Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
RyuKurai000

Heh, I knew I forgot that one, bumpkin chars rock.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:50 pm

Raziel clutched his head as he remembered he'd forgotten to tie up the boat. "Oh no no no no no, this isn't happening!" Raziel, carefully remembering his training, immediately calmed himself down with a breath out. Alright, unless someone stole the thing, it's drifted out to sea. So the only thing I can do to get it back is take another ship out to sea. Wait! How will I find it though? I don't have a telescope, so there's no way to know where it is! Wait, crow's nests are high in the air, and that allows them to see things that normal people would find hard to see. Birds are high up in the air so..... Leone! Of course! Raziel ran back into the restaurant at top speed. He stopped next to Leone. "Ah, hey, Leone, do you mind if we have us a discussion in private?"

SALSAlys

Re: Heh, I knew I forgot that one, bumpkin chars rock.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:07 pm

Taki blinked as their new captain ran and then returned. She was starting to finish her curry, pushing the plate away from her tidily.

"Raziel? Are you all right?"

Nick Shogun

BUMKPINERO...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:28 pm

Leone stared lazily at the ecstatic "captain."

"Okay, okay..." he muttered. Standing up took a lot of effort, especially since he was at the peak of laziness, but he managed to move over to a nearby wall and lean against it.

"What do you want?"

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: BUMKPINERO...

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:40 pm

Hal shook his head as he stood grabbed his hammer and left the room with a smile on his face. "Yeah nice meal." Surprised to see Razeil back so soon Hal shook his head. "Hope your not like that on the ship.." He says shaking his head while he walked past and on toward the dock. "They can catch up... Its not like we can leave with out that man anyways." Hal thought to himself as he strolled downward towards the dock.

RyuKurai000

A secretive matter

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:54 pm

Raziel pulled Leone over to the side, "You see, Leone, since I usually go out on my own, I tend to do things a- Peculiar sort of way. You see, I swam here from a bit of a ways offshore, and, well, I forgot where I put my ship! So, do you think you could fly up above the clouds and possibly get it back here for me?" Raziel could easily see Leone losing respect for him as he continued to speak. "But please don't tell any of the other crew members. I wouldn't want them to think their captain is irresponsible, now do I? I'm going to do my best to stall them, so while I do that, you'd best get the ship. Let me remind you how easily replaceable you are. That woman over there has probably seen exactly how a ship's repairs are done, and that's all I expect I'm going to need, unless you prove those wings on your back aren't just to look snazzy. Besides, onboard that ship is an interresting book- A guide to the inner workings of quite a few complex machines. If you do this for me, it and all my other books about machines are yours. I think you might find them as enjoyable a read as I did." Raziel gave Leone a pat on the shoulder, then ran off to intercept Hal and co. "Hey, Hal! Did you forget about our sparring match, or are you just afraid of me?" Alright, Crane's Disarming Beak technique should be good against the hammer, and for unarmed combat I'll use.....

JoshuaDurron

Re: A secretive matter

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:53 pm

While the 'captain' and Leone were whispering to one another, Barnac engaged Hal in conversation. "Um... sorry about bumping into you earlier. I've been meaning to ask, though... is this your first time in Rougetown? Because I'm looking for some advice..."

Nick Shogun

Oooh... how secret... *sigh*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:18 am

Leone sighed. This guy was a joke.

"Yeah... get the ship, 'captain?' I'll see what I can do."

Leone turned and trotted over to Mr. Nine. "He lost his dinghy," Leone whispered, though he didn't care if he whispered or not, "and I suppose I'm going to find it."

As Leone walked out the door, he shouted, "Thanks for offering to pay for everyone's lunch, Raziel!"

And, like a flash, he was out of the restaurant.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

A shadow of doubt plays across the face of Mr Nine

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:10 am

Nine frowned deeply as Leone told him what had happened and as the winged man left the building he rose quickly and walked up to Raziel, a vein bulging on his forehead. He put a hand on the man's shoulder and said slowly into his ear:

"<span style="color:maroon;">Mr Raziel... I do hope, for your sake, that you find that boat, or else we might just consider this whole thing moot... And that,</span>" he hisses, speaking between his teeth, "<span style="color:maroon;">And that would make me very...</span>" his grip around Raziels shoulder tightened, "<span style="color:maroon;">very disappointed.</span>" The last words were barely audible.

"<span style="color:maroon;">You're paying, mr Raziel? That's wonderful!</span>" With a pat on the back Nine quickly left the building, yelling "<span style="color:maroon;">I'll see you all down at the docks then, I presume?</span>" before disappearing.

RyuKurai000

Thanks for the parting gift!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:47 am

Raziel grinned as he held up a closed fist. "Heheh, yeah, I'm paying Mr. Nine, but with your cash." Mr. Nine had been so concentrated on attempting to intimidate Raziel that he hadn't noticed a gloved hand reach inside his pocket. He Quickly filed out the ammount of berries needed, then dashed up behind Mr. Nine and tapped him on the shoulder. "You, uh, dropped this." He said as he put the signifigantly lighter wallet in Mr. Nine's hand. Pretty stupid of Leone, telling me to pay when I've got no cash. And after I told him to pay! Hmpf. I'll make sure he's the first to eat boots when we run out of food. "Hey, Hal! I ask you again! Did you forget about our sparring match or are you just scared?" Raziel jumped in front of the advancing crew and cracked his neck.

OOC I was actually out of the building already, if you read my last post.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 4/17/04 11:48 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Patience was tried, patience is lost.

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:29 pm

Mr Nine weighted his wallet slowly, considering the amount of food the group had eaten, it had become almost empty.

"<span style="color:maroon;">A sparring match, huh?</span>" Nine said, one eyebrow twitching slightly.

With but a slight of warning Nine swooped aside one side of his thick coat and in the blink of an eye a kama* was hooked around the neck of Raziel, Mr Nine smiling bitterly as he put his other hand in one of his pockets, picking up a packet of cigarettes, putting one in his mouth.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Listen, punk. You are beginning to seriously piss me off,"</span>" He spoke between his teeth, keeping the kama so close to Raziels throat that moving, just an inch, would result in a cut from the curved blade, "<span style="color:maroon;">I'm going to forgive this insult, because I am a kind man,</span>" He pursed his lips, biting hard on the cigarette, "<span style="color:maroon;">But I'd watch out if I were you, captain. A mistreated crew is a unhappy crew, and unhappy crews get ideas...</span>" With that he put the kama back inside his pocked and took up a matchbook, lighting the cigarette, "<span style="color:maroon;">Hope for your sake you're winged 'friend' manage to find that boat of yours.</span>"

((OOC - *A kama is a japanese Rice-cutting scythe, for those people who don't know. The handle is pretty short, only about two feet, and the blade's about 1-1.5 feet long, I guess. ))

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/17/04 7:01 pm

Nick Shogun

Aha!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:19 pm

OOC: Sorry that I didn't notice that you'd already left, Raziel. But at least I've caused a lot of trouble.

IC:

Leone dashed down to the docks and looked around. There were an uncountable amount of boats, big, small, fat, skinny, even bloated. Leone sighed. So Raziel hadn't tethered his boat? So it was floating out to sea?

He yanked a telescope from the hands of a nearby sailor. "Hey! That's mine!"

"Just give me a minute," commanded Leone, peering through the spyglass. He swept across the water, and finally spotted a dot out in the middle of nowhere, floating furthur and furthur away.

"Yeesh," the sky man muttered to himself. He handed the spyglass back to the sailor and stretched his wings. "I haven't flown in a while, so I hope this works."

Sky people had wings, this was true, but they were small, and only useful for short sprints of airborne behavior. Leone was a bit... out of practice. With a running leap, he took off from the pier and headed toward the dot, which he presumed was Raziel's boat.

RyuKurai000

Raziel gets serious.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:50 pm

Raziel was especially startled that Mr. Nine had had a weapon. Even more startled that he wanted to spar. At least that's the way raziel took it. "You wanna have some fun, eh?" Raziel said as he slipped his hands into his coat's pockets. When they came out, they had black leather gloves on them, with holes for the knuckles. Raziel Elbowed Mr. Nine in the solar plexus, which knocked the wind out of him long enough for Raziel to twist the Kama out of his hand and dash a short distance.

"I can understand your displeasure with me, especially since I took some of your money. But that was one of my requirements for you sailing with me, paying that bill. I haven't got any money, so I'm very sorry. But that doesn't give you the right to attack me." Raziel threw the Kama into the stone floor. The blade embedded itself securely in the stone path. Raziel comtemplated breaking it for a moment, but then, with a slight grin on his face, whispered just loud enough for Mr. Nine to hear; "I was going to spar with Hal, but he's not quite as cocky as you. And I enjoy showing cocky fools that just because they think they're bad, and act like it, doesn't make them tough. C'mon, weakling!" Raziel said the last line loudest of all.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Mr Nine isn't just some goofball you know...

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:10 pm

Nine took a deep suck at his cigarette, blowing the smoke from his nose, "<span style="color:maroon;">I'm half my mind to remove you from my list of employees, you little shit, but I'm going to give you the chance to prove yourself, or rather, prove the skills of Moore, if you have any.</span>" The last words were nearly spit out as the man pulled out another kame from the other side of his coat, "<span style="color:maroon;">If you survive this, I'll ignore your immature attitude and take you with me...</span>" he dropped the cigarette and grinded it with his left shoe, "<span style="color:maroon;">But don't think you'll...</span>"

"<span style="color:teal;">Mr Nine! What do you think you're doing!?</span>" The voice belonged to a woman who rapidly approached the pair, "<span style="color:teal;">I've been waiting down at the harbor for over three hours, where have you been?</span>" The woman was wearing a tailored blazer, black in color, with a pair of silver zippers wrapping up from the front hem, over the shoulders and down the back and opened halfway at the front, metallic buttons opened down to under her chest. Under the blazer she was wearing a teal tanktop and her long smoking pants, they too black in color, were paired with a set of high-heels. Her hair, it too teal in color, was long and straight, combed over on one side of her head and kept there with a decorate flower clipper. Her face, which most likely was near-to perfect, was at the moment twisted in a mask of rage as she stomped down the street, quite impressive due to her choice of footwear.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Ahh... uhh... Miss Thursday, I didn't, I mean... I...</span>" Nine looked flabbergasted, then confused, then panicking, "<span style="color:maroon;">Miss Thursday, I can explain, I...</span>" he tried, quickly putting his kama back inside her coat, "<span style="color:maroon;">there was this, uhh, misunderstanding and...</span>"

He was interrupted as the woman called Miss Thursday walked up to Raziel, eyeing him with a critical look "<span style="color:teal;">Not good enough.</span>" She continued by heading over to Hal and the others, "<span style="color:teal;">Too big,</span>" she scoffed at Hal, "<span style="color:teal;">Too weak,</span>" she loomed over Barnac, "<span style="color:teal;">Too...</span>" she looked at Taki, "<span style="color:teal;">too... old</span>" she turned to Grandma and then back to Nine again. "<span style="color:teal;">Mr Nine, is this really the best you could find?</span>" She tapped a foot impatiently and frowned at Nine.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Miss Thursday, please, if you would just let me explain...</span>" Nine waved his hands in front of him, backing as Miss Thursday walked towards him.

"<span style="color:teal;">This is just perfect, you promise me to bring back a crew skilled enough to sail the Grand Line, leave me to wait for you in this heat for over 5 hours and then bring back these rag-tag mongrels?</span>" She did a theatrical jest and looked on the verge of crying, "<span style="color:teal;">Alas, for me to be partnered up with a fool like yourself, fate is indeed cruel.</span>"

"<span style="color:maroon;">Miss Thursday, please!</span>" Nine was beginning to calm down, looking very upset, "<span style="color:maroon;">I would've found some better if you'd just given me more time. I left you waiting for...</span>"

"<span style="color:teal;">10 hours! You cruel, cruel man! What would I have done if some big, strong thug would have tried to rob poor little me?</span>" She smacked Nine, sending him almost flying into the wall, "<span style="color:teal;">Listen to me when I talk damnit!</span>"

For some reason, it seemed that the serious mood that had been was now lost in confusion... this would definantly turn out to be some adventure all right.

---

Meanwhile, Leone was slowly losing altitude as he flew towards the ship. Flapping his wings wouldn't do him any good, more likely just drop him in the water earlier.

He kept flying for a short while, but soon he felt the cold water grip him and drag him down, enveloping him in its chill.

The boat was close-by, though, and with a few strokes he'd manage to get onboard.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Mr Nine isn't just some goofball you know...

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:20 pm

Too old...

There is no such thing as too old....

Anyone who could detect feelings would fear. Because this was going to be a time of reckoning. The one woman took two steps forward, with two ominous clanks of the cane, and looked slowly at Miss Thursday and Mr. Nine.

"There is no such thing as too old."

She changed her grip on the cane, and shot a death glare at Miss Thursday.

"And, I am ready to prove it."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Mr Nine isn't just some goofball you know...

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:15 pm

Miss Thursday paused beating up Mr Nine and raised an eyebrow, amused at the old woman.

"<span style="color:teal;">No disrespect, obaa-chan*,</span> she said with a giggle, "<span style="color:teal;">But I could hardly imagine one as old and wrinkly as yourself doing any good aboard a ship. What would you do, knit sweaters for us in case it got cold?</span>" her laughter was like the tinkle of crystal, pure and bright, but she stopped soon, a poisonous look in her eyes as she turned back to Nine, "<span style="color:teal;">I'm really sorry for giving you any hopes, obaa-chan, but my partner here has a tendency to speak about more things than is good for him.</span>"

She didn't even notice the stare she was getting from the old lady.

((OOC - *Normally, when refering to an old woman, obaa-san is the honorific way in doing so, as it literally means 'honorable grandmother', saying obaa-chan, as Thursday is, literally means 'litte grandmother' or 'cute little grandmother', which means that she's looking down on her. :O ))

Nick Shogun

Yeesh.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:32 pm

OOC: You don't just PUNCH Mr. Nine in the stomach. That's the GM's choice.

IC: Leone hit the icy water and was wisked underneath. With a forced stroke he broke the surface, breathing heavily, cursing that he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Well... that's it, I guess," he murmured under his breath as he paddled slowly over to the boat. With a tough grip, he hoisted himself onto the deck and lay there groggily, struggling to return to his senses. Once he had his land legs about him, or 'boat-legs,' he examined the ship and put up the sail. "I think the wind's blowing towards shore," he said wistfully. "If not, I guess I can row it."

RyuKurai000

Urge to kill..... Fading......

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:40 pm

Well, that was anticlimactic. Raziel thought as his battle rage faded. Unfortunately the adrenaline was still in his system, and he still felt like pounding something. Nine seems to have been stopped, so I'd be the agressor if I attacked now, and I can't do that. Ground's a bit hard, hmm... Raziel's glance fell upon the kama he'd embedded in the ground a few seconds earlier. "Heheh," Raziel chuckled as his eyes took on almost an evil glaze. "Hey Nine!" He half shouted. Mr. Nine instinctivekly glanced over at Raziel. "I'd still like to wipe the floor with you, but I estimate your lady friend wouldn't take that very well, so here's a taste of what punishment I would've dished out."

Raziel lifted his knee into the air after taking a few steps back, and jumped over his own hip, hitting the kama with the outside edge of his boot, landing in a kneeling position. The blade went a bit deeper into the stone, and the handle splintered into a copious ammount of pieces. Raziel finally plucked the blade out of the ground, and broke the blade over his knee. Raziel let himself grin as he dropped both pieces to the ground. "I've read that the bones in an adult human skeleton are about as strong as granite. If I did that to your steel blade, imagine what I could do to your arms, your fingers, eheheheheh." Raziel let out a laugh that bordered on an infantile giggle. Of course, Raziel wasn't going to let on how much it hurt his leg to break a steel blade over it. Adrenaline, have I ever told you how much I love you?

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

GM: Urge to smack silly... rising...

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:49 pm

Nine raised an eyebrow at Raziels 'display of power', forgetting Thursday for a moment.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Ahh yes, I would assume that much from a Moore martial artist...</span>" He sighed and lit another cigarette, breathing in the heavy smoke, "<span style="color:maroon;">Pity really that you haven't come any further.</span>" Nine leaned against the wall he'd been thrown into, drawing a hand through his hair as he continued to smoke.

If Raziel was expecting some kind of counter show-off, it wasn't going to happen. The man just kept smoking and, after a while, said calmly, "<span style="color:maroon;">I do hope you realize I'm taking that out of your pay.</span>

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/18/04 6:50 pm

Nick Shogun

Nick: I agree... smack 'em...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:01 pm

At this moment, a loud voice sailed through the air. Leone, standing atop the bow of Raziel's ship, gave a hearty wave to his companions as he pulled into the dock and tossed a long (and seldom used, it seemed) rope on the pier. It landed around one of the tether poles. The anchor was already digging into the dirt below the water, and, after a few moments, Raziel's ship came to a stop.

RyuKurai000

Nice lassoing...... (So hard to RP a nice guy right now...)

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:20 pm

OOC: Wow. This is one *cough* Different roleplaying style. Besides, Character deveolpment, yo! Cut me some slack. (And I don't ever recall being in an Rp where you got to choose what hit you. I believe that's called -godmoding-, but I could be wrong. Also: Ever been hit in the Solar Plexus? It hurts like a hurty thing. Ow.

IC:
Raziel was intrigued. "I'm getting paid too? This gets better and better." Raziel was even more amused that Mr. Nine hadn't thought about just how signifigant his kama being broken was, but he chose to simply shed his gloves back in his pockets. He ran to the edge of the dock, and jumped onboard the ship (is that my descision?). "Thanks Leone. Those books I mentioned are belowdecks, just keep as many as you want. Not sure if you've already seen some of 'em or not, But just as a token of good will. Let's try and get along, huh?" Raziel extended his hand.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:53 pm

With that, she had gone just too far.

Just too far. Just one sweep would be enough, she decided.

And that's what she did. One surprisingly fluent movement for an old woman, with the cane, from the back of miss Thursday's legs, forward. She was no ordinary grandma. She could do fifty pushups a day, if you let her!

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:25 pm

Taki glared at Miss Thursday, but was secretly pleased when their elderly companion snaked out her cane.

Even so...

She really didn't like the way their crew seemed to be coming together. She had really hoped for a nice happy adventure, where everyone would eat their vegetables and...

She gave a slight sigh, ponytails bobbling before she stepped back.

Nick Shogun

A'ight.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:36 pm

Leone gazed cautiously at Raziel's outstretched hand, then shook it. "Yeah... we'll get along fine now, I think. Everything else's in the past, now."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: A'ight.

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:45 am

((OOC - I was going to post something here, by I think it's just as well that I say this. Ryu, go read the OOC thread. Now. ))

JoshuaDurron

I hate working weekends... no energy to post with...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:58 am

*CRACK!*

Barnac had been watching the unfolding situation with increasing nervousness, and had finally broken down and armed himself as he saw the possibility of a fight beginning between several of the others. By now, he had drawn his rifle and just completed an official discharging of it into the air.

He casually lowered it's open mouth to the ground and popped the breach open with one hand, bringing a cartridge to his mouth and biting it open with the other. An emphatic *spat* sent tiny shreds of paper drifting to the ground as he shoved the new round into his long barrel and snapped the breach closed. He then lifted the rifle back up casually and slung it over his shoulders, drawing one of his pistols with his other hand.

"All right, ya bilge rats. Y've had your fun." Those that had heard him talking earlier might be struck by the total change in his voice, from nervous geek to confident, bona-fide pirate in very little time at all. "I'd say that'd be enough fightin' for now, unless y'be wantin' to be walkin' the plank as yer first dutie on our ship."

His glasses had slipped forward a half inch on his nose, and he glanced over then to sweep the assembled group with a withering glare from his crystal blue eyes. "We not be sailin' for fun, or fightin'. We be sailin' to find treasure, and make ourselve's a little money. Don't be losin' yer focus, maties. Maybe we don't like everyone. Weren't ever a ship where everyone got along peachy. But so help me, the next festerin' mutineer I see, I shoot, hear? And then I feed him to the fishes. Anyone who not be thinkin' about getting the treasure first, I call that person a mutineer."

His speech over and done with, he let his rifle back down on its sling, and it dropped back to dangle below his armpit, his vest once again concealing it from sight.

"Oh, and if any be doubting my abilities..." without turning to look from the group, he raised his pistol and discharged it to one side, confident he would bulls-eye the seagull he had picked for his demonstration a moment ago, and could still see out of the corner of his eye. "Then I think they be well advised to reconsider..." And he pulled the trigger a second time.

*CRACK!*

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:55 am

((OOC - Let's insert that Mr Nine took the hit to his solar plexus, gasped for breath for a while, wasn't knocked out and the rest of the events happened. >_> ))

-=-{Before Barnacks shot}-=-

Miss Thursday, who wasn't quite as agile, nor alert as Nine, had about time to say "<span style="color:teal;">What are you...</span>" Before the old lady swooped her off her legs, sending her crashing to the ground. For a moment she laid there, face into the ground, omnious silence enveloping the people gathered... Then she was up, steaming with anger.

"<span style="color:teal;">You dirty old! I'll... I'll!</span>" She rushed against the old woman, but Nine positioned himself between, straining to hold her back.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Miss Thursday! PLEASE try to calm down</span>" He yelled at her as she pounded his head, "<span style="color:maroon;">Please ex-excuse her. She's really a nice person...</span>" He was pushed forward a few inches as Thursday continued to struggle, but when Barnack fired his shot, she stopped, looking at him.

-=-{After Barnacks shot}-=-

Miss Thursday sighed and brushed off her clothing, giving Grandma a poisonous look.

"<span style="color:maroon;">I think... perhaps that our young friend is correct.</span>" Nine said, he too readjusting and brushing off his clothing, "<span style="color:maroon;">There's no point in arguing, We'd better hurry before this little fight brings the attention of the marines.</span>" He looked at Raziel, then reached out an hand, "<span style="color:maroon;">Guess our spar was interrupted,</span>" he smiled slightly, then took on a serious look, "<span style="color:maroon;">I'm willing to continue it later...</span>"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:06 pm

Only that when Thursday looked the second time, there was no old woman. Instead, in her place, stood a young, blonde woman with wavy hair, in clothes like the ones the old woman were wearing, and a suspiciously similar canesword...

Innocent reaction also did not lack, as she turned at Thursday, and, as innocent as a late teen-ish girl can muster, replied:

"Why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong...?"

RyuKurai000

Interrupting cow!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:08 pm

(ooc: I'm guessing that Barnac's Shot happened a bit before I got on the ship, so that's when this little comment takes place.)

Raziel shrugged. "Well, I was just doing it for a distraction 'till Leone found the boat anyway, and I did ask Hal to spar anyway, but I guess we'll have to try and spar later." He walked over to Barnac. "Sorry about that, I guess I got carried away, Mr. Gunner." I guess he isn't just good for sharkbait after all.... Raziel thought as he walked towards the ship.

Nick Shogun

Moo.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:34 pm

Leone flinched at Barnac's first shot, a strange action for the sky man to undertake, considering he spent the majority of his time not being surprised. "Is this the Barnacle? Even I'm a bit on edge now... he seems a bit more dangerous then he had a second ago..." He noticed Raziel's tenative gaze. "Even Raziel feels it..."

Then he noticed the girl. She was dressed in clothes identical to the old woman's, and was in the same spot the old woman had previously stood. Leone didn't need two seconds to figure it out. "How on the name of the four seas... she's hot. How did that happen, I wonder?"

SALSAlys

Re: Moo.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:24 am

Taki's eyes flicked about slowly as she adjusted her long jacket into place a bit more snugly, as well as readjusting her hat, which had nearly fallen off her head when she jumped at Barnac's shot. Then she squared her shoulders, seeming to take all the recent turns of events... remarkably in stride. Even the apparent disappearance of "Grandma".

Despite the fact that she still regarded feeding the crew healthily as her first priority, she also didn't feel too inclined to inform Barnac of her goals.

"Guess we better hurry up an' get the boat traded, hey...?" she murmured, voice slowed down a tad.

Barnac's SCARY like that, she reflected, giving a mental shiver.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Moo, Moo, MOOO!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:51 am

Thursday stared at the young woman who had been much, much older just a little while ago. "<span style="color:teal;">How did you...</span>" she began, trying to collect herself, "<span style="color:teal;">when did you...</span>" she finally managed to get a hold of herself, "<span style="color:teal;">So... you can... become young... how useful...</span>" She seemed more bitter than interested, "<span style="color:teal;">Let's just move, please? I've been forced to wait for almost 13 hours you know</span>"

Elementalist Daien

Re: Moo, Moo, MOOO!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:18 am

"Well... I don't know what you're going on about but... Erm... Okay?"

She looked around herself and shrugged.

JoshuaDurron

Dead seagull!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:31 pm

"Aye, aye. Th' ladies be right, we'd best be tradin' the skiff for a bigger boat, and be gettin' on our way. I dun' like the idea of the Marines comin' to pay a visit. Mostly 'cause I dun' be wantin' to put another two hundred thousand in some soldier's purse unless I be gettin' a cut."

As he talked, the gun geek reloaded his pistol and let it dangle loosely by his side. He didn't appear to intend to put it away until he saw his plan of action carried out.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 4/23/04 10:38 am

RyuKurai000

Re: Dead seagull!

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:44 pm

Raziel shouted from the ship "If everyone wants to trade the ship in then hurry up and get on, huh?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:59 pm

"Aye. Listen, wench," Barnac addressed the swordcane transformer girl, "we're goin' to rustle up a little treasure. Ya said y'd like to come. Are ya still interested? Because if so, we be shovin' off. As soon as possible."

Suiting actions to words, Barnac walked over to the ship and got himself onboard, immidiately securing himself a position at the bow of the ship.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:32 pm

"I said I'd like to come?" she said, raising one eyebrow, and scratching behind her head in a "What the hell is he talking about?" manner.

But then, she smiled and shrugged.

"But then again! I love treasure hunting! I'm in!" She took a step forward, stumbled a bit, then stood back upright.

"Yep. I'm in!"

Nick Shogun

ddd

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:13 pm

Leone hopped back aboard the boat. "Whatever the order is, Mr. Nine," clearly indicating that Nine was in charge here. He went below deck to look for the often-talked-of-mechanic-books.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

We shall hurry!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:10 pm

Mr Nine and Miss Thursday joined the others, climbing aboard the ship, making it sink even further down into the water.

"<span style="color:maroon;">I believe... there might be a place where we could trade this in further down the harbor...</span>" Nine mumbled, almost to himself, "<span style="color:maroon;">Perhaps I and miss Thursday should leave for it and do the purchase while you move this boat to it, making this much faster?</span>" He shrugged meekly, "<span style="color:maroon;">I'm not very inclined to stay around for the marines to arrive, unnecessary questioning might arise and I don't wish to spill more time.</span>"

JoshuaDurron

Re: We shall hurry!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:46 pm

Barnac, laying at his ease in the bow of the boat, called out, "Sounds like an excellent idea! I'll see that these scurvy sea dogs move the boat, if you wish. You run along." The skinny gunman sketched Mr. Nine a rough salute with the muzzle of his pistol, and nodded.

SALSAlys

We shall? ;-;

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:58 am

Taki muttered something along the lines of "No scurvy if you eat your cabbage...", but didn't protest too much, though she hopped aboard the boat. Considering how low in the water it was, she was half-way surprised that it wasn't sinking from all of their weight.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs