Dragonlock: Erain Legacy

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:58 am

(I'm just re-posting my earlier demo in the OCC Thread)

The wind carried a bad omen. Ryu stood up and took a long look at the moon. "*sigh* It's going to be a long road ahead, I suspect." He said as he glided off of the warehouse rooftop. He was supposed to come with a few other travellers to meet a client who desired information on the Raigukai, a race that fell nearly 1500 years ago. Of all the things to be asking about Eria's past, Ryu thought this to be the most strange. Ryu yawned and stretched his arms and wings. He only knew segmented facts about the Raigukai. They had been extremely fast, and were said to have been expert Thieves and Ninjas. They had spiky green fur, and looked very odd in his opinion. He didn't know much why they dissapeared so suddenly. It was said to have happened all at once. He didn't know what "it" was, exactly, but then again, he was no history major. He leaned up against the door of the warehouse. Nothing to do but wait, I guess He thought to himself as he wrothe his tail impatiently.

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 03, 2004 12:58 pm

TED'Caash De'Grath grunted. "Yet another job, yet another lousy paycheck with too little numbers in it. I shouldn't have dropped out of school..." And once more, the Demonic was reminded of his past.

He (it?) was in a foul mode right now, and with most Demonics, having a foul mode means destruction of some kind. Yet he walked on towards the warehouse. After all, his services was pledged by his agent. His former cheating and thieving agent to be sure, but still promises had to be carried out.

"Hmm.. That's the warehouse?" TED-De looked. He hated that nickname, hated how the others taunted him with it a long time ago, how he reacted once and.... huh? who's that standing at the doorway to the warehouse? His employer?

Caash walked over to the person, and extended one fur-covered hand in greetings.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/3/04 12:59 pm

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Dragonlock: Erain Legacy

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:54 pm

Zulian walked up to the warehouse area. He didn't wear a shirt, his chest bulging with muscles from years of hauling bales of hay. He wore green Gi pants, and on his back was strapped his bo staff. He looked around, scanning the area like he had been taught to. He noticed a splatter of mudon the road, and it had rained yesterday. Nobody ever came to the warehouse area and entered this way, so he figured that someone had already gotten here. He then noticed a broken twig on the floor, a little ways away from the mud. Perhaps his employer will not be the only one there. he walked into the huge labyrinth of warehouses, and came to the ware house he was to wait at. He stopped, strained his ears, and heard people talking. He had sharpened his senses during his master's trainging, and heard almost every word of it. "Nice to meet you." "You too." "What's ... job ... be?" "Gather... about... ancient Raigukai" He decided this would be a nice time to drop in, so he walked around the corner, and said, "Ah, the Raigukai. I was always fascinated by the ancient stories my Grandfather used to tell me. I wonder if we will find anything about them, or will their fame be just a myth?"

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:26 pm

(OOC: Yesh, the Demonics have genders.)

Ryu turned to the newcomer. "Hm, well, well, we've already got three people here. Cripes, I wonder when he's gonna get here..." Ryu said as he patted himself down for a watch. Oh, yeah, that's right, That thing saved my ass a while ago... He thought to himself, as he laid his hand on the mangled mess that remained. He'd ment to get it fixed sometime, but he never remembered... "So? What's your name, stranger?" He said as he turned to the Erian with the Bo staff.

The Great Nevareh

Bad good directions.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon May 03, 2004 10:22 pm

"??????"

The above is incredibly hard to articulate. It is a combination of a turn of phrase, a facial expression, a high-pitched noise, and a posture that implies cluelessness.
This is what a tall Erian woman said/did as she approached a corner while staring with rapt fascination at a set of directions that managed to both convey exactly where she was going and avoid entirely the subject of where she was going *to*. Adjusting her cap, she looked around herself, staring off into the distance in all four ways from the intersection, failing to see anything she could possibly be looking for.

Now comes the question: Why is she here?
There are numerous answers to this, most of them having much to do with the god A and god B having a little too much to drink one night and waking up with a terrible hangover and gods C through X as offspring. Some people say fate, some people say blind luck, some people stare at you funny when you even ask, but there is only one explanation that this woman can think of at this point in time.
Extremely bad good directions.
She continues to wander around the district, imposing enough to avoid certain kinds of unwanted attention, potentially masculine enough to attract other kinds of unwanted attention (mostly from prostitutes), and confused enough to wander around aimlessly for the rest of the night unless someone shows her the way.

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 5/3/04 10:28 pm

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Tue May 04, 2004 3:21 am

"So? What's your name, stranger?" Ryu asked.

Caash didn't wait for the Erian to answer. "I'm TED'Caash De'Grath" he grunted, "and this here is Ryu. Ryu Cake" Caash stared down on the Erian, half wishing for some comic relief when he tries to pronounce Caash's name wrong.

After all, Caash was in a bad mood, and hates violence, yet is a Demonic. Not very nice for Caash's own mental state, being pulled in all directions...

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Tue May 04, 2004 6:36 am

"Well, I am Zulian. Zulian Cavenran. Pleased to meet your acquaintances."

RyuKurai000

"Dragon Cake"?

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:10 am

Cake? Ryu thought to himself. Is he mocking me, or does he have a speech impediment? "The name's Ryu Kage actually," Ryu said without emotion as he flicked his tail around. "I'm pleased to meet you too, I guess..." Ryu then also informed Zulian of their job description. (Like a good little toolImage )

wkz

"Dragon Cake"?

Unread postby wkz » Tue May 04, 2004 10:17 am

" ***#^(%#@$^$*** " Caash didn't even notice his own mistake in pronounciation while he was wishing others to make their own mistakes.

Then he suddenly felt sheepish... "Why in Eria do I wish that on another person?" And he laughed halfway through Kage's mission description.

"Don't mind me, Mr Kage" Caash said to himself, grinning all the way. Yet something about a smile on a demonic's face seems unsettling... as if it's not supposed to be there...

Geocsuppi

Re: "Dragon Cake"?

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Tue May 04, 2004 3:16 pm

Jerry hadn't liked the idea of a mission. Mickey wouldn't be too pleased, but then again he never is. And Jerry need some extra money for better pots, pans, and other such cooking utenciles. He had his knives in their place, strapped to his legs.

Jerry walked along through the dirt road to the wharehouse. His plantnum blonde hair shown brightly in the sun. He spotted some people standing around the door. He could safely assume them to be against him, but assumptions were never his style. Asertations on the other hand. He walked around out of site up along a wall that wouldn't be in their vision range. He stood there listening to the conversation for a bit, then decided, they were his new partners and he should say hi.

He slowly meanadered out from behind the wall. He gave them all a look and raised up two fingers, his pointer, and his ring, and said, "Yo!"

RyuKurai000

Re: "Dragon Cake"?

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue May 04, 2004 6:40 pm

Ryu turned to the newcomer, removing a piece of paper from his back pocket as he did so. "Ah, so here, we've got me, TED'Caash, Zulian, and that makes you Jerry, huh?" Ryu stuck one of his claws through each of the names as he read them off. "My name's Ryu Kage, and it would appear we have one missing..." He said as he finished scrolling down the paper. "One Caija Revjenko, If I said that correctly." He finished. "Well, I would suggest someone go track her down, but I'll just leave you to get better aquainted." Ryu said as he replaced the paper in his pocket and took a leap into the air. He flapped violently for a few seconds, but then the flaps became less and less frequent, the higher he got. Finally, he reached a point where the wind's updrafts carried him with ease. "Stay there!" he yelled down to the Demonic and two Erians. He then flew off in search of whoever this woman was.
After about three minutes, he noticed a figure in the distance, who was regularly stopping and looking around. Ah, damn, she'll never make it in time. Ryu thought to himself as he swooped down lower to the ground. "Hey!" he shouted to the figure, who immediately turned he head at the voice breaking the silence.

The Great Nevareh

I am not interested in 'having some fun'!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm

"Hey!"

Quickly reacting to this new entry to her sensorium, the woman raised her head and yelled out, at the top of her lungs yells "I AM NOT INTERESTED IN 'HAVING SOME FUN'!" before she realized that she wasn't being addressed by a scantily clad woman of questionable attractiveness.
"Oh.... eh... heh?"
She turned and made her way toward the smaller figure who had been addressing her, extremely pleased to have found someone who appears to be neither a pimp, a gigolo, a whore, or a man in search of some kind of special service that can best be described as a private affair. She makes good time in covering the distance, powered by both embarrassment and long legs. As she strides up in front of he who addresses her, she proffers a small square of paper and asks, in a questioning voice that sounds a bit like begging:
"Ruy Cake?"

Before anyone can blame her for being illiterate, an examination of the square of paper she is holding tells her that she should be finding a Ryuii by the name of "Ruy Cake."

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 5/4/04 9:55 pm

RyuKurai000

I love this quote

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue May 04, 2004 10:07 pm

Ryu, Having landed, raised an eyebrow to this woman, he thought, in front of him at being called "Cake" again. I really wish people would stop doing that... He thought to himself as he held out a hand to the woman. "You're here about the job, right? That guy's going to be here in a few minutes, and you're really lost. If you want to stand any chance of getting there, I think you'll have to-" Ryu grimmaced at the next thing he had to say. "-Ride on me." As he saw the woman take a deep breath as though she was going to scream about "Not wanting to have any fun!" He held up a hand and half shouted "Not like that, you pervert!"

The Great Nevareh

*Awkward Silence*

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 pm

"Erm... Uhh... I'm not exactly lightweight. I don't think that's a particularly good idea."

She seems to be in a reasoning mode, completely detached from her previous anxiety. She also isn't kidding about not being lightweight. She towers over most members of her race, she seems to be at least fairly muscular, and she's walking as though she's carrying quite a few things in the mysterious recesses of her coat. She honestly doesn't look much like a "she", and the only clue is the tone of voice. She is obviously military of some sort, though, since she has one of the small, tightly-wound padawan-style braids that denotes membership, past or present, in the government's armed forces.

"If there's no other way, then I guess we have to. But you must be a pretty able flier..."
She shrugs.
"And calling me a pervert isn't the best way to start off a working relationship, Mr. Cake."

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 5/4/04 11:03 pm

RyuKurai000

*Facefall*

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:59 am

Ryu sighed to himself. "Well, I know what kind of fun you were talking about having. You seem to take everything the wrong way, huh?" He then realized that that they had been talking a bit long. "Ah, that guy's gonna be here any minute! Hurry and get on. Let's get this over with..." Ryu didn't like the idea of being used like a horse, but if it was his only choice...

The Great Nevareh

*Facepalm*

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed May 05, 2004 2:45 pm

"Right. Well, let's get this over with. I'm sure you probably don't get your jollies by being used as a pack animal, Mr. Cake. So... what do I do? Hop on?"

RyuKurai000

Re: *Facepalm*

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 05, 2004 3:09 pm

Ryu turned around and crouched down, holding his hands down as though about to give her a piggyback ride. "Well, hop on..."

The Great Nevareh

Do I get Frequent Flier miles?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed May 05, 2004 3:59 pm

The woman positions herself behind the man she believes is named "Ruy Cake" and gets into a piggybacking position. This is... a little different.

Geocsuppi

Re: Do I get Frequent Flier miles?

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed May 05, 2004 5:30 pm

[OOC: Hey what ever your twos boats...]

IC:

"Did I say something?" Jerry said in response to Ryu's sudden and abrupt departure. A smile slid across Jerry's face. Well not so much slid as stumbled, in much the same way as a person who has had to much to drink.

"Yeah... So I am Jerry." He gave a slight bow.

RyuKurai000

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:21 pm

Ryu could already feel this woman's weight as she sat on him piggy back. Grah! Is she carrying a bunch of rocks in there? He wondered to himself as he bunched his leg muscles together. He released them, jumping like a spring about seven feet off the ground. He then began to flap wildly until he reached the top of the warehouse. Ryu turned his head back, just barely catching Caija in the corner of his eye. "You're right, that wasn't such a good idea. I have a better one though." With that Ryu took off on a running start towards the next warehouse. He was lucky, as the warehouses appeared to be only about 20 feet apart. He lept partway across the gap and glided for the rest. As soon as he landed he continued to run, this time gaining a bit more speed. As soon as he reached the end of the warehouse, he launched himself over the next gap. By another warehouse he was running at nearly forty miles per hour. He ran to the edge of the third warehouse and lept up with a slight grunt, this time leaping just a bit higher than before. He could almost hear Caija gasp in surprise as he just barely managed to hold a cruising altitude. "My... Name... Is.... Ryu Kage..... Not Ruy Cake... What about... You?" He said in between gaspig for breath.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Wed May 05, 2004 10:06 pm

Zulian looked into the sky and saw Ryu flying back, although he seemed a little awkward. He then saw him plummet, then appear, then plummet, and continued like this many times.

"Looks like the ryuui over there is having some problems flying," he said with a grin.

(OOC: I might be mistaken, but Great Nevareh, are you writing in the present tense? Is that just your style, or is it an unconcious mistake?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/5/04 10:08 pm

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed May 05, 2004 11:13 pm

(OOC:I use Present Tense because I learned to write that way. If everything is in the past tense, then how do people know when you're referring to things that happened beforehand?)
*Is he trying to engage me in conversation? I can't tell what he's saying...*
Therefore, in an attempt to alleviate her confusion, she shouted "What?"
Unfortunately, her head is dangerously close to the Ryuii's ear, so this might not go down as the most appropriate volume.

wkz

"This is Eagle 2 calling Eagle 1 , Respond"

Unread postby wkz » Wed May 05, 2004 11:44 pm

"Looks like the ryuui over there is having some problems flying," Zulian said with a grin.

Caash looked up into the sky. As another flying race, Caash's sharp eyes and flying experience immediately spotted the problem: The passenger on Ryu's back is moving around too much, and sitting up too much instead of hugging closely. These land-locked races just did not know how much that hinders flying...

Caash saw Ryu plummeting again. It looked like he may need help with the landing. "Wait here, I'll see what i can do." And with that, Caash launched himself into the sky, spreading and flapping his bat-like wings

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/5/04 11:50 pm

RyuKurai000

Owwie

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:13 am

"WHAAT?" The voice reverberated in Ryu's head, ricocheting around his skull like a pinball. "I SAID MY NAME IS RYU KAGE NOT CAKE WHAT'S YOURS!" He shouted in one breath, nearly knocking Caija off with the sound. Ryu gasped for breath. His wings were starting to give a little, but he could definately get them to the spot. He still didn't get why this woman was so heavy. He would have taken a look back, but he was afraid he might disrupt the balance and make Caija fall. And a splattered ally would not be of much use. He could see another person in the air. It had to have been Caash, unless one of the Erians sprouted wings and orange fur. He could feel his tendons being stretched, so he slowed the flying a bit. No... We have to get there on time... He sped up again. Ow... Pain... He slowed down again. No way I'm giving up! he sped up again, and this time he heard a loud "pop", followed by some intense pain in his left wing. "Agh!" He yelped, but continued flying, going down a bit to the left...

wkz

"Eagle 1 is going down, I repeat, Eagle 1 ... "

Unread postby wkz » Thu May 06, 2004 12:32 pm

Caash was circling around to get beside Ryu when he heard a loud "pop", followed by the other flier shouting out in pain. Also, he noted the change in Ryu's flying, especially the fact that his left wing has all but crumpled up. And immediately after, Ryu took another dive.

"This cannot be good" Caash thought to himself "There is no way he can recover now, not with that wing". Immediately, he swerved downwards, purposely bumping into and grabbing his two new allies. Caash then spread his own wings as wide as possible, attempting to slow all three enough to have a non-lethal fall.

The Great Nevareh

One for the scrapbook.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu May 06, 2004 1:58 pm

"Oh, Ryu Kage? How do you OOF-"

RyuKurai000

Medic! Medic!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:12 pm

After intercepting Ryu and Caija, Caash made a safe landing. Ryu forcefully restrained himself from crying out, putting his hand to his wing as he touched the ground again. "Well... Thank you for catching us... TED'Caash I'd like to introduce you to Caija, but we'd better get back to the spot ASAP, so let's move it." Ryu took off into a running start, turning the corner sharply. "We've got about two minutes, I think!" Ryu shouted back, trying not to let his pain show through his voice. Fortunately, Ryu had made a good distance with Caija, so they were about 600 feet away from the meeting point. They could make it if they hurried.

The Great Nevareh

You call THIS a marathon?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu May 06, 2004 5:41 pm

(OOC: When did he get her name? I think I've yet to refer to her as "Caija.")

The woman makes good time, easily keeping pace with the wounded Ryuii, though since she doesn't know where exactly she's supposed to be heading, so she has to follow him.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:42 pm

So now, the two Erians were left on the ground watching the antics of the two beings that were able to fly.

"You know, I've never flown before, but I get the feeling that flying is a very difficult thing."

He then saw the three of them plummet to the ground and knew something was amiss.

"That's not good," he said, looking quite concerned.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkknight61189>darkknight61189</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/6/04 9:43 pm

wkz

Run? Who needs running?

Unread postby wkz » Thu May 06, 2004 8:51 pm

"Hmm" Caash thought, looking at Ryu. "Looks like he really sprained his left wing..."

With that, he launched himself into the air once more. It may be only 600 feet, but Caash prefer to glide effortlessly to the meeting point rather than spend that time huffing and puffing on the ground

RyuKurai000

I need running! Humph...

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Thu May 06, 2004 9:42 pm

(OOC: Off the slip of paper that the soon-to-be-revealed employer gave him. :P)

Ryu and Caija continued to run, rapidly closing in on their destination. "So, what do you carry with you, Ma'am?" Ryu said while he continued to run, the pain still persisting as badly as ever.

(distance to go: 400ft.)

At the entrance to the warehouse district, a tacky green limosine pulled up to the entrance. A gloved hand inserted a key card into the slot. "ERROR. PLEASE INSERT CARD." The machine's screen displayed in neon red letters. "Idiotic piece of machinery." says the driver, in such a way that one can tell immediately that this is a female. "Can I take care of it, sir?" Said a voice with a slight english accent, probably belonging to a male. "Go right ahead." Said another voice, this one sounding exceedingly self confident, almost to the point of being snotty. The second voice mutters something under its breath, and the gate spontaniously combusts. The fire eats away at the wood and metal quickly, until nothing is left of the gate but a few ashes and a red-hot pool of liquid steel. The limo drove into the warehouse district, the driver's window rolling up as it did so. However, as the limo drove off, a red light, most likened to an eye, floated from behind a building across the street...

The Great Nevareh

Ditto

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri May 07, 2004 12:48 am

"Huh? Oh, just a few things. Battle rods, revolvers, ammunition, basic amenities, some grenades, armored suit. Told ya I'm heavy."
She doesn't seem to have any difficulty saying this while running alongisde the Ryuii, as though she were strolling peacefully instead of running in a headlong barrel.

Geocsuppi

Re: Ditto

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri May 07, 2004 2:10 am

Jerry gave a look to the other Erian that aptly conveyd his agreement.

"It does seem to be a tright difficult," he said after they witnessed the rather quick plumet.

(OOC: I forget who it was who kept typing in present tense, but that is how you convey a time line in past tense.)

RyuKurai000

And a running...

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri May 07, 2004 12:39 pm

Ryu was a tad startled at how heavily armed this Erain woman was. He didn't think she'd have much trouble deterring mashers, so he really had no clue why she shouted at him earlier... "Hm... Do you really need all of that stuff?"

(Distance to go: 200 feet)

The limo continued to drive towards the position, completely unaware of the spy following them. The figure jumped on top of one of the warehouses, running from one to the other with much more agility than Ryu could have mustered with Caija on his back. It relayed the position of the limo to its home base. "Roger that. Will send thirty drones to intercept target." Said a lanky male person relaying the message. He hit a button and then typed in the number "30". In one of the warehouses, a door lifted up, and a set of one hundred drones appeared. They had a single wheel for transportation, and their arms were buzz saws. Thirty of these activated, the same red light glowing in their single optic receptors. On the screen of the recently activated drones, a picture of the limo appeared, as well as two other pictures. One of a Dseamon male, and one of a Neo-Vampire female. Then, a single box with a question mark inside of it appeared. "Search and Destroy" appeared on the screen. "Mission Confirmed" appeared below the previous message as the drones began to move.

The Great Nevareh

Cue Dramatic Music!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri May 07, 2004 1:28 pm

"Of course I need it all. Geez. Did you hear something?"
She says as she continues to run. She seems to jingle slightly as she jogs alongside the wounded Ryuii, the sound of metal scraping on metal and the whump-whump of equipment continually banging into a soft surface. None of the arms she says she carries are apparent on her person, but somehow it is easy to believe she isn't exaggerating anything.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Cue Dramatic Music!

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Fri May 07, 2004 6:32 pm

"Hm, wonder wha-" Zulian stopped in mid sentence. He closed his eyes and concentrated hard on the noise that he heard. It was distant, but still quite clear. The sound of a wheel, no the sounds were comign from two different directions. One sound was louder than the other though, but the softer sounding wheel had a motor sound to it. He turned his head in the direction of the bigger sound, and looked as far as he could, but didn't see a thing.

"Hey," he said to the Erian next to him, "What weapon do you use? Will it be any good against machines?"

wkz

Is he physic or something?

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 07, 2004 9:36 pm

Just before then, Caash had quietly landed right behind the 2 Erians (in "Base Camp").

"Weapons? Against Machines? What's coming?" The Demonic asked.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/7/04 9:36 pm

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Is he physic or something?

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Sat May 08, 2004 2:55 pm

"You guys don't hear it?" he asked, "I hear wheels, lots of them, coming from both directions. Again I ask, do you guys have weapons that would be any good against machines?"

RyuKurai000

Heaping helping of Exposition!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:49 am

Ryu and Caija ran around the corner. "Whew, made it just in time." Ryu exclaimed. The limo pulled around the corner opposite them. "That was fast..." Ryu said to himself. The driver's side door opened. Out came a woman, dressed in what appeared to be a butler's uniform. She had very pale skin, and her hair was a chilling raven tone. She walked over to the passenger's door and opened it with ease. "Ah, thank you." Said the first one out of the vehicle. He was an Erian, but for some reason looked a tad off. He had white hair, and wore a suit of fine clothes. His hair had a single bang that went down the left side of his face. The rest of it was cut short. "Come now, Sigil." He said, turning his head back to the open door. "*sigh* Yes sir." Said the other voice heard before. Out stepped a figure completely covered in robes and cloth. They appeared to be chiefly in red and brown, with some dark green mixed in. On his face, he had a large steel mask with eyeholes. His head was covered with a brown hood.

"Hello, my good mercenaries, as you may have already guessed, I am the one who has hired you." Said the white-haired man with a slight bow. "If Ryu here has not already told you, I am going to ask you to seek out information on the Raigukai, an ancheint and mysterious race. My name is Fiogos. Anyone who is familliar with my series of books on archaeology will probably know who I am, but for those of you who don't read," He turned his gaze on all but Ryu at this point. "Let me tell you a bit why I have chosen to ask you to go find information on this particular race." At this point, the person in the robes shied away a bit and began to stare up at the moon. "A while ago I stumbled on a bit of information that only a few people know about at this point. At one time, there were five kingdoms in Erius. The first was the Erian kingdom, Rentec. Then there was Erif, the Ryuii city, Retaw, the Dseamon city, Htrae, The Solgeken city, and finally, Dniw, the Raigukai city. At one time some huge disaster befell the Raigukai, and they became dust before the eyes of the other races. For some reason, it is extremely difficult to find information regarding what happened after that for one hundred years. Only through tedious research did I find out that this period is known as the One Hundred Year War. As the name suggests this battle lasted one hundred years. Even I am not sure as to what happened then. I will ask you to report back to me when you find out some complete information. You may wonder why I picked mercenaries for this job. It seems like a couple of standard archaeologists would do, doesn't it?" He paused to glance at his employees, as though daring them to say something. "Well, If you think that then you're wrong. For some reason, an organization called the Red Door wants to keep this information from the rest of the world. They have already sent some drones after us. They are almost here. But please don't worry. Sigil!" He said to the cloaked figure. The figure turned his head in the direction of Fiogos. "Can you destroy thirty of them?" "Yes, I can sir." He responded without too much inflection. "I'll ask you to do so." Sigil walked over past Ryu without shifting his weight at all. One didn't hear the tap of a shoe or boot as he walked, but a sort of soft clack like when a dog trots. He raised a red gloved hand and began mumbling. As he did so, a wavy yellow aura surrounded his hand, crackling with electricity. The driver turned her head toward Ryu, noticing his crumpled wing. "You're... Injured?" She said to him as she walked over. "it's nothing, really..." He said, knowing that he could probably just get some medicine for it later. The woman closed her eyes, breathing deeply. "What do you mean, nothing? You've snapped a tendion and you call it nothing? You Ryuii and your pride, I swear..." She said as she closed her eyes again, this time muttering to herself. Ryu was a bit peeved at having just been insulted, but then he noticed a white aura, not fluctuating like Sigil's, appearing around her right hand. She reached up to Ryu's wing and touched it, and the tendion of the wing healed. Ryu was a bit taken aback by this, and he flexed his wing just to make sure she had actually healed it. You could never be sure with magic, that's what he always said. "I see you've discovered Maria's special skill." Said Fiogos. "She is a healer, and Sigil over there is an Elementalist." He said as he gestured over to Sigil. "Now, does anyone have any questions?"

The Great Nevareh

The Question and Answer session.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun May 09, 2004 2:13 pm

"Erm... yes." said the tall Erian woman in the coat and cap. She shifts her weight to a more comfortable position, and then continues to speak.
"A few things. First, pay. No disrespect, but I've noticed that if the monetary aspects of a contract aren't worked out beforehand, serious conflicts of interest can ensue. Considering that you're a big name, a court of law would doubt that you hired mercenaries for any reason whatsoever. Therefore..." She reaches into the folds of her clothing and takes out a cylinder that is normally used to contain documents. Some people might flinch, as though she is going to take out a weapon, but from the cylinder she removes a series of sheets of paper. "I had a lawyer I trust draw these up. Contracts of service. You, having published, are familiar with these? Feel free to look them over, they're standard fare. I had them made in triplicate, one for you, one for us, and one for a court of law's files." She proffers the contracts to the man while she continues to speak. "Second, where exactly are we going? I'm not very familiar with Raigukai dig sites, and this... "Red Door" is a bit new to me. Information will be provided? Third, I'm fairly sure we need some way of contacting you if and when we finish this extremely vague job you're asking us to do. Fourth, no matter how well-trained a mercenary is, I doubt any of us have archaeological skills. Since we don't, we might need an archaeologist to accompany us so that we can conduct your business satisfactorially. And finally, did I miss anything?"

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 5/9/04 2:14 pm

Next

Return to Other RPs