Planewalker (Plane of Fire Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Darkphoenixfri13

Re: Stereo Type: *breaks*

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:51 pm

Caecilius woke up after hearing the call. He streched his wings, arms, and legs then looked outside and saw that it was day. " Ah, it seems like it is a beutiful day today. Hopefully it will stay that way. "

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Re: Stereo Type: *breaks*

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:12 pm

Myrii rolled over and yawned. He propped himself up with a wing, drowsily saying "I'm awake, I'm awake...", his eyelids feeling extremely heavy.

Angel of Fire

Come along now, sleepypeople.

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:12 pm

Raishilliah stood, chewing thoughtfully. Good. Everyone was awake. She had never actually traveled through the Gwiyri Mountains on foot before, and she was looking forward to it a great deal.

"All right, now that everyone is awake, we should be going soon. I do not fancy our chances of getting across the Gwiyri if we have to travel into the night. There is a good chance that we can make it across if we leave now." She sighed and looked to the mountains expectantly, excitement in her eyes.

Liah stood up and gathered her things before starting the trek into the hills.

LostDreamer

Re: Come along now, sleepypeople.

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:45 pm

A simple nod of the head and Charon followed suit with a final stretch. She picked up her bag and dug around till she found some greenery for breakfast as they started their treck across the mountains.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:10 am

Caina followed with nary a word, seemingly happy to be moving onward.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:49 pm

The trail was steep and rocky underfoot. There were places off the trail where the ground lifted into air bubbles. The whole mountain was black and dark brown.

As they began climbing up the mountain, Raishilliah pointed out a strange ridge at the top to stay away from. The group was climbing a range of extinct volcanoes.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:20 pm

"Ooooh, so pretty..." Siz murmured, taking in the sights of the landscape. "I wish I could paint, this would make for beautiful inspiration...hm...maybe a song..."

Angel of Fire

Now over to the left are the killer volcanoes of doom...

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:05 pm

Raishilliah smiled. She would have to try painting the Gywri some time... It really was beautiful. Although, she mused, it had a kind of dangerous beauty to it. Sharp rocks, gaping holes at the top of some of the mountains...

"Be careful at the top," she warned. "We do not want anyone falling in."

She pointed to the ridge at the top again, and those that had gotten closer would see a very very large opening.

Edited by: Angel of Fire  Image at: 9/25/03 4:22 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:21 pm

Caina nodded. She had no idea why people would go up there. Not as though it would expidate things.

"Maybe you can set an illusion to canvas?" Caina suggests to Siz.

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:02 pm

" Yes, this place looks very good for artistic inspiration," said Caecilius nodding. " So we should reach the top by when?"

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:04 pm

Myrii looked around, turning slowly, taking in all the sights. He was astonished at the amazing beuty of the mountains, watching the sun rise up through the clouds, small beams of light escaping through and shining onto him. He held up a wing to shade his eyes, then turned away, looking around at the group.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:09 pm

Raishilliah turned to Caecilius with an expression of annoyance and he-doesn't-get-it-does-he on her face.

"Talon, this is a mountain RANGE, need I remind you. We should reach the top of this in... about ten minutes, I would guess, but there is more than one mountain here."

She sighed and continued her climb, using the rocks as footholds.

"Do let me know when you want to rest, everyone."

The sun was blindingly bright, almost painful to even look behind them. One thing was for sure, unless they wanted to fall, going back was becoming less of an option all the time.

Edited by: Angel of Fire  Image at: 9/26/03 4:13 pm

LostDreamer

and were climbing right along...

Unread postby LostDreamer » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:42 pm

The small break to view the wondrous landscape was good enough for Charon. The other members of the party seemed to sum up the view just fine.

Taking a second quick look over the land, Charon began to climb on with Lilah.

Uncle Pervy

Re: and were climbing right along...

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:34 pm

Caina has little else to say, as she works her way around it. She was a bit amused that the particularly dishonorable one was beginning to wear upon the rest, though.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:09 pm

Raishilliah clambered a bit of the way up the mountain happily. They were finally moving again. It was glorious.

She simply smiled and began the incline.

The group was climbing up a rather rocky area. Black stones, most of them jagged and rough, covered the path and made the ascent a rather dangerous one.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:03 am

Caina amused herself by mentally naming all the stones she could recognize, and storing away the details of the ones she didn't recognize. But she kept the pace, and kept her ears sharp.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:24 am

About ten munutes later...

The group had almost reached the top of the mountain. They could now plainly see the pit at the summit. It seemed to go downwards forever into blackness. They would need to be very, very careful about that.

Off in the distance, they could see a whole range of mountains, with a slight pinkish red glimmer on what they could see of the horizon. The ocean was in sight.

Just then, there was a rushing sound heard from the pit, and an amber colored phoenix that was exceptionally tall and had blue eyes popped out of it like a cork.
"Wait, what are you doing here?" he asked.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:56 pm

"Traveling through," Caina answered. Her face becomes a bit concerned. "Did we tresspass upon your home? If so, please accept my humble apologies for dishonoring you, and I shall leave if you so desire."

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:48 pm

The phoenix shook his head.
"No, this isn't my home. I'm just a lava gatherer doing my job here. Traveling through? May I ask to where?"

He was holding a large silvery urn-like container with a symbol on it, which looked like a rod crossed with a sideways line. The lava rune.

"I take it that you were not at the meeting in the capital?" Raishilliah asked.

"No, I wasn't."

At that point they began to change languages to one that, most likely, Myrii would be the only one to know; the phoenix language.

*We are going to the Holy Plane to retrieve something. It is very important.*

*But... You do know that it's dangerous, right?*

*Of course. I just hope they are competent enough.*

*Hmm... do you think I could come along?*

*Well, you will have to ask them, too. But it is alright with me.*

At this, the phoenix turned to the group and stated, "I would like to come with you, if it's not too much trouble."

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:23 pm

Charon raised an eyebrow at the conversation in the phoenix's language. It always fascinated her to hear another's natural language. A smile played at her lips just listening to the speech she could not understand.

When the male turned to the group and asked his question, it took Charon a moment to collect herself and nod in response.

"I have no problem with another joining this venture," she replied simply.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:56 pm

Caina really didn't understand what was being said, but that didn't bother her at all. When she could comprehend, she simply smiled. "You wish to see the wonders of the Celestial Realm as well? Another honorable soul is always welcome."

Quietly, she pondered making room by freezing Talon's wings and pushing him in the pit. Surely they wouldn't miss him...

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:06 pm

"The more the merrier!" Siz chirped, smiling at the phoenix in a friendly manner. "Wow, you're tall! What is the urn for? Why would you gather lava?"

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:53 am

Myrii looked up towards the large phoenix. *Oh, We know it's dangerous,* he said, Happy to use his native tongue for once in a great while, *But it must be done.*

Deep in Myrii's mind, something seemed familiar about the large phoenix, but he could not quite put his finger on it.

Edited by: Halitosis the Hedgehog  Image at: 9/29/03 12:54 am

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:22 pm

The phoenix smiled and did a quick bow.

"Thank you. I am Yamna." He turned to Siz with a bit of puzzlement. She must not be familiar with this place...

"The urn is for collecting lava," and he showed her the contents, glowing scarlet with an almost painful light, "and we use it for crafting many things."

*I understand.*

Raishilliah smiled as well, happy to know that there was more help for them now.
"Now, shall we continue on?"
*We are going to one of the Walkers so that we may get to the Celestial Plane without problems.*

At this, the phoenix nodded and glanced at Myrii. It was a bit of a relief to find another one traveling with them, in his opinion.

Edited by: Angel of Fire  Image at: 9/29/03 6:13 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:46 pm

Magma crafting was a rare, but not unheard of, talent among Caina's people. A great deal more magic was involved, given their rather standard reaction to heat.

Continuing on, Caina looked at to Yamna and asks, "Have you any experience in the Celestial Realm?"

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:52 pm

Yamna shook his head.
"I, similarily to most of my race, have heard of the Celestial Plane. However, I have not been there." He paused.
"If you do not mind me asking, have you?"

And they traveled on, now coming to the other side of the mountain and traveling down into a small valley with mostly reddish orange shrubs. If one looked closely, they would see the salamanders lurking within their leafy enclosures.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:47 am

Caina gave them a glance every now and again as she picked her path. The little lizards were rather cute, in their scaly sort of way.

LostDreamer

and the ants go marching one by one

Unread postby LostDreamer » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:19 pm

The new comer seemed to fit right in, and the travel was splendid as the rocky landscape moved under Charon's feet. The lizards seemed to live with in their own microcosm.

"They are so beautiful, living their little lives. Life seems simpler for them." She said as they marched on toward their destination.

Angel of Fire

Re: and the ants go marching one by one

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:59 am

About four hours later...

The group had traveled for several hours already. To the side of one of the mountains there was a glimmer of gold and scarlet on the horizon. It looked to be lazily moving back and forth. The ocean was in sight!

Raishilliah smiled and gestured to the next mountain.
"After we cross this we should be almost to the ocean."

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:21 pm

"Wow," Myrii said, gazing at the ocean. "It's amazing we're already this far. I've never traveled with a group faster than this..."

Edited by: Halitosis the Hedgehog  Image at: 10/6/03 1:22 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:53 pm

Raishilliah nodded.
"We have been making very good time so far, Myrii, which is fortunate to say the least."

She gazed at the ocean, taking in the shimmery red, yellow, and pink ocean. It swirled slowly, almost as if in a whirlpool, and brought to mind something which she had been trying to ignore for the last four hours.
Liah was very, very thirsty.

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:49 pm

"The view is beautiful. I do hope the rest of the trip will be as beautifully peaceful as the ocean is from here." Charon added. She was beginning to feel her stomach yearn for food but she ignored the sensation wanting to cover more ground.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:14 am

Caina smiled at the sight. It would lovely to see an ocean whose contents were naturally that color. Dealing in mortal realms left her all too accustomed to the sight of blue seas made to look the same by the actions of the dishonorable.

Food wasn't much of a problem for her. Her provisions needed no cooking. Nor was water; conjuring a little ice and letting it melt worked very well in that regard.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:41 pm

"Oh look, Caina, the ocean is pink! How lovely!" Siz espoused, enraptured. "I'm liking this place more and more!"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:00 pm

"Isn't it?" Caina answers, grinning at Sizreina. "I wonder what it tastes like?"

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:06 pm

"Taste like? I never thought about it that way." Charon mused to herself with a puzzled look on her face with the new perspective on the landscape.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:22 pm

Yamna gazed apon the landscape rather pleasantly. It was rare for him to have a reason to come here, and the mere sight of it made him feel rather joyous.

"Miss Raishilliah? Are we going to fly over the ocean, or go another way?"

She smiled for a moment. Although it would be faster to fly, one of them, Caina, would be left behind. That was not an option, by any means.

"Yamna, not all of us have the gift of flight, as you remember..."

He nodded thoughtfully, and then frowned. A thought had appeared to him...

*Raishilliah, why did we not simply take this Kenaz to the Walkers?*

*He is one of the Erelni, as the doctors realized. The Gates knocked him unconscious, and our planewalking system differs from most. He would have died instantly, or left some of him behind. One resulting in the other, in this case...*

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:09 pm

Myrii glanced over to Caina. "I think I'll let you find out how it tastes before I drink any," He said, smiling.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:04 pm

"Oh, we'll worry about that when we get to it," Says Caina, giving Myrii a little grin. She noted that he didn't know about the water of his own homeworld. Presumably, then, such water was not common.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:15 pm

"I bet it tastes like cotton candy!" Siz chirped. "Miss Liah, the water is safe to drink, isn't it? What does it taste like? Is all your water like this?"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs