A sorrowful music

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Learner stumbles in

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:36 am

Several hundred kilometers from the Forest, near the monastery of Gen

Stretching his arms above his head and letting out a laugh Defender looked about him the land was quiet with out a man insight the land in harmony about him. This place seemed less likely to need him. And yet he liked it it... Seemed to be what he was striving for a place with out the need of one such as he... One to fight to protect the Workers, Learner, all of them.. But until then he must go and do what he does.

As he continues on he see that an encampment is near by. Unsure as to who it might contain Defender loosened his sword and mace before shaking his head and pulling the Axe from his back and bringing it to his right shoulder. "I know not who they are nor if they are enemy or friend.. But they still may require my... Touch." He says to himself as he heads towards the encampment.

FinsterDieTragik

Re:Learner stumbles in

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:10 am

Anger boiled through Learner.
What do you know old fool,he thought,but managed to keep himself from actually saying it,with an effort.
He smiled pleasantly
(in mind) :Li will reward me when I restore the ancient's machines,and then we will see what will become of you.

He bowed submissively,careful not to spill the load of books he carried,"I apologize Librarian,and to you as well."He sighed repeating the bow to Wanderer.
"I am sometimes..over enthusiastic."He forced his grin to stay on his face.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/16/04 2:31 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Re:Learner stumbles in

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:16 am

'I have noticed that about other inhabitants of the city Li.' Wanderer chuckled. 'Do not worry. Unfortunately, I know not a jot about languages beyond those I learn on my travels, so unless the tongue you seek is still spoken somewhere, I'm afraid I cannot help you.'

sculptor85

Re: Re:Learner stumbles in

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:28 am

At Kan's encampment

As the Sage watched the men, he noticed yet another presence, quickly he cast forth small non-lethal projectiles made of the surrounding water taking the attackers attention away from him. Slightly injuring the attackers gave the Sage a chance to step back to see what this presence may be.

His premonition was correct and from a ways away he could see a man decending the mountain carrying with them an axe.

It's too soon to be using this much energy on such simpletons he thought to himself If I am so lucky as to have this man be a friend it would be of great help.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 2:54 pm

FinsterDieTragik

Forced smiles hurt

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:12 am

Learner nodded,"Well thank you,I suppose I will discover what I seek when Li wills it,no sooner."
Looking at the piles of language and history books in his arm as if remembering them he added,"Well I best resume my work."
He found that he didn't have to force his grin to Wanderer,but when he turned towards the Librarian he felt his face might break from the effort.
"I will be in my home,do call me if you need help with anything."He extended the offer to Librarian and Wanderer,but secretly hoped neither would take him up on it.
He still had a long way to go with his research.
If the old man would let me access the Older documents more frequently I know I could...
Learner realized he had stood in place a bit to long and cleared his throat.
"Right,well I'm off then."he said and made a slow,somewhat dignified(as dignified as possisble when carrying a third of your own weight in books)escape towards the door.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/16/04 4:14 pm

nuklearbobcat

Re: Forced smiles hurt

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:40 pm

IN THE TOWN OF LI...

The Artist reached the top of the spiraling stairs and Opened two large golden doors leading to her quarters. In the uppermost room of the Library, the only one at that level, the residents of Li had constructed a room just for her, and had adorned it with gold, jewelry, silk, and other things that they believed such a girl would like. She plopped down onto her large, red, soft bed, and lay there, her eyes open, looking up at the ceiling.

Down in the lobby, the Librarian scoffed as he watched the learner tredge out of the room. He shook his head. "Children these days..."

"Ah yes, anyway," he looked to the Wanderer. "You may retire upstairs if you wish. It's the room at the very top behind some golden doors. You can't miss it."

IN THE ENCAMPENT OF KAN

The followers of Kan started to circle the Sage, not noticing as the Defender came near. Their circle wasn't quite complete, yet they all raised their swords.

One of them spoke up. "But you do not look like the Scholar of Xun... What business do you have here?" He looked at the Sage warily.

At that moment, they saw the projectiles being shot. Some cowered, and others looked back, and still others mumbled. "He missed... thank Kan!"

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/16/04 2:54 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:46 pm

'Thankyou.' The Wanderer replied. 'But first I would like to replenish my supplies for the next leg of my journey. Could you advise me as to where I should go?'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:51 pm

The Librarian mumbles to himself. "Supplies, supplies... What kind of supplies? Food or something like that?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:54 pm

'Yes.' The Wanderer replied. 'A bit of perishable, but mostly things that wll last.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:56 pm

He strokes his chin. "Well if you walk down the street and take a left, you'll come to a small supply store. There they have food capsules there that should suit your needs."

He studies the man. "That is... unless you're a Traditional and you won't use such technology..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:00 pm

He shrugged.

'I wouldn't call myself traditional, but I do prefer a more natural diet. Perhaps I'll buy some of these capsules, but is there anywhere else better suited to my needs?'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:07 pm

"Well you could travel to the outskirts. I'm sure there's a lot of the kinds of stores you are looking for there. Keep travelling north from the Town Statue and you'll run into a store that carries canned goods. You'll see the older buildings up ahead, and you'll know you're in the right area. There's a big sign, saying 'Travel Supplies'. You can't miss it."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:18 pm

'Thankyou.'

And so, the Wanderer took his leave and went to search out first the capsule store, and then a more "traditional" one.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:48 pm

While the Wanderer was off getting supplies, the Librarian shuffled through his papers, waiting for him to return so that he could close the Library for the night.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:52 pm

Returning slightly past an hour later with a pack full of both capsules and older foods, perishable and non, the Wanderer nodded to the Librarian on his way up to the room where he was to board.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:01 pm

Hearing his unique music, the Artist sensed the Wanderer's approach beyond the doors.

"Come in."

sculptor85

The Kan encampment

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:15 pm

The Sage knew he was limited on energy and could only use simple attacks on these enemies. Taking up a defensive stance with his staff, he quickly called forth a small amount of water from the near by sea and flung it toward his attackers in hopes that it would slow them down. All the while watching the on coming stranger.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 4:16 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Oh holy poop

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:26 pm

Then she probably sensed him retreating again, as he went back downstairs to find the Librarian.

'I'm sorry, there must be some mistake. I cannot share a room with her.'

sculptor85

Attack on the town of Li

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:26 pm

There was sudden screaming heard from outside the town of Li, audible to most of the people in town. The streets bang to bustle as the merchants closed their shops and ran to safety. It appeared as though the east entrance was under attack from some of Kan's followers.

"Where are they?" exclaimed the leader of the group with anger and rage as he tore a man in two with his broad sword. "Where is that Wanderer!? I'l be sure to tear him apart!"

They stormed through town wreaking havoc as they passed toward the lift.

FinsterDieTragik

Obsession

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:35 pm

Learner walked into his house,located not far from the library,and with a relieved sigh set his load of books on to a low table next to the fire place,not there for light or warmth as his house was in the high part of the city that utilized many of the simpler technologies of old,but he felt a strong connection to Li when working near fire.He added some wood to the already burning fire and sank to his knees with his back to it.He looked sadly at the portrait of his parents on the opposite wall of the room.The dancing shadows causing there faces to change expressions slightly.
"I will make you proud.."he was beginning to doubt he would,but he kept telling them anyway.He had discovered a few things from the old tome,and with some guesswork,some of his inheritance,and alot of nagging of the Smith into helping him,he had invented several impressive things.
But they were TOYS! Toys compared to the awesome machines of the ancients.
Nearly crying at his own ineptitude,he prayed for Li's forgiveness."Be patient with your loyal servant my goddes."
He whispered.
Sighing he slid his most recent notes in front of him and opened a few books.

nuklearbobcat

Re: Attack on the town of Li

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:37 pm

IN THE TOWN OF LI--LIBRARY

The Librarian sighed. "How many rooms for sleeping do you think there are in a library?"

He got up from his desk and walked to the main doors of the library. "Well i'm closing. I'll see you later"

Ouside, the sounds of an attack could be heard.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/16/04 4:42 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:42 pm

'Then I'll go into town.' The Wanderer said, walking with the other man. 'Tell me, how does the lift work, sir Librarian? Or are you yourself heading that way?'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:45 pm

The Librarian responds, "The lift? yes it's right over--"

He is interrupted, as sounds of an attack are heard outside as the followers of Kan invaded the city.

The Librarian looked at the Wanderer, worried. "What on earth is going on out there?!"

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/16/04 5:16 pm

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Before long the group of men had reached the strange lift. None of them knew it was a lift and much less how to operate it. Suddenly it began to rise as the leader stepped into the center. All of the men behind him simply jumped off the lift but he remained firm as he could see it was taking him to another level of the town.

The lift had reached the top and the library was now in sight along with the rest of the town in the background rising all the way up to the summit of the volcano.

FinsterDieTragik

Begging for guidance

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:15 pm

Learner was used to blocking out many noises of the city while studying,but screams did not fall among those.
A fight? Learner solemnly turned to the fire,"Shall I join the battle my goddess?"He asked quietly.
He glanced at the chest in the corner that held his guantlet,then bowed to the flame,awaiting an answer...

nuklearbobcat

Re: Begging for guidance

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:20 pm

Amid the sounds of battle, the Artist suddenly felt a strange force moving her. She got up and left the room, walking as if a zombie. Her state of mind was very calm, though she did not know what was going on. She figured that it was a dream of some sort, and that must be good, for dreams were often good inspiration for art. She traveled down the stairs and headed to an exit in the back of the library. There she started up the trail to the peak of the volcano...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:24 pm

'There's only one way to find out.' Replied the Wanderer. 'And that is to go outside.'

And so he did, though of course he recognised the sound of an attack when he heard it and already knew what to expect.

sculptor85

Guidance

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Inside the Learners home

The flames from the fresh log seemed to dance wildly as the Learner finished his sentence. The whole room seemed to flicker with the flames as the small gizmos laying on the near by bed and floor began to fidget as though they were being played with by some ominpresent power. The flames seemed to whisper softly.

"Follow the girl." it slowly spoke fading in and out "Go with her."

The voice suddenly went silent as the flame consumed the fresh log making it ashes instantly.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 6:45 pm

sculptor85

Attack on Li

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:27 pm

The leader had now reached the top and he could see the Wanderer exiting the vast doors of the library. Without a word he flung a stone with his sling toward the Wanderer and began to strafe to the right all the while loading a new stone for his next attack.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 5:51 pm

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Attack on Li

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:58 pm

Defender after coming into the sight of the ring of men surronding an old man shook his head and muttered in disgust. "Has to be Kan worshipers... The sea nearby as it is." Griping his axe firmly Defender started running at the group letting loose a bellow as to draw there attention from the old man and more towards him.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:58 pm

The minute the sling had begun to move the Wanderer had dived to the side, and now he rolled, dagger in hand, a quick survey of the area telling him his attacker had gone the other way, and that he had mere splitseconds before another missile was flung at him. He unsheathed his sword in a rapid motion, with the intent of deflecting the next bullet.

sculptor85

Kan encampment

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:05 pm

Kan encampment

The Sage heard the Defenders war cry and seeing that it had taken his attackers attention made his move flinging his staff point first at one of the men.

Now unequiped he reached over and grabbed a stone quickly shaping it into a ball with spikes to prepare for his next attack.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 6:46 pm

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:09 pm

The first stone ricocheted off the doors as the Leader finished loading the second, at which point he flung it at the Wanderer. As the second stone was released he drop the sling and drew his broad sword from his sheath and began to rush the Wanderer holding the sword broad side forward so as to deflect any projectiles which the Wanderer may use.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 6:13 pm

FinsterDieTragik

Momentary disbelief

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:22 pm

For a moment Learner didn't move,then a sense of purpose unlike any he had felt before flooded him.
"As you command," he ran to the chest and flung it open,grabbed his guantlet and thrust his right hand into it,hearing the clasps clicking into place.
He thumbed a lever with his left hand,popping the raised portion of the guantlet open,veiwing the three bladed projectiles within.He slammed it back down,satisfied.
Grabbing a pouch of replacement blades and hooking it on to his belt he ran for the door,Li hadn't told him to join the battle,but he would kill anyone who tried to stop him from following her command.
He somehow knew which girl she spoke of,the one he had seen in the library,Artist,she used to live there.Apparently she had come back.
Not even thinking to gather his notes(something he had never failed to do before no matter how desperate the circumstances) he charged out the door and ran towards the Library,hoping she was still there.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:22 pm

IN THE ENCAMPMENT OF KAN

The staff of the sage went straight into skull of one of the followers of Kan. He fell to his feet, blood pouring down his bare chest to the ground.

The group split almost in half, 9 heading for the Defender with their swords drawn, and 12 continuing after the sage.

Three of the ones in the front of the Sage jumps at him, swords drawn.

The ones near the Defender were a bit more cautious because of his appearance. They held their swords out at him, attempting to keep him at a distance. One of them leapt at him with a stab aimed at his stomach.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:26 pm

The second bullet ricoched off of the Wanderer's blade, and he straightened, readjusting his grips on both weapons and shifting into a comfortable, combat ready stance.

sculptor85

Re: Momentary disbelief

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:29 pm

Near the library in the town of Li -battle between Kan's followers and Learner-

The leader was still busy with his attack on the wanderer while some of the followers of Kan made their way up the hill in an attempt to help their Leader. Just as two of them reached the ledge on which the upper city rested they saw a young man running out of his home. Instantly they directed their attention to him and began to fling stones in his direction.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 6:42 pm

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:30 pm

IN THE TOWN OF LI

The Artist had already left through the back exit of the library down the main hall in the lobby, leaving the door open. The open door caused the light from the night sky to stream in, illuminating the inside. She started walking toward the peak of the volcano, her steps slow and careful, as if she was being possessed

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:33 pm

In front of the Library in Li -battle between the Leader and Wanderer-

The leader let out a loud cry as he drew back his blade and made a wild attempt at a forward slash releasing his right hand and reaching quickly for the small mace which swung wildly on his belt. His upper body began to spin with the movement of the blade so as to direct both of his attack at the Wanderer

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/16/04 6:41 pm

sculptor85

Kan Encampment

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:40 pm

Kan's encampment

The Sage flung his spike ball which he had made from stone at the on coming men while pacing toward the location of the Defender.

He knew he had to use my energy soon if he wished to make it out alive from this battle and thus began to survey the area for any item which might help him defend himself while he could cast a large scale spell.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs