Elemaer: Almost Like Summer (Open Board CIRP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Elemaer: Almost Like Summer (Open Board CIRP)

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:25 pm

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(OOC: This is a Character Interaction RP set in the world of Elemaer. It is always open for new posters, as long as they abide by these rules:
1. All posters must have familiarity with Elemaer, either from having used the setting or from reading the .txt file we have up in the RP Stuff section of the RPGWW website. Note that the .txt file is to a decent degree outdated and to a larger degree incomplete. I suggest you talk to me if there's something else you want to know.
2. All new characters must be approved by me, Darkknight, or Pervy. If you're going to put up a character sheet on the board (which is heavily suggested), the Elemaer Character Thread is linked on the FAQ and can be found in the Character Closet forum. My AIM screenname is DeathRaySpleen, if you feel the need to talk to me over AIM.
3. All other RPGWW rules, such as grammar and spelling, apply in full.
Other than that, have fun with it! Characters from all five of the Elemaeran Orders of all ages are perfectly acceptable (I hesitate to allow Order of Darkness characters).)</span>

It's been said that the city of As'nar, at least from certain angles, is the most beautiful city in the world. It's well-documented that one of the most truly majestic sights a visitor to the Great City can see is from the Sesedan Hill at dawn - the break of day applying itself as a backdrop to the monolithic silhouettes of the five Great Temples, their truly perfect forms becoming slowly visible as the streaming dawn shines over and around them.

Well, Pyral Telerak Zekail of the Order of Fire doesn't care about the dawn, and when you live in one Great Temple and see the other four every day, you stop seeing them as works of art and start seeing them as big fucking buildings. That's why he chose to sleep through dawn this sunny late-spring morning. However, what attention Telerak doesn't give to art, architecture, and poetry he tends to devote to another love of his, women*.

What better place to pick up women on a spring morning than in the scenic Public Orchards, in As'nar's wealthy Southplains district? At this time of day and at this time of year, it attracts huge crowds, both for the harvest of the ripe Johdr fruits and for the sweet smells and sights of the trees in full bloom. Each of the Orders has put in its bid with the city for an allotment of fruit, and teams of Terenars, Flambars, Thundarans, Flazars, and Sterems busily work off their service hours picking choice produce to be brought back to their Temples. They're not the only ones, either - the price of fresh Johdr fruit will skyrocket next month as fewer and fewer ripen each week, so many of As'nar's inhabitants are taking their pick of the fruit for themselves and buying straight from the city at wholesale price. Not that Telerak cares about the harvest, of course...he's just here for the girls.

Well, all right...he's here for the girls, but primarily in a sort of humanitarian capacity. He turns to his friend sitting next to him, a certain Flambar Keliel Kartoff.

"All right, Kel, listen up. You've got a huge advantage over other guys when you're picking up women - you're an Order member. That's guaranteed stability, virility, muscularity, and probably a couple other things too that we wouldn't think of but a woman would." Here Tel carefully scratches a scalp itch, making sure to be mindful of his freshly-styled hair, before continuing. "You don't want to hide behind it, and you definitely don't want to be obnoxious about it, but make sure to let it slip in at least the first ten minutes of talking to a woman. Be reaching for something and accidentally flash your insignia of rank. Mention the food in the Temple, maybe about how it sucks that the old head cook retired - I hate the new guy, by the way, if I haven't told you that enough today. Just, you know, get across the fact that you're in the Order of Fire. Get my drift, man?"

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">*An appreciable amount of the rest of Telerak's attention is also divided between his sword and his hair. This is another story altogether.</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/29/05 22:43

The Dark Gun

Re: Elemaer: Almost Like Summer (Open Board CIRP)

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:50 am

"Ah, yes, of course, and then when we go to touch hands do I leave the claw on, or put my hand in large fluffy bandages to attract undue attention. Oh, or I know, I could take it off and let everyone gaze in horror, or maybe I'll get some pity. Goodness knows nothing quite as amazing as having everyone look at you like 'Oh how unfortunate, I wonder what sort of terrible thing happend to him.' The feeling, of course, is completely unhelped by the fact that I happen to know it's my fault. And I want to let them know I'm from the Order of Fire eh? How about the fact that I still can't get the smell of smoke out of my hair from last night? Think that'll do it?"

Keliel was, inexplicably, at least to Tel, in a bad mood.

Tomorrow is the day. That day. It'll have been, what, a year? Two? Maybe two. I don't really remember, everything around that day... Days is fuzzy. Always fuzzy.

The scar on his hand had been sorer than usual lately, as was its habit when approaching any significant date so far as his study of magic went, or, even more so, when a very significant Order of Fire day was coming up. But this particular sore was special, he could tell. Nothing good was coming... He sighed, looking at his covered palm. Today looked to be... Trying.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:52 am

Telerak looked hurt for a bare instant, then folded his arms over his chest and forced his face back into a more authoritative expession. "You can't stay locked in that damn basement forever, Keliel," Tel said, "You're a good kid, but you hide from the world like you've got a plague. So you've got a mark on your hand. Big deal. I can guarantee no one's looking at your hand right now - the first thing people are going to notice is that your skin is pale like you haven't gone out in the daytime in a season. Join the fucking rest of Elemaer, Kel. It's nearly summer."

Telerak turned his body away from Keliel and watched the crowd, looking for a face he knew.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:08 am

OOC: Oye now oye now, Spleen, Kel spends pleanty of time "outdoors" since the training area doesn't have a roof. He probably isn't all pasty white like his player :p It's only when he's suddenly given access to new forms of magic that he vanishes for... Weeks. /OOC

"I don't 'hide from the world.' I train. A lot. Not to say that everyone else doesn't, but no one else has quite the same problems where their spells like to go... Funny on them sometimes. I know part of it's because I try to cast spells that don't always work the way I think they do... But otherwise."

He sighed.

"I'm just a little out of place in the Order, you know? Don't have quite the same physical... Build as the rest. I'm good at magic though, and that's good, puts me even with the others, I can face them as an equal, or you know, whatever their station requires and not feel like I'm out of place. And then my spells start going wrong, even the spells that I know how to do. Hell, spells everyone knows how to do don't always go right. It's worse around certain times of the year, don't know why. Tomorrow is... That day. I think."

Keliel sighed. He never really mentioned it to anyone before, but he had gone and snapped a Tel, and he felt guilty about it. Reflecting on what he just said he apparently felt guilty enough to gush like a little boy. He shook his head. He'd worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

"Ah, listen to me, going on like I was some sort of trainee with a self confidence problem because the others training was visibly paying off faster. So, Tel, what else do you do when you go out beside drink and hunt down women anyway?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:48 pm

Telerak sighed, good mood killed. "You're a late bloomer. You're not the first late bloomer to have gone through the Order, and anyway you're a better at being a mage than half the schmucks in our Order are at being warriors, and you had to invest ten times the effort to get the return you got, even if it doesn't always work out like you planned."

He continued. "What do I do when I go out, you said? Well, I play sports. I stargaze. I go to concerts. I go to plays. I've been known to fly a kite every once in a while, when I'm feeling fanciful - I'm actually working on a battle kite right now for the Summer Festival."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:08 pm

And thus does a man make his way through the trees of the orchards with something of a swagger to his step. A wide-brimmed hat rests upon his head, while he is clothed in fairly loose garb designed to conceal the shape of his body. The hat does a far job of obscuring his face as well. One would expect that he doesn't want to be recognized. His skin is fairly pale, while his long back hair is drawn back into a rather rakish-ponytail. A couple of knives rest on his belt, whilst a symbol of the order of Air hangs around his neck.

He makes his way through, apparently looking for a nice piece of fruit to snag. He does hear a snatch of conversation from Kel, and ponders why one would worry so much about power. Wouldn't devotion be more important; after all, not ever priest is a champion demon slayer. He certainly isn't...

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:18 pm

As Arenda Nialin inspected a fruit that she was thinking about picking, she couldn't help but ponder over the advantage an Order of Air member held at this job: namely, the ability to reach the fruits at the top of the trees without climbing. Suddenly, though, her introspection was interrupted she heard two people below talking. Straining to hear, she caught on that they were... members of the Order of Fire. Thinking maybe that what they were talking about would be worth hearing, she listened closer and found that they were talking about... picking up girls.

As she was about to return her attention to the fruit, she suddenly noticed another fellow pass by. This one looked a little more suspicious, as if he didn't want anyone to recognize him. Looking a little more closely, then, she saw an Order of Air symbol hanging from his neck. Well, the Order of Air didn't need any enemy spies in its ranks, so she decided to follow.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:00 pm

As Arenda was following the mysterious man, she heard a masculine tenor call her name. The voice was coming from off to the left, but from about the same height as Arenda, which essentially dropped from consideration anyone but fellow Laethans and expert tree climbers. Sure enough, floating easily along, the tips of his down-pointed feet eight feet above the crowds and both arms full of an overflowing basket of Johdr fruit, was Wind Guide Jagen Turlis, Arenda's commander on the Aenre Island expedition. He shifted fruit from his right hand to his left and gave an amiable wave with his now relatively free hand.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:11 pm

And the mysterious man seems completely and totally unaware he is being followed. He snags a bit of properly ripe fruit that had fallen to the ground and avoided trampling, then cleans it on his shirt and starts to enjoy it.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:24 am

Arenda, having looked away from the man long enough to see Jagen, smiled and waved back.

"How's it going?" she called.

She then moved closer to the Wind Guide so as to be within conversational distance, but she kept a watch on the other man as she went.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:35 pm

"Not too bad," Jagen answered, managing his basket again so he could bite into a piece of fruit. "So how've things been for you since we got home?"

Jagen then noticed that Arenda was watching the man below. "Who's that?" he asked. "He looks...familiar. Can't place him, I'm afraid."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Arenda looks away from the ma for a moment. When she looks back, it seems the man is still completely oblivious to the fact he's being watched.

Also, Arenda isn't sure, but that man might have just slipped another piece of fruit inside of his vest. Is he trying to steal it?

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:13 am

Tur'nasus meandered out into the open, wandering aimlessly. She was supposed to meet her friend at the little booth she was opening up, but it was nowhere to be seen. She wandered about, hoping to find someone interesting to talk to.

She wore her rank insignia, but she definitely wasn't wearing clothing most Order members wore. She had on a blue tank top with a jean jacket over the top and a long jean skirt, which was split down the side halfway up her thigh.

She suddenly saw Jagen and his mage friend, and decided to walk over and have a talk with them.

((Spleen, I'm assuming that they had jeans in Elemaer...))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:51 am

(OOC: You assumed wrong! :D

Also, once again you confuse Jagen with Telerak. Jagen is talking to Arenda. Telerak is talking to Keliel.)

Telerak waved when he saw Tur'nasus approaching. "Hi, Tur. Nice day to be out, huh?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/1/05 0:16

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:55 am

(OOC: Okay. If I'm not mistaken, the lost posts read something like this:

There's a creepy MCF who's stealing fruit. Arenda is being paranoid and trying to spy on him, Jagen and Tur'nasus are being bored and going along with it. Calais is chillin' on a blanket and trying to not look like a fugitive. I'm probably forgetting something.)

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=spleeninfinity13>SpleenInfinity13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/12/05 10:55

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:31 pm

((Yeah, you forgot Tur has more magical stamina than Jagen, but other than that, no. So, are we going to continue?))

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:44 pm

(OOC: Yes. Sure. Go ahead. Whatever.)

Return to Other RPs