Elemaer: On Two Fronts

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Elemaer: On Two Fronts

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:11 pm

(OOC: For reference, the OOC thread can be found [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/2/05 7:11
[/i]

darkknight61189
Rice President

Another Long Vacation

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:27 pm

Tur'nasus, or Tur for short, wandered about the docks, trying to find the place she needed to go. She held the bow in her left hand, and the paper in her right with her assignments. She tried to no prevail to make her way through the crowded to dock, and wanted to just float over them all, but decided not to, saying as though the paper said not to draw attention. She weaved in and out of the crowd, finally finding the dock she needed to be at. She sat down near the boat, not trying to draw attention, and pulled out the contents of her bag. She was Immediately assigned the mission the moment she returned from her last trip, so she only had time to restock on the essentials: a medical kit, some more arrows, a few extra strings, and some food rations that would last a month if not eaten haphazardly. Unfortunately. the way she was, the food wouldn't last more than half a month.

She closed her eyes and calmed herself, remembering what her mom had told her about relaxing. One of the most important things that her parents had taught her about archery was to relax, and the relaxing exercise she was going through at the moment helped to calm her nerves and quench the adrenaline that was running rampant about her system. She pulled out her hair tie, letting her hair fall down naturally to her shoulders, then waited w=for the rest of the people to arrive.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:53 pm

Avry`l stood on the roof of a tall house, rising above the crowd of people going this way and that on the docks. He didn`t feel like arriving early, but he didn`t know who the people he was assigned with were, or where they were, so it didn`t matter. He would know them soon enough, which was an exciting thought. He had been in the Order all his life, but new missions were always the funnest. He always found himself growing tired of the daily duties, which is why he grew to creating strange relationships with people, confusing them, pursuing them, and then dissapearing into the shadows. Nothing brought him more joy, except when the day would come when he could finally engage in a dramatic duel with his self-proclaimed arch-enemy, Shak'ral Leghtar. The Arch-Stormbringer, in reality, had little to do with Avry'l, and barely even knew him. However, Avry'l never missed a chance to see Shak'ral, although he never had a chance to in person. Shak'ral was powerful, having been chosen by the Goddess herself, and that is what drove Avry'l to his obsession. One day, he would fight Shak'ral, and although he might lose. . .he would still be in bliss. To engage in battle with someone so much more powerful and stronger than himself. . .

"A higher joy doth not exist." he whispered to himself, smiling in glee as he watched the people down below.

At this time, he was content to standing up and engaging in one of his favorite pastimes - people-watching. He sat down on the rooftop of the building, laying his seven-foot scythe down beside him. He had some free time, and this amused him greatly.

He fiddled with a cat`s cradle as he did so, his blue eyes flitting between people down on the docks. His purple/blue mantle blew with his dark blue hair in the wind, and he sat, waiting for someone interesting to catch his eye.

Spleen

Re: Elemaer: On Two Fronts

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:36 pm

One of the people down at the docks, but one not so interesting as to catch the eye of Avry'l, was the leader of the expedition, Wind Guide Jagen Turlis. He was, at that moment, trying to sort an unwieldly stack of papers while navigating the crowded docks and searching for the pier (that had so nearly eluded Thundaran Ethrane three weeks previous) all at the same time, and failing. He dropped Gustohran Arenda's past assignment record, and nearly had to chase it down to keep it from being carried off by the heavy and fragrant sea breeze.

He found the dock relatively soon thereafter, and noticed Tur'nasus standing there, eyes closed in what seemed to him to be meditation. He stood uneasily in front of her, waiting for her to open her eyes.

"Uh, hi. Were you assigned to the Aenre expedition?"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:53 am

Vasinis Weathran, Jr., or Vas, strolled down the docks, inhaling the salty ocean air. The breeze was blowing this way and that way, causing his clothes to billow and his cape to whip around. This didn't both Vas at all because he wasn't really aware of it, but it did seem to irritate all of those walking near him because any time a strong gust blew through, someone got a face full of half cape. But, as was said, that was the last thing on his mind.

He was so excited to be able to leave the city. He had never left it in his eighteen years of life, and the fact that he, a Gustohran, had been chosen above others of higher rank had yet to cease amazing him. He glanced down at the piece of paper with the pier number scrolled on it and glanced up at the piers alongside him.

"Dammit," he mumbled. "Missed it." With that, he wheeled around in the middle of the crowd, causing one man to drop a basket full of fish. Vas started to stop and help the man pick them up, but then he realized that the fish had fallen all over a very large fellow with several missing teeth and an earring who was reaching into his vest for something. Vas bolted, knocking still more people over. He counted as he ran, and as he reached the pier he was supposed to go to he made a ninety degree turn and burst out of the crowd. He tripped on a loose stone and tumbled to the feet of two people that were already there.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:59 pm

"Hey, you all right, man?" Jagen asked, helping Vasinis to his feet. "That was a hell of a fall."

He noticed the insignias on Vasinis's clothing that marked him as a Gustohran of the Order of Air. "Are you part of our team, too?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/2/05 7:09

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:13 pm

Avry'l's smile widened as he watched the man dashing through the crowd, causing chaos. He hoped he was one of the men he was assigned with. . .that would make things much more interesting.

His hopes rang true as he saw another person come up and address the interesting man. "Ah, I see. . ." he said, putting a finger to his lips, leaning over the edge of the tower so far, that one more inch would cause him careening down to his death.

His smile closed, reverting to his thin lips. His finger rubbed his bottom lip nervously. ". . .I`m getting impatient. . .this looks too fun."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:13 pm

Vas gave a rather lopsided grin as he was helped to his feet. He started brushing off his clothes as he said, "I'm fine, thanks for helping me up." He checked for any tears and made sure his double-spears were still in an X across his back.

"Yes, I will be one of the those on the mission. My name is Vasinis, Vas for short." He extended his hand to the man who had helped him up. "And you are?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:21 pm

Jagen took the offered hand and shook. "Wind Guide Jagen Turlis. I'm heading the expedition. So you're Vasinis, huh?" He shuffled through some of his papers. "Gustohran Vasinis Weathran, Jr.? Out of As'nar?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/18/04 11:22 pm

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:21 am

Vas nodded. "That's me. As I said, just call me Vas." He looked at the apparently meditating woman. "Is this someone else coming on our expedition?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:26 am

Slowly and carefully, a hand reached up out of the water and grabbed onto the side of the dock. With a strain, Arenda pulled herself up and gazed over the edge, her furious glare immediately falling on the young man with the long, white hair.

The sight of him immediately evoked the memory of the trauma that had occurred just moments earlier. She had been making her way along the dock, searching for the pier where she had been told to meet the rest of her expeditionary team. Finally she had seen it and had begun moving towards it, walking along the edge of the walkway where there were fewer people. Suddenly, she felt someone bump her hard. Turning her head, she saw the white haired man running past, but just as she thought of giving pursuit, she realized that her balance had been lost. All she could do was utter a word of great impiety as she descended into the cold ocean.

Arenda now pulled herself up onto the dock and approached the man. She was shivering and dripping wet, but her eyes seemed to glow in an expression of utter doom.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:51 am

Vas, getting the feeling that he was being stared at, took a quick look around. When he looked over his right shoulder he saw a dripping wet young woman stalking towards him with the look of a Fire worshipper forced into swimming. He turned his back on Jagen and looked at the approaching female.

"Uhm, can I help you miss?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:22 am

Wispuna Nayver leaned forward on her knees and frowned.

"Oh, this is no good, I will never find out where I'm suppose to be." She looked at her paper and sighed as she read. "Well, I guess I'll have to ask. Lets see," her eyes scanned over the sheet of paper.

"Hmm, someone named Jagen Turlis. Hay anyone around here named Jagen Turlis?" She took a few steps forward and tripped over the hem of her light blue robes, falling forward.

"Great, i hope no one in the order saw that." She said standing back up and wiping her forehead.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bunnygirle78>bunnygirle78</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/19/04 1:26 am

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:04 am

Arenda stopped, took the pack off of her back and set it down on the dock, the thing now being ungodly heavy after the drenching.

"You knocked me... in the water," she said in a very unhappy voice.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:12 pm

Vas' mouth dropped open a little and his eyes got big.

"Oh my God I am so sorry!" He walked over to where she was setting down her pack. "Is there anything I can do? I'm so sorry, please forgive me!"

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:56 pm

Tur sat there listening to the spectacle unfolding in front of her, and laughed inside. [/i]Let's see, we've got the leader, a bumbling buffoon, and a drenched woman,[/i] she thought, and echoed the same thought as the man that had been observing from far away, This should be interesting.

Tur decided to finally open her eyes, and said, "Yes, I am part of the expedition. I'm sorry for not having replied earlier, but I was a bit preoccupied." She stood up, and looked at the buffoon, whom was easy to pick out from the crowd because of his disheveled look. She smiled at the guy, and nodded ever so slightly.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:32 pm

Wispuna Looked around again. There was so much activity going on, it was hard to figure out where to go. She noticed a small group, and one of them was dirping wet.

"I supose I should ask someone again, maybe them."

She walked slowly towards them, but hung back a bit. She wanted to see if they were frindly.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:19 pm

Arenda just folded her arms and let out an indignant "humph."

After a few moments, though, she decided that the man's apology seemed pretty sincere. And so, her emotions calmed themselves.

"Alright... I'll let it go this time," she said.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 9/19/04 6:32 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:49 pm

"And what's your name?" Jagen asked Tur'nasus.

Then, to the drenched woman (who, he noticed, was wearing the insignia of a Gustohran), "Are you by any chance Wispuna Nayver, Arenda Nialin, or Tur'nasus Jaksur? Because if you are, it looks like you're going to have to spend a little more time than you'd probably appreciate with Vas here."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:51 am

Wispuna jumped at hearing her name. She ran over to the group.

"Uh sorry to interupt. . .are any of you Jagen Tur'nasus?"

She asked hopeufly. "Uh. . .my name is Wispuna. And I am here on beath of the order of the wind.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:05 pm

Vas went through a stimulus overload for a second as he noticed Tur nod at him, heard Arenda say it was okay and Jagen tell her that he was part of the team, and processed the question about whether any of them was asked by Wispuna.

Vas quickly nodded to Tur, smiled once more at Arenda, scowled at Jagen for a second, then turned to Wispuna.

"This, m'dear," he said, pointing at Jagen, "is Jagen Turlis. My name is Vas, and this is indeed the group going on the expedition." He put his hand forward for a handshake.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:14 pm

When Jagen asked for hername she responded "Tur." She saw the buffoon nod back at him. Besides this she just stoddthere, waiting for the final member to arrive.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:15 pm

Jagen held out a hand to silence everybody who was speaking at once and gain some semblance of control. "Okay, everybody stop talking. Introductions, to prevent all sort of confusion. I am Jagen Turlis, although some of the papers say 'Jagen Tur'nasus', because eight-year-old kids apparently copied our assignments. Clockwise from me..." Here he indicated what clockwise would be, in case one of his new subordinates was really stupid. "...are Tur'nasus Jaksur - whom you can see is not me, as fervently as the scribes who did the papers apparently wish she was - Wispuna Nayver, Vasinis Weathran, Jr., and a rather unhappy-looking wet woman who hasn't answered my question about who she is. Are you Arenda Nialin or not?"

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:06 pm

"Huh? ... Y-yes, I am," said Arenda, feeling a little embarrassed for not answering sooner. "Sorry, my ears still have some water in them, Mr. Tur... um... Turnis?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:17 pm

"My Name is Wispuna of the order of the wind." Wispuna blurted out quickly. "It is an honor to meet you sir." She said staring at Jagen. "I have heard some things about you. I am looking forward to learning all that I can from you."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:31 am

Vas was a little saddened as he heard Wispuna mention that she had heard some things about Jagen. Everyone says that he's where he is because of his father, he thought to himself. Hopefully he won't think that's what Wisp means.

Vas smiled at everyone after the round of introductions. "If it pleases all of you, call me Vas instead of Vasinis, it's much easier to say. Any time some one says Vasinis I think of my dad." Inwardly a surge of emotion started up, but he suppressed it without outwardly showing that anything was wrong.

He turned to Jagen. "So when do we begin our expedition?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

The Dramatic Entrance

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:56 am

Avry'l couldn't take it anymore. He had been sitting on the roof for the past few minutes, watching the 5 people come together and make their introductions. It was time. . .he was so excited. And he was growing tired of sitting on the side as a spectator. . .

He leaped off the roof of the building, dropping and sliding down the subsequent roof. His scythe was balanced over his shoulder, rising back behind his long blue hair. He leaped off the final curved roof, coming to a gentle stop upon the ground, and began to enter the crowd.

From a spectator's point of view, it would be hard to tell whether Avry'l was walking or. . .gliding. And not just because of his light steps. The way his dark mantle was blowing in the light breeze, and how it hung straight to the ground, Avry'l's feet were completely invisible. He glided smoothly around people, until he came to the circle of five people, who had just barely finished their introductions.

His red lips turned into a warped smile, his blue eyes turning to stare at Jagen. "I believe I am the final one to arrive." he said, his 7-foot scythe standing tall beside him.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: The Dramatic Entrance

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:31 pm

Tur saw the man walk towards them and knew that he had to be the final person. He was surprised, though, by his appearance and choice of weapon. Most members of the Order of Air would wear light colored clothes, but this man's dress was on the darker side. also, most members carried rather light weapons, but this man had a huge scythe. She eyed him with suspicion, but put it aside for now.

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:49 pm

Vas also eyed the newcomer, but more with a, "Hey, cool weapon and clothing" look than that of suspicion.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:31 pm

Starlted by he newcomer Wispuna jumped back landing on the ground with a thud. She stared up at him and smiled.

"Uh nice to meet you sir." She said blushing from embarasment.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:05 am

The girl called up to Avry'l, and his eyes, which had been moving around, studying the various members of the group, quickly shifted to her.

"Very nice indeed." he grinned, his blue eyes pinpointed on her.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:09 pm

Jagen acknowledged Avry'l's arrival with a nod. He thought about what the man's papers had said, how he was unpredictable and would need to be watched more closely than any other member of the team. However, it also said that he had a natural gift for battle, and would serve the expedition well if they had to get out of a tight spot. Regardless, the man was three years Jagen's senior, and a full half of a foot taller than him. Jagen hoped he would manage to stay on Avry'l's good side, for safety's sake.

"You're Wind Guide Avry'l Vancougar? Good. I'm Wind Guide Jagen Turlis, Expedition Commander," Jagen made sure to emphasize the "Commander" part of his temporary title. "This is Wind Guide Wispuna Nayver, Wind Guide Tur'nasus Jaksur, Gustohran Arenda Nialin, and Gustohran Vasinis Weathran, Jr. And now that we're all here, I think we can board the ship. Everyone has a full expedition kit?"

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:33 pm

Vasinis winced a little when Jagen called him by his full name, again. I really wish people would just call me Vas he thought. Vas tugged his backpack strap to show that he had his stuff with him.

"By full expedition pack, what did you want us to bring?" he asked.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:14 pm

Jagen shuffled through his sheaf of papers and pulled out one written in blue ink, with large lettering. He handed it to Vas. "You were supposed to have been issued one of these, Vas. It says what you need to be prepared in the wilderness. We could be out there for two months, and you gotta be prepared."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm

Avry'l made eye contact with everyone Jagen noticed, finally ending at Jagen. He slowly nodded his head in the commander's direction. "I am at your serve, Commander." he said, grinning.

As the conversation continued between Vas and Jagen, Avry'l pulled a rubix's cube from his mantle and began fiddling with it.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/22/04 6:58 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:14 pm

Arenda grunted as she lifted her waterlogged pack onto her back again.

"Everything's in here," she said. "And then some."

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:34 am

Vas nodded, looking down at the sheet.

"Aye, I just didn't know if you wanted us to have more than this or not, sir." Having bought most of the things in the pack when he first got the assignment, Vas really had no clue what all he had in there except for food and a canteen.

He looked over at the scythe guy with the rubix cube and watched him go.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:42 am

Wispuna stood up and smiled at them all.

"Uh Excuse me Comander," Wispuna said shyly. "Are we going by boat?"

darkknight61189
Rice President

What? No airplane?

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:34 pm

"Of course we're going by boat," Tur said matter-of-factly, "How else do you propose we get there? Fly?" She said this with a hint of playful sarcasm, joking around, but actually testing the water, seeing how they react. She hoped to be able to learn as much as possible about the people she as working with before they needed to fight.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:56 pm

"Well, if you don't have everything, I'm pretty sure there are provisions and the like for us on the ship. And you guys can definetely stop with the 'sir' and the 'Commander'. I'm not superior to any of you, except on paper. Hell, I'm not even the oldest one here."

After Wispuna's question and Tur'nasus's answer, Jagen raised an eyebrow. "Hey, I've done cross-country flying races. They're no joke. There are Stormbringers out there that could probably make the flight from here to Aenre, unladen. The problem here being, of course, that we're not Stormbringers, and we're not unladen by any means. Anyway, we really ought to get on the ship, because I think one of those sailors is about to drag us up the gangplanks by our collars if necessary." Jagen indicated the rather impatient-looking seaman in question.

Next

Return to Other RPs