me four times as long to make it back..."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:57 pm

Tur tipped her head back, finishing the last of her soup when she heard Avry'l come through the brush. She rolled her eyes, though the bowl was blocking her eyes. She set down the bowls, looked at her friend's arrows, and sighed. These are going to be useless, she thought. She looked at Avry'l, and sighed again. What a crew...

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:16 pm

Jagen's watch went off without a hitch. After a few hours, he opened the flap of Tur'nasus' tent. "You're next watch, Tur."

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:04 pm

Tu had ben woken from a rather uneventful slumber, and when Jagen came in, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Even when she left the tent, her eyes were still threatening to close up on her. She sat down at the fire and forced her eyes open. After a few minutes of blinking, her eyes stayed open.

(OOC: I will not be here for the next five or six days. I give Spleen complete and total control over my character unless he makes her inflict wounds upon herself, in which case I shall inflict wounds upon him the next time I see him.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:48 pm

After Tur'nasus' turn was Wispuna's, and after hers Avry'l's, followed by Vas's, and finally Arenda stood watch and observed the sunrise.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:02 am

Arenda had fallen asleep quickly at bedtime, but she had already woken up and gotten her armor on by the time her watch began. As the light from the sun finally arrived to illuminate the camp, the worry of having to fight the in the dark against nocturnal predators left the Gustohran's thoughts for the day. Still, she stayed on the alert for any creatures that might have been looking for one last pre-bedtime meal or for early-risers that might have been looking for breakfast. She also kept track of the sun so as not to be a minute late in waking up the rest of the team when the time came.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:38 pm

(OOC: I get the weird feeling that Molo, Popo, and Bunnygirle have totally forgotten about this RP.)

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:06 pm

(OOC: Me thinks it's time for our good GM to give them an unnecessarily hard poke and remind them about this RP.)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:49 pm

(OOC: Yeah, I would, if I could find any of them. I haven't seen Molo or Popo online in weeks.)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:49 pm

(OOC: I live!)

Avry'l ended the night perched on a limb of a nearby tree just out of the tent, a huge, hulking vulture barely visibile in the thin light of the moon. Strangely enough, he was in the same position when morning came around...either he was an insomniac, or suddenly became very adamant about guard duty.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:05 am

(OOC: *Tur goes over to poke Avry'l and finds out it's a cardboard cutout!*)

Tur awoke with a deep yawn, and rubbed her eyes. She looked about, ready for her roommate's usual early morning pillow bash, then remembered that she was deep in the middle of an uncharted jungle island with an all too young leader and a crazy egotistical guy with a farm tool, among others. She yawned again. And to think I wanted to go on another mission... She slowly climbed out of her tent and stretched.

Previous

Return to Other RPs