Planewalker (Plane of Fire Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
LostDreamer

Re: I'm back!

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:09 pm

Charon's head ached a little but she turned see was Lilah was talking about. Upon seeing the ice a small smile played across her face.
"That should work," and she pulled her blade from with in her cloak holding it out for the spell to placed on it, "will this sword work?" Walking toward her letting her examine the metal.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:19 pm

The spike of ice rose from the ground and speared half of the rather startled fire elemental. It made a choking kind of hiss and staggered. Half of it was quelled and it could barely stand up anymore. It leaned weakly to one side and tried to create another fireball. It made a weak roar as it found itself only able to create a dime sized ball. The fire elemental was losing.

It was then that Raishilliah made her move, discarding her previous one. Icing Charon's sword was a good idea, but not in this situation. She focused her energy on sending a ice bolt through the lower half of it, hoping to topple the fire elemental.

And nearly missed the entire creature, but still quenching the flames of its remaining "foot" and making it fall back, only to get back up again.

(It's almost gone! Quick, Talon, try to finish it off if you can)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:27 pm

Caina smiled. The elemental knew the price of dishonor. Perhaps it would be reborn and be able to learn from this mistake. Perhaps not; only Lord Mellewyn knew. She was pleased to see that the ground had not been damaged by her spell. It would be vexing to have to limit her magic any more.

Just in case, she prepared another spell.

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:56 pm

"Thank you Charon, I owe you." Cae picked up his scabbard, unsheathed his sword and inspected it. " Looks fine to me." He placed it back and put on the scabbard then set his sights to the weakened fire elemental.
"Time for a little bit of revenge heh heh." Caecilius leapt into the air and hovered over the elemental. His wings started to flap even faster and a whirlwind formed. It would surely hit the elemental. " Ha ha! Nobody burns me and gets away with it!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=darkphoenixfri13>Darkphoenixfri13</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/7/03 5:01 pm

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:29 pm

The whirlwind hurtled toward the fire elemental, but unfortunately, once it made contact it was blown over, making most of the whirlwind useless. A bit of its "head" was blown out, leaving it barely conscious. One more hit would probably destroy it.

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:18 pm

Dipping her sword back into her cloak she called out to Lilah, "Maybe we should move on and leave it be ... or will it follow us?"

Angel of Fire

Continue on, before we turn into burnt and crunchy nibbles.

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:35 pm

Raishilliah thought for a moment. If they moved fast, it was likely that they would be far enough away from the fire elemental before it gained consciousness.
Really no need to let it die... sometimes it goes back to its right mind once it recovers.

"Yes, Charon, it would be preferrable to leave. By the time it has regained consciousness, we will be far away. Come, let us go."

She gathered her sack up and started to leave, motioning for them to follow.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Continue on, before we turn into burnt and crunchy nibbl

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:53 pm

Caina paused for a moment. It had dishonored itself thrice over! How could they let it live? Such dishonor would have resulted in death three times over; anyone sane would have destroyed themselves for doing it.

Honor was forfeit, it could never be regained. Why suffer the dishonorable to harm nature and the honor further? But it was the wish of her host, whatever her own honor may be. Caina would not dishonor her host by ignoring this request for now. One need only honor the dishonorable for so long.

She began to follow, pondering what Sizreina thought of the situation.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:24 pm

Siz sighed with nerves and relief, happily following Liah and the others away from the injured fire elemental. She had to admit, she was rather glad they were leaving with the creature in one piece...so to speak. One thing she had never particularly liked about the typical way of the adventurer was the certain...disregard for life that most held. Sizreina made it a point to try to talk her way out of fights whenever possible...so much, in fact, that she had no fighting skills of note. Which, in turn, proved a second reason why she was happy to be leaving the elemental behind.

She was hoping they'd find a new place to rest soon. Her eyes burned with sleepiness.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:35 am

Myrii noticed a dissatisfied look from Caina. He Shrugged, and began walking with the group, his feathers glinting in the streams of moonlight emerging from gaps in the trees.

Walking along, Myrii noticed the trail beginning to get a little rougher than it was before. "Are we heading into the hills?", He thought to himself.

Angel of Fire

To infinity and beyond! But no forgetting sleep, now.

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:49 pm

They were indeed heading into the hills. The trail, if anyone cared to notice, was significantly steeper and covered with sharp rocks that jutted out in places. The hills loomed in front of them, blocking their view completely. This would not be an easy climb. Nor one to be done at night.

Raishilliah sighed in frustration. Of all the times to try to climb the Hills...

"We should not try to climb the Hills in the dark... and we need a place to rest that has shelter. Maybe there?"

She pointed to a cave at the base of one hill. It would be shelter, yes, but cold and damp shelter nonetheless. There was a bit of a whitish blue glow to one side, merely a sleeping fire salamander. It looked safe enough...

Uncle Pervy

Re: To infinity and beyond! But no forgetting sleep, now.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:06 pm

Caina looks over the cave. Maybe the back could be sealed with an ice wall, just in case. No, it would be too draining. Well...if needed. No reason to use magic too freely, that was an ephemeral way of thinking.

"Alright, we can rest there," She agrees. "After all, we really need not get up at the earliest glimmerings of dawn."

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:35 pm

Following the pack up the trial, Charon stopped by Caina. "I agree." Charon said peering past the salamander and on into the cave. It might be little damp but it was out of sight from most creatures it seemed.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:28 pm

"Sleeping anywhere sounds good about now," Siz said with a yawn, her voice devoid of its normal cheerfulness.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:41 pm

"I'll volunteer for the watch. I don't feel a bit tired." Myrii said, Hopping up to the top of a high rock.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:12 pm

Caina walked inside, curious to see if she could get an idea of how deep the cave was.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:56 pm

The cave extended as far as the eye could see and forked into several dark paths. All of them were rock-covered. Without a light it would be hazardous to go any further.

Raishilliah yawned. This seemed a nice enough place to sleep, even if it was damp and cold.

Probably damp because of some tourist dolt spilling water in here... Oh well. It does not need to stay cold.

She stepped outside and searched for a moment. Her search was quickly at an end, now that she had found a small fallen twig. Liah traveled back into the cave and placed the twig on a few rocks. It would be warmer soon. She pulled out a few of her feathers and dropped them on the twig. They caught it ablaze and strangely enough, did not consume it. The cave was lit up a bit and considerably warmer.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:42 pm

Caina found a nice spot to make herself comfortable. A cave was much less preferable to the forest, but at least it wasn't one of those awful inns.

Idly, she check for the best point for sealing off the cave with an ice wall, just in case.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:37 pm

Siz strolled into the cave, shivering slightly at the dampness, and proceeded to find the driest spot to curl up and rest in.

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:44 pm

Caecilus followed the group as they left the fire elemental lay there. " If I had killed it I could have shapeshifted into it maybe. But I guess it would not be a good idea to glow in flames here." As the group entered the cave Cae moved a few rocks that were on the ground and sat down leaning on the wall of the cave. " I will take the second watch if it's ok with you all."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:54 pm

"You just get your rest, dear." Caina says, addressing Talon for the first time. Well, as far as she cared it was the first. "I'm certain all that armor is very heavy, and those wounds must be painful. You just get your rest. I'll take it again."

Lord Mellewyn forbid they trust that little bundle of dishonor be trusted with her life.

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:54 pm

"Actually, he should feel fine ... after the healing and all, but we do all need our rest." Charon said as she stepped into the cave not truly noticing the cold dampness clinging to the air.

She merely glanced around and found a spot towards the outer rim of the flame's light and began her mediation once more, healing her mind and body to a small degree.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:15 pm

"Healing doesn't always get everything, and he was hurt quite badly," Caina points out. "So no need to stress it overmuch, am I right?."

LostDreamer

Unread postby LostDreamer » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Peeking threw a half opened eye, Charon agreed with a simple nod "Yes, this is true ... "

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:32 pm

" Fine..." Caecilius got comfortable, then closed his wings around his body to keep warm and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:42 pm

"Second watch it is, then," Caina says, as she readies herself for some sleep.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:23 am

Thus, night fell completely, the only light in the cave from the flickering fire, throwing strange shadows about, especially around Raishilliah, where a lizard-like shape seemed to be emerging from her hood.

She awoke, yawning. It would be the second watch soon, and...
Wait... what is that?

Jynim, Liah's fire salamander, was crawling out of the hood in her cloak. It stretched for a moment, and dignifiedly went to sit by the fire, joined by the other fire salamander, who had been idly watching the travelers that were in her cave. They helped light up the cave a bit, giving off a whitish blue glow.

Raishilliah stood up and drowsily walked over to Cae.
"It is your turn to take the watch."

Outside the cave, all Myrii could see was the glowing golden leaves of the onkalyfe trees and occasional flickers of light from fire salamanders. Nothing particularily dangerous about.

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 9/13/03 11:29 am

Darkphoenixfri13

Unread postby Darkphoenixfri13 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:44 pm

Caecilius woke up and got off the floor. He walked to the outside of the cave and looked at Myrii. " It is my turn to take watch go and get yourself some sleep."

Caecilius yawned, stretched out his wings, and cracked his neck. He looked at the onkalyfe trees with their beutiful glowing leaves and listened to the sounds of the night.

I still seem a bit early, so I guess I can still help these people.

Halitosis the Hedgehog

zZz

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:26 am

"I guess I do need some sleep..." , Myrii said, tiredly walking into the cave, slumping into the ground, not caring how damp it was. He was out cold, fast asleep within seconds.

Uncle Pervy

Re: zZz

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:58 am

Caina seemed content to peacefully doze through what was supposed to be her shift.

Angel of Fire

Re: Zzz...

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:15 pm

Raishilliah rolled her eyes at Jynim. Stowing away in her hood this whole time...

She noted the tiredness of Caina, and decided that she would take her shift for her. After all, she reasoned, Caina had taken watch at the last camp, so she needed sleep.

Liah stood up and walked out of the cave.
"Talon, I will take the next shift. Get some sleep, alright?"

She found a good rock to perch on and stretched. It seemed like a peaceful enough night, the fire elemental notwithstanding...

And so, the night passed and the travelers remained protected within the cave. Raishilliah had dozed off on her watch and awakened to see the dawn. It was golden, a sign of good luck amongst residents of the Plane.

"Golden skies... Good, we need all the luck we can get."

Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 9/17/03 4:06 pm

Uncle Pervy

Awwwww ^_^

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:05 pm

And Caina was still peacefully asleep.

Angel of Fire

Re: Awwwww ^_^

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:24 pm

Raishilliah yawned, thinking. They should probably go soon, the sooner the better, really.

She climbed down from the rock and entered the cave.
"We need to start moving soon, so if you could wake up..."

Light shone in on the cave, revealing several tunnels that twisted and turned in every direction. One might notice that they were sloping downwards...

Halitosis the Hedgehog

Re: Awwwww ^_^

Unread postby Halitosis the Hedgehog » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:35 pm

Myrii remained on the ground, sleeping heavily.

Uncle Pervy

*Breaks a Stereotype to put in another*

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:38 am

"Mmmmm..." Caina muttered drowsily, as she rolled over. Her eyes flutter, and she has a quick look about.

"My, it's a lovely day out," Caina says simply as she stands, not bothing to smooth her robes or deal with sleep-hair, and walks outside to view the dawn.

pd Rydia

Re: *Breaks a Stereotype to put in another*

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:24 pm

Siz sat up and yawned widely, rubbing at her eyes with her fists idly. She stood up and stretched a bit, then looked to her belongings, gathering the few things together before looking up to Liah.

"Ready to move out when you are," she said, plopping back on the ground to wait for the others.

Angel of Fire

Stereo Type: *breaks*

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:47 pm

Raishilliah tried to wait paitently for the rest to awake. In truth, she was hopefully awaiting the rest of the journey. It did not seem nearly so dangerous now that they were actually on their way...

"Myrii, Charon, Talon, wake up!" she said, smiling. She could tell it was going to be a good day already.

The Plane was fairly bright already. Not far away, they heard a call in a different language. It was Camedyr, a phoenix that called to the dawn every morning.

The day was as it should be.

LostDreamer

Re: Stereo Type: *breaks*

Unread postby LostDreamer » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:00 pm

Popping out of her sleep state, Charon glances around, taking in the cave as the light flooded into the entrance.

"Goodness, did I oversleep?" she asked as she stood up, stretching her arms above her head, then side to side; begining her morning stretches.

"It seems to be a lovely morning, hopefully it will be an equally beautiful day," she said as she walked out the cave entrance to take in dawn's light and air.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:12 pm

"All days are beautiful," Caina corrects as Charon steps outside. "One need only know how to see it, and honor nature for it." She had made her seat on a rock, and was awaiting for the others to get ready.

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:50 pm

While she waited for the others to awake, Raishilliah busied herself by taking a small golden fruit out of her pack and cooking it with a feather. Breakfast.

They were almost ready, except for the two males who seemed to like to sleep in.

"Do not worry about it, Charon. You did not oversleep. I just want to get an early start, thats all."

She yawned and called to Myrii and Talon again.
"Myrii, Talon, wake up!"

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs