Night Below: The Evils of Haranshire

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
JoshuaDurron

Re: Night Below

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:31 am

Elias shrugged and let the chest back down to the table. "If that's how you want to use your cut of the cash..."

SALSAlys

Re: Night Below

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:58 am

Devra sighed, giving a brief nod before standing on the table, stretching before she jumped off.

"Cheap 'nuff, and it's a convenience."

The Great Nevareh

Indeed!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:47 am

"If you think that renting a mule and husbandry is necessary, I would be willing to put forward my share of the expense."
Justin says this in a way that implies that "Willing" is actually more along the lines of "Eager."
"Plus, if we acquire a mule and husbandry, then we can load it down with some of our supplies and necessities so the trip can be made more swiftly. I am for the renting of a mule."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Indeed!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:47 pm

The bartender, who had been previously polishing glasses, like all good bartenders should, chose that moment to call to them, asking if they required another round of drinks.

Totally lex

swift and silent like nerdy ninja

Unread postby Totally lex » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:02 pm

Simethal cast a scournful glance at the drunken, dripping, warrior at the end of the table, then looked at the bartender, her face now showing the slightest trace of humor.

"Many thanks but no, good Sir. We've a long journey in the morning, and it's high time some removed their head from their spirits."

With that she turned to her companions, gave a small bow, and said.

"Mule or no mule, that's not really an important issue for discussion at this moment. When shall we be leaving out, and where will we all gather? I think this place is as good as any."

The Great Nevareh

Hrm...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:03 pm

"This place is good, though I might be a little late if you intend on leaving very early in the morning. I have services that I must attend starting at sunrise that usually last an hour. "

JoshuaDurron

Preparing our spells, are we?

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:18 am

"I suppose we can deal with that," Elias said with a shrug. "It seems that there's nothing more to do for the night but enjoy it." And with that comment, the Tiefling finished off his mug of ale.

GC130A

No, he's just curing that nasty hangover.

Unread postby GC130A » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:45 pm

With a slight yawn, Nelson lifted the bag containing their pay and quietly counted out twenty-five gold pieces for each person, then distributed them. The group members didn't really seem like the types to pool their money anyway.

Totally Lex

SLOW

Unread postby Totally Lex » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:38 am

Sim quickly pocketed her gold, tipped a wink to her companions, "We'll meet here at that time then. Pleasant dreaming."

And with that, the slender lady elf made her way to her room, to get a little shut eye for the night. The madness of travel so soon in the future was building in her, and she couldn't wait to get on the road.

JoshuaDurron

Move faster or I'll smack this thread with the POWer!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:25 am

Elias also took his share of the gold and retired. He saw no real need for further conversation, as everything seemed to be arranged. The ranger slept lightly, looking forward to once again being in his own element.

The Great Nevareh

Re: Move faster or I'll smack this thread with the POWer!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:55 pm

Before the festivities ensued, Justin made sure that he had already exited. That type of thing just isn't for him.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Meeting at the Lookout

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:56 am

And so, whether they left immediately or stayed on at the inn longer, the night passed uneventfully and restfully.

Justin was up before dawn, ready for his daily prayers, and the others awoke in various states of readiness for the new day.

An hour passed, and the new day was now in full swing. Shops were opening, stalls were being manned, and human traffic began to swell in the streets. The weather today was fairly mild, though with a quality to the air that hinted at rain to come.

Inside The Lookout, the bartender crossed the room and unbarred the door, opening it to the public.

SALSAlys

Re: Meeting at the Lookout

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:46 pm

Devra made her way in, hair tightly drawn back and eyes half-lidded, still rubbing some sleep out before she sat on a table, looking somewhat groggy before she ordered a mug of juice. While functioning, she appeared as though she could drift back to sleep if left to her own devices; apparently a slow riser.

The Great Nevareh

Here comes the religion!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:11 am

About an hour after sunrise, Justin, clad in armor with the emblem of Ansan embossed upon it, mace with the sign of Ansan inscribed upon its handle at his side, and with a rather large pack on his back. The coup-de-grace is the long, billowing off-white scarf that is wending around his shoulders. He also has a holy symbol hanging from his shoulder.

Justin ka-chunks and ka-chinks into the tavern, fully aware, rested, awake, and beaming the sunshine that never seems to leave his presence. His armor gleams, obviously freshly cleaned and polished, his clothes are clean and pressed, and he smells faintly of lavender. His slightly disorderly hair is shining with cleanliness.

He smiles at Devra, plunks himself (very carefully) down on one of the stools, and orders a glass of water. He looks, right now, like he stepped out of a legend or a story.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Here comes the swanky elf! :D

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:57 am

Simethal had long been up, her meditations leaving her rested and her mind was abuzz with activity, excitement building at the thought of being on her beloved road.

She'd been in this area too long, and it had started to get dull, this would be a welcome break.

Soon the other two would note her striding into the tavern, a quirky grin of amusement on her face, her braided hair pulled back in an elaborate but functional manner with white cloth, unlike their religious companion, Sim seemed to shy away from armor, she wore loose fencing clothing in black and white and just the utmost necessary armor of leather. She however looked like she could out maneaver anyone save the halfling in a heartbeat.

Tipping a wink to her companions she seated herself at their table, and held her backpack in her lap.

JoshuaDurron

Enter the outdoorsman! ;D

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:53 pm

Elias had been awake long before dawn, and had already been outside the city once, observing the weather, checking on the conditions of the roads, and communing with the spirits of nature. Now, he walked into the inn with a purposeful stride and a grinning face. Soon, he would be out in nature again, where he prefered to be, and he would be making himself a little better off to boot.

He no longer wore his cloak, the long garment being rolled tightly and tied to his belt. His leather armor, showing only one or two scuffs on its well maintained surface, was a rich dark brown that seemed almost black in the morning light. However, as it was right next to his own black skin, the illusion was not quite complete. His black hair was braided (as always) and numerous feathers had been woven in at varius points. The wyvern tatoo that wound around his arm gleamed in the sunlight. Strapped to his waist were a number of smaller axes in holsters that were designed to allow them to be easily pulled out, and a larger, heavier ax was slung over his back.

He strode up to the bar, and ordered a small cup of wine, then greeted his companions with a cheerful, "Good morning." He took a seat at the table, seating himself right next to the paladin (who seemed like an alright fellow when not drunk...)

SALSAlys

Must we? ;-;

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:23 pm

Devra mumbled something in response, likely a reply to the "good morning", and took a long sip of her juice. With a loud yawn, and a bit of stretching her arms, she looked a bit more awake, if somewhat bleary.

"Don't know how you manage t'look so chipper," she grumbled slightly, to no one in the group in particular.

The Great Nevareh

Re: Must we? ;-;

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:17 am

"I am well due to three things, namely good sleeping habits, a lack of intoxicants in my system, and the glory and light of Ansan watching over me. Though, if you really want to wake up, chew on some mint leaves. I might have some on me, if you would like."

Justin, once again, beams.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Must we? ;-;

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:42 am

Elias frowned at Justin. "You know, drinking doesn't necessarily entail a hangover. And personally, I know enough people who are awake and chipper without the help of Annie-whats-her-face to be sceptical of that. As for 'good' sleep habits..." the Tiefling shrugged. "Being able to stay awake until four in the morning is considered useful for night hunting. It just so happens that I prefer to hunt in the early morning, so I'm used to moving about then."

The Great Nevareh

Now, Now!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:10 pm

"Annie-what's-his-face, if you please. The Overseer would like people to at least get his gender right. Besides, good sleeping habits just implies that you get the amount of sleep you need to remain healthy, not a specific schedule. As for the intoxicants, drinking doesn't necessarily entail a hangover, but not imbibing alcohol certainly prevents one. Aside from the fact that intoxicants tend to dull the senses and alter judgement. I have heard too many stories of people awakening in places after a night of celebration that they would never in their right mind frequent not to believe that."

Justin delivers this short speech with a friendly yet slightly reproachful air.

"There is no real point in being argumentative over subjects when you have absolutely no chance of altering the viewpoint of the person you're speaking with. You would be more likely to talk a mountain out of its ore than to talk a man out of his morals. "

And Justin once again beams.

SALSAlys

Re: Now, Now!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:21 pm

Giving Justin an incredulous look, Devra just shrugged her shoulders. Much of her expression seemed to be at wondering how the man could put together such strings of words in the morning.

"S'pose," she responded absently, concentrating on draining her mug.

Lord McBastard

So....who had the chest?

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:45 am

Jarvin idly smiled to himself after he had greeted his various companions when they appeared. Despite the odd one with more axes than any man had a right to carry, he was in high spirits. Another adventure, a day to set out on the road marching to fortune or doom or both.

He was clad fully in banded mail, overlapping metal plates connected with chainmail and leather. His torso was covered by a pitch black surcoat, emblazoned with the sigil Jarvin had taken for himself. A sword, point down, had its pommel circled with a golden crown, the whole affair was surrounded in a blazing white circle. It was a variation on Anera Swordjoy's sigil who Jarvin had squired for.

A hammer was tucked into a holder by his right thigh a dagger on the hip above it. His helmet lay on the table as well his pair of gauntlets. Backpack and spear rested against the wall behind him, as well as the magician's chest that the rest of his partner's had so graciously left in his custody along with his share of the gold.

Jarvin snatched his mug of hot cider from the table and stood, holding the cup infront of him. "Gentlemen and ladies, to our future success" he said with a smile, all signs of last nights exess unapparent on his face.

The Great Nevareh

Who doesn't NOT have the chest?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:56 pm

"To our success, may "Annie-what's-his-face" bless our travels."
Justin then makes a series of hand signals and bows slightly with his eyes closed.

JoshuaDurron

The elf's chest interests me more... ;)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 pm

"Or at least to a good trip," Elias conceded with a nod of his head and a tip of his glass.

Totally Lex

Everyone is after the elf's chest.

Unread postby Totally Lex » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:51 am

Lacking anything to toast with, and feeling that if she were to scamper off to procure a drink would ruin the moment, Sim merely held up her hand, miming holding a glass there. She wiped her usual amused grin off her face for a look of mock gravity.

"Aye, I'll drink to that!" Miss Amanes said that in her most serious and gruff voice, which sounded rather silly, as it seemed she was trying to imititate the rather grumpy nature of the dwarven race.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

To Haranshire

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:26 am

The chest had been left overnight at the inn, which of course belonged to the guild, so it had been under the watchful eye of the innkeep. Now it sat on the table in front of them once more, dead centre, inanimate witness to their toast.

The innkeeper, who they now knew as Joel, stood behind the bar counting the last night's profits.

'Shouldn't you be going?' He asked. 'I'd be dead afraid of that wizard bloke getting angry if I were late... might turn me into a ferret or something.'

The Great Nevareh

Re: To Haranshire

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:20 pm

"Erm... He might turn us into ferrets? That would be rather... uncomfortable. And inconvenient. Are we all here?"

Justin doesn't seem to consider those uncomfortable and inconvenient happenings at all possible, since he has a very selective view of the universe and honestly really bad things happening to him doesn't seem to come into the equation.

GC130A

Up up and away!

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:01 pm

Nelson had been out shopping. Being that he had been left with the travel money, he felt it was only his responsibility to do so. And so he leaned casually against a doorpost in the entryway to the inn, a recently acquired mule and provisions tethered securely within his sight.

Smiling brightly, he said without so much as a trace of the thick accent of the night before, "Said all our goodbyes, I hope? Time's a'wasting!"

(As for the purchases! Mule, pack saddle, 10 days of trail rations, 2 days of firewood and 3 waterskins: totalling 21 gp, 2 cp. Also hauled his heavy hemp onto the mule.)

SALSAlys

Re: Up up and away!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:11 pm

Devra sighed, sliding off the table and landing lightly on her feet.

"Not sure if we're all here, but close 'nuff," she commented, tapping the side of her head lightly. Already equipped and ready to go, she set herself beside Nelson.

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:38 am

"Bit groggy, are we?" Nelson looked down at the halfling, then spoke to the bartender. "I'm sure you can fix the lady something to wake up by?"

In his experience, the right combination of hot peppers and cinnamon was pretty effective, but he was quite sure the 'tender had some remedies of his own.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:57 am

'Sure can, little lady.'

A happy grin spread across Joel's face, and it was quite clear that Nelson had struck upon what the barkeep considered his true calling as he began whipping up a homebrew remedy. He made it at such speed that it was quite impossible to tell what was actually going into the mixture, but the final result was an on oddly bright shade of blue.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:45 pm

Devra blinked.

She shook her head slightly, looking at the blue mixture with a bit of suspicion.

"....very effective. I feel more awake just LOOKING at it," the halfling said slowly. "Thank you, Joel."

She made no motion of actually taking it, though an idle thought commented that it would be a shame to deprive Joel of this opportunity to show his skills. Instead, she began sidling behind Nelson, intending to make her escape.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:39 am

'Not a problem, little missy.' Joel replied, not missing a beat as the drink disappeared from view beneath the counter.

'Are you off, then?'

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:36 am

"Yep. Soon as all the tall'uns get out!" the halfling called, scampering outside.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:42 am

Sim yawned and began to have a good stretch, waiting for the cue for their departure.

JoshuaDurron

Yes, forward! =D

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:30 am

Elias checked once more to make everything was secure, and got up, following the halfling, who now seemed a bit cheerier, out into the morning sunlight.

The Great Nevareh

Re: Yes, forward! =D

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:33 pm

Justin strides forward into the daylight, clinking and clanking in his armor, his beaming smile almost but not quite outshining the sun. He clearly is taking enjoyment in being outside at this hour to appreciate the morning.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: Yes, forward! =D

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:27 pm

Is soon out the door after them, arms over her head, still in mid strech, a look of peaceful cheer written alll over her features.

She wonders who will be dealing with that dumb box.

Previous

Return to Other RPs