Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Of Crow Nests and Bounty a-plenty(One Piece Freestyle RP)

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:24 pm

(( This is a locked RP, so if you want to join it, for any reason, go to the OOC thread "I want to GM an RP". ))

The sun was hanging lazily over the city of Roguetown, the biggest city in the entire world and also the gathering point of travellers, merchants and, most importantly, pirates from all around the world.

Located close to the Red Line and one of the four entrances to the Grand Line, the city was a veritable melting pot of people as nearly everyone who was going to enter the grandline would be stopping by to stock up.

Down in the docks, a varied collection of ships, everything from small Sloops to great warships were anchored and bound, their crews busy with whatever they were doing in the city.

A large marine battleship is currently the biggest ship in the harbor and a large and finely carved dragonshead is attached to the front of it. The number 11 is painted with large, lightblue colors on the sails and on board a few marines can be seen scurrying back and forth.

Further into town, the streets are unusually crowded as the day of the great market is today. Merchants from all of the four seas, as well as a few from the Grand Line itself, are putting up their stands and tents, making the already narrow streets near impossible to pass through. The air is inhumanly warm at some places and the cobblestones feels like fire under bare feet. It is in this town you find yourself, whether you're living here or just passing through, these events are more than enough to keep you a few day's more.

(( OOC : Right, feel free to post character introductions here and such, as well as some general browsing and whatnot. The main plot won't begin for a while...)

Nick Shogun

Bread! Here comes Leone!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:06 pm

Image Good introduction.
---
There was the expected traffic of feet, sure, but Leone hadn't counted on there being so many feet. He stepped briskly to the side as three gentlemen in red pulled a cart full of fruit by him. As he turned back to his course, he squinted. Far ahead he could see a junk tent. Most of the merchants surrounding him were selling useless trinkets. Leone was searching for something special, the sort of mechanical instrument that any proper engineer dreamed of utilizing in a project.

Some people have the same jobs as they do hobbies. Artists draw for fun. Writers write for fun. Leone built for fun, or perhaps "tinkered" is a better word for it. He would fiddle about with all types of gadgets, or try to invent something original.

Now, as he glanced across the long, thin table before him, scattered with long copper wires and thick metal gears, he wondered what sort of amazing creation he could mold from them. He patted the wrench strapped to his utility belt and dreamed.

Loud gasps came from a crowd nearby and momentarily caught his attention. At the place where the merchants' alley ended, in the middle of a large square, and on top of a small platform, a young man stood with his head and hand upturned in the hangman's fashion. He shouted, "Look at me, look at me! I'm Gold Roger!" His friends hooted and howled as he clambered back down and ambled off with them.

The thought snapped into his mind like a wedge. That was the place where Gold Roger, the pirate king, had been hung! Certainly, there were legends and rumors in his hometown, but Gold Roger and his One Piece were the greatest legends of all. Now Leone was staring at the very location where the almost-mythical man had met his end.

"I can imagine the entire square filled with screaming people, and the pirate on the platform," Leone thought as he stood there, gazing at a memory. "To think that one man brought about an age of piracy. It's unfathomable."

CrimsonIronkiller

And along came Hal

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:27 am

The town was always a busting with activities.. Ships coming into harbor and being supplied and setting out again, people buying and selling all sorts of things and... Oh wait! That was right! Today was the day of the great market! Shaking his head Hal grinned as he moved along looking in at tent after tent filled with different goods stop occasionally if something caught his eye.

Stopping in at a unusually large tent Hal moved inside so that his feet wouldn't be quiet as warm as they where and to take a look at what a man could possibly sell that he would need a tent of this size! As he moved about inside he found that the man was selling animals of all sorts from sea creatures to "Creatures of the jungles from the mythical islands" What ever it didn't really interest him and after looking about for a moment he turned and headed back out into the crowed streets. He was looking for a ship to serve upon anyways not something to buy.

Upon deciding that he moved back toward the harbor. He couldn't afford to buy anything anyways. As he walked threw the crowed streets people moved out of the way quickly for Hal not wanting to get the large man angry. Moving right along he was slowed down by a crowd sat around gawking at a covered wagon that was turned on its side a man trapped underneath its great bulk.

"What is wrong with you people?!" Hal demanded above the crowd as he pushed his way threw the people shoving them out of his way and knocking several off there feet in his hurry to the covered wagon. When he reached it he bent down near the man who seemed to be unconscious. "Don't worry I be getting you out of here in just a moment." A grin spread across his face as the crowd gasped as he griped the bottom of the cart and slowly stood it up right.

With a laugh at there surprise Hal checked the man for injuries and was surprised to find that although the wagon had landed on top of him he was uninjured. "Well tough little man.." Hal muttered to himself as he stood and pushed the cart to the side of the street where it would not be blocking the flow of the people as much, before turning back to the man and setting him in the seat of the wagon. Looking about Hal didn't notice the mans animals he had been using to pull the cart. He shrugged and turned about heading again towards the Harbor.

SALSAlys

And now a chef.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:15 pm

A small, dark-skinned lass was hop-stepping her way through the marketplace, barely managing to avoid having her ponytails stepped on or tangled in others. They were long and thin, winding behind her like a pair of ribbons which danced in the heat rising from the pavement. Her white coat fluttered behind her as she dodged a man with a cart of melons, her yellow and orange bikini top flashing before the coat fluttered shut again. Somehow, her large chef's hat managed to stay firmly on her head throughout her run.

And clutched to Taki's chest was...

A large amount of fresh produce. And jars of pickled cabbage. And a bag of oranges.

She skidded to the harbor, looking about frantically for the ship she had taken berth on...

"WHAT?! THEY LEFT WITHOUT THEIR VEGGIES!" she hollered, realizing she had been abandoned.

Thinking for a bit, she realized that she HAD taken a while... but finding fresh produce had been difficult. Much of it hadn't come up to her exacting standards. Why, one merchant even had the audacity to say that his cabbage was PICKLED when it had merely been soaked in brine and let to smell noxious!

Still fuming, Taki glanced about again, trying to see if she could spot the ship... while she noted the large battleship, it wasn't the one to truly get her attention.

And in the meanwhile...

She was stuck with an armload of veggies, and now needed a crew to consume them.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

And enter the Marines... and some other people >_>

Unread postby ChristianC » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:14 am

-={ Leona }=-

"<span style="color:gray;">Hey, you're not allowed on that platform!</span>" A cityguard approached the kids, looking upset, "<span style="color:gray;">That's a historical landmark, and no one without the authority is allowed to...</span>" The man stopped as he felt a hand on his shoulder, a very big, gloved hand.

Standing behind the guard was one of the tallest people Leona had ever seen. The man had short gray hair, sort of spikey, and had two cigars in one corner of his mouth. He was wearing a big, white jacket and a pair of black pants and lined up like ammunition on the jacket's chest and arms were rows of cigars, all of the finest brand. Fastened to his back was a HUGE jitte*, He wasn't wearing anything under the jacket and the huge muscles of his chest and stomach showed that this was a man that could probably face down the worst of punishment with ease.

"<span style="color:white;">Let them have their fun...</span>" the man said with a stern look on his face, "<span style="color:white;"> That thing's build to last</span>"

The guard grew very, very pale and, without turning to look who it was, replied: "<span style="color:gray;">Y-Yes sir, C-C-Commander Smoker... sir...</span>"

The kids started laughing but stopped when the man, Commander Smoker, turned his attention to them. "<span style="color:white;">Hey, kids.</span>" He said, slowly, spitting out the butt of one cigar and lighting a new, taking a deep puff from it, "<span style="color:white;">If I were you I wouldn't be joking around about captain Roger like that...</span>" he grinned coldly, "<span style="color:white;">Some say that his spirit still roams this square, and if you call a dead's name at the place they died, there's a chance they might just answer</span>" The kids took on a almost paler look than the guard and quickly scurried away from the platform. Smoker nodded slowly for himself and turned to walk away, showing the kanji for Seigi, justice, in a sharp red color on the back of his jacket.

*a weapon often used by policemen in feudal japan, technically a Sai with only one sidebar and non-sharpened edges

-+-< Hal >-+-

The street down to the harbor was, as pretty much the rest of the city, very crowded. Here, ´though, the merchants didn't sell vegetables or clothing, but souveniers and cheap junk in hope that sailors, or better yet, dumb tourists, would catch a fancy.

Walking past a pub, Hal glanced at the wanted posters, a regular habit he, and probably most other people on the world, had. There had been a new addition recently and he could even see the marine who had put it up walking away, carrying a bundle of posters just like it. The face on the poster was, with quite a surprise, the face of what seemed like a Circus Clown.

Strange. Under the image was written

<center>Wanted : Buggy The Clown
3,000,000 Belis
Dead or Alive
</center>

Hal was interrupted in observing the poster by the scream of a woman from the harbor, he managed to catch "...HOUT THEIR VEGGIES!"

==--==( Taki ))==--==

Screaming had definantly attracted the attention of quite a lot of people, but most just returned to what they were doing when they noticed nothing else was happening.

((OOC: Sorry for not posting so much for Taki, I have to leave rather urgently, but I'm beating Taki and Hal together, so hopefully you'll be busy without me, I'll be returning in two days or so, I'm going to a LARP.))

((OOC EDIT: God damnit, it's been left like this for four days? Sheesh, I really ought to do my homework on ezCode.))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=christianc>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/6/04 10:15 am

RyuKurai000

Raziel's arrival

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:05 am

A small ship broke through a crashing wave, and came upon a small town that appeared to be bustling with activity. Raziel took the rudder in hand and slowed the ship down as he drifted towards the dock....... And crashed into it.

Raziel flew over the ship's side into the water with a resounding splash, and several sailors and townspeople broke out into laughter a he dragged himself out of the ocean. He sputtered out a mouthful of sea water. "Phhft! Bleah. I really have to learn how to work that thing better....." He said as he stood up. He took in the full view of the city. There were so many shops, bars, and the docks seemed to nearly be packed! He stumbled to the side as he regained his balance on land, the decided to walk down the nearest road in search of a place to rest. As he rounded the corner he heard Children laugh for a moment, then suddenly stop.

"Hey, kids." Said a large, intimidating figure. Raziel wrung out part of his shirt as he listened to the tall, assuming man talk. "If I were you I wouldn't be joking around about Captain Roger like that..." Raziel immediately dropped his shirt on the ground. Captain Roger? He wondered. "Some say that his spirit still roams this square, and if you call a dead's name at the place they died, there's a chance they might just answer you..." Is he talking about THE Captain Roger?! He thought to himself, barely able to stifle his exitement. "Ahaha! I found my way here without a map or anything!" He said to himself, although not as quietly as he had hoped. More people stopped in their tracks and stared at him with wide eyes. "Um, sorry." Raziel said sheepishly and he turned and walked past Gold Roger's place of death. "Freak." an old lady said as she went back to cleaning her laundry. "We get more o' those every day."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ryukurai000>RyuKurai000</A] at: 4/3/04 11:08 am

Nick Shogun

BWAHAHA!!! Er.... yeah.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:49 pm

The sound of a smooth, calm voice entered the commotion that was Rogue Town.

"Excuse me, miss, but are you lost?"

If Taki were to turn around, she would see a tall, lanky man, without a shirt and with shorts bearing images of tropical flowers. He wore goggles over his eyes and had an expression along the lines of, "Oh, so I'm here now."

"If you aren't," he continued, "could you help me? Because I am. I'm trying to find the 'restaurant' district. I'm really hungry."

He grinned lightly. Image

It had to be fate that, in a crowded marketplace, full of all sorts of people, Leone would run across the cutest, loudest cook in the city.

In the back of his mind, he was still thinking about that Smoker character...

SALSAlys

A CHEF!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:27 am

Taki had to step back and tilt her head up, shading her eyes in order to look at Leone's face.

"Oh, no! I'm not lost at all! My ship just lost me, but that's the ship's problem, not mine really. Anyways, you said you wanted food, right?" All this was said in one rapid exhale, Taki cocking her head to one side.

"Food's always good, and I really—"

With a new mission, Taki smiled brightly, removing her hat and then shoving her entire armload of groceries into it before plopping the hat back onto her head. It retained much the same shape as it had before, and then Taki clutched Leone's hand, beginning to drag him behind her as she began skipping to the restaurant district.

"Y'know, you look like you need to eat more veggies. Especially if you go around in the heat without your shirt, 'cuz shirts are supposed to be good for you, but getting sun's good too but then you have to be careful about sunburns and...."

She continued babbling, starting to compare the nutritional values of various vegetable curries as opposed to fruit salads.

Her ship 'abandoning' her was forgotten for now; Taki had found someone to feed.

Nick Shogun

Mmm... home cookin'

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:38 am

Leone smiled cluelessly as Taki led him to food. She was hyper and perky, two good traits to have when you were fighting someone, but he didn't think she was a fighter. More of a... gormet.

At least he wouldn't be hungry now. He used his free hand to check his pocket, and fumbled with the loose money inside. Enough for a few meals, a few trinkets, and a ride home.

"So," Leone said, attempting to make lighthearted conversation, "how long have you been a cook?"

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Mmm... home cookin'

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:25 am

Looking up at the shout Hal blinked. "Did I hear that right? Out their veggies?" Hal thinks to himself before shaking his head and heading down that way in time to see two rather small people one stuffing an armload of veggies into her hat and then dragging the other off babbling something about fruit salad as they passed him. Giving off a low laugh Hal decided he could wait a little while longer as he turned and decided to follow. "This out to be worth a few laughs." Hal mutters to himself following the two.

As the boy being drug around interrupted and tried to ask a question Hal grins shrugs and moves a bit close so that he could hear better.

SALSAlys

Taki is so loved! T_T

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:33 pm

"Oooh, always helped Mama in the kitchen when I was little 'cuz my older brother ate like a pig— he always hated his veggies, though—" Her voice broke off suddenly, then she shook her head, one ponytail twirling about her wrist in a spiral before returning to dancing behind her.

"Buuuut I serve as ship's cook anywhere I go, only couple o' years, I really just started, more or less, and...."

Taki maneuvered herself and Leone directly through a large mob of people, using her hat to help navigate.

Once through it though, she abruptly stopped, releasing Leone's hand to spin and face Hal. She glared up at him fiercely despite their size difference.

"Hey! Don'tcha know it's rude to listen in?"

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Taki is so loved! T_T

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:24 pm

As the girl spun about and glared at him Hal bust out laughing with a huge grin on his face. "Rude or not it be what I am doing now." He answers his grin getting slightly wider as he stares down at her. "Besides listening in is better than heading down to the harbor to talk a captain into taking me on. Well what are you waiting on." Waves his hand in the direction that they had been heading. " Lets keep going."

Nick Shogun

Well, cuteness is catchy.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Leone sighed. Not the smartest egg in the frying pan, was this guy? And was that even a real metaphor? The hunger was seeping into Leone's brain.

RyuKurai000

Green Salvation. 'nuff said

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:26 pm

Raziel continued to wander aimlessly down the town's streets. he looked up at the large buildings, and they loomed over him like giants in some forgotten realm. "Ah, crap." He said as he dropped to one knee and examined the ground, trying to find some kind of clue as to where he was. His stomach growled. "Oogh, that's great, just great." He said sacastically as he stood up. "You're gonna bankrupt me, I swear." He said as he patted his stomach. He suddenly spied a fruit stand. "Bingo!" He said with a huge grin as he rushed forwards to pick out the biggest melon he could find. "Alright, what do I owe ya?" He said as the owner paused for a moment. "That'll be 120 Beris, sir." The proprieter said. "Alright...." Raziel said as he reached into his coat pocket. His hands only grasped empty air. I'm so forgetful today. He thought to himself as he reached into his other pocket. No luck again. "Uh, hold on a sec please." He said as he frantically searched his remaining pockets, and then emptied out his shoes, getting him another well-deserved stare from the townspeople. "I...seem....to....have....misplaced......my....money...." He said with puppydog eyes to the owner of the fruit stand. "Sorry, no Beris, no food." He said. "Pleeeeeease?" Raziel begged again, this time employing a slightly-watery-eyes tactic. "No." The fruit stand owner said. "And that's final."

Raziel stalked back to the docks, his stomach growing hungrier every second. "I think I'm gonna pass out....." He said to himself as he walked, his pace slowing down to that of a snail's. A final, massive groan of his stomach send him keeling to the ground. "It looks like it's over for me....." He said weakly. "Maybe I'll get to see Gold Roger in the afterlife....." He said as he opened his eyes to take in one last view. He saw his view blocked by one very large man, another with wings, and a small woman in between them. Well, I guess my last view is going to have to be of some friends. I wish I had gotten to see my friends one last- Hey, wait! Is she holding foooooood?! Raziel lunged to his feet and ran flat out towards the trio. "GREEN SALVATION!" He shouted.

SALSAlys

Like the plague?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:28 pm

Taki glared, stamping her foot.

"Well, it's just not—"

She looked as though she would have dived into an immense lecture, but they were spared that as Raziel approached.

"WAAAAH!" she exclaimed, jumping in the air and clutching her hat to her head. She immediately pulled out an orange and an immense ladle, which she hefted in her right hand as though she knew how to use it— and not just for cooking.

"If you have scurvy, eat that first! And then you can get s'more veggies! Oranges taste best and have lots of vitamins, and...."

Taki was backstepping hastily, her ponytails waggling in an almost warning fashion.

"Don't shout at a lady! Didn't your mama ever tell you that?!"

Nick Shogun

He'll infect us!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:12 pm

Leone assessed the situation, and then decided to assess it from a few feet back. He stepped away from Taki and Hal as Raziel approached.
"Mmm... I've never seen such a fellow so taken with being healthy," Leone mused.

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: He'll infect us!

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:55 am

Hal's grin never faded but grew wider as she back stepped again and again. "Well are you going to give the man the orange or not? He could finish his dieing before you drop into the harbor back there." Hal points the way Taki is going before stepping between the two. "Also you really can't run into her like that even you are bigger than she is... In fact I think just about everyone around here is bigger than she is." Hal says standing in the way before a loud laugh comes from him startling some of the townsfolk already staring.

RyuKurai000

Only three days, no biggie....

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:46 pm

"Thank y-you!" Raziel stammered as he grabbed the orange and immediately ate it without hesitating to peel it. As he finished the orange, he let out a hearty laugh and bowed to Taki. "Thank you for saving my life. I hadn't eaten for nearly three days until just now. My name is Raziel. I'm a traveller of sorts, and I- ooh, are those carrots?!" He interrupted himself, saying the last few words almost pleadingly.

SALSAlys

Re: Only three days, no biggie....

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:11 pm

Taki's shoulders lowered themselves from their tensed position slightly as she peered at Raziel suspiciously before stuffing her ladle back into her hat.

"Uh-huh. Gots carrots. Were s'posed to be for the crew I was with before, but guess you can have some. We were gonna go get some food, though."

She pulled out a large carrot, holding it out to Raziel with a little less suspicion and a little more maternalism.

"How come you haven't eaten for so long, hey?"

Nick Shogun

BWAH!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:30 pm

Leone smiled lightly. "Ah, the best friendship is one established by food," he thought.

He took in the shapes of all the interesting people he had met thus far. A large, strong man with soft brown hair stood near him, a large hammer at his side. The somewhat grubby vagabond character with a ponytail was licking orange juice off his fingers. The cook, who he'd never gotten the name of, was arguing with the vagabond about carrots.

"Fun," he thought. "What am I doing here again? Maybe if I break the ice... I can get some free vegetables?"

Leone was never one to be certain about anything. He was practically always uncertain. But he could recognize safety, or at least thought he could. Despite their odd natures, none of these people seemed threatening when compared to the pirates he'd heard of and even occasionally seen.

He sidled over to Hal and nudged the large man in the ribs. "Heeeeeey...." Leone said, smiling, "my name's Leone. What's yours?"

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: BWAH!

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:19 am

Hal had a slight frown on his face as he watched the boy scurry around him and over to Taki to get his orange. Feeling some one poking him he looked over to see the man that the little cook had been traveling with. Rubbing his chin as he looked down at him Hal Shrugged grinned and said. " Hal Moore currently looking for a ship." Hal offers the man his hand. " And what about you? And the rather strange company you travel with." He waves one hand in their direction.

RyuKurai000

A revalation! *gasp*

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:08 am

"Thank you once again!" Raziel said, as he somehow simultaniously grinned and stuffed the carrot down his gullet. "I haven't eaten for a while since I've been out at sea for quite a while. I'm such a lousy fisherman." He scratched the back of his head absentmindedly, not noticing how the others faces lit up at the mention of his being out at sea.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

And I return!!!! *fanfare*

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:41 am

As the four continue their discussion, a strange feeling of unease slowly crawled over Raziel... He'd forgotten something, but he couldn't remember at all what it was.

After a short while of trying to figure it out, he dropped it, if he didn't remember, it probably wasn't anything important anyway. The rest of the group had already begun moving towards a restaurant anyway.

---

As with most everything in this city, the countless restaurants, coffe shops, bars and clubs had their own "neighbourhood" almost on the other side of town. Naturally, there were a few dotted places in the rest of the city, but Taki knew enough about Roguetown to know that if you wanted good food, it was well worth the walk.

The sun was still blazing in the sky, but luckily it was in such angle with one side of the street that a big and, luckily, cool shadow had spread out over about half of the street.

JoshuaDurron

A gunman! *gasp!*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:28 pm

Moah*... I used up over 18 rounds last night... and ten of them in that idiotic marksmanship contest... moah...

Currently sprawled carelessly in the shade of the street, a small, thin character was mentally bemoaning his ill luck. All he really remembered from the previous night was getting chased by bounty hunters and winding up in a disreputable bar. After that, he had blurry memories of a shooting contest that ended when he scored three consecutive bullseyes on a target while hanging upside down from the tavern roof. After that, he had apparently passed out and been tossed onto the street.

Which was where he was now, substantially poorer due to a night of drunken revelry, with almost half his remaining ammunition spent in a single night, and a bounty on his head.

It's what I get for shooting a Marine officer... moah... and they were the ones attacking us! Man... and they say Roronoa Zoro is in the area too... moah...

With a sigh, Barnac got to his feet and reached up to adjust his glasses. As he did, he noticed there was a hairline fracture in them. "Moah..."

Barnac sinched the bandana around his head tighter so it wouldn't come free and staggered into the street (still slightly hungover) flipping up the collar on his immense green vest so it hid his face as he did so. The vest had been stollen from another pirate on his old ship as part of an innitiation right, and he had worn it ever since as a way to remind the crew not to pick on him too much because, after all, he was one of them. He still wore it now because old habbits die hard. However, it occoured to him that between the oversized vest and overthick glasses, he was pretty easy to spot if anyone was looking for that bounty on his head...

Such thoughts filled his head as he stepped out into the street... and collided into an immense wall of a man. Barnac stepped back and rubbed his nose, then adjusted his displaced glasses so he could see who he had run into. He then looked up (up, up, up) into the face of Hal, who towered above him like a thundercloud...

"Uh, um... E-e-excus- I m-mean, I wasn't- that is, I-I didn't mean-," Barnac stuttered, and then bowed his head and clasped his hands together above it and finished, "I'm terribly sorry!"

((*"Moah" is a kind of moan or sigh you'll sometimes hear in anime, usually coming from a depressed girl. If you were wondering. I add this because people have sometimes thought "moah" was a person. You can ignore me now.))

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 4/23/04 10:32 am

SALSAlys

Re: And I return!!!! *fanfare*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:15 pm

Taki broke off from a soft, happy wordless tune before turning to see who had just bumped into Hal. Peering up at Barnac, she abruptly moved directly under his face, tilting her head back so that her hat didn't bump him, but instead extended almost horizontally behind her.

"Hm."

Then she stepped back out, wagging a finger at Hal.

"Don't scare him too much, you big dummy! He looks scared enough as it is!"

With that said, she peered at Barnac again, then sighed.

"I guess you haven't been eating your veggies lately either, huh? What do I have to do, be a mama for you all? Silly silly boys—"

She made 'tsk'ing noises, simply shaking her head as she tapped her feet.

"Look, we're almost to the restaurant, so we're gonna have to hurry up if nobody's gonna die of hunger anytime soon," she added.

Nick Shogun

Click! Barnar the Barnacle!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:00 pm

Leone was about to continue talking to Hal, beginning with, "I said, my name's Leone, I'm a mechanic-type-guy from Blueberry Island, which is North of here, and I'm looking for interesting gadgets..."

However, he never said this. Mostly due to the guy with the glasses bumping into Hal. He looked at him. Kind of a dorky looking fellow, Leone noted.

Now there was a crowd of five, counting the sky man and the dork, and Leone wondered what he was still doing here. Well, like he decided, they weren't dangerous, and dork boy wasn't menacing AT ALL... he'd pump them on information on good technical shops once they hit a restaurant.

He set his left arm on Taki's right shoulder. "So, let's all get a bite, eh? My treat. Lead the way, will you, little miss?"

He leaned over, yanked the dork by his arm, and waited for Taki to show them a good meal.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Click! Barnar the Barnacle!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:30 pm

"Eh? Wha? Veggies? Bite? Where are you taking me?"

Struggles slightly against Leone's grip. "I said I was sorry. I didn't mean nothin'..."

RyuKurai000

Raziel introduces himself (And I know what I forgot:))

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:45 pm

Raziel clutched his stomach again as his hunger pains continued. Good thing there's no one who made trouble with me when I entered town, I'd be pretty easy to beat in this condition. He said as he tried to straighten himself up as best he could. He then suddenly remembered he hadn't thanked Taki for giving him food. He clasped Taki's hand, and said, softly, "I want to personally thank you for saving my life. You can have me as a bodyguard if you want, or you can have my ship. If it weren't for your fresh produce I wouldn't be alive right now." Raziel then realized that he'd just entered a girl's space without permission. "Um, ah..." He said in dismay, instinctivley freezing. Raziel, you friggin' moron! He thought to himself.

SALSAlys

No hitting on the chef!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:37 pm

Taki froze, even her ponytails going rigid. She had Leone holding onto her shoulder, and Raziel clasping her hand and talking about bodyguard nonsense.

Then she abruptly shook her head, the awkward mood dispelled— for her, at least— with a brisk shaking of his hand off of hers.

"Ship? That sounds GREAT! I really need t'join a new crew— 'cuz veggies don't cook themselves, y'know, but—"

Her voice broke off, then rose in pitch.

"Y'know, we're gonna have to go and eat now, 'cuz otherwise even I could shove you all around. And with one hand behind my back and my ladle in my ear," she said quickly, starting to dash ahead, tugging Leone and, through extension, Barnar. She darted towards a tall wooden doorway which had an immense potted fern hanging from it, so that the tendrils brushed her head as she ducked under, the men being dragged directly through the leaves.

Inside it appeared to be a greenhouse gone amok, where the tables themselves were swarmed with verdant vegetation and more hanging plants filled the air, blocking out almost any view of the ceiling. The smells were warm and spicy, wafting about invitingly, and the dark-skinned man serving behind the counter glanced up at them without comment except for a brief nod at Taki, who waved back enthusiastically.

"Right! This here's the Jungle Jim, and they have lots of nice curries, spicy soups, different noodles. I like 'em all, but y'might want to stay away from some of 'em if your tongue's wimpy."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Oh yes, I suppose you forgot that

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:28 am

As you all got seated, a tall, but slightly slim young man came up to them, holding a small notepad.

"<span style="color:orange;">Yes? Can I take your orders?</span>" The man smiled at you all, but looked a bit surprised as he saw the wings on Leone's back, he looked as if he was going to ask something, then thought the better of it and didn't.

((OOC : Once again I post short :{{{ ))

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Oh yes, I suppose you forgot that

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:57 am

Hal almost crawled through the door after the group being bent over nearly in half, and yet he found himself still getting caught in the fern. He was untangling himself from the fern at first before he shook his head and just began to rip the fern from his shoulder and head before continuing to the table and moving the chair which was much to small for him to another table and seating himself upon the ground.

"Bring me four of your largest meals. And two pitchers of ale." Hal says to the man looking him almost evenly in the eye from his seated position. Looking at the others Hal grins widely. "Do you expect me to eat like a normal man? In fact this would be an appetizer if I knew what I was getting to eat." Hal gives off a hearty laugh after finishing.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:55 am

Taki simply stuck her tongue out at Hal.

"Stop gloating, you big... gloater!"

With that, she shook her head, ponytails nearly whipping into her tablemates before she grinned at the server.

"Heya, I want a spicy green curry with veggies on the side, and a nice glass of milk," she rattled off, then looked at the group, blinking as she somewhat belatedly realized that none of them knew her name. Well, again she didn't know any of their names (while vaguely aware that introductions had been made, she hadn't been paying attention). She vowed to make introductions when the food came.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:32 am

Barnac squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, quite unsure of how he had gotten there. Everything had happened so fast, and he was still more than a tad hungover. He had gathered that at least one of these people was looking for a sailing ship to set out on (which would be nice, he could use some time out on the sea himself) so he knew he was in like-minded company. Perhaps he should just order some food, and hope someone else was paying...

"Uh, I'll have a- uh, bowl of stew. Uh, whatever you've got in the pot's fine. And some biscuits, please."

Nick Shogun

I have an original headline!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:23 pm

Leone listened to the others place their orders. "I'll have what he's having," the sky man said, jutting his thumb at Barnac. "Sounds... affordable."

Did he offer to pay for them all? The big guy had ordered four meals... oh well. Leone was a laid-back fellow, and dealt with his problems as they presented themselves. The future was so far away, anyway. He'd figure out the money situation when the bill came.

He sat with Barnac on his right and Taki on his left. Turning to the dork, he decided to start a pointless conversation. "What's your name, four eyes?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: I have an original headline!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:29 pm

"Eh? Uh, me?" Barnac pointed at himself. Of course, he was the only 'four eyes' at the table, so it was fairly obvious who was meant. "Uh... Barnac." He mumbled. "Barnac Calloway. M'friends call me th' Barnacle." Hopefully the name wouldn't carry too far. He didn't want more trouble with bounty hunters today...

Nick Shogun

Barnacle and Anchorhead

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:16 pm

Leone sat silently for a moment.

"..."
It was his own fault for asking.

He sighed. "The Barnacle? Sounds a bit unflattering. I'd rather not be named after something you scrap off a ship's anchor."

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: Barnacle and Anchorhead

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:31 pm

Hal lets out a loud laugh. "Do they actually call you that?" He asks looking over at Barnacle. "I am Hal Moore! Fighter, Pirate, Ship builder, among other things!" He says while waving one hand seemingly unaware of the heads that turned to watch him and the others after his loud declaration. "Now what do you normally do? And you others also! What do you be doing most of the time?" Hal gives another laugh as he looks about the table.

SALSAlys

Re: Barnacle and Anchorhead

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:57 pm

Taki Aki crossed her arms, sitting back.

"I'm Taki Aki," she said, flipping her ponytails about herself again. "An' I'm a ship's cook. When there's a ship, y'know," she added quickly, drumming her heels against the legs of her chair. She looked mildly disapproving of Hal for being so loud.

JoshuaDurron

He'll anchor YOUR head... TO THE WALL. >:

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:29 pm

"Yes, they actually called me that." Barnac looked rather ashamed. "I'm something of a shiphand and, uh... marksman." Again, he tried to keep his voice down, and avoid the attention Hal was drawing. This didn't look like a mercinary's joint, but you never knew...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

I have to do nothing, such great players. ;_;

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:29 pm

The rest of the clientelle didn't seem inclined to further study the new arrivals, most of them being families or business associates. However, one man, who seemed awfully out of place in this restaurant, walked up to the table where the five was sitting.

The man was dressed in what looked to be a thick, darkbrown coat, definantly too warm to wear in this weather, and a thin shirt, blue in color, under it. His pants were fairly tight, enough to show the muscles of his legs, and had a deep red, bloodlike color.

"<span style="color:maroon;">Excuse me, gentlemen, miss,</span>" the man said with a wide grin, "<span style="color:maroon;">I couldn't help but overhear the mention of 'pirates' in your conversation... You wouldn't happen to be... pirates... would you?</span>" The smile seemed awfully easy to distrust, almost as if it was made to look that way.

Next

Return to Other RPs