Starfall

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Back again, whew...

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 05, 2003 6:16 am

Phillipe arrived just in time to see the others throw themselves to the floor.

"<span style="color:gray;">What th...</span>" He managed before the fireball hit.

Luckily enough, he wasn't so close that he got burned, but his already dirty face was now completely covered in black soot.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 05, 2003 9:34 am

Derrik scrambled up as soon as the heat had faded, grabbing his kit and hurrying towards the hole. The fist thought on his mind was that something had exploded within the ships power distribution grid, blowing part of it up. If that was true, the entire ship was in danger of falling appart around them.

The second thing he thought of was what the voice had said, but he dismissed it hurridly. The third thought, inspired bythe second, was that something on the outside, whether natural or 'man' made, could have caused this as well, in which case sealing the hole might be a good idea. Regardless, nothing would be discovered by not investigating. Of course, it might have been a good idea to ask for permission from the captain, but by now Derrik's old survival instincts were in full sway, and the thought had not entered his mind.

In a moment, Derrik stood in the gaping hole, looking over first the charred circutry and hull plating, and then around the exterior of the vessel, to see what there was to see.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon May 05, 2003 10:06 am

Sylavi took a few deep breathes, she had done it, she had hurt the container of the gods.... and it did not seem to have hurt anyone.. but how could she know? She found herself stepping towards the melted hatch, and peering inside, but not going in.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon May 05, 2003 12:24 pm

"<span style="color:gray;">Mon dieu...</span>" Phillipe sighed as he tried to brush away the last of the soot from his face.

"<span style="color:gray;">What happened? Did you decide to just blow a hole and...</span>" He trailed off. He thought he saw...

A girl? But that's impossible, they must be millions of miles from Earth...

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon May 05, 2003 2:32 pm

Kyoko stood up flailing her arms, "Baka! Baka! whoever did that was a complete BAKA!" She placed her hands on her hips and blinked seeing a girl. "Nani? Ake-chan? Is this planet suppose to have people on it?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=argusdevilmen>ArgusDevilmen</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/5/03 2:33:23 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 05, 2003 8:04 pm

Derrik, on the other end of the melted hatch, folded his arms and starred back at the alien woman. "Caaaptain? I think we have a problem." He called, not taking his eyes of the person on the other side of the now melted hatch.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon May 05, 2003 9:14 pm

At the sight of the crew Syalvi dropped to her arms and knees, lowered her head, her feathery feelers recoiled a bit, wrapped around her head.

What to say what to say, what to SAY!? What if she had angered them.. what if by apologizing she would mearly add to her punishment?

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 5/5/03 9:18:21 pm

SALSAlys

Aiyah.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon May 05, 2003 9:18 pm

(OOC: Right, the arpee will be unpaused very soon, so I'm making a quick establishment post here, so things don't get too out of whack... I'll be changing the thread title when it's OFFICIALLY unpaused.)

I really have NO farking clue what's going on anymore, Tanake thought sourly, one hand on her raygun. The girl looked harmless enough, though...

"I don't think so, Kyoko," she said softly, watching Sylavi.

Calvin just glared at the cowering priestess with an expression of utter loathing, then marched forward quickly, causing a small yelp of surprise from Jenni as he shoved her out of the way. Grabbing the Eyallan's shoulder, he yanked her up to his eyes, her alien black meeting a fierce blue gaze. Her eyepieces almost fell off from the sudden movement.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?" he snarled.

For any person confronted with a seemingly unreasonable hatred, the hatred is disconcerting enough.

For a priestess who had studied the old books of the gods of Ilasar...

Calvin's blonde hair was no longer slicked back, tousled and mussed from the crash as much as his early sparring match with Jon, at first glance matching the "wind-swept snow" description in early texts of the god K'lorn, lord of wind and sky. The superficial resemblance was enhanced by Calvin's blue eyes and pale skin, as well as his dark uniform.

Tanake let out a loud, violent swear word, one that caused the already flustered Jenni to turn bright pink, before the captain slapped Calvin on the back.

"You are out of line, soldier," she said cuttingly. Calvin growled, but released Sylavi as suddenly as he had grabbed her, letting the priestess fall limply to the ground.

From her new perspective, Sylavi could observe that Calvin really was less like the wind god than he had first appeared; for one thing, his ears were round, not pointed, and his uniform didn't exactly match the god's description.

A quick skim over the rest of the crew showed that none of them bore any such odd likenesses to her deities, although the captain, with her dark skin, bore a momentary resemblance to Tristian, the god of fire.... but other than being the wrong gender, her hair also lacked the distinctive "head of flames".

If she cared to stretch a point, the round ears of these newcomers might even resemble Kami's, but...

A few possibilities trickled to her mind; these could be the descendents of the gods, although horribly changed from what they originally were, or—

Something totally new.

And she couldn't make head or tail of their language... a system of odd noises, not like the telepathy of her kind, or even the hand-signals of the Myrria.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 6/30/03 12:07 pm

Dark Xia

Re: Aiyah.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:35 pm

>Forgive me! Forgive me! Forgive me!<

The crew could hear these lines being repeated over and over in their minds.

In the mean time Sylavi cowered in front of them, breathing heavily, she dared to take a look back into the eyes of the one that had grabbed her. Rounded ears... Kami? Were they mized descendents of all the gods...

<span style="font-size:xx-large;">Please forgive me.</span>

No, no, she must compose herself, the gods wouldn't listen to some cowering being. She quickly got into a kneeling position.

> Earth, mother Kami<

Her feelers pointed North as did one of her hands.

>Fire, my lord Tristan<

Her feelers then pointed South, as did her other hand.

>Wind, Master K'lorn<

Her Feelers and hand went east.

>Water, lady Ylliana<

Finally they pointed west.

>Hear me my lords, I sincerely apologize for my actions, know that I am your servant, and shall repay my mortal foolishness at any cost, please spare me your wrath.<

Though her speech was certainly more composed, phsyically, she was still sweating.

Sh

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 6/30/03 11:13 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:20 pm

Kyoko practically fell down from the over dose of the forgive me's but groaned and clung onto her bag. She blinked and walked over to the confused priest and kneeled down by her.

"Uhh.... There's no need to cower Miss. We... " She paused and glanced over at Calvin, "Well I at least mean you no harm." She smiled at her.

"Now stop groveling like that, its just not right." Kyoko offered her hand to Sylavi, so she could pull her up.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:23 pm

Derrik's first impusle was to laugh at the odd ceremony the girl... thing seemed to go through. He got the feeling it was highly ritualistic, but other than that he didn't know enough to make anything but the most speculative guesses. "Well... she certainly seems harmless enough," he ventured. "What do you think we have here, captain?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:48 pm

What by the 4 elements were these sounds, obviously communication, but there had been nothing written about any sort of thing in the texts.

She looked up at the feminine figure, at her hand. She was demanding an offering. But what did Sylavi have? Her mind came up blank at first, then she realized she hadd her jewel.. but to get it out she would have to...

She obediently, lowered her head, and raised her arm to her chest. sudenly the strands that the chest was embedded on light up, some of the ribbons fell away, and the red jewel into her hand. The fires extinguished, and she pressed her arm over the burned away ribbons, holding the top together, her other hand placed the jewel into Kyoko's hand.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 7/1/03 12:52 am

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:27 am

Kyoko stared at the jewel placed in her hand, if this was on of her favorite Tv shows she would have fallen over in surprise, but she had to make due with a chuckle.

"Um Ake-chan? We don't have any type of launguage translation thing do we? I think we reallllyyy need something like that right now."

She glanced back at the jewel looking it over a bit. While she waited fro a response from the captain.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:43 am

Tanake shook her head. "No translations.... and how the hell would it WORK? She doesn't make any real NOISE. We can understand her, but it's like she only uses thoughts... what the hell is this?"

Eduardo spoke up mildly. "Telepathy."

"Which shouldn't exist. No possible RATIONAL explanation," said Calvin heatedly.

"She just created flame to offer that jewel to Kyoko," the crippled physician pointed out. "For all we know, there might be some natural laws we haven't discovered yet, or something about the properties of this planet that would create what we'd call 'magic'. People used to believe it was impossible to travel the stars, too."

Tanake just ignored the two debating, glancing back again.

"She seems friendly enough," said the captain softly.

Not harmless though. Not with being able to get FIRE....

"...we REALLY need to set up a way to communicate though."

Sighing slightly, she thought. She was pretty good at picking up languages, and even hand signals, but there was a difference between learning and teaching... and it seemed likely they would have to teach, unless they could learn to do that mind trick.

"Anybody have any ideas?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 7/1/03 4:11 am

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:29 am

Derrik instantly replied with a basic fact that had been drilled into him over and over again at school. "Math is a universal language."

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:45 am

Sylvai kept her head lowered, would they accept her gift? She continued to blush faintly, holding the upper part of her outfit to her chest still. What would she do, she ddin't have any replacement garment with her.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 7/1/03 2:47 am

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:30 am

Candice had been silent up 'til now, gazing at this creature with an expression at turns awed, fearful, and full of hate, as she tried to determine how she should feel. She had an idea that she should have reacted like Calvin, that not do to so was to betray the memory of her parents...

...but this alien didn't look anything like those damned bugs, and surely it couldn't be fair to group all aliens under the same banner.

'She needs a change of clothes, Captain. Do I have permission to take her somewhere private and give her some of mine?'

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:32 am

Phillipe looked from the strange girl to the others.

"<span style="color:gray;">Mon dieu...</span>" He said again with a sigh. "<span style="color:gray;">I don't trust this girl, not at all. Take someone else with you if you're going.</span>" He looked at Candice, "<span style="color:gray;">And these.</span>" He tossed her a pair of small handguns.

Then he turned his attention back at the strange girl. "<span style="color:gray;">Hmm...</span>" He mumbled as he lit another cigarette, blowing the smoke in her direction. "<span style="color:gray;">I wonder how she is able to speak to us like that... telepathy or not, there must be a physical reason for it.</span>"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:09 am

"Right, we can teach her all about trigonometry and then talk about other things. NICE," Calvin remarked sarcastically.

Tanake ignored Calvin, nodding slightly to Phillipe.

"Edmund, go check the doctor's medical books. There might be something there... physiology, something." Too bulky to really be useful, they had been left inside.

The scout nodded, then went inside the ship. Eduardo made as if to follow, but Tanake gently tugged on the back of his wheelchair. "You're staying with us, doc."

If only to be a cool head to counter Calvin.

"Good idea though, Candice. And Phillipe. Jenni, go with Candice and.... the girl. Come back quickly." Tanake then snorted. "If nothing else, I can take inventory of our supplies here."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:04 pm

Candice looked at the pistols, then handed them to Jenni.

'I have my stunner with me.'

She shouldered her bag and then approached the alien, taking her hand without comment and gently tugging her away from the group.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:08 pm

Sylavi stumbled to her feet as she was tugged, unsure of what this meant, whether he was leading her to her doom, or something else, she didn't dare resist.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:45 pm

Jenni also followed, somewhat awkwardly holding the pistols.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:39 pm

Kyoko blinked and took a few steps more way from the ship looking around the terrain.

"Sure is pretty..."

She sighed and looked around thinking about that girl and still looking over the jewel she had given her. "It doesn't seem right to act so hostile to her. She seems to mean us no harm at all..." She was quite possibly out of sight as she was wandering a bit around where the ship had crashed.

JoshuaDurron

I didn't say it was easy to talk with math...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:35 pm

Derrik just gave a shrug in reply to Calvin's comments, then turned back to the captain. "A suggestion, captain. We should set priority on finding a safer place to stay at, and setting up shelter. Oh, and one other thing... if there's one alien, there's more. She was wearing jewelery, clothes, ect. There's got to be someone she got them from, one person isn't likely to be able to have all the skills to do all that."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: I didn't say it was easy to talk with math...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:26 am

Candice stopped at the first room that still had a working door after the crash and led Jenni and the alien inside. Letting go of Sylavi's hand she removed her pack from her shoulder, placed it on the floor, knelt, and opened it up. A spare jumpsuit lay on the top of the contents, and Candice removed it and handed it to Sylavi, before pointing at the one she herself was wearing, then at the one in the priestess' hands, then at Sylavi herself.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:55 am

>Thank you, my lady.<

She bowed, her feelers also lowering themselves.

She paused for a moment. Perhaps she could at least learn her names in their speech? But she dared not ask anything of them, even their names.

She let go of her burned garment, letting some of the loose material fall away. She looked in Candice's eyes once, a slight blush creeping up no her face as she removed the rest of her garments, and with a moment of hesistation, slippd on the suit, the feeling of the material very odd to her.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:27 am

My lady... That's a good one.

Candice had watched without a trace of embarassment - she wasn't about to turn her back on a potentially dagerous alien.

She's embarassed... Maybe these aliens are going to be okay. I'm pretty sure those bugs couldn't feel embarassment...

As soon as Sylavi finished changing Candice took her hand again, with the intention of leading her back to the others.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:59 am

As her hand was taken she took another look at her damaged outfit, did they want her to leave it there? Would they throw it out? Would they feel insulted if she did not leave her cast off garment here? Would they be insulted if she asked?

Sylavi turned her head back to Candice, with a questioning look, the nervousness obvious still.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:40 am

Candice followed Sylavi's gaze to the alien clothing on the floor.

'Oh! Okay...' She bent down and picked up the garment, then straightened and handed it to Sylavi. 'I'm not sure why you'd want to keep it, but it's your choice.'

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:20 pm

Bowed again, clutching the old garments to her chest. She couldn't understand her words, but Sylavi could guess that she was critizing her wish to keep the garments. When she straightened herself from the bow she kept her head tilted downward slightly, and waited to be lead towherever they wished to take her next.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:08 pm

Jenni, for her part, had blushed slightly and turned her head away, though still cautiously watching out of the corner of her eye. She walked back outside with Candice and Sylavi.

Tanake nodded at them approvingly, meanwhile taking a quick mental tally of what supplies they had with them, then hefted Kyoko's bag slightly. The pilot would logically be packing clothes, but—

Hn? It felt oddly heavy.

Curious now, the captain opened the bag, shifting the clothing slightly.

Edmund, meanwhile, had returned with the doctor's textbook of human physiology, although from his expression as well as Eduardo's, they doubted they would find anything useful in there. Jenni drifted over to them curiously, just as Tanake discovered their pilot's rather large energy weapon.

"KYOKO!"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

o,o

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:03 pm

Philippe stared as the three walked away and then turned his attention back at the captain. However, his attention shifted as he heard Derriks statement.

"<span style="color:gray;">More of them?</span>" He took a deep breath of his cigarette and blew the smoke from his nostrils. "<span style="color:gray;">I'm itching to get off this ship,</span>", he wiped his goggles slightly with his sleeve, "<span style="color:gray;">And I suggest we send someone out to explore. I volunteer, but I doubt I should go alone. If we'd been able to let her understand what we're talking about, things would be simpler.</span>"

"<span style="color:gray;">Of course, speaking as a weapon mechanic, my voice in this doesn't really count, eh?</span>"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:11 pm

Kyoko flinched as she heard her name being called and scrambled back to the ship looking around and finding the captain with her bag she felt a sense of dread. She put on her best smile and calmly just said,

"Um... Yes Ake-chan?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:48 pm

Tanake glanced at Phillipe, and nodded slightly. Very slightly.

"Candice. Edmund. Check the area, get a feel for the terrain. The type of wildlife around here."

Then her full attention was back on the pilot.

"Just WHY do you have a weapon that only authorized personnel are supposed to possess?" The captain's tone was calm, but with a hint of steel.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 7/3/03 7:53 pm

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:55 pm

"But Ake-chan! Its not just a weapon!" She realized how odd this might sound and chuckled nervously, "Well um you know how you like girls Ake-chan?" Kyoko began to twiddle her thumbs a bit embarrassed now, "Well I like guns in that way! You know, kinky fetishes and all?"

She smiled, "And I just couldn't leave my baby home! I just had to bring it along~! I promise I won't shoot anyone!" She looked at the captain with her best puppy eyes in hopes she would understand.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:59 pm

Tanake blinked.

There was a long pause.

Whatever gods exist, I hope she's joking.

The captain chased away unpleasant mental images. "....right. Normally, I should be on your case for something like this, but this could be damn useful. You have any energy charges for it?"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:22 pm

Kyoko walked over to her bag and rummaged around it it for a bit. "It should be under my underwear...." She moved some of her under wear aside and pulled out one of the three energy cells. She looked at her underwear and blushed a bit as the captain was still watching, but tried to ignore it.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:25 pm

...now I can actually say I've seen the girl's panties. Tanake bit her tongue to refrain from saying anything that would betray her somewhat perverse sense of humor, going to examine the cells.

"Only three? Keep them rationed, then. This could be our best weapon for dealing with... whatever. You know how to use this thing?" Another unpleasant mental image. "In combat, I mean?"

ArgusDevilmen

We are wombats!

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:33 pm

Kyoko stood up quickly, "Of course I know how to use my baby! In fact I practiced with it every day back home! Oh yeah.. Just me and my baby shooting round after round of pure energy...." Kyoko shivered, then looked at Ake-chan blushing.

"Oh uh Gomen Ake-chan... Hai, I do."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=argusdevilmen>ArgusDevilmen</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/3/03 8:36 pm

SALSAlys

Re: We are wombats!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:40 pm

Tanake had the somewhat distant look on her face again. Again, disturbing mental images were being shoved back.

"...right. I think you know how to use your baby better than anybody else, so you should still be in charge of it. ONLY use it if we really need it, though. Those charges are precious."

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs