The Islands of Ecestrim

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
FlamingDeth

#!/usr/local/bin/tcsh/ *invokes a shell script*

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:28 pm

Ramsus opened his eyes, taking in the surroundings. It seemed he was on a bed of some sort, with a down blanket of some sort. Around him, he saw a rustic log cabin, flickering in the light of a fireplace. The room had very little furniture. Just the fireplace, and the bed.

He stood, and noticed a doorway. There was no door, just a hallway. Ramsus entered, not entirely concious of why, and began walking. And walking. And walking.

It seemed that he walked for hours, in the darkened hallway. Scenery never changing, just the pitch black. He never once had a desire to go back to the other room.

Then, the hallway ended. Light filtered in from the end. Blinding light. Ramsus continued out, ignoring the light. Once he was out of the hallway, he found he was able to see. It seemed that there was a giant room. It was brightly lit, boldly decorated, and had a large amount of people in it. Music played faintly in the background. It appeared that he had stumbled in to a party.

Looking about the new location, Ramsus spotted several people that he had known. His parents, his mentor, his childhood friends...they were all there. Everyone was there, standing on...a bear skin rug? It looked to be the one that his parents had. He had always meant to find out where they got it from; there were no bears around Crooklin.

Regardless, he made his way to the rug. "You wouldn't believe the dream I just had..." he began. "There was a dragonian...lots of 'em actually, and evil plots, and a giant sh...hello? Hello?"

They weren't even looking towards him. They just talked amongst themselves, or so it appeared. Their mouths moved, but Ramsus could hear nothing. But he could hear the music. What was going on here?

He got his answer in the form of a growl. He looked down to his feet, whre the noise was coming from, and promptly stuttered backwards several steps. The rug was growling at him. THE RUG. To his further surprise, the rug began inflating, to the proportions of a giant bear.

People screamed, people ran, as the bear rug chased them. Ramsus watched, completely confused, as the bear rug ate those familiar to him, those he had known his entire life, growing larger with each person it consumed. Eventually, it nearly filled the room. No one was left. Just Ramsus, and the rug.

It turned to him. Ramsus screamed.

And then he opened his eyes, and bolted upright. Or tried to, given that he was laying in what was basically a shelf carved into rock. After banging his head on the ceiling of his shelf, he brought his head back down, accidentally banging it on to the floor of the shelf. He cursed, and rolled to the side, being rewarded with falling off the shelf and hitting his head on the floor.

"For the love of..!" Ramsus swore, trying to stand, clutching his head. "Where are we now, and why are there no lights?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 4/5/05 21:42

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: #!/usr/local/bin/tcsh/ *invokes a shell script*

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:49 pm

"??" Azuka watched as Quinn spread her wings about, enveloping him on the bed. "This isn't one of those 'fetish' things, is it?"

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: one of those 'fetish' things? <--?!

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:29 pm

Great. Now he’s going to get all distracted.
“Not for me. I actually thought you might like some privacy. We seem to have company.” She pulled one of her wings downward slightly to allow him a line of sight to the new prisoners. “They’re over there.”
Wait. Dark. He can’t see.
“On second thought, don’t worry about it. It’s not important."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:55 am

"New prisoners?!" Azuka shouted, immediately losing his 'concentration.' "Where?! Where?!"

He began scrambling underneath Quinn, trying to move out. "We have to see if they'll let us out!!"

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:13 pm

Quinn released him with an aggravated growl. She narrowed her eyes at the men across the hall.
Damn it! Do they know how hard I had to work to get him? Damn it.
As Azuka got up, she punched the bed in frustration, her claws destroying a good part of the mattress. “Azuka,” She said through her teeth. “What exactly do you think they can do for us? Will you think for a moment?”

She stood and dressed in what passed for undergarments with a largely untranslatable string of Damnitarian profanity. Someone is going to HAVE TO make this up to me. Either Azuka, or those guys over there or EVERYONE IN A ONE-MILE RADIUS IS GOING TO FIX THIS!

With another growl, she zipped her dress up the back and shoved past Azuka to the front of their cell. She slammed her palm on the bars, making a loud ringing noise. “You! Who the hell are you? Do you realize that I was BUSY? When did you get here?”

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:34 pm

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Soon after Azerbarth had noticed the other prisoners and then lost interest, he heard Ramsus shuffling around behind him. Azer watched his companion's face with interest. It appeared to start in a state much like content... but then turned to one of shock and fear. Ramsus began flailing wildly on his small mattress, as if trying to escape from something. Azer rushed from his position at the cell gate to try and wake him up, but before he could get even two steps closer to his goal, Ramsus had flailed himself right off of his mattress and conked himself a nice one against the floor. Needless to say, it was an effective wake-up tool.

"For the love of..! Where are we now, and why are there no lights?"

This invoked a quick and angry response from the other cell, which Azer was not expecting.

"You! Who the hell are you? Do you realize that I was BUSY? When did you get here?"

Azerbarth ignored the unknown person's questions for a little, as he hastily explained to Ramsus the current situation.

"Both of us passed out. We lost the trial, of course, and now we're here. Shh, be quiet, thou-"

"LOST THE TRIAL? WE WASN'T EVEN THERE!"

"Good God, Ramsus, SHUT UP!"

This little screaming fest prompted a small display of laughter and mockery from the anonymous voice.

"Hahahaha... Azuka... Azuka, I don't think these two idiots are going to be able to help as at all... oh my..."

Ramsus was quick to reply.

[OOC]
Kai: T'was just one line. Don't kill me.
FD: Hurrah, you actually get to play your character! Haha... yeah. O.o I want to see how he handles a situation like this. By all means, Mr. Death by Incineration, take control! =D
[/OOC]

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:41 pm

Azuka stood up, rubbing his head and fumbling around for his clothes in the dark. "Do you people have food?!" he shouted wildly over to the others.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:35 pm

"Yeah, tons of it!" responded Ramsus, quite obviously sarcastically. "It's jus' pilin' up over 'ere, if you wanna come get it! It's everywhere!"

He went quiet and began feeling his way around the room, until his eyes got used to the darkness. Once his eyes had adjusted and he had a good idea of the layout of the room, he began searching himself.

Knives were gone, obviously. Seemed that they had taken all his money too, the bastards. It seemed his picks were missing. It seemed that they had missed the tension bar that he had hidden in his shoe. Not that it was particularly useful without the picks, unless he was really lucky and these locks were cheap and weak. Which he doubted.

He inspected the lock on the door anyways. It looked to be, from what he could tell with the current amount of illumination, a fairly standard double action lever tumbler. Pretty secure, but given time, he could pick it, presuming that he had...y'know...picks.

He was beginning to think that they had left him the tension bar to taunt him.

"Hey, Azer..." he began, looking about shiftily, and apparently ignoring the other prisoners at this point. "Not that we'd wanna do this 'til we know how th' guards work 'ere, but do ya think ye'd be ablin' t' melt through th' bars?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:52 pm

[OOC: Kiduf: "Hahahaha... Azuka... Azuka, I don't think these two idiots are going to be able to help as at all... oh my..." I’m going to pretend that she didn’t say that, mostly because that isn’t how I was going to play her response. Just so you know. I’m not going to kill you or kancho you or anything, I’m just going to retcon it. *thumbs up*]

Resting her arms on the cell door, Quinn shook her head, resigned to more ungodly amounts of effort toward alleviating her personal ‘frustration.’ “I guess there’s nothing to be done about it now.”

Azuka will probably be useless now that there are other people in this wing. I can’t imagine he’s as liberal-minded as a normal person about that sort of thing. He’ll get all embarrassed and lose his concentration and it will be tonight all over again. Damn it!

Her initial anger temporarily under control, she shouted again across the hall. “So, boys. How are you doing. Nice nights’ sleep?” If they’re going to interfere, they may as well make themselves useful for some conversation. They might have seen something I missed while I was unconscious, and therefore not required to observe much of anything. “I don’t know how long you’ve been here, because it’s really fairly irrelevant at this point, but I am curious as to whether you remember the way in.”

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:47 pm

[OOC] Argh... there are two conversations going on at the same time, guys. Let's try and fix that. I managed to link them in my last post, but they've kind of split off again. >.< [/OOC]

Opting to take a different approach to avoiding the interrogation than Ramsus did, Azerbarth politely asked to be excused.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to excuse myself for a little. I need to converse with my friend here. Excuse me, Miss..."

"Quinn," the female in the other cell said briskly. This was followed by the swooshing sound of someone turning around, and then some indecipherable mumbling.

"... anyways... Ramsus... I'm not sure. I could try, but I have a feeling that the TFG wouldn't make it all that easy for me," Azer assessed as inspected the lock. His suspicions proved correct. He noticed the scent of rhentisahl, a fabricated metal designed to absorb all heat in the surrounding area. If there was one material that would foil a Dragonian's fiery attempts, it would be rhentisahl. "Nope. I'm not going going to be able to melt anything on this wretched gate. Besides, can't you just pick the lock?"

"Can't, mate. Took me picks."

"I don't intend to stay on this island for very long, Ramsus. We have to find a way out."

[OOC] Hurrah. I have done it. =D [/OOC]

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kiduf>kiduf</A] at: 4/7/05 18:49

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Hu hu hu!!

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:20 pm

Azuka managed to scramble on his doctor's clothes, and found his way to the bars where Quinn was currently standing.

"Argh, I can't see anything!!" he lamented. Turning to Quinn, he added: "Are they prisoners? Guards? What's the deal?"

Kai

Re: Hu hu hu!!

Unread postby Kai » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:52 pm

Quinn crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one leg.
"Prisoners. Looks like one Dragonian and a human from here," she said. "I'm waiting for them to finish whatever brilliant plan they're trying to construct, and then they might see fit to acknowledge those of us who are not presently contained in their cell."
She turned and walked over to her own mattress (as Azuka's was in one or two more pieces than hers) and sat back against the wall to wait it out.

Okay. They can take as long as they like. At some point there should probably be some kind of collaboration in whatever escape they have in mind, but I'll let them figure that out on their own. In the meantime... Quinn began sharpening her claws on the stone wall of her cell, making a dry scratching noise that sounded more like the wall was being worn than her nails.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:03 am

"HEEEEY! GUYYYYS!" Azuka called over across to the other side of the jail hallway. "You've thought up some really super awesome amazing escape plan, right? I mean, you weren't just thrown in here like us with all your weapons gone, right? Right??!"

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 pm

“Not all of our weapons.â€

FlamingDeth

I'm inside your mind!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:46 pm

"Well, gimme a minute, I'll see wot I can do..."

Four hours later, there was a clicking noise from the lock.

"Aha!" Ramsus quietly exclaimed, standing up and stretching. "Seems that if ye lever it just right, ya can keep th' tension on th' lock, and still use the tension bar itself ta move th' pins!"

"...wait, you've opened the lock?" said Azerbarth, hopefully.

"'course not." Ramsus responded. "That was jus' one pin. I got...forty or so more to go, unless we can figger somethin' else out."

With that, Ramsus began work on the lock again. Normally, it was a rather simple matter...apply tension, insert pick, move pins. Start at the back, work your way forward. Even something as complex as this shouldn't take more than an hour, provided that one had the correct tools. Which he didn't, really.

"Hey there, good lookin'." Ramsus said to Quinn. "Don't s'pose ya got, say, any lockpicks on ya? Mebbe a diamond head or a rake?"

Archmage144

Re: I'm inside your mind!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Before Quinn got a chance to reply to Ramsus' quasi-flirtatious request for improvisational locksmithing tools, the sound of something (or perhaps many somethings) exploding echoed toward the cell block down the otherwise silent hallway. In fact, whatever was causing the noise, it was definitely many somethings, each one progressively louder than the next. Apparently, their source was coming closer.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Around the corner at the end of the cell block hallway, an armored guard backed himself up into the wall, dropping his weapon with a gasp and bringing his fingers to his abdomen gingerly, feeling tentatively at some wound in his stomach. Head lowered slightly and grimacing with pain, the soldier began to gradually slide back against the wall, his legs no longer able to completely support his body in his injured state. A tall, blue-haired man wearing a red military beret and black clothing stepped into the corridor around the corner from down the adjoining hallway, now coming into view in the junction where the guard gasped in pain as his body finally rested on the floor, back still against the wall.

The guard turned his attention upwards, eyes wide in horror. His mouth hung open in shock, agape at the figure staring down at him. His lips began to move, slowly, uncertainly, as if trying to form sounds. Perhaps he was going to beg for mercy. Maybe he was going to shout an alarm. Or he might have simply wished to curse his murderer before he slipped out of consciousness from the searing pain coursing through his body.

Whatever he meant to say, no one would ever find out. His aborted sentence, struggling to find life in the breath of a dying man, was cut short by a trio of bullets zinging into his chest. The gunpowder explosions from those fired slugs exclaimed death more loudly than the injured guard might have ever been able to shout. Tiny dinging noises from the sound of spent brass casings clattering against the floor served as the only punctuation for the poor guard's last sentence.

Twirling his handgun around flashily, the tall intruder idly strode down the row of cells, pausing when he spotted the four prisoners. He quirked an eyebrow curiously. "Well, damn. I guess I'm in the wrong sector. Swore he'd be held prisoner here."

With that, the newcomer brushed aside his trenchcoat to pull a folded piece of paper out of his pants pocket. He sighed heavily, scratching his head. "Time to consult the schematic again..."

FlamingDeth

I want to be...synthesized! (Synthesized!)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:57 pm

As the first shots rang out, Ramsus grimaced and dropped the tention bar, inadvertantly snapping the pin that he had already managed to move back into it's original location. He silently cursed himself, and looked back out the cell as he felt around the floor for the tension bar.

The gunman was something of a surprise, despite having heard him coming, and Ramsus may have been quite familiar with such acts of brutality, considering his upbringing...but that didn't mean that he liked it. Still, he knew an opportunity when he saw it, and someone shooting all the gaurds was definately an opportunity.

"Oi!" Ramsus shouted out to the newcomer, skillfully concealing his distaste. "We've got a bit of a problem 'ere, mate. Don't suppose we could get a 'and?"

Kai

Re: I want to be...synthesized! (Synthesized!)

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:17 pm

Quinn noticed the blue-haired man and literally gasped.
Now there’s a gift from the gods if ever I saw one. Just when I needed it. Still more useful, he might afford a way out…. And he is damned cute.
Quinn strode confidently to the front of her cell. Ignoring the fact that Ramsus asked his question first, she smiled slowly at the gunman. “That was nice work you did right there.” She dropped her eyes momentarily, then looked back up, brows raised. She beckoned him closer with one hand. “You got any other talents, sweetheart?”
Very nice. And he’s got some interesting weaponry, too. I definitely think I like this man.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:34 pm

Zeke glanced up from his schematic, acknowledging the prisoners for the first time. "Hm? Oh, more prisoners. I've been running past a number of you trying to find my way around in this fuckin' maze," noted the mercenary offhandedly. "And thank you," he added with a wink, bowing gallantly before Quinn. "That's a very silly question. I'm a man of many talents."

Apparently ignoring the fact that bars existed between himself and the prisoners, the blue-haired fellow reached into his coat pocket, pulled out a small white index card, and offered it to Quinn through the cell door. "As you can see, my name is Zeke Mazuo. I'm a mercenary for hire. I'm kinda on a job right now, you see. Looking for some guy who got sentenced to death for a crime his family claims he didn't commit. Not my concern, really, but they paid me to bust him out. No other stipulations. I wish the guards around here knew better than to get in my way. I wouldn't have to make them eat so much lead that way. Waste of good ammunition." The gunman paused, scratching his chin idly.

Damn, he mused. She's cute. And not wearing much. And I get the vibe that she's interested in me. Shaking off his internal monologue for a moment, Zeke managed to readdress the situation at hand. "Right, so. You guys want out? I mean, normally, I don't take more than one job at a time, but I'll gladly unlock your cell...if you're willing to promise me proper compensation. We can discuss the details once we get out of here, yeah?"

It's not like they can betray me or anything, reasoned the mercenary. If they're vicious murderers or something and they decide to kill me, I'm armed and they aren't. He walked over to the recently-deceased guard slumped in the corner and rummaged through his possessions until he located a large key ring with half a dozen or so skeleton keys hanging from it. "Yeah, give me a sec to find the right key. As long as I'm doing a job for you guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to know your names. Unless you're the type of employers that are all about anonymity, which at this point is kind of irrelevent anyway, I'd wager, since you're not hiring me to put a bullet between someone's eyes..."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:55 pm

"Wow!" Azuka hopped to his feet, as he began to realize what had just happened. The past few minutes had left him awestruck, and he had finally regained his composure.

e "My name's Azuka Ingram! And let me tell you, man, that was amazing! You must be one of those tough, silent bounty hunter types, aren't you? How awesome, dude! I mean, it's so coincidental, because we were just planning on escaping! We're not murderers or anything, just people thrown in here for the wrong reason!! So you can take us along with you, right?"

Azuka stared at Zeke with hope-filled eyes, waiting for some kind of response. Ours butts are saved!! Those elite guards won't be able to land a finger on us with this guy around! We really lucked out this time!!

kiduf

Re: Man... that emo thing...

Unread postby kiduf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:40 pm

Azer heard the gunshots ringing out and automatically knew that it was either a really good thing... or a really bad thing. Just for his life's sake, he thought it better to dive into the corner of the cell and scope the situation from there. Azer quietly suggested Ramsus do the same, but he must not have heard it over the lasting ring of his dropped tension bar.

Ramsus, instead, opted to make his presence known with a request for help. Not an unreasonable course of action, mind you; just not the one that Azer would've personally taken. In any case, it was done, and he would just have to sit back and see what happens.

In Ramsus' case, not much. His question was quickly over-ridden by Quinn, who apparently had the same goal in mind, albeit through quite a... different approach. No matter to Azerbarth. So long as Ramsus and he got out of this God-forbidden prison and back on their quest to recruit, it didn't matter what they did until then. Azer continued his eavesdropping of the conversation at hand, not finding much to be interesting, until the word "mercenary" came up.

Apparently, the blue-haired, gun-toting human before them was one of them. Could be useful in the future, but definitely not for getting Denskrae. That would he his job. A mercenary could do many things, though... Azer would keep this in mind. After listening in for a little longer, Azerbarth concluded that it would be safe to trust this newcomer. For the time being, at least.

When the topic of introductions came up, Ramsus jumped at the opportunity to re-insert himself into the conversation, unintentionally finding himself talking at the same time as Azuka.

"Ramsus Lycomedes is the name. Hail from Crooklin, and I specia-"

"Just a name, please," Zeke reminded. Ramsus made a small show of being offended, but Azer knew that it couldn't have been that. There was something else bothing his little friend. Azerbarth stepped into the full coverage of the light. Up until that point, he had found himself moving closer and closer to the edge of the cell, in order to better hear the conversation between the prisoners and the mercenary. But, a name is nothing without a face, and that was exactly what Azer was thinking as he revealed himself.

"Whoa there, a Dragonian. Don't see many of you about."

"Azerbarth Dracynthiode. Nice to meet you..." He left his introduction trailing purposely, so as to have a sort of mysterious effect.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:07 pm

Quinn tucked the card into her bra and looked up at him again with a big smile on her face, delighted to have someone around who flirted back.
Ah. Wonderful. After all that work with Azuka, this should be a relief.
"I would simply adore you forever if you would help us out of here. Don't think of it as a job. Think of it as... a favor between friends. The first of many, I hope." She laughed with the pleasure of having someone reasonable to talk to. "Incidentally Zeke, my name's Quinn," she elaborated with one hand on his sleeve. "How's that for introductions? Everybody friendly now?"

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:07 pm

"I'd say we're pretty friendly. There are some of you, after all, who I might wanna know more about than just a name," replied Zeke, winking at Quinn and grinning sharply as he turned the key in the lock to release her and Azuka from their cell.

He raised an eyebrow at Azuka as he released the prisoners, biting his lip thoughtfully. "Tough? Obviously. Silent? You have to pay extra for that." With that, the mercenary laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "I'm not here to put on airs and act cool. I am cool. You're not going to forget that anytime soon." He paused, turning his eyes in the direction of Quinn yet again. "And if you want to be friends, that's more than cool with me. I'd love to show you just how awesome I am when I'm off duty. When we blow this joint, wanna party with me, sweetheart?" Zeke punctuated his words with another flirtatious grin, adjusting his beret slightly and holding the hem of his coat in one hand like a dandy might hold onto his suit jacket while walking his date into a formal ball.

Mentally reminding himself that he had to release all of the prisoners, he made a mental note to let Azer and that other fellow out as soon as he managed to stop staring at the scantily-clad succubus...

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:24 pm

"I'd party with you now if not for the--" she gestured to the other prisoners. "--well. You know. They want to be let out. They'd whine like little puppies. Very distracting."

Thank whatever gods produced this man.

Quinn eased up next to Zeke and slipped an arm around his waist. "You know, it's very nice of you to take time out of your assignment to help out some poor, innocent prisoners who are ever so grateful for your help. Are you going to finish your job here before we leave and go take care of some more... interesting matters?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:33 pm

"Wait!!" Azuka, apparently oblivious to his new replacement, began poking Quinn incessantly in the shoulder. "Have you forgotten about those guys that threw us in here?"

He turned to Zeke, a concerned look on his face. "You'd better be on your guard, pal. We got our butts handed to us by two guys when we were trying to escape simply from a minimum security prison. They've obviously moved us somewhere much worse this time -- so don't be surprised if we're suddenly ambushed or something later down the road! If you need any backup..." Azuka seemed to stop here, thinking hard about what to say next. Finally, he turned to Quinn. "...well, you can always ask her. She saved me, after all!"

(OOC: Kiduf, permission to bring back the previous NPCs? Or do you wish to control them?)

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:36 pm

"Just two guys?" Zeke replied incredulously, blinking nonchalantly. "Y'see, there's a reason I carry two guns." He flipped back his jacket again, clearly revealing another identical silver handgun hanging from the inside of his jacket by a holster strap. As if the mercenary weren't already carrying enough weapons, a pair of short swords were clipped to his belt on either side of his waist, and anyone bothering to check him out lower than the belt line would quickly notice the handle of some sort of knife protruding from his boot. "Too bad I finished off this clip on that last guy," he muttered, triggering some sort of release on his weapon and dropping the spent magazine to the floor. Snapping open a belt pouch, he withdrew a replacement, casually sliding it into his firearm until it clicked into place reassuringly.

"Unfortunately, I still haven't found my mark, so it's quite likely that I'm gonna have to shoot a couple more idiots for getting in the way," shrugged the gunman. He cringed slightly for a moment, responding to some unseen stimulus. Quinn, however, noticed immediately what was bothering him. Casually sliding her hand down the side of his torso, her tactile sense alerted her to a rip in his shirt--and a freshly-opened wound in Zeke's side. While the mercenary had obviously stopped to crudely bandage it with some cloth, it was apparent to Quinn that the injury was still bleeding somewhat. Stepping away reflexively, Zeke gritted his teeth visibly before glancing back down the hallway from which he had come.

He raised a bluish eyebrow in speculation as he considered his options. "This is technically a solo job, but you look like you'll help out more than you'll get in the way, so I could use your assistance. You're not getting a cut of the profits, though, unless some pretty severe circumstances come up. Mercenary's code. My contract states that I don't have to share my payment with anyone not included in the contract, even if they help me inadvertently."

Though I wouldn't mind sharing a few things with that chick after all this is over...and after I do something about that cut...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=archmage144>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/13/05 16:40

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:22 pm

"Well, that's fine with ME," Azuka said, turning to Quinn. "You're okay with it too, right? I mean, hell, I'll let you do your thing, then just follow after you in your wake of destruction, for all I care. I just want out, ya know? And unsolicited protection..." Azuka scratched the back of his head awkwardly, looking around. "So, guys? Ready to head out?"

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:55 pm

"Rest assured. Your money is by far the last thing I'm after. I would consider it a treat to come along with you. The last good fight I had ended up sending me here, and I'm hoping for another chance to have slightly more fun than a sword through my midsection." Which was mainly because Azuka is totally useless in a fight.

Quinn pulled Zeke back around to face her. "Are you all right?" I don't know how wounded he is... hm. Would spoil all of our fun if he's too injured... "Can't have you bleeding to death when we've only just met. I'm no expert, but it looks like you could use some attention before we go do anything else."

And so I'll probably end up defending Azuka again. I suppose I technically don't have to.... he's a nice guy and all, but when it really comes down to it... why? Azuka's entertaining, but so far hasn't been massively useful. Quinn sighed. Well, if he's going to rely on me to defend him, fine. I just don't feel the need to go all heroic or anything. 'Saved him'? I guess. Now I'll probably never get rid of him. They say if you feed a stray once, it'll keep coming back.

"Sure, Azuka. We'll do the wake of destruction bit, and you see to it that we don't get killed. You know the drill... only let's do it a little better this time, shall we?"

FlamingDeth

Official chemical = visual missiles?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:14 am

Ramsus sighed. This newcomer, as useful as he may potentially be, just screamed...not confidence, it was most definately arrogance. In fact, Ramsus was already starting to feel an urge to punch him in the face, an action that was prevented by the mere fact that there was a cell door between them. Oh well.

When Quinn and Zeke began their little conversation, Ramsus knew that they weren't going to be getting back to Azerbarth and himself any time soon. However, at this point, Ramsus also knew that if any guards were going to be showing up, Zeke had made damn well enough noise to get their attention. It was bad, in that mass armies of guards could be showing up any minute. It was good in that he didn't have to worry about making noise anymore.

"You're okay with it too, right? I mean, hell, I'll let you do your thing, then just follow after you in your wake of destruction, for all I care."

Ramsus snapped the thin end of the tension bar off, leaving him with just the handle.

"I just want out, ya know? And unsolicited protection... So, guys? Ready to head out?"

He wedged the remains into the crack between the bottom of the hinge and the welded cap that held the pin in place, hammering it in with his palm.

"Rest assured. Your money is by far the last thing I'm after. I would consider it a treat to come along with you."

He levered the bar upwards, and after a moment, the cap snapped off.

"The last good fight I had ended up sending me here, and I'm hoping for another chance to have slightly more fun than a sword through my midsection."

He moved up to the hinge above, and repeated the process.

"Are you all right? Can't have you bleeding to death when we've only just met. I'm no expert, but it looks like you could use some attention before we go do anything else."

He continued onward, to the last hinge. Regardless of what he knew of his heritage, Ramsus's Agreshillian strength was paying off.

"Sure, Azuka. We'll do the wake of destruction bit, and you see to it that we don't get killed."

The hard part done, Ramsus dropped the bent and ruined remains of the tension bar to the ground, and set to removing the pins from the hinges. He gave the door a slight push.

"You know the drill... only let's do it a little better this time, shall we?"

The door fell straight outwards, landing in front of Zeke with an echoing slam. Ramsus brushed off his hands and stood straight. Having had time to regain his inhibitions, he notably did not punch the mercenary.

"...alright then." Ramsus began. "Now that we're all wonderful an' free, time to get goin afore the guards try t' stab us all, aye?"

With that, he went to scavenge the pointiest object he could muster off of what was left of the nearest guard.

kiduf

Re: Official chemical = visual missiles?

Unread postby kiduf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:42 pm

Azerbarth watched in fascination as Ramsus went through the meticulous process of destroying the hinges that were between them and freedom, paying only slight attention to the conversation now going on on the other side of the hall. The door fell out loudly, nearly crushing the mercenary. Good thing it didn't. Despite the fact that he had really not assisted them in their escape whatsoever thus far, he could still be useful to Azer (as has already been noted).

Noticing that Ramsus' stature had completely changed as he asked his question, Azer began to think again about his supposed Crooklinite friend.

"Wide set shoulders, powerful stance... he's Agreshillian. For sure. He may not know it, but that's definitely what he is. I can see him changing... he'll figure it out soon enough.

During this revelation, no one had replied to Ramsus' question, and he had already gone off to grab something from the slain guard. On his way back, Azer stopped him.

"Good job with that cell door. You're stronger than I thought."

"Hey, s'no problem, mate!" Ramsus exclaimed as he gave Azer a hearty clap on the shoulder. "We should be on the move, though."

"Right... Zeke... well, we're free, so I suppose we should get on with your assigned mission. Where to?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Official chemical = visual missiles?

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Azuka looked at the two prisoners who had previously been across the hall from them.

"Wow..." he said, staring around. "We've got quite a gang here! Maybe we'll be able to make it out of here alive, after all! Whaddya say guys, are we a team or what?"

Azuka raised his arm into the air, waiting for someone to give him a high-five.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/05 18:35

Archmage144

[lyrics from Frequency]

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:57 pm

Zeke shot a glance at Ramsus briefly before turning aroud, ignoring Quinn's question about his wounds, and promptly leaping into the air to deliver a forceful high-five to Azuka. "Damn right! We're ready to rock out, and the only thing that's going to stop me is death! Of course, that's impossible, because I'm the invincible mercenary." He flashed a bishounen grin, tossing his ponytail slightly as he noisily cracked his neck. "Hopefully, you guys aren't gonna have to follow me around too much. I know where an alternate exit is, according to this schematic, and if I'm correct, the cell block I'm looking for is essentially on the way."

Striding down the hallway, not caring too much whether or not anyone was following him in the first place, Zeke paused momentarily to back up against the wall before cautiously leaning around the corner to see whether or not anyone was down there. Seeing no one, he proceeded to step around, exercising much more caution than the group had previously. As he came to the next corner, he stopped again, pressing himself up against the wall to listen for sounds.

"Hey, Mick, you think we're gonna get that raise anytime soon?" queried a voice from around the corner.

"Fuck if I know. Bastards in payroll don't give a flying dragon's ass about any of us, I swear. I've gotta family to feed!" replied another male voice, clearly irritated. Footsteps indicated that someone was on patrol, moving around back and forth in the corridor.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I promised I'd get my wife a new wedding necklace, we're supposed to renew our vows in a couple weeks...she thinks we rushed into everything and wants to have a proper ceremony this time..."

"What the fuck kinda thing is that?" replied the harsher voice, punctuating his sentence with a spitting sound followed by the clank of metal. Probably chewing herb and using a spittoon, observed Zeke. Might be somewhat useful knowledge...

"I dunno, it's just, well, I love her and I want her to be happy, so I'm going to see what I can do." Exasperated, the owner of the first voice sighed heavily. "These prisoners are probably dangerous. Y'know, or would be, if they got out. Good thing they're locked in their cells. Like that guy over there? Wasn't he some sort of revolutionary mage?"

"Don't think too much, Hal," replied the second voice. "They don't pay you extra for it." Spit. Clang!

Hoping to catch the guard during the fraction of a second that he'd be busy spitting out his tobacco, Zeke whirled around, handguns drawn, and fired repeatedly. Muzzle flashes exploded from his weapons, a cluster of shots catching the crude soldier and dropping him before he could react. His partner, wide-eyed, raised a glaive in Zeke's direction as the mercenary realized that he had done a terrible job of surveying the situation.

Sure, he had only heard two voices. Only two guards, he'd figured, having some sort of conversation about how tough life was. It'd be over for them both soon enough anyway, so why would they have to worry about it? He was doing them a favor, he figured, putting them out of their misery so they no longer had to whine about poor salaries and terrible inconveniences like being married.

What Zeke only realized after he had already given himself away was that there were no less than eight guards in the hallway, and that it seemed as though they had been expecting him...

Kai

Re: [lyrics from Frequency]

Unread postby Kai » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:08 pm

Hearing the frantic footsteps and clatter of weapons from around the corner, Quinn broke into a run after Zeke. Grabbing the collar of Zeke’s coat, she threw him backward against the wall as a glaive swung out, just missing the gunman’s face. As Zeke hit the wall, Quinn tackled Hal and shoved him hard into a corner behind the other men. Grabbing the side of the guard’s head, she snapped his neck sideways at a plainly unnatural angle.
“Azuka run! Dragonian, get in here!”

Grabbing the dead guard, she heaved him at two of the others, managing to catch one and knock him to the ground. The other jumped back before Quinn could hit him with the corpse, and pulled a kukri out of his belt. The heavy curved blade came on Quinn’s shoulder as she tried to duck.
No, damn it, not again! Quinn thought, holding her arm. She shook her head and let go of her wound, taking advantage of another swing from her opponent to punch him with her good arm in the side of his knee. He wasn’t putting all his weight on it, but the leg still broke. She grabbed the front of his uniform with her other arm, wincing in pain as she dragged him down to the floor with her.
If they don’t get in here and help me I’ll kill them myself. This is their escape, too!
With that thought, Quinn knotted her fingers in the guard’s hair to brace his neck as she chewed through a good part of it.

Lauritz Melchior

In a lone prison cell down the hall...

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:12 pm

For almost 50 years Geoffrey Fulmer had been prisoner in the dark, moldy cell that he had learned to call home. He knew the rusty, sunken in corner through which rats, cockroaches, and other pests entered and exited his cell. It was as much their home as Geoffrey's. He was hardly any better than them. But he had a purpose, a reason to live. To wait. To kill. At eighty, he was in rather poor health. Though well-fed ("They keep me alive to torment me," he thought), Geoffrey suffered from a hunch-back and poor breathing.

He had been an invalid all of his life, but nepotism and his keen intellect had secured him a powerful and respectable job in the government. Fifty years ago he was Prison Master, an extremely important job on Terra Fester. He knew everything about the island’s prison. Everybody and everything that went in, everybody and everything that went out. The layout of the prison, its defenses, even the people who worked there. Now, in a cruel twist of fate, Geoffrey Fulmer was an inmate of the prison that he had nourished like a pet.

His body was weak, extremely weak, but his mind had not decayed in the eternal darkness. He dreamed of the day when he could return to the surface and exact revenge upon Kielruth who had overthrown the life and the government that he had grown up in.

Gun shots rang out, their echoes bouncing against the bare walls and finally reaching Geoffrey. Sounds of struggle reached his ears. the rats and cockroaches perked then ran away, leaving Geoffrey alone in his cell. Perhaps today would be the day.

(OOC: I barely added anything since yesterday. I like the way that it reads though.))

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: In a lone prison cell down the hall...

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Azuka did as he was told, and hid around the corner, counting his blessings and biting his nails furiously, hoping that the others could hold off the guards before they came down to get him.

I should be doing something... Azuka thought to himself. But last time when I tried...what good did that do!? At least if I stay back here, I'll be able to tell the legend of their valiant deaths!

Meanwhile, the other guards watched Quinn go crazy on the foremost guard.

"This is getting out of hand!" the farthest one back called, and ran to a communications device on the northern wall. "Attention! This is Floor 3B, requesting immediate backup! We have a total of five prisoners making their escape, send any and forces able to suppress this attack! This is URGENT!!"

"Keh..." a voice on the other side of the box responded. "Floor 3B, eh? That's where I stashed those little insects earlier..."

There was a short silence, and the faint sounds of other voices could be heard over the crackling speaker. "Fine. We'll be down shortly. Try not to get your asses kicked TOO bad, okay? Man..."

kiduf

Unread postby kiduf » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:11 am

It was only a short while after Zeke had gone off on his own, with Azuka and Quinn hot on his trail, before Azer and Ramsus heard trouble in the halls.

"Azuka, run! Dragonian, get in here!"

"Jesus Christ, they're in trouble already?!?!"

"Get on my back, Ramsus; I'm not letting that mercenary get harmed."

Ramsus replied as he quickly hopped onto Azer's back (and quite easily this time, too), "Wha, why?"

"Nothing. Let's go." At that, Azer went aloft and streaked down the hall and around the corner. He made a soft landing in what could be referred to as nothing less than a warzone, and crouched so that Ramsus could hop off. On the way in, he noticed Azuka back near the corner with his eyes shut tight. Not the best of defensive measures. As he folded his wings in for the battle, Azerbarth quickly instructed Ramsus to help out.

"Ramsus! Go back around the corner and tell that wizard guy to either help out or find a better hiding place, then GET BACK HERE!"

With that out of the way, Azer surveyed the scene around him. It would appear that more TFG had come down from the higher floors, and that the group of prisoners (plus one mercenary) were grossly outnumbered. Zeke's bullets rang off of the walls, blowing chunks of concrete over the battle. Quinn was near the back wall, finishing up on a guard's neck. She was looking to the next guard down when Azer noticed that another group of guards had come down the stairs and were all headed directly to the unsuspecting Quinn.

Realizing that he would have to use one of his long range attacks, Azer remembered that he had not conjured a fireball in quite a time, and that he hadn't even tried to use the talons at all.

"Well, that's not good..."

With no time to spare, Azer did the action that came easiest to him, which at that moment just happened to be raising his arms forward and clenching his fists. Almost immediately, he could feel the Talons heating up to a searing degree, and soon after saw that a heat wave was forming around his fists. Azerbarth was just about to let fly on the group of 10 or so guards, which were now mere paces behind Quinn, still eyeing the next guard, when he heard a scream from behind.

"Get the Dragonian!!!"

And then a tremendous weight on his back as a number of guards launched themselves upon Azer.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:09 am

Recovering quickly from the shock of being shoved out of the way by Quinn, Zeke briefly admired the way the succubus chose to do battle.

Wow, he observed. A real tooth-and-nail brawler, she is. That's fuckin' sexy. Look at her chew on that guy's jugular vein! I bet she's an animal in the sack.

Before the mercenary could get too lost in his daydreaming, however, a guard that had managed to escape Quinn's wrath darted forward, hacking violently at Zeke with a greatsword, slicing at the air in an adrenaline-charged frenzy. Realizing that the only place to go was sideways, as he was pressed up against the wall, the mercenary dropped to the ground, rolling, as the guard's weapon clanged against the stone wall noisily. As he hit the floor, he fired a quick pair of shots from his pistols, one bullet only scoring the guard's shoulder--but the other, more accurately-aimed shot punching its way through the soldier's temple. Now lying prone, Zeke twisted his body to fire in the direction of Quinn's numerous adversaries, richochets sounding as some of his shots went slightly off-target. And while a lot of bullets hit concrete, many of them had a chance to travel through guards on the way. Gritting his teeth a little as he consciously focused to slow down his breathing rate so he could aim more accurately, he realized that he had lost track of how many shots he had fired. Hearing an enraged battle cry, he swivelled his neck to face straight upward just in time to notice the gargantuan axe blade hovering in the air over his head. A fraction of a second later, he noticed the guard holding the weapon, and decided that it might be a good idea to shoot him.

Whipping his arm around to point one of his handguns at the burly warrior, he pulled the trigger on a snap shot, figuring that any hit would at the very least keep the soldier from being able to cut off his head. Unfortunately for Zeke, his trigger pressure was greeted by the worst sound a gunman engaged in a tense firefight can ever hear.

Click.

Eyes widening as he realized that he had expended his clip in the joy of combat, and well-aware that there would be no time to change it while people were trying to poke him with sharp objects, he quickly twisted his body around again and rolled just out of the way of the clanging axe. Not accustomed to melee fighting while prone, his roll stopped with the mercenary lying on his belly, eyes raised at the axe blade as it began to come back down surprisingly quickly. Uninterested in having his skull split open and his brains displayed to the general public, he rolled to the side again, just narrowly dodging his would-be executioner. Shit! That was entirely too damned close to my ear! Now, however, he was lying on his back, and in a smooth motion he sat up while drawing one of the short swords on his belt, then twisted his body sideways again to complete the motion as yet another roll. Dodging yet another swing of the axe, Zeke again lay flat on his stomach, but this time, he was armed. Taking advantage of his opponent's unarmored lower legs, he lashed out with his blade, slicing the back tendon of his opponent's ankles and throwing him off balance. The guard's axe swing went wide, slamming into the wall as the burly man's body fell forward as a result of a lack of proper support. For a brief moment, Zeke and the soldier saw eye-to-eye as the man lay on the ground next to him. The guard's world rapidly went dark, however, as Zeke whipped his blade around over his body and shoved it into the back of the axeman's neck.

Taking advantage of the breather to grab his dropped firearms and stand up as quickly as he possibly could, he shoved the handguns back into their respective coat pockets and pulled the other short sword from his belt. Jamming their hilts together and twisting them so as to cause the pommels to interlock, Zeke grinned as he formed his preferred melee weapon--his dual-bladed sword.

Maybe I should help that guy out, mused Zeke, glancing in Azer's direction. That's a lot for one guy to handle...

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:21 am

Quinn threw her leg back into the remaining guard's shin, breaking it and turning herself around to face the other hall. Noticing the other guards, she realized she couldn't play around the way she would have liked. It's what got her caught last time. As the guard she kicked took the weight off his broken leg, she swung upward and caught him in the jaw with her forearm. He fell to the floor, not dead but effectively so.

While she dropped that particular guard, another grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her toward him and, presumably, also toward any weapon of his choosing. Quinn, not partial to being stabbed in the back, abruptly stopped resisting the man's pull. He was temporarily unbalanced and she took the opportunity to elbow him hard in the solar plexus. Sidestepping quickly, Quinn narrowly avoided a headbutt from the guard as he bent forward. Moving behind him she delivered him a sound kick in, of all places, his ass. He arched his spine back in pain, falling stiffly to the floor while simultaneously attempting to choke out breath from his aching ribs and coughing up dark vomit.

Satisfied that the guard was effectively disabled, (and pleased that her shoulder was beginning to heal nicely) Quinn turned to the others. She gave the closest a hard left to the kidney, forcing him to arch his body to the left and leaving his right side open. Closing her fist so that one knuckle joint protruded slightly, she drove into the right side of his rib cage, crushing part of his lung. The unfortunate guard, having nowhere left to flinch, simply gasped in pain. Seeing the man's jaw open, she gave him an uppercut that probably broke not only his jaw, but several teeth. Clutching his face in his hands, it was clear that he was no longer anything approaching a threat.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A] at: 4/16/05 2:24

FlamingDeth

You know what to do, so come on, bring it on!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:08 am

For a moment, Ramsus stood motionless. The events going on around him were, to say the least, brutal. Jugulars flying all over the place, people getting their legs chopped off, heads acquiring holes that they were never intended to have, the works. For someone who's combat experience extended to the occasional barroom brawl, it was a little overwhelming.

He shook off the shock. Just standing there wasn't going to help the situation any. Besides, he couldn't just stand by and let the mercenary kill all of them -- he had just moments ago heard one of them talking about his family. It seemed that most of them thought that absolutely everyone here was a hardened, bloodthirsty, violent criminal, and were just doing their civic duty to keep them under control, and make an honest living while they were at it. Who knows, they could be nearly completely right.

What mattered now, however, was getting the guards off of Azerbarth. No matter what point of view you looked at it from, Ramsus likely needed everyone here in order to get off this wretched island. With that, he disappeared.

Given that he wasn't really doing much anyways, the guards overlooked him quite handily. Or at least they did. Coming up from behind, Ramsus lunged out of the shadows, getting a distracted guard in a headlock, and punching him in the side of the head. The quite surprised guard conveniently went unconscious. That was one off of Azer's back, at least.

Of course, the guards didn't take kindly to Ramsus actually contributing to the brawl in some way, as shown by one of them reactively turning to grab Ramsus by the collar, sword drawn, prepared to impale the escaped prisoner. Before he could complete his action, however, he found himself on the receiving end of the worst headbutt he had seen in his life.

That was two down, Ramsus congratulated himself. Not only that, but it was two that would be able to get up later. He turned back to Azer, to see how he could assist the Dragonian...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 4/17/05 3:11

kiduf

Re: You know what to do, so come on, bring it on!

Unread postby kiduf » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:00 pm

... which was apparently by doing nothing.

Upon realizing that a great deal of the weight had been taken off of his back, Azer did the best thing he could think of. He re-opened his wings, with all of the thrust that he could muster. Apparently, that was alot. All four or so of the guards clinging to Azer's back were sent flying in all directions. He made it a point to look behind him and smack one of them with his tail. Guard to wall. Bam.

"This is starting to get interesting," Azerbarth thought to himself as he winked at Ramsus, "Let's do this!"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs