Starfall

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
JoshuaDurron

Gah... busy...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:28 pm

Derrik was also perusing the stalls of merchandise, looking for anything that could be turned to pratical use to the stranded crew.

SALSAlys

Despite school and stuff, I'm still punting this!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:15 am

Sylavi signed a query for directions at a Myrmian, who nodded, rapidly signing the answer and then pointing to the buildings on the cliff.

Derrik could see pouches, cloths, jewellery, and various food items on display, although nothing in particular caught his eye before Sylavi led the way to the cliff.

The group had to go within the caves, stepping through the entrance. Inside, they found it quite well-lit with torches that were apparently magical, as they didn't consume the wood they were on. Then, the path split into many directions, although the instructions had said to continue straight, which they did, until they reached a stairwell carved into the rock, which had a patch of light shining in from the ceiling— the exit, although it seemed like Eduardo would be unable to take it, except they noticed a platform that seemed expressly for the sick, elderly, or very young; powered by a treadmill, the crew of which were currently inactive until Sylavi stated their need.

With that, Eduardo went onto the crude elevator— Jenni with him, as usual— while the others were climbing the stairs. On the long climb, they made better time than Jenni and Eduardo, although the nurse and doctor were considerably more rested when they reached the top than the others.

At top, the two buildings were much more distinct— the smaller one which had the sedate Myrmians drifting in and out, along with a few Eyallan scholars, was much less small than it had seemed at first glance; not as large as their spaceship, perhaps, but not much smaller. Over it, in lines which appeared to writhe if stared at for too long, were words that Sylavi translated as "Stores of Knowledge"; the library.

The other building attracted Candice's attention though; immense, with the sandy exterior shaped into patterns like waves, with blue jewels sprinkled about the wall, catching the sun and reflected scintillating blue lights across the ground. The threshhold had mats of dried seaweed laid down, and from what they could see of the interior, it had a mosaic of semiprecious stones across the floor; mostly purples, blues, and greens.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Despite school and stuff, I'm still punting this!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:29 pm

Candice immediately started towards it, even before her mind started making tentative links between her dreams, the water goddess, the Myrmians, and this building.

It seems like it could be a temple...?

Dark Xia

I vs School+Social engagements = I ownz, I vs sickness = KO

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:31 pm

This is the place where we may find some of your answers, ore perhaps nothing to help you in your plight. Never the less there may be some interesting information. Shall we proceed, my companions?<

The smile on Sylavi's face, though true to her feelings, couldn't hide her slightl quiziness at being surrounded by water, which caused her to twitch every now and then.

SALSAlys

PUNTAGA.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:06 pm

Tanake gave a vaguely affirmative hand motion, although she was following Candice now.

As Candice placed one foot on the mat, then went further to the temple, she felt a cool tingle on her skin, like she had just submersed herself in water, and an immense calm.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: PUNTAGA.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:21 pm

Whatever it is, it's relaxing... Thought Candice, as she went further in, looking around her.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:13 pm

Kyoko watched as the Captain and Candice walked up ahead. Well she didn't feel like waiting around here so... "Hey wait for me!" The pilot walked after the two her bag bobbing about as she ran.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:06 pm

"Maybe we should spilt up." Derrik proposed. He wasn't to interested in visiting the 'temple'. >I'll go to the library< he picked up with hand signles again, still talking for the benifit of those not looking at him, >others to that building.<

SALSAlys

I POST, FINALLY.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:43 pm

Calvin nodded in agreement to Derrik, eyes seeming somewhat distant.

'Whatever, sounds good,' he signed vaguely, then walked into the library quickly, hair glinting an odd shade of green for a moment from the light.

Eduardo wheeled himself after Calvin, with Jenni following, although Tanake, Kyoko, and Candice went into the temple. Phillipe and Edmund both went with the library group, and Myrmian scholars inside were more than happy to come along to provide assistance with translation, although they pelted the humans with questions.

'Why are your skins that color?' one queried Derrik, gills flattened against the scholar's neck as she cocked her head curiously. Her hair was pale blue, two small braids hanging at the sides of her head while the main body of it was loose. For a moment, he had a blurred, double image of her, like the blood-drinking woman of his dreams superimposed upon her face.

With the group going to the temple, though, they could see that the interior was a huge, elaborate mosaic of Ylliana, and Candice could feel welcomed. A Myrmian priest was at the far end of the temple, at the top of a stairway which went down, cupping his hands over a basin of water. When he turned at their entrance, his eyes widened and he walked to them quickly, bowing.

'My lady Ylliana has been expecting you,' he signed, straightening himself.

Kyoko, for her part, just felt a vague chill about the temple which didn't seem natural, although if she thought about it, it seemed to be localized about Candice.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: I POST, FINALLY.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:37 pm

Thinking about it, Candice didn't really feel surprised. She had a question she desperately wanted to ask, and didn't beat about the bush.

'Can you tell me why I feel a connection with her? Why I dream of her?'

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:19 pm

Derrik started like he had been poked by a cattle prod, then regained his composure, making signs with his hands. >It's natural for our species. A reaction between our skin and our sun.< It was the best answer he could do with his limited skills.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:26 pm

Kyoko looked over at Candice briefly, having a strange feeling. She looked around her once more but then calmly shrugged the chill off. "So.. what happens now?" She mummbled this quietly not really asking anyone, she was just trying to figure out what was going to happen now that they were here.

SALSAlys

More GMING?! And hopefully, the pace should pick up soon.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:46 pm

The priest bowed again, and when he straightened, he beckoned to each of them— Candice, Tanake, and Kyoko, to cup their hands and take some of the water from the basin.

'She informed us that you are not of this world, and interest her,' he replied via hand signals to Candice, although he seemed wary, as though unsure of her. 'And she wishes to speak to you.'

Tanake took a small amount of water in her dark hands, glancing in it curiously before giving Candice a sidelong glance, as the priest didn't seem very helpful.

The Myrmian assisting Derrik smiled.

'Are you able to swim? The Eyallans are able to, even though they lack gills, and you seem similar to them in body.' She was rummaging along a shelf of the sand-turned-stone, and then glanced back, giving a bubbling, liquid laugh. 'Except I have forgotten, with my babble— what in specific were you looking for again?' Her hands flicked quickly in the signals required.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: More GMING?! And hopefully, the pace should pick up soon

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:22 pm

Kyoko grimaced at the rquest to cup some water in her hand, "Oro... why do we have to do this?" She didn't feel like asking directly so she just cupped her hands down and held the water in her hands a bit uncomfortable.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:02 pm

Candice didn't follow his instructions until she had signalled one last thing.

'How will she talk to us? Didn't she leave this planet with the others?'

Now she took the water in her hands, though watching the priest for an answer.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:05 pm

Derrik stopped short. "Uh... what ARE we looking for, exactly?" That had been spoken in english, to the group at large. After a moment, he began by signing, >Well, anything relating to the advent of the 'gods' to start with... and yes, we can swim. Some of us, anyways.<

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:32 pm

The priest gave an apologetic smile.

'Apparently...'

He wasn't able to say much more, before all three of the women were cupping the water in their hands. Then a blue, shimmering aura surrounded their hands, and then floated out, braiding into a shimmering cord which then extended over their heads, then formed into an ethereal outline of Ylliana's features, her hair outlined in blue light which surrounded them like a semi-translucent veil.

All three offworlders were screened, shielded from the sight of the priest, and him from theirs, with Ylliana's immense eyes filling their vision.

"...hello again, lady traveller," she greeted Candice, then attention turning to the other two.

"Try something about when their gods left," replied Calvin to Derrik, looking about the library with narrowed eyes. "Whatever that they thought were gods may hav left something, or some clue about how they got off the planet."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:11 am

>Particularly about when the gods departed.< Derrik refined it. >And also, do you have a list of all of them? What they look like, what they're known for, and such?<

The last two questions were added with his bizzare dreams in mind.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:40 pm

Kyoko stared at the 'goddess' with a look of awe and confusion. She looked over to Ake-chan then Candice. "So... are you going to explain why we are here, or whats going on?" She wasn't exactly sure if she could understand her, so she made the hand motions as well, unless of course she had to keep holding water.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:39 pm

(OOC: Incidentally, Sylavi may ALSO be eventually dropped if Xia won't FARKING POST.)

Kyoko could feel a gentle pressure about her hands, keeping them in place, although it wasn't strong enough to keep her from moving if she really wanted to.

"As much as I can. I'm afraid that it was our doing that brought you here— your craft about our planet... we have been gone from this world for over centuries, and only recently returned. Our war with the demons has been going... badly. And we assumed that you were some sort of pursuit."

She looked extremely apologetic, eyes diminishing until her entire face was in readily visible view again, though her hair continued swirling about them in a screen.

"As far as I can tell, the demons assumed you were some divine reinforcements, and acted accordingly. K'lorn was able to at least give you a— not safe, but 'safer' landing. We are still very weak, compared to what we once were."

Ylliana's face was solemn, most likely at the admission of a deity— or even a being with great powers who was believed to be a deity by both herself and an entire world— being 'weak'.

'Ah, you wish to find— hold on a little bit then, please. Come with me. It's one of the sections more towards the interior. I can tell you a bit about the gods on the way, though. Most of it's fairly common knowledge.

'K'lorn is the god of the wind and sky, with short pale hair and a strong build, while our lady Yameli, the goddess of the sun and moon, wears shifting veils of light and shadow.

'Tristian reigns over fire, and he is dark of skin, with flames for hair. His skin reminds me a bit of that other woman that came with you,' added the woman, referring to Tanake.

'Kami is our goddess of earth and nature, with vines growing on her hair, and last is our lady Ylliana, whose dominion is the waters. She has blue skin, with silver and green hair— here's the section of shelf, now. Just need to find the scrolls or books you need now.'

She proceeded to do so, skimming over the shelves competently while continuing her stream of signals with one hand.

'Of course, they have left our world long ago to combat the demons, but their power is still felt here. Their point of departure was somewhere in the northern mountains...'

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 9/28/03 12:10 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:10 am

'You have been trying to contact me in my dreams.' Said Candice, doing a good job of hiding her feelings of "What the fuck?" at this conversation . 'Was it to tell me what you have just told us now? And why me?'

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:46 am

Kyoko looked over at Candice again, not feeling all that good about this. "I have a question as well, how could you gods be weak?" She was paused, "Also just how strong are these demons that they would give gods trouble?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:33 pm

"Trying to get you out of the war zone," replied Ylliana to Candice wearily. "You were the first of the otherworlders to visit my shrine by the stream, and I expended most of my energies to form a link with you. You are not followers of mine nor any other god, and should have neutrality— safety, for at least a small while. And if you could leave— perhaps you could prepare other worlds for resistance, if the demons triumph here."

Her hair continued swirling, and they could feel a slight lethargy about them, Tanake shaking her head slightly to get rid of it, though their captain's hands didn't waver from cupping the water.

"Our war with them has been going on for centuries, and the demons outnumber us significantly. The fighting takes a toll upon us, though at least we have eliminated most of the minor ones," Ylliana continued, now answering Kyoko with a sad smile.

"Our remaining foes are also weakened, although they still possess enough strength to make the outcome of our battles uncertain."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:41 pm

'What is the nature of these daemons? Maybe we could help in some way?' Candice asked. She felt a peculiar affinity to the water goddess, and sympathy for her plight.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:01 am

>Demons?< It's not possible for a hand motion to seem incredulous, but Derrik's face, at least, should show anyone he was finding all of this hard to believe.

SALSAlys

Myew. So many PCs have dropped.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:42 pm

"Perhaps. Some of your equipment is unfamiliar to this world, which may give the advantage of surprise, at the very least. It would still be much safer for you and your companions to simply leave this world, rather than become embroiled in our affairs. The demons number illusion, shapeshifting, and deception among their powers, and they would take much greater interest in you than before."

Tanake was silent through this, dark eyes watching the goddess, although her face was immobile.

Glancing back at his face, the scholar gave a light, bubbling laugh.

'You do not believe in demons? They are the opponents of the gods, although also gifted with powers. Trastia, for example, is a mistress of illusion, and Konner's very touch means sickness and death.'

Saying so, she pulled forth a scroll from the shelf, and carefully unrolled it, lips pursed slightly as she searched through it.

'This scroll gives some more details about the departure of the gods, although I'm afraid it's in a rather archaic form. I'll need to look in it a bit more; do you have any other questions?' She had set the scroll on a table, hunched over it with one hand supporting her while the other signalled to Derek, glancing up at him.

ArgusDevilmen

Myew Indeed....

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:27 pm

Kyoko smiled when the goddess said that some of their equipment might be able to help them. "So that means I can fire my baby at these demons?" For such a serious subject, she seemed to be a bit more relaxed know this small bit of information.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Myew Indeed....

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:56 pm

>Not for now.< Derrik signed back.

SALSAlys

AIYAH.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:50 pm

(OOC: Right, officially, Xia and Sylavi are dropping from the RP, at least temporarily, although I am not absopositively certain about this. -.o;; Aiyah. Down to three players.)

Indeed, Sylavi had disappeared, likely going to a temple of her own patron, the god of fire, once seeing the travellers safely to their destinations.

"Your... child?" A momentary look of confusion, and then Ylliana shook her head slightly. "Ah. You mean your weapon. I have yet to see it in action, but perhaps."

The librarian took a few minutes looking through the scroll, fingers tracing over slightly faded, curved symbols which were written in an ink which had an odd sheen-like patina to it even when dry.

Eventually, she glanced up again, and brushed back a braid.

'Directly translated, it states "In the northern citadel of frost and snow lay their ship to journey among the stars, a ship which breathed flame and roared like the terrors of the sea. Embarking with K'lorn's grace and Tristian's might to power their departure, and Yameli's veils shielding them from their foes, it came to life and lit into the air, screaming into the sky." That is there actual departure, although it doesn't give a precise location as to where it was, it mentions an icy plateau with a narrow pass winding up to it.'

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: AIYAH.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:26 pm

'So what should we do?' Candice asked. 'How can we get to safety?'

JoshuaDurron

Re: AIYAH.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:37 pm

"So we need to head north," Derrik muttered. "But which way do they call 'north'?" He decided to go about asking from a different tack.

>Are there any places associated with the departure? Shrines, or the like?<

SALSAlys

So this is alive again. And lurching.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:24 pm

Ylliana closed her eyes briefly, before opening them again.

"The northern mountains still hold enough power for us to send you safely home in a shell similar to your own ship, if you'd be willing to travel further. You would need to follow the coast for a ways before ascending, a pass—"

She was silent, apparently thinking.

"Or would you prefer me to mindshare with you? It would be simpler showing than speaking."

'Ah, there is an old temple to K'lorn mentioned, although I doubt it's still maintained. A temple near the entrance to the pass, a few days from the sea,' replied the scholar with one hand, peering over the scroll.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Yes, I've been practicing necromancy in my spare time.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:45 pm

'I don't mind if you do.' Responded Candice. 'I don't know if Tanake and Ryoko are comfortable with it, though.'

ArgusDevilmen

Re: Yes, I've been practicing necromancy in my spare time.

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:48 pm

Kyoko grimaced. "Gomen, but I don't want my mind being shared with anyone...." She stated this matter of factly, because she just didn't like the way it sounded.

SALSAlys

*wuvvles Rossky*

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:07 am

Tanake shrugged.

"I also have no objections."

"Very well. Then I'll be mindsharing with you two, then... Please wait a moment."

A cool tingle could be felt across all of their faces, and then, like a chill tide, Candice could feel an odd presence in her mind, and from Tanake's expression of momentary surprise, the same was happening to her.

Cold, and an odd view of the land that was both aerial, but strangely enough, also from the ground, a week's journey along the coast being compressed into a few moments of memory, then towards a temple of razored feathers which glinted in the cold light of the sun, reflecting scintillating rays onto a strange blend of ice and shadow, that wasn't quite tangible.

A dark-skinned man with hair that blazed with flames gestured towards a narrow path which appeared to disappear into a whirling storm of shards of ice and snow, and then inexplicably, the path melted, clearing out, and the view shifted, following it to a plateau, where the chill winds didn't reach, somehow, and there was a gleaming star shooting into the heavens....

The images flowed into Candice's mind, then as abruptly as they had arrived, they left, although they left her with residues; odd memories off the path, the trip, and the way they would have to travel if they wished to reach it, though they weren't precisely 'hers'; more like an echo of a memory.

JoshuaDurron

Re: *wuvvles Rossky*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:23 am

Derrik nodded. >Then that shrine would probably be the best place to start. Do you have a map telling how to get there, or any such thing?<

Blaze Yamato Spirit

*wuvvled and is happy*

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:43 am

For Candice, at least, this level of intrusion into her mind was merely one step up from the dreams, so she was not as surprised as she might have been. Which is not to say the scout took it completely in her stride, either. She instinctively moved towards Tanake, who she imagined must be far more surpised than herself.

ArgusDevilmen

Re: *wuvvled and is happy*

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:20 pm

Kyoko looked at the Candice and Tanake, a small smile on her face. She didn't feel like making any comments right now, so she simply watched and waited for the two of them to finish whatever they were doing.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:47 am

The goddess smiled faintly at Tanake, Candice, and Kyoko, then began fading.

"I'm afraid I expended as much of my power here as I dare to, for now— farewell, and let the tides fill your dreams."

Once the goddess faded, Tanake spilt the water from her hands back into the basin, moving closer to Candice and rubbing her forehead slightly.

"That was.... odd," she commented, appearing to be trying to sort out her mental images.

The priest near them, meanwhile, was looking at them, avid curiousity on his face; apparently he hadn't 'heard' a word of what Ylliana had told them.

'I am afraid we do not have maps,' the woman signed apologetically, then appeared to rethink it.

'We do have some maps of the general area, but none of them show a pass, although there are a few old temples on them.'

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:42 am

Candice rid herself of the water in her own cupped hands, too, then wrapped an arm around Tanake.

'Yeah, just a little. Are you okay?'

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs