Into the Parlor (Full PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Into the Parlor (Full PS RP)

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:42 am

Although it has been some time since the defeat of the lich Tronash, the repercussions of his schemes are still making themselves felt. With the dangerous artifact he was so intent upon using back under lock and key, one would think there might be a respite.

Unfortunately, it seems the drow have other ideas. Some amongst them have been poking into the affairs of the people who retrieved the censer the last time, almost certainly with nothing good in mind. And now Lanat, the drow who was supposed to be gathering information on the group's behalf, has gone missing.

The logical starting point in a search for Lanat is his living quarters, the address of which he was good enough to provide in case anyone needed to get in touch with him. It is here that Alonso, Nezetta and Thurimar find themselves - in front of a slightly run-down two storey boarding house in the Iron District.

Although it's still early afternoon, a firmly shut door greets them. Perhaps a measure to stop people simply walking in and looting the joint? Who can say?

NebulaQueen

Re: Into the Parlor (Full PS RP)

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:39 am

This is the place... Alonso thought to himself as he looked over the building. He turned towards his two companions and began to speak quietly so hopefully only they would hear. "Alright," he began. "Unless either of you has a better idea, we go in, and ask the head of the house if they know anything about what happened to our 'friend'. We'll also need to keep an eye out on the other boarders; for all we know, one of them could have had a hand in this."

Assuming the owner didn't sell him out himself interrupted a bothersome thought from the back of his mind. His face showed no sign of his doubts, however, and he continued as cooly as ever. "Ready?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:40 am

Thurimar gave the Barian a sharp nod, being glad to have a new leader for this little outing. Last time he'd found himself in the presence of General Hakaril Silvar and had been suitably awed. He'd also been suitably horrified at what the man's magic could do, as well as his general disregard for life. Alonso, however, was a simple swordsman who, as far as the young dwarf could tell, was a decent sort. He was also pleased to be out of the temple, putting his training to good use rather than sweeping halls and watching over the younger acolytes. Not that he didn't appreciate the necessity and honour of such duties, but he preferred to be one of those out who ventured out into the world, spreading the Light of Falis.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">(Blah, seems I forgot to record the exp Thurimar earned last session. How much was it again?)</span>

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 6/27/06 11:43

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:44 am

"That works for me." Nezetta nodded, though she continued to have that odd Baronian accent, rather than her normal Barian. Odd how fast something like that could change.

While she waited for Alonso to knock, she kneeled and laced up her boots anew. She had the odd feeling she'd need them nice and secure.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:41 am

A brisk rap on the door produces results after a few moments, in the form of a middle-aged, balding man. He's neatly dressed, even if his clothing is a little on the down-market side of things. In all, lower-middle-class, by the looks.

He seems a tad flustered by the appearance of such a group on his doorstep. As if he senses somehow that they're not your run-of-the-mill lodgers.

"Can I help you?" he asks, giving each in turn a once-over.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:34 am

"Yes," Alonso replied in a polite, if otherwise neutral, tone of voice. "We have a friend who was lodging here, who we think has run into a bit of trouble. Is there a place where we can discuss this more privately?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:46 am

The man appeared to consider this for a moment, then nodded and waved them inside. A door on the right, behind the front desk, opened into a small office, sparsely furnished and all neatly squared away. The only chair in the room was behind a desk.

Their host refrained from taking it, perhaps out of politeness, perhaps in hopes that the conversation would be done with in short order.

"Alright then, which one?" he asked bluntly.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:44 am

Thurimar's eyes began to drift round the room, scanning for anything out of place. It wasn't really a conscious effort; years of keeping a temple nice and tidy had made such actions more reflexive than anything else.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:34 am

"His given name was Lanat," Alonso responded promptly. "A drow gentleman...he shouldn't be hard to miss. He wanted to discuss something with us, but it seems he's dropped off the face of the continent."

The Barian man fixed his gaze on the house's keeper, watching for any signs of nervousness or anything that would show him to be less than truthful. He's been strung along enough during this whole saga, and it would be...unpleasant if the trend continued.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 7/9/06 4:39

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 am

The man has looked a tad nervous to date. In fact, he's been fiddling slightly with a small ring on his finger. Still, this is cleared up at the mention of Lanat's name, as if the conversation has shifted onto ground he's comfortable with.

"Oh, the drow," he says, in tones that suggest he should have twigged to this earlier, "What's he gone and done?"

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:05 am

"That's what we're trying to find out," he replied crisply. "Although we think it's more of a matter of what's been done to him, if you get our meaning. Has there been anyone...suspicious around here lately? Another drow, perhaps?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 pm

He shakes his head, "No, not that I'm aware of. I told him in the beginning that I wouldn't be putting up with any shenannigans, and he seemed to take it to heart." He shrugs, apparently not having anything to add to this.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:40 am

"So, he was a well behaved tenant. Do you happen to know anything about his personal habits? When he came in, when he left, and such?" While talking, Alonso had walked over to the chair, and leaned his weight against it. His eyes were still on the man, however, still waiting for the answers to his questions.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:03 am

Thurimar remained silent and watched, wondering why the landlord hadn't noted the prolonged absence of one of his tenants and acted on it. He was also hoping Alonso would bring this up himself. He didn't want to speak out of place, after all.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:21 pm

"Kept odd hours," the man shrugs, "Particularly in the last while. Bit of a night owl, really. Then again, He is a drow. They don't like bright light much."

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:04 am

"Hmn. And for how long did he keep these erratic hours? At least, erratic for him."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:08 pm

"A couple of days, perhaps." He shrugs, "Can't say I paid it much mind." He considers for a moment, "You might want to try the orc. Those two spent a fair bit of time together. Maybe he knows something."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/3/06 20:54

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:49 pm

"Is he in, currently?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:10 am

"Upstairs, third door on the left. He's probably there." He sounds as if this is what he thinks the state of affairs should be, but probably isn't, knowing his luck.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Thurimar nodded smartly to the innkeep, then looked to Alonso.

"I believe our path has been illuminated for us, sir."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:28 pm

"Indeed it has been," Alonso said, while straightening his posture. It seems that the man has been here long enough. He then nodded at the innkeeper, and said, "Thank you for your help, and we apologise for any inconvenience. We should be out of here shortly, with any luck." It has been his experience that a little bit of politeness goes a long way when it comes to soothing nerves and smoothing over suspicions.

If the innkeeper provides no response, Alonso will be walking casually out of the room and towards the stairs, making his way to where the orc is supposedly staying.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:11 am

Thurimar nodded smartly to the inkeep and followed after Alonso.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:11 am

And so Alonso advances up the stairs, locating what is supposedly the correct door.

Whatever activities Bill the orcish bard is engaged in are rudely interrupted by a knock at his door. It can't be the landlord about the rent - he's sure he's paid up for the next few days.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:35 pm

Bill was slightly curious who it might be-perhaps even the same drow that'd been missing for the last few days. Or perhaps his landlord had some new fee she was going to place on the poor bard. Alas, there was nothing he could do for it but put down his flute and answer the door.

In any case, the man that answered the door-and held it open just enough so that he could be seen, but also just enough that he could close it without folks jamming their foot into it-was quite different from your typical orc. He was only around six feet tall, but he was also skinny, with long hair and a well-pressed, clean, somewhat flamboyant, and he was just a bit on the bishounen side. He also looked a touch disappointed.

"Can I help you folks?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:48 pm

Thurimar kept silent, waiting for Alonso to do the talking once again. He studied the orc, noting his odd appearance with a somewhat bemused expression, and wondering if this was the orcish equivalent of a beardless dwarf.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:49 pm

Now this is a strange fellow, although Alonso shouldn't be surprised after all the time he's spent in the city. Still, he did seem a bit more...civilized than the orcs he's had experience with, which might help out some on their search.

"Yes you can," he said. "The landlord said you might know something about a friend of ours. Please, can we come in?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 pm

Bill shrugged, opening the door wider to let them in now that they didn't seem to be an immediate threat.

"I suppose so. Er, can I get your names at least?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:40 pm

"I'm Alonso," he said, as he walked quickly into the room. "And these two are Thurimar and Nezetta, respectively."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:48 pm

"...Right. Okay, I don't know any of you. Ah well-you said something about helping with a friend of yours? Who would this be?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:31 am

"I'm sorry for this intrusion," he said, hoping an apology would smooth worries over a trio of strangers barging into the orc's room. "However, it is quite important. As for our friend, he's a drow man by the name of Lanat. He was apparently a tenant here, just like you."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:41 am

Nezetta crossed her arms, looking disinterested in the whole ordeal. It was one thing to have nothing to say. It was another to have nothing to say and not want to be drawn into the conversation.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:28 am

((Alright. The show's been stalled long enough. I'm NPCing Bill for the time being, pending Sage's return. He may or may not be eaten by a passing bear.))

Bill frowns, "Lanat? Yes, I know him. He seemed a bit out of sorts the last time I saw him. What's happened to him?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:41 am

"We're not sure," Alonso admitted. "However, we suspect that he had a run in with his less...pleasant countrymen. If you know anything - anything at all - it would be most appreciated."

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 10/4/06 1:42

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:48 am

"That would make sense," Bill says, "The night before I last saw him, he mentioned he was going to check out a drow bar - a place called the Cavern. I figured he must've run into someone there who made him disgruntled."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:50 am

Alonso raised his eyebrows, showing genuine interest. "And how did that turn out for him?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:01 am

"Like I said, he looked rather out of sorts when I saw him the following afternoon. I don't think he went there expecting anything other than an evening out, but the next day he seemed worried about something. I asked him whether something was rong, but he brushed my questions aside. This would've been a couple of days ago now, and I haven't seen him since."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:02 am

"I see," he said, furrowing his brow. "Do you have any idea where this bar would be?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:05 am

"I can take you there easily enough," Bill says, "I've gotten to know where most of the bars in the city are, even if there are some I wouldn't go into."

Bars that an orc won't go into? Now there's a strange concept.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:21 am

Useful, he thought, but not useful enough. From what he's seen of those blue skinned spider herders, they aren't exactly a people one would call "open" to outsiders, Kilra and Lanat notwithstanding. Their dank caves damn near made Barius look like...well, a new Doma in comparison. Still, he's gotten information from difficult places before, and this was the only lead they had so far regarding Lanat's dissapearance.

Alonso then turned his attention back to the orc, and said, "That would be appreciated, sir...?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:43 am

"Bill," comes the response as he extends a hand to shake.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs