A sorrowful music

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
nuklearbobcat

A sorrowful music

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:11 pm

OOC
(All right people... this is my first rp, so i hope you're not going to yell at me too much. I'll leave it pretty open ended, and i'll try to incorporate anyone who sticks their character in. Of course, help from some veterans on the setting i have already lain would be greatly appreciated.)

BACKGROUND

In the beginning, the world was beautiful and perfect. Mankind lived in harmony with nature, and the world was a beautiful place to live. The legends say that the world was once whole and complete, without any scar or rupture. Some even say that it was a complete globe.

However, as in all states of perfection, this one would not hold for very long. Mankind began to develop technology, and some wanted to move their race onward into greater and greater things. This group was known as the Radicals.

Of course, there were those who were deeply rooted in the traditions of man. They wished to keep things as they always were, and violently opposed the Radicals. This group was called the Traditionals.

The war between the two groups became so great, and so ingrained in the respective members of the movements through generations that two great Wills began to unite against each other.

Now, as all young children are taught today, the Will of men is a Magickal thing. It can create and destroy, heal and injure, change, and protect.

The two great Wills formed into two great magicks called the Yin, formed by the Traditionals and the Yang, formed by the radicals. Over millenia, these Magicks formed into gods, powerful sentient beings with their own freewil. The legend does not say why this happened.

The godess born of Yin was called Kun. She worked her power to keep mankind focused on the past, and impeded their movement. She ruled the element of earth.

The god born of Yang was called Quian. His power was over heaven. He embodied the spirit of the Radicals, moving them to take their goals further and further, at any cost.

The two groups rallied to their gods and served under them. However, the two gods ended up uniting their powers to subdue mankind.

The gods soon gave birth to children. The first two were Zhen and Xun.

Zhen, the god of Thunder, was wild and chaotic. He kept mankind in a warlike spirit. Many of those from the Radicals and Traditionals soon rallied to him, forming an army that brought bloodshed upon all. He established an empire, with the goal of subduing all of the world under his might.

Xun, the goddess of Wind, worked much like her mother did. She worked to keep mankind steeped into tradition, and formed a settlement with a few followers that built large gothic-style towers that reached high into the sky.

Because of the chaos brought about by Zhen, a great war ensued that tore the entire world asunder, and many would have died, had it not been for the gods, who carried away some of the selected mortals and animals, and sealed their souls for a time.

Quian and Kun reformed the world with a piece leftover from the war. It was in the shape of a bowl, coming about halfway to the equator. They tended the ground inside the bowl, and created it all anew, and left the barren, war scarred outside alone.

As there was no more sun, they realized that something must be done for that, or else men would not survive. Therefore, they took a chunk of the core and formed it into a two-sided structure. On one side they fashioned a glowing city that would give off light to all of those who dwelt in the bowl. They called it Heaven. Then on the underside was a dark mountain which allowed little light from the other side. This was called hell. This is where the gods took up their dwelling in order to keep their eye on mankind. When Heaven faced the Bowl, it was called Day, and when Hell faced the Bowl, it was called night.

Zhen and Xun reformed their settlements promptly. Xun rebuilt her towers, yet this time she built them in the center of the Bowl, with the towers almost reaching Heaven and Hell.

They then took the mortals that they sealed and put them upon the earth again, reviving them from their slumber. The world had begun anew, and the old rivalry between the Traditionals and the Radicals started anew, though mankind was not as violent as they had been before, save for the followers of Zhen, the thunder god.

Soon after, Quian and Kun gave birth to two more children, Li and Kan.

Li was the goddess of Fire. Her ideal was intellectualism. She kept a portion of mankind trapped in a society of dry intellectuals and scientists, with little goals other than learning. She hoped to some day devise a plan to destroy the other gods. She formed a city of learning on the side of an active volcano, on the side which the lava did not flow. The city had Romanesque architecture, with marble-white buildings and streets.

Kan was the god of the Sea. He had a very extravagant personality, and was very emotional. He gathered a portion of mankind to himself and formed a sort of cult, with great goals, and little action. He, like Zhen, formed something of an army, though not much could be said of their discipline. Their base was nothing more than a few large rudimentary tents along the seashore.

Finally, the god of Heaven and the Goddess of Earth gave birth to two last children: Dui and Gen.

Gen was the god of Mountain. He was different from the other gods. He was very hard hearted, and did not wish to do anything like the other gods did. However, his Magick did gather disciples to him, and he formed a monastery in a large mountain, where the residents lived in solitude and silence.

Dui was the goddess of Lake. She, for some reason was born blind, though her other godlike senses more than made up for that. She, alone was born as a child, and remained so for thousands of years. She had one final work to do to complete the subduing of the world which her parents began. Now of all things in the world, only one thing could change the preexisting order, and that was the Child. Her goal was to eliminate childhood, and all of it's power. She took her residence in a monastery near a lake in a dark forest. Children from all of the other gods' establishments were sent there in order to be turned into adults promptly.

It is in such a setting in which our story begins.

IC

The Artist stretches out and yawns as the sunlight hits her eye. She looks about her and sees all of the finery in her room. Just about everything she sees is gold, and diamonds, and fluffy pillows and such. She greatly dispises them. She would rather have things that "speak" to her. These things were dead.

She was a peculiar person in this world: an Artist. The only one, actually. She excelled in all of the Arts that existed. She painted, sculpted, danced, wrote, sang and even fought, among other thigns. Martial Arts appeared to be the only art that others practiced, though few with such finesse as she, for she wielded all weapons masterfully, though she did not receive any training. She resided in the city of Li, the fire goddess, where the intellectuals there all felt very important as they looked upon her art. She did not like these people. She sensed a very bad Music coming from their spirits.

All of her life she heard a beautiful Music coming from high in the sky. She yearned earnlestly to get closer to it, in order to hear it better, though she felt afraid, and unsure as to how she would go there.

One day, she gathered up the courage to leave the city. All of the literary and artistic scholars cried upon her departure. She really did not care, for their Music disgusted her.

She travelled down the volcano, and walked down a dusty path through a short stretch of plains toward a nearby forest, which seemed somewhat interesting to her...

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/12/04 8:43 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: A sorrowful music

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:57 am

Wanderer cursed as yet another bombardment of twigs and pebbles fell down upon his blonde head from the foliage of the trees above. He had hoped to sleep in the shelter of the forest, but the creatures there had taken offense at his presumption. Fluffy tailed rodents sat on the branches above, pelting him with ammunition that they gathered from the ground several trees distant, where he could not hope to reach them in time. Several times he had switched location, only for them to find another source.

It was time, he reflected, to gather the tattered remains of his pride and move on.

'Okay, enough!' He cried, raising his arms in a gesture of defeat and backing away. To his relief, the animals didn't follow, though they continued to chitter angrily at him.

'So, I cannot sleep here. No matter, I am Wanderer. Away, away, always on and on.' He muttered to himself, scratching absently at the beard he had developed on his latest journey, turning now and striding forth from the beasts' lair. 'Noone can travel as far as me, nor as long, and noone can appreciate the meandering path as I. I shall simply move on and find a friendlier spot.'

And so saying, he increased his pace, headed for the edge of the forest.

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 4/15/04 11:37 am

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:03 pm

As she walked though the path, she was struck in awe of the beauty around her. Never before had she seen this strange green substance that carpeted all of the land. It felt so soft...

She rolled about the grass, giggling like a child and spilling her art supplies from her pack all over, until she saw a man coming out of the forest.

She stopped, her eyes opened wide. There was a unique music coming from this man. It was not like the music of those in the town of Li, empty and hollow. His music was very sad, yet moving. She stood up, her gaze fixed upon him. She brushed her snowy white hair away from her face.

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:55 pm

Several hundred kilometers from the Forest, near the monastery of Gen

The sun was high over the Gen mountains as the Sage slowly came forth clothed in only his amber-red cloak and carrying only a staff made from the wood which grew in the resting place of Gen. His steps were firm yet slow paced like those which a wise man takes. He began his journey walking away from two large doors that seemed too heavy to have been opened by the Sage alone. The doors which were engraved with the elequent symbols which extended to be several feet in width and height. Each symbol represented a separate element and thus their gods. Every one of them lay in order around the center Symbol which was that of the element of Earth. The eight elemental symbols protected the door and the occupants which where inside from most evil magic but fell short to most physical attack which is why the walls were made to be six feet thick with the height of fifty feet.

As the great doors closed in the back the Sage slowly removed his hood and looked toward the bright temple of Quian which shown brightly from the heavens.

"I'll be there soon," he said in a small calm manner. "I can't fail as long as you watch over me." His words were carried by a slight breeze which came from the closing of the now sealed vast doors.

The man stood about 5' 8'' from the ground and carried himself quite well for someone who was nearly 900 yrs old. It appeared as though his skin had long since ceased creating keratin which made his entire body slick with no hair anywhere other than his stubby eyelashes; which seemed to add a great deal of character to his now small weathered eyes. The small lips and protruding chin made his appearance slightly odd but none the less all the more mystifying.

At first glance there was only one item which stood out about this elderly man, and that was the small satchel which rested at his right hip, held together with what seemed to be a long piece of leather which wrapped around his waist holding the cloak to his slim hips. The content of the satchel was unknown even to the Sage as he began to pace his way down the mountain side toward the SouthWest to the land of the Sea god Kan where he was told he would be able to find one of the many scrolls which would help him understand and combine all the elements to create the one element which would bring balance to this torn world.

The path was long and he continued to travel slowly down the steep mountain side over looking the vast sea and what seemed like an encampment. As he continued the 'time of light' was soon taken over by the 'time of silence' which is when he settled down to rest near a tree which grew in all solitude upon the vast mountain side.

"It's strange how you can rest so at ease here in solitude." the Sage began in a somewhat sorrowful tone. "Alas, if only man could come to understand that all which he stands upon is truly beautiful and that we are never alone." as he spoke these words there came a slight noise from a few feet away on his right side toward the cliff side.

"Who goes there!?" the Sage spoke in a more suprised tone as he rose to his feet and drew up his staff for the ground.

"Who? the question at times like these may be more appropriate placed in a form of, What? or Whom? am i not correct? Man in cloak." the voice was quick and somewhat disturbing with a variation in pitch which made listening bothersome. Although the Sage could not see he knew this was one of the Kan's servants who may have been lost or simply searching the lands in order to cause harm to others.

"Who, what or whom you are, I am sure I shall be the one to walk away from here whether it be in peace or after defeating you." the Sage spoke as he drew himself to the left and continued to walk down the path.

"So quick to run aye?" the clumsy voice now came forth in a visible form as a man dressed in dark blue pantaloons which left his wore sandals visible, though he wore no top the markings of clan which he took part in covered him completely making it seem as though he wore a top. Carrying a dagger he now came running at the Sage from behind the rock where he was hiding.

With a quick step to the right and a half spin to the left the Sage was able to swing his staff at the strange man's face. But his movement was slightly sluggish and the stranger stepped aside and spun quickly before swing around with his right arm to stab the Sage. Within the split second before the blade hit his body and his movement the Sage summoned the speed of the winds and the power of the stones to aid him in strikind down this man. Suddenly the blade came in contact with his cloak and tore thru to the Sage's chest where he knife simply stayed and did not more any further.

"Umgh!" the stranger groaned as he felt his arm nearly break as it hit a stone. Slightly stunned he arose and held his right palm with his free left hand and looked around for the Sage. there seemed to be nothing but stones and two lone trees resting on the mountain side.

"Damn it!" he exclaimed as he began down the path of the mountain.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sculptor85>sculptor85</A] at: 4/14/04 4:49 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:47 am

Wanderer stretched and sighed as he left the forest's edge, then turning his head to take in the view became aware that he was not alone.

Out of habit, his hand strayed to the hilt of the blade carried at his waist, shifting aside his dark green cloak to bring the weapon into view. Though the woman hardly looked dangerous, that was no reason to trust that such were true.

'Who is it that observes me?' He asked, voice sure and confident, lacking any ill emotion, though with a hint of reservation.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:58 pm

She remained staring at the man for awhile, moving from side, being moved by the man's music.

Eventually she snapped out of it with a shake of her head. "I am just a lowly Artist, from the Town of Fire. I was just on my way to find a way to the Song from Heaven." Her gaze shifted upward, fixed on the clouds for awhile.

She visibly snapped out of it again, and looked at the Wanderer as if she was seeing him for the first time. "Oh, and who are you? Your song is different from most others i have met."

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/15/04 12:59 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:05 pm

'I am the Wanderer.' He replied, shifting to a more relaxed stance. . 'I go where I will, when I will, and make my own way. I know not of my song, but I should hope that it is deeper, and has more meaning. Is this so?'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:13 pm

She studied his face for awhile and then smiled. Ignoring his question, she asked in a rather bright tone, "So...where are you wandering off to, Wanderer?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:17 pm

'Is it not the nature of the Wanderer to have no true set path?' He responded. 'Currently I merely wish to find a place to sleep for the night. The forest is unfriendly for the likes of me.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:19 pm

She frowned a bit. "Well... there is the village of Li where i am from, though I don't like it very much there. Everyone there is so dull... I can lead you there if you want."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:30 pm

'Perhaps this is well. Dull people at least make unlikely enemies. I should enjoy a bed for the night and a restocking of my supplies.'

Wanderer let go of his sword now, as he perceived no threat at all.

'However,' he continued, 'if you do not want to go there, I will not ask you to lead me.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:35 pm

"OKAY GREAT I'LL LEAD YOU WAITAMMITUTEGOADANDPICKUPMYSTUFF," and with that she dropped her bag and started walking off toward the volcano slowly, giving the Wanderer time to pick up her scattered art supplies.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:40 pm

'O....kay.'

Wondering to himself what kind of nutcase he'd got involved with, the Wanderer resigned himself to gathering the Artist's things together, then jogged to catch up with her.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:50 pm

As the artist continued onward, from the east, five men dressed only in blue pants and dirty sandals walked towards the Artist. There were dirty, rusty looking sabers to their sides. Carved in each of their chests was the symbol of the sea god, Kan. They seemed a bit...fruity, with earrings and touches of makeup on them. They seemed to be attempting stealth, though they did not appear to see the Wanderer.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:13 pm

The Wanderer paused in his stride upon first spotting the men and crouched low in the grass.

From the looks of their abominable attempts at stealth, he thought, they didn't know enough about it to be able to detect someone who knew how...

Putting the Artist's things down, he used every stealthy means at his disposal to close the distance between himself and the men. The Wanderer had been many places, met many people, and learnt many skills. Now they were to be put to the test once more.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:16 pm

All but one was already completely facing away from him. The other had squinted as he looked in the Wanderer's direction. He immediately started pointing towards him, yet no words came out of his mouth. He was quickly nudged by one of the others, and he turned around, tiptoeing toward the Artist, as if he had seen nothing.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/15/04 2:21 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:23 pm

The Wanderer grimaced, and reached under his cloak for a dagger, which he let fly at the mouthing man before standing tall for them all to see.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:32 pm

The dagger plunged into the man's head, and he slumped to the ground immediately, giving a large gasp.

They turned their heads at the sound and looked down. Hesitating for a brief moment before raising their hands. "STOP!" one of them said. "We mean you no harm!"

The artist turned and looked at them with a blank expression on her face.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/15/04 2:34 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:41 pm

Damn! I must be getting rusty, I was only aiming to wound... The Wanderer cursed inwardly, but kept a calm and emotionless exterior.

'I am disinclined to trust to your word.' He said aloud. 'Followers of the Sea God are known to me only to bring violence, and you seemed to be trying to sneak up on this lady.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:53 pm

"Violence? How could you..." They looked around shiftily. "No, you misunderstood. We merely came here in search of the Artist. You see, we heard that she had left the town of Li. Of course, we knew that those cursed intellectuals had never appreciated her to begin with. We were merely going to extend an invitation to our camp by the Sea. Her art would be appreciated much more by Kan."

The artist peered over at them. "I left not long ago. How did you know?"

"The eyes of the gods are everywhere, you know. Don't think that anything happens without their knowledge. They are always watching."

She studied them critically, and said, "I don't think i want to go with you people. Your songs are inept, and clumsy." She tilts her head to the side. "Such a simple rhythm with loudly accentuated, and off-tempo melody." She shakes her head. "I can only imagine what your god is like."

The man's expression became serious. "Listen, both of you. A war is coming between the gods, and make no mistake about it, you will be considered to be on one side or the other. Li has murderous plans. Now if you will not join us, then it is the same as being allied with her; and that, my friends, is unforgivable." He and his men slowly started to draw their sabres.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/15/04 2:59 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:04 pm

The Wanderer drew his sword then, and reached under his cloak for another dagger.

'I am the Wanderer. I am allied to no force but my feet, for it is they who guide my path, not any of the Gods. If that is to be a crime, then I will fight and die for my right to commit it.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:13 pm

The Artist giggled, looking at the servants of Kan. "Your swords are a little upset at you... Are you sure you want to fight this Wanderer? He and his sword are truly companions. Their music is harmonic."

They looked at her for a bit, then asked. "Well, are you going to join forces with the Sea god?"

"No."

They scowled. "We were given orders to kill you if you did not comply."

She immediately ran a short ways to a large boulder, and sat down in front of it, indian style, and started tracing the cracks with her finger.

The men looked at her. "Well?!" The main speaker said indignantly.

"Well what?" she said, her eyes not leaving the boulder.

"You heard us. Join the Sea god or we will kill you."

"That's nice."

"We're serious!" They looked like they were starting to become very angry.

"Mmmhmmm..."

"Stop meddling with that stone! Come with us!"

She finally looked up. "What does the Sea god want with me anyway?"

They remained silent for a moment, before the leader said, "Well... we're not entirely sure..."

"Oh, well in that case... Wanderer! Hand me my chisel."

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nuklearbobcat>nuklearbobcat</A] at: 4/15/04 3:15 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:24 pm

He stepped back to the bag and crouched, quickly finding the chisel. He tossed it high over the grass towards the Artist, then readied himself again for the followers of Kan to make a move.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:28 pm

She artfully caught it and started carefully chipping away at the boulder, ignoring everyone.

This inflamed the men, and the leader shouted, "Enough of this foolishness! Kill her!"

With that, the men rushed at her, sabres in hand.

The Artist remained calm, smiling as she worked dilligently on her next creation.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:37 pm

The Wanderer let fly another dagger - and this time he was aiming for a head - before taking off at a run, his long legs closing the distance between himself and the men.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:46 pm

As the men were facing an entirely different direction, the dagger wasn't dodged, and plunged into the skull of one of the men in the back. The others did not seem to notice, as they continued to rush the Artist.

As they did, the Artist slowly stood up. She looked at the boulder, scratching their head. One of the men reached her and swung his sabre at her from the side. Still looking down, she swung her chisel at the blade, raking outward, pushing the man's sword away, then swinging the chisel back across, slicing throgh the man's chest a bit, causing him to fall down, dropping his sword and clutching his chest.

The other two were not far behind.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:04 pm

Almost catching up with the men, the Wanderer was still too far to make an attack with his blade, and so instead he dived upon one, ready to finish him once or even before he hit the ground.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:23 pm

The one the Wanderer tackled fell with a thud on his face, his sword falling out of his grasp as his hand hit the ground.

The other continued to run at the Artist, apparently not noticing that he had lost a couple behind him.

In the meantime, the Artist continued to look at the boulder critically, then tossed the chisel sideways, plunging it into the neck of the soldier as he came within a few feet of her. The momentum of the man carried him forward until he fell, tumbling at her feet. She looked down at the man as he gasped for air.

"You know what? That little chisel is too small for now. This rock's going to need a bigger tool..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:55 pm

The Wanderer made haste to finish the man cleanly and quickly.

What is this? He wondered. And what is wrong with this woman...?

Silently, he stood and walked off to retrieve his daggers.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:08 pm

The Artist violently yanked the chisel out of the man's neck and walked over to where the Wanderer had left her pack. Placing the chisel inside the pack, she said, "I don't feel like sculpting right now. I'll finish that one later."

With that, she hoists the bag on her back and looks to the Wanderer as he gathers his daggers. "The town of Li is this way. South. I'm ready whenever you are," she says in a tone that seems a bit too cheery for a young girl who just killed two men.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:17 pm

She's crazy, he thought to himself, ... but it'll be easier to ditch her in the village, I'm sure.

And so resigning himself to travelling with the Artist at least that far, he began walking south without a word.

sculptor85

Unread postby sculptor85 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:18 pm

Several hundred kilometers from the Forest, near the monastery of Gen

Some time had passed since the slight quarrel with the stranger and the Sage now lay resting next to the tree meditating.

Before long he arose from his meditation, reached for his staff, and continued down his original path. It's been far too long since my last battle he thought to himself I'm beginning to lose my touch, he should have been down with the first blow.

He soon left these thoughts and continued on his way toward the Encampment which he could see was large than anticipated.

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:24 pm

She led the Wanderer down the path again and all the way around the base of the volcano until they reached a small landing with some white marble posts and a circular marble landing that was placed over the ground in front of the volcano. Up ahead could be seen a white city close to the top of the volcano, and before that was a bunch of dirty, cracking, older buildings.

"Stand here." She stood on the marble landing and looked at the Wanderer expectedly.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:37 pm

He stood on the marble landing, on the opposite side to the Artist, wondering if it was a magic lift of some sort. With this in mind, he braced himself for a sudden lurch of movement if it rose.

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit at: 4/15/04 6:53 pm

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:52 pm

The circular landing just happened to be a lift, yet it ascended smoothly into the air, seemingly suspended by nothing. One could not tell if this device was driven by Magick or by Technology.

Below they could see the outskirts of the city below, characterized by poverty, and gloominess when compared with the main city above.

Little by little the lift began to slow down. As it did, it approached a large, towering building with gleaming walls and enormous doors at the top of some stairs.

She took the Wanderer by the hand and led him up the stairs.
"This is where i have lived for most of my life." She tugged on one of the massive doors and, surprisingly, it swung open, and with apparent ease on her part.

As they stepped in, they found themselves in a large lobby with stairs leading upward in a spiral, and a hall leading toward the back of the building. In front of them was a Desk, and a man with white hair and a bronzened complexion was sitting behind it, looking very busy.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:55 pm

'It is an interesting place.' He admitted, turning his gaze to take in all around him. 'But I would not wish to stay here for too long. It is sterile compared to nature, and does not feel lived in enough to be a proper home.'

nuklearbobcat

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:04 pm

She looked at him for a couple of seconds, blinking.

She then walked toward the man and said "Librarian! We need a place to stay for the night."

The Librarian looked up, and appeared shocked. "Artist! You have come back to us!" He stood up, a smile on his face.

"Ummm..yeah. Hey so about the room? Can i have my old one back?"

"Why yes, of course, anything for the artist."

She smiled charmingly. "Good."

She started walking up the stairs, yawning. "Well i'm going to sleep, good night." With that, she started walking up the spiral steps.

The Librarian's gaze was now fixed on him.

FinsterDieTragik

Learner stumbles in

Unread postby FinsterDieTragik » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:24 am

A side door swung open and a thin young man with a mess of tangled black hair stepped through carefully carrying a stack of books in each arm.
"Librarian,do we have any more on the ancient's language?"
He asked irritated,"I'm barely making any progress translating the tome,and it may be inaccurate."
He noticed Wanderer,"Who are you? I haven't seen you here before.You wouldn't know anything about the old languages would you? Has Li answered my prayers?"He asked frantically, hope gleaming in his bloodshot eyes.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=finsterdietragik@rpgww60462>FinsterDieTragik</A] at: 4/16/04 12:30 am

nuklearbobcat

Re: Learner stumbles in

Unread postby nuklearbobcat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:40 am

The white-haired librarian had a grave look on his face. "Do not bother our guests, Learner."

He then looked Learner in the eye, and said " Whether Li has answered your prayers is not for us to know. If you are that urgent about finding out, why don't you visit her by jumping in the volcano?" He had a miscievous grin on his face.

sculptor85

Re: Learner stumbles in

Unread postby sculptor85 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:32 am

A few kilometers from Kan's encampment

"Oh my feet, they have aged as I have." groaned the Sage slightly as he rested oh near by boulder. He slowly looked up toward the omnipresent light and began to speak saying, "Forgive me if I am using this power which you have endowed me with, but a man of my age grows tired quickly." his words were slowly spoken in segments between breathes.

He arose and took up his staff, then slowly closed his eyes and drew up the staff before him grasping it tightly with both hands. Suddenly the wind began to blow harder and he began to rise into the air slowly and thus he descended to the encampment below within a few minutes.

Upon arrival he was greeted by three men with swords already drawn.

"Hey look! It's one of Xun's!." Said the strangest of the bunch, wearing the common dark blue ragged pantaloons but this time with a blade passed thru his earlobes in what seemed a crude rituallistic fashion.

"I advice you to stay where you are boy!" exclaimed the Sage from still a few meters away.

"Well i advice you to get a better hair dress you bald old man!" retorted the second man present sounding a little effeminate as he spoke.

The Sage paused and look in their direction wondering what their movements, if any, may be.

Next

Return to Other RPs