To Cure a Cabbit (Closed PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Uncle Pervy

Re: Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me at 11

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:14 pm

"As I suspected," says AD-10. "What have you found?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me at 11

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:06 am

"Consider the human body for a moment," Kelne said, "Limbs, fingers, heart and so forth, all bound to common purpose by the mind." He flexed his fingers by way of demonstration, "Now imagine a mind capable of directing the myriad creatures of the desert as easily as you or I control our limbs. That is what we're up against."

Uncle Pervy

Moondance - Van Morrison

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm

"This is a grave conclusion," says AD-10. He doesn't sound skeptical, at least. Rather, he sounds like a proper Thalsian. "What else have you found?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Moondance - Van Morrison

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:31 am

"Beyond the fact that it wants one of our party for some purpose of its own, little enough," Kelne said, "Its' mental voice puts me in mind of a swarm of buzzing insects, which suggests it may be a group intelligence of some kind. Though I'd hardly call that conclusive evidence. Beyond that, I have only supposition. I don't suppose you have any insights you might want to offer?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:19 am

"I cannot recall anything from the records that would indicate such a thing," says AD-10. "I will review them, but I am certain it is not in the more recent records. The more specific of the older records are kept at Settlement 2. I have only a summary here. I will see what can be found."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:52 am

Paige, being tired, and an early riser, also went to find lodgings...Perhaps she went the same way as Jak. Perhaps not!

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:02 am

Paige possesses a fairly good understanding of standardized layout of the Thalsian settlements. However, her route, which crosses over Jak's a few times, is a little slower. She can see the the green-robed mage ahead when she reaches what she believes to be where travelers stay.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:37 pm

It was the first time that the man had been pleased with the obsession with conformity the people of this land had. He walked inside, looking to secure a room for him and the others, hoping that it didn't involve filling out a dozen forms.

Uncle Pervy

Farewell - Kamelot

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:06 pm

Jak finds a himself in a fairly uniform house; depressingly like a more spacious of the Doctor's place where they stayed the previous night. There is a Thalsian, presently asleep on the floor. He quickly rouses upon Jak's entry.

"I was told to expect outsiders," he says. "I had thought you would come sooner."

It takes a quick exchange of Jak's Provision Record to secure a place for himself. It seems that either this exchange was authorized ahead of time time, or there are some things that don't need to be authorized.

The place itself is pretty much a large common room, with sleeping mats. An inquiry reveals there will be breakfast.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:21 pm

Another nod, "See what you can do on that front. Another possibility worth looking into is whether there are any good locations for a lair nearby. Large cave complexes, ruins, that kind of thing."

Uncle Pervy

Today Arrives, Becoming Tomorrow - Kumi Tanioka

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:56 pm

"There are no known ruins within distance of Settlement Ten," says AD-10. "We would have dismantled them and redistributed the resources." He closes his eyes. "I am uncertain as to the nature of caves, they typically are not a difficulty. I shall ask FR-10 about this."

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 am

Paige followed Jak into the place of resting, knowing that, if nothing else, he couldn't attack her if she kept an eye on him. She watched the deal go down, and looked at the sleeping arrangements. "...Comfy."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:56 am

Pleased with the switfness which a place to sleep was aquired at, Jak turned to head back to inform the others of where to bed down for the night. Whether the sleeping conditions bothered him or not didn't show. Nor did he seem to notice Paige, walking right past her and out the door. His mind had returned to what they'd encountered in the desert, along with the implications of such powerful magic being wielded in a astrally thin enviroment. A device or technique had to exist that was allowing the puppet master to fully realise his magical potential. And he wanted it.

But for now he could only hope that Kelne dug up some more information and then get some sleep. And hope that these people didn't try to offer up Dia as some sort of sacrifice to placate the powers that threatened them.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 4/25/06 8:07

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Today Arrives, Becoming Tomorrow - Kumi Tanioka

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:00 am

"Whatever you can find out. Time, I fear, is likely to be an issue here. I'll check in with you tomorrow." Barring interruptions, Kelne would make his way out, and on to see the next person. No rest for the wicked just yet.

pd Rydia

dragon-salad

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:37 pm

As much fun as it was to get to observe the Thalasians with her own emotions masked through race (and distance), Dia was getting more tired by the moment and didn't figure there were dragon-sized lodgings toward the center of town--and she wasn't keen on sleeping on her own in an empty farm house, no matter how comfortable it was to move around as she was. She arrived at the THalasian lodgings sometime after Paige and Jak, having followed Fluffy who, in turn, had followed their scent to the building.

Uncle Pervy

Hitobito no Tanjyo(Birth of the People)/Sasagemon -Y Koshiro

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:00 pm

"EF -10 also wishes a report from you," says AD-10. "I shall give him what you have told me, this will suffice for him."

Jak wanders out the door, pondering his situation and that of their tormenter. He can feel there has to be some solution, certainly he's seen Thalsians achieve some results. As to how the thing in the wastes is doing this, it is hard to say. He would need to get more information.

Dia finds her lazy trek through the streets of Settlement 10 are punctated with a lot of staring, and many cries of surprise and terror. Thankfully, no one seems quite willing to fling a pot at her, but she can tell at least some of the Thalsians seem to believe she is the one responsible for the murders and fire last night.

Jeridan, left to his lonesome, finds a Cabbit crawling onto his shoulders.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: dragon-salad

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Jeridan for his part had intended to follow Jak, but his sense of direction wasn't at it's best when wandering through an area where everything looked almost precisely identical. It also didn't help that his unique nature still plagued him in this nearly magicless astral desert. And in the time people had spent going about their business, he'd now gotten himself quite lost.

When he felt Ushyu moving about, he'd pet behind her ears gently.

"Hey Ushyu. How you feeling? Any better?"

Uncle Pervy

Phantasy Star Sound Collection Vol 1 - Field Medley (II)

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:15 pm

"Mya," Ushyu replies, as she nuzzles Jeridan's face. then she leaps off his shoulder and follows him along on the ground.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:23 pm

"Well, atleast it's cooler at night... I can't seem to smell our friends anywhere. I'm afraid I got us lost, Ushyu. How about you? Can you sense or smell any of the others?"

Uncle Pervy

Delightful Spekkio - Yasunori Mitsuda

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:36 pm

Ushyu stops, and sniffs at the ground daintly. Then she looks around, and perks her ears up. A moment later, she starts toward a side street.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Well, that was more than expected. In all honesty he hadn't thought she'd find anything. He followed her straight away.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Hitobito no Tanjyo(Birth of the People)/Sasagemon -Y Kos

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:44 pm

"Much appreciated," Kelne said, on his way out, "That saves me a bit of time."

Uncle Pervy

Credits - Skies of Arcadia OST

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:47 pm

After skipping past a few blocks, Jeridan can spy Kelne just about to leave a house.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:45 pm

"Wow. Nice work, Ushyu. Hey! Kelne!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 am

"Godsdamnit, now what?" Kelne should have known he wouldn't be getting any peace tonight. With a resigned expression on his face, he waited for Jeridan to tell him whatever terrible news had prompted him to seek him out.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/26/06 1:56

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:02 am

"... Just sayying Hello. I started spacing out on this place's utter magic deadness again, and lost track of Jak. I saw Paige head off with him, so atleast they're together. ... The Thalasians aren't trying to blame something else on us, are they? You seem more on edge than usual."

While talking, he'd also kept an eye on Ushyu. Somehow it seemed like a good idea to make sure he didn't lose track of their little charge.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:27 am

Kelne sighed, willing himself to unwind a little bit. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way. "Cumulative stress, probably," he said, "That and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. AD-10's been helpful enough, given he doesn't know anything useful. He's going to go through some old records and see if he can turn anything up."

Uncle Pervy

Introduction et March Royale - Koichi Sugiyama

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:51 am

Kelne will likely be only somewhat surprised to find that Ushyu has slipped into Child form while he was talking with Jeridan, and has toddled over and hugged his leg.

Jeridan, of course, will have watched it happen.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Introduction et March Royale - Koichi Sugiyama

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Kelne shook his head and gave Ushyu a brief pat on the head. "Anyway, I suppose we'd better head back to the others. Early start tomorrow and all that."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon May 01, 2006 12:04 am

"I agree... Now we just need to find them."

Jeridan took a moment to sniff around, looking for those familair scents of dragon, or clean metal and engine oil. Jak wouldn't be terribly unique here, but Paige and Dia should stand out like a pair of sore thumbs.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed May 10, 2006 7:04 am

"Shouldn't be too hard," Kelne said complacently, "The place's layout is nothing if not predictable. Guest quarters ought to be in this direction." So saying, he set out. Trouble, when it came, was certainly not going to come in the form of getting lost.

Uncle Pervy

Theme of Super Metroid

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:53 am

(OOC: With weddings and other Miscellanery out of the road, we can carry on!)

It does not take Jeridan and Kelne long to find their way to the lodge. There, they quickly register themselves. The group, as a whole, decide it's best to make use of the relative peace and rest; though some may rest much more lightly and cautiously than others. Dia, should she not be taking human form, will have to sleep outside due to not being able to comfortably fit through the door. The thoughtful innkeep would give her a few blankets in this case.

Morning comes without incident, thankfully. Or, if there is an incident, the EF have not burst through the door to arrest the group for it. Breakfast is served, consisting of some eggs, goat's cheese, fresh bread, and dates. The day seems to hold promise of being fairly cool.

Over breakfast, our heroes have the opportunity to discuss and plot to their hearts content.

(OOC: Anyone doing stuff overnight may tell me via IM)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:38 am

Jak had slept more soundly tonight than he had for the past few days. He had a clear goal now, even if it was short term, which would finally induce progress towards getting the cabbit cured of whatever affliction the limiter was placing upon it. There was also the matter of investigating the abilities of this pupeteer for, while it would probably help the group as a whole, whatever powered his magic was of great interest to the black mage.

At breakfast he kept silent, making idle conversation with those who prompted him to. He was just waiting for Kelne to outline today's plan. And, he hoped, give Paige a good talking to.

pd Rydia

Re: Theme of Super Metroid

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Dia came to breakfast with the others early, in her most convenient two-legged form and wrapped up in Thelehassian clothing. The dragonhalf seemed well-rested and in a rather pleasant mood, for all that had been going on. She placed Fluffy onto the table to share breakfast with her, and in between her own bites, immediately launched into discussion over the previous night's shenanigans.

"Well, I'm glad to have awakened in one piece. Can't say I don't feel better this morning, having gotten to stretch my wings for the first in a long time." There was a pause as Dia's hand darted to grab a piece of bread before Fluffy could reach it. Fluffy won, but was suitably distracted from his prize by Dia pointing over his shoulder and uttering something in Draconic. Miffed by having his snack stolen through such underhanded tactics, the lapdragon attacked the cheese with great, sulking enthusiasm.

"I don't know about you, but I think it might do me well to go over everything we learned yesterday; I get the feeling that I missed out on some things after we split up into different parties." Dia scratched Fluffy's chin, earning her a slightly-less-reproachful glare. "Maybe including the EF or AD in on it, considering things may have been going on in the town that we weren't aware of."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 pm

"Sounds reasonable. Though I'd favour discussing it between ourselves before bringing them into it." A good night's sleep seemed to have restored Kelne's equilibrium, though he wasn't in a forgiving or forgetting mood towards Paige.

Their next move, he figured, would depend very much upon what, if anything, the locals were able to dig up. It would be nice if they had a clear lead, though he wasn't going to hold his breath.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:06 am

Jeridan was dressed similarly to Dia, as per the doctor's orders. He breakfasted lightly, and all things considered recently, tried not to interupt anyone. Then, at the suggestion of going over their findings:

"The other night, Dia and I were able to capture one of the dogs that approached the farm originally. We didn't learn a whole lot, but Dia found traces of magic that had been controlling it. I was personally attacked by several of them; They're not very tough, so they can't be being used as an assault force. More likely their controller uses them to scout around here. Having them move in packs and behave passively just helps to mask their purpose to the locals, who don't know what to look for.

"Anything you'd like to add, Dia?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:20 am

"Nothing about this whole thing walks, talks, smells, or magics much like dragons or Rai." Dia pulled off a piece from her bread roll and ate it. "Well, perhaps a bit of passing resemblance, which is why I keep checking--at the farmhouse, on the dogs, on the air and such. Nothing, though."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:42 am

Jak nodded as he listened to what Jeridan and Dia said, then spoke himself.

"Well, while Kelne and I were off retrieving our mechanic, the controller of your dogs spoke to us. Telepathically, of course. Said he had a snake after Paige and that it'd bite her unless we gave him something. You, I presume." He pointed at the dragon-half casually, before continuing. "Though in retrospect he, or it, may have meant Fluffy there. The thing clearly has the ability to command the creatures of this land, and perhaps it thought a giant, flying lizard would be a fine addition to its forces."

As he said this, his mind was churning out theories of the nature of the puppeteer's power. Did it have to condition its thralls before it could control them, and could this conditioning be applied to the mind of a person? How many creatures could it control at once? And what end was it acting towards?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:02 pm

"I can't imagine the kind of power you'd need to control all sorts of creatures at once, aparently at a distance, in this place. It seems more likely that this person would have to be closer, just by the way this place works, doesn't it?"

He paused.

"I don't suppose mages know how to determine that kind of thing? Even a direction to head in would be nice right now."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:10 pm

"I'm know authority on mental magic, I only ever studied the basics. I've never heard of long distance telepathy, though. Well, besides in myths. As for tracing it, I am unsure. It might be possible, but I doubt we'd have much success given the wretched condition the astral plane in the region is in."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs