Angels Fall First (Closed freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
FlamingDeth

Scott recieves bonus points for introspective stuff.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:25 pm

Renetta searched the area, unaware that she was being watched. Really, though, she had no reason to think she was...Samantha didn't exactly stand out from the crowd, such as it was. However, despite her uniterupted investigation, Renetta found nothing of interest as far as Boomer construction was concerned. The parts lying about all indicated that they were made out of your standard mechanical components.

Upon ariving at the periodicals, Eclair found that while it certainly wasn't an every day occurance, rogue Boomer incidents were happening more and more frequently. She also noticed that information was sparse...it wasn't as tight as it could be, as rogue Boomers weren't reduced to urban legend as they were in some places, but someone was definately making sure the articles stayed small, out of the way, and generally uninformative. She would have to look elsewhere for further information.

"Ooh!" said Trixy, marveling at the picture that Rebecca gave her. "Another girl! I'm begining to think you like 'em more than you like guys..."

Nevertheless, she scanned in the picture of Renetta, and the computer begin searching the records. "Hmm...Renetta Evanson, no listed occupation, no permanent address, no permanent phone number, no permanent mailing account. Seems you got yourself some kinda hobo!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 2/23/04 5:27 pm

JoshuaDurron

*offended reaction*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:42 pm

Eclair made her way casually to the periodicals, and began dredging through the papers for the last month or so, looking for mentions of boomer incidents and the like, trying to pin down how frequently they were happening, if they happened frequently at all, and if there was any pattern to their going rouge.

Choark

Cool! Do I win a bike!?!

Unread postby Choark » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:03 pm

Trixy got an playful punch to the sholder for the liking girls crack. "Why? Hoping I'm available?" she responded.

But Rebbecca was rather taken aback by the lack of anything the photo girl had to her name. Talking of names, what was it again? Renetta? Evanson... She made sure to remember it

"Is there nothing else on file then? I mean, like, are we talking a picture perfect record or what?" It would probably be pushing a little too far to start asking for family members addresses and more then a little creepy too. Just who was this girl Roldo had take an interest in?

Jak Snide

She's a "drifter!" Big difference :{

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Leaving the pieces where they lay, Ren turned her attention to the surroundings. The boomer sure had done a fair bit of damage, although she doubted that the destruction would gleam anything interesting. Apparently it'd be a slow day after all.

Allowing herself a consolatory cigarette, she headed back to the exit, contemplating browsing the papers for jobs again.

JoshuaDurron

Re: She's a "drifter!" Big difference :{

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:06 pm

Eclair contemplated her newspapers for a moment or two, weighing evidence, and turning thoughts and ideas over in her head.

Not enough evidence to go on. Need more, but don't have it. Perhaps I should look closer to the original source. Police records are kept at the courthouse, or the police station. Which is it? Damn, I can't remember...

Eclair rocked back in her chair for a moment, then pulled out a quarter. Heads, to the courthouse, tails to the police station. *ting*

Tails.

Eclair got up and proceeded with resolve to the door of the library, then into the streets beyond, headed towards the local precinct.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Drifter, hobo, same thing!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:12 am

Samantha decided she had seen enough, and moved in to take action. Trying not to be too obvious about what she was doing, she approached Ren as casually as she could manage. Thinking her words out carefully before hand, she finally made her final move.

"You know alot about this kinda stuff? Boomers and all that?"

FlamingDeth

Hobo, and Scott wins...pocket lint!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:00 am

Rebecca's coworker grinned back over her shoulder. "Naw, wouldn't be able to get past the cigarettes."

"Anyhow..." Trixy said, her eyes returning to the screen. "...a few traffic violations, but nothing recent, and nothing local. Seems she at least tries to stay clean. Won't go out with crooks, eh?"

Eclair set off from the library to the nearest police station, which happened to be the very one that Rebecca was at. The situation looked very similar to the library; that is to say, not particularly busy.

Choark

I shall love and cherish it and put it in nappies...

Unread postby Choark » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:14 am

"Got to be as squeaky clean as a babies back side, naturally." Rebbecca sang out. "Ah, well if she had any jobs on record give me a small print out of her last one and that'll be that."

Well she at least found something but it wasn't much really. Only that its going to be hard to keep track of her considering she doesn't have anywhere to stay. Sheesh what is she going to do tonight with no....

Then a small bulb lite up in her head. If she didn't have any home to go to she was going to have to check in at some hotel sometime soon. Unless of course she skips town but if she does that then it was probably never meant to be. Well it would be something to do later, or get Roldo to do it. Hopefully she'll stay in some automatic automated legal hotel.

"Is there anything to actually report? Any buzz happening around the station or new explosive cases?" Rebbecca asked without much hope coming back to the now.

Jak Snide

I'll hobo you :{

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:11 pm

Taking the surprise of being approached in her stride, Renetta glanced around at the stranger.

"Not anything beyond common knowledge. Just came in here to see if I could grab anything that'd tell me more, but no luck. Who's asking, anyway?"

The thought that this woman might be a plain clothes cop crossed her mind, but she was confident she could outrun her if that was the case.

Shinigori V2

Re: I'll hobo you :{

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:08 am

"The name's Samantha. And I figured you were at least a bit interested in this kind of stuff, if you were willing to look around after something like that had happened. So, why don't we get out of here, and you tell me exactly what you DO know?"

Not the smoothest of approaches by any definition of the word, but workable. All she really needed was to determine if this woman had potential.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:07 am

Ren felt ill at ease, but did her best to keep it hidden. The lady was trying to get her out of here and hadn't flashed a badge of any sort, so she probably wasn't the law. Of course, that meant she could be anything from an overly demanding, but otherwise normal, person, or something more.

Part of her wanted to decline and leg it, avoiding getting mixed up in an affair which had nothing to do with her. The other, stronger, part of her was demanding she follow and sate her curiosity. Samantha here probably knew alot more about this than she did, and new information was always welcome. If things turned out for the worst then, well, she was armed.

"Afraid the patrolling grunt will overhear? Okay, I'm game."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:17 pm

Eclair looked around the police station for a moment, trying to decide from looks who was the right person to ask about case files... after a few moments, she just approached the nearest cop and asked casually, "Excuse me, could I find the records of recent police reports here?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:17 pm

Samantha nodded and began leading Ren out of the area, to a place with a few less police officers, and almost devoid of people, if one could be found.

FlamingDeth

zomg title

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:45 pm

Samantha and Renetta found a location fairly easily, as the half of the parking lot nearest tot he incident, while not actually taped off, was still completely devoid of human presence.

"Last job seems to beeee..." Trixy said, waiting for the information to finish loading up on her screen. "A gas station attendant. One of those family owned businesses, the ones that can't afford boomers, it looks like."

The young man at the front desk glanced at Eclair.

"Probably could." he said. "What're ya lookin' for, exactly?"

Choark

Re: zomg title

Unread postby Choark » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:19 am

"Erg" Rebbecca said hearing the job. A family business at a station, what was Roldo going to use her for? Someone to fill up the suits in between missons? "Unleaded or Diesel?" She said, mostly to herself.

"I guess the day has been quiet then? No dreaded biker gangs running amok down town with only one lone super traffic cop to sort them out?" She added to this question a few over the top hand gestures as was her style.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:22 am

Eclair shrugged lazily, and tried to sound casual. "Anything regarding boomer incidents over the past month or so."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:04 pm

Glancing around, and seeing no one, Samantha resumed the conversation.

"So, what exactly do you want to know?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:18 pm

Finding a conveniant column to lean against, Samantha simply crossed her arms and smirked.

"Everything you know. Once I know what you know, I'll be able to tell you what I know without giving you information that you don't already have."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:16 pm

So I get nothing interesting out of this? Score.

Despite her annoyance, and suspicions that this Samantha had muddled her words, she kept her feelings to herself, and told her what she knew.

"Well, I know they're the up and coming replacement for the working class. They do the menial labor while we sit on our butts and kick back. Or just sink into poverty."

Common knowledge so far; even the stupidest hick knew what she'd stated so far.

"Stronger than we are, if I remember correctly, although I guess that differs depending on what they're built for. And then there's the entire "rogue" thing where they malfunction, change shape into some monstrous form and destroy, maim and kill anything in sight."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:00 am

Samantha nodded a bit.

"Anything else? Such as any protest groups you know of that oppose the use of the Boomers? Anything like that?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:03 pm

"You mean those armored women that showed up earlier? I'd heard a little about them before their performance today. I figure their either a Genom clean up squad, vigilantes or, as you said, a group who harbors a severe distaste for Boomers. What do you think?"

She was pretty certain that this woman had something to do with a dissident group, if not the one she'd seen in action earlier. Whether they were as she suspected or Genom employed was yet to be seen.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:33 pm

Samantha checked around quickly to make sure no one was within earshot, then lowered her voice quite a bit, now whispering.

"I think you were right with your second and third guesses. I'm a representative of that group, and I figure by now I can go ahead and tell you that we're interested in you."

Taking a casual step back, as if simply adjusting her weight, Samantha looked for a reaction.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:45 pm

Renetta did her best to hide her surprise, something that was proving remarkably hard for her. She'd never thought that this woman, whom she'd only met a bare few minutes ago, would be offering her a chance to join the group she saw earlier. For just a moment, dream like images of a secret, high tech base of operations swam through her mind, with her at the controls; resources she'd only dreamed about at her fingertips.

She quickly dismissed them. If this group knew anything about her, or even everything, then they'd know she was a simple drifter who took menial jobs and maybe had just a little resentment towards the Boomers that were eating up said job openings. They were probably just looking for a support base, probably nothing even remotely important. She wasn't going to decline, though. Not yet, anyway. She couldn't dismiss her hope that there was something for her in this offer. And no matter whether she accepted or declined, she could at least find out some more about this outfit.

Quickly wiping the surprised look off her face, she changed to an inquisitive one. If she looked interested Samantha here would most likely be more forthcoming with info.

"Tell me more about this group of yours."

FlamingDeth

Like the Catholic church!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed May 19, 2004 7:48 pm

Glancing at his screen for a few more moments, the police officer looked back to Eclair. "Well, for the past month we have about...two dozen, most of them just minor mechanical malfunctions. I'm guessing you want printouts of the official statements concerning them?"

"Oh, everyone is obviously getting into trouble when you aren't on duty." responded Trixy. "It's kinda a shame that it's been so quiet recentyl...well, except for the boomers. I guess the only real way to have job security as a cop these days is to be in the Boomer unit..."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 20, 2004 12:11 am

All the work, done for me. Not bad.

"That'd do nicely," Eclair replied. "Will there be a records fee?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu May 20, 2004 1:49 am

Sam lowered her voice a bit further- She didn't like the idea of anyone overhearing except her intended audiance. "Basicly...We step in when a boomer goes berserk and..." She stopped to clear her thought, then glanced around a bit to make sure there was no one in earshot. She knew it was a tad corny, but it was better to be safe than sorry. "...Deal with the problem."

Choark

Omg!

Unread postby Choark » Thu May 20, 2004 6:01 am

Rebecca just shook her head and shrugged. "Yeah, its also too bad that they don't managed to do anything about the boomer's either. All that tax payers money and..." And here she made her voice go deeper and pretended to hold a sign of some sort, and put on a comical angry face. "... 'We spend it on muscle bound army wannabe's who have more testosterone then brain cells!' "

The quote was from some T.V. interview of an official who was obviously not happy with the work done by the police. Rebecca wondered for a moment if the man still had a job anymore.

"Well thanks Trixy but gotta get to my job. We all know the world would erupt into choas without me making sure everyones cars were working properly."

Rebecca waved, walking backwards a bit, then headed to where she neded to go to get to her bike, to get traffic station.

FlamingDeth

Not quite subtle about it.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu May 20, 2004 4:12 pm

"Alright then, at fifty cents a report..." the young policeman worked out some math in his head, waving to Rebecca as she walked by the desk to get to her bike. "...all the Boomer incident reports for the past month work out to $12.50."

Choark

Alright Alright i'll make it.. Easier.

Unread postby Choark » Thu May 20, 2004 4:24 pm

Rebecca grinned as a playful spark ignited inside her over hearing what was being said at the desk. Waving back to the policewoman she came up behind the woman at the desk.

"...The public should be careful about looking into such things." She said over the ladies sholder, winking at the officer behind the desk as Rebecca drew in the other ladies attention (Eclair's). "Half of the mess the cops have to sort out after any 'boomer incedence' are the left overs of one or two nosey people wanting to see the thrill of The Evil Boomers!"

Rebecca was a police relations nightmare, though it was pretty easy to tell from her manner she wasn't trying to threaten anyone. The silly hand gester with the "Evil Boomers" helped.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 20, 2004 4:58 pm

Clearly she was nervous about her connection to this little outfit being discovered, Renetta reasoned. That meant there was someone who'd pay for such information. And they'd pay for more, provided she could get any more out of Samantha here. Which didn't seem likely, given her nervous disposition to discussing this matter in public. Seemed like she'd need to go further with this than she originally thought she would.

"I'm interested, but I'd like to know a bit more before I commit myself to anything. There somewhere we can speak without you glancing over your shoulder every other second?"

Ren hoped she'd be led somewhere important. If not, at least she'd be able to extract more information. And if things took a turn for the worse, she was perfectly willing to shoot and run.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Alright Alright i'll make it.. Easier.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu May 20, 2004 5:15 pm

Eclair rummaged in her purse looking around for some bills, addressing the girl who had come from nowhere and was now making comments about "Evil Boomers." "Well, I'm not terribly worried about it. I almost got squished by one earlier today."

The fencer grinned at the traffic cop as she handed over the required money. "You worried about having to clean up more civilians."

Choark

Lets a Go

Unread postby Choark » Mon May 24, 2004 9:58 am

Giving a small smile and talking a little more normally then her put on dramatic voice she had used earlier with her "be polite and considerate to the public" police training kicking in, if a little late mayhaps. "Only worried another civilian is wanting to seek thrills without understand how dangerous these things are..."

"Of course its not my job to deal with boomers." Rebbecca said with a touch of bitterness, depite what she does on her 'time off' "So it wouldn't be me mopping up you off the floor anyway."

"Then again I don't know of many civilians coming in and actually reading all of the reports..." Rebbecca suddenly had a thought cross her mind which clearly wasn't a pleasant one to her. "Are you a reporter of some sort?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Lets a Go

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon May 24, 2004 8:06 pm

Eclair seemed a bit puzzled by that question. "A reporter? No. Actually, I'm sort of between jobs right now. I have a few part time gigs, but nothing certain..."

With a concious effort, she pulled herself back to what she had come to do. She hadn't planned on answering too many questions, after all. "Just a concerned citizen."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue May 25, 2004 1:00 am

"Hmm...Not particularly." Samantha searched for somewhere she could go without revealing anything too important just yet. She decided maybe the best strategy would be to simply walk, and talk as quietly as possible. She jerked her head to the side as if to indicate "This way", and began walking, sticking her hands in her pockets.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue May 25, 2004 4:12 am

"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it too much." said the young policeman, unconciously undermining Rebecca's plan. "Civilians manage to get out okay most of the time. It's only the dumb ones that stick around instead of running that end up getting theselves hurt."

He turned his chair around, and began gathering up the papers as they came out of the printer.

"Yeah, Rebecca here just likes scaring people, I'd wager."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue May 25, 2004 8:10 pm

"Better than nothing" she thought, matching pace with Samantha and following her lead.

"How big is this organization of yours, anyway?" she asked casually.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue May 25, 2004 11:33 pm

Eclair smirked. "Scaring people, huh. Aren't cops supposed to make people feel safe?"

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed May 26, 2004 5:22 am

Rebbecca just shrugged, she had a few responces to this sort of thing, one being the bad cop with a short fuse and pulling out her gun and asking how safe they feel, but it was mostly for when she was out of uniform, and certainly not for when she was at head quaters.

"Well I've said my piece, what you do with them boomer files is up to you." And because she was techically a cop she added onto the end, "As long as its nice and legal of course."

She still stood there, looking like she was waiting for something. Which she was. She had decided that anyone wanting to look into Boomer files may be intrested in the job. She looks fit, like she does excerising of some sort regularly, which was a defiante bonus. Of course Rebecca wanted to find out about her before even mentioning anything of the sort to the woman. .. Oh yeah, she needed to know her name.

"So who's name shall I be looking out at the morge for?" Rebbecca inwordly shook her head. Of all things, looking for new recuits was not what she wanted to do. I mean aside from knowing this girl wanted to know about booomers she knew nothing of her.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed May 26, 2004 9:43 am

Eclair laughed at Rebbecca's question. "My name's Eclair Fisher. I'm certainly not planning to do much with these files. I'd need more than just information if I wanted to do something crazy with them..."

She let the phrase trail off. Why had she said that? It wasn't like she planned to go hunting them. For starters, she didn't have the resources with just part time jobs...

Choark

Well I got the name at least...

Unread postby Choark » Wed May 26, 2004 11:34 am

Rebecca laughed, properly, as she found Eclair a little amusing, more so as she almost looked confused as to what she had said. Rebecca made a mental note of the name. She couldn't do much now but after work the job'll be easy.

"From a 'cops' standpoint all the extra infomation you need to know is 'Run' when it happens and 'Phone for Help', those two things should see you through."

Rebecca then moved to get her bike, she didn't think she was going to be late, but then again the drive to be on time for her post wasn't great either. "Look after yourself."

And with that the overly 'friendly' traffic cop left Eclair, already searcher her pockets for a cigerrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs