To Cure a Cabbit (Closed PS RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
pd Rydia

Re: Pervy is a smelly jerk.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:01 pm

"Baby dragons are generally larger, and more likely to innocently mistake your leg for food. Fluffy is a pigmy aldrosian...a lapdragon." Thus having educated her companion, Dia unslung the pack from her back and used it as a seat. This greatly facilitated her scritching of Fluffy's head!

The dragonhalf then uttered a strange series of sounds--something like road gravel shifting under large wheels mixed with chirping and lilting speech. Dragonic.

=Who's a green dragon?= Dia cooed to Fluffy, scratching his chin. It was likely she meant good, but the fact that she wasn't talking about purple teapots was a huge improvement over her previous endeavors with the language. Fluffy, for his part, seemed content warble in pleasure at the attention, which would be a good excuse for not correcting her mistake in the language. Although, technically, he was a green dragon.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:26 pm

As if to say that it wasn't him they were waiting for, Kelne chose this moment to wander over and join the group. He was carrying a decent sized pack, which seemed pretty well stuffed, with a large, rather worn-looking carpet strapped to the side.

And of course, there'd be the usual little surprises located in various pockets.

As per usual, he eyed the chocobos with suspicion. It was a perpetual mystery to those who knew him why he was so irrational on the subject of chocobos, but by this point they'd given up questioning it.

"A good day for it, by the looks," he remarked.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:39 pm

Jeridan spends another minute looking at Fluffy, who to his mind was still sort of... interesting, and then climbed his way into the cart.

FlamingDeth

If you walk without rhythm, you'll never learn.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:11 am

For her part, Valentia was one that didn't have a lot of money. Not that she wouldn't like to have a lot of money, it was just that she had chosen an occupation that did really do much for it's acquisition. As such, when she arrived at the city gates, she looked to be traveling lightly. Her normal attire, which doubled as traveling clothes, the weapons they had seen on her previously, and a pack that didn't seem to contain anything other than a few changes of outfits. They looked to be of moderately good quality, which probably explained why she didn't own much.

"Why, hello again!" she said cheerfully, climbing on in to the cart.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:35 am

For her part, Paige stood perfectly still and quiet, her arms folded down infront of her. Her clothing had changed from what it was- Something more practical for travel. Her hair was still up in the same ponytail as before, and her glasses still perched high on her nose. However, she swapped her plain blue shirt for a black one, with a white stripe diagonally across the chest. A pair of goggles hung around her neck, and a toolbelt losely around her hips, and to assist with holding materials, she wore a pair of cargo pants- complete with pockets slightly filled, likely with various bits and peices. She shifted her weight ever so slightly, and looked at the newcomers. "It's ready to go, when everyone else is..."

pd Rydia

Re: If you walk without rhythm, you'll never learn.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:51 pm

Fluffy perked up at Paige's announcement, more quickly and much more exhuberantly than Dia, who turned her head over to the gathered. The lapdragon bounced up, hopped a few paces towards the cart, dashed the remaining distance and leaped up with the rest, wings flapping excitedly--if not entirely necessarily. Dia followed behind Fluffy at a calmer pace.

"Ready when everyone else is," she asserted; Fluffy gave his own chirrup of approval.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:44 pm

Jak was already moving towards the cart.

"No reason to stand around here, right?" he asked rhetorically as he climbed onto the cart.

"Where's this airship, anyway?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:47 pm

As people pile into the cart, Pervy says, "We've got it waitin' out by th' edge o' th' forest. No sense bringin' it near town an' makin' folks nervous. Or get greedy thoughts, aye?"

Once the cart is properly boarded, Pervy reins the chocoboes into action. "Anyhow, the early bit o' course shouldn't be hard. Ye'll be headin' t' port Rosalia, for yer last supplies and whatnot. after that, it'll be straight t' Savatra."

After a moment's pause, he adds, "Ye got anythin' else ye need to know?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:26 pm

Port Rosalia?

The ex-mercenary quickly remembered what the name stood for; a major port in Baron, if not the major one. He'd never been there himself because the Shuman Mountains were in the way.

Realisation.

"Wait, we're flying over the mountains?" he asked with trepidation. Flying was bad enough in his books, but going that high was another thing entirely.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:32 pm

"Tis th' fastest an' cheapest way t' do it, aye," Pervy replies offhandly, as he directs the steeds around a rock that would have a merry time with any wagon wheel. "S'long as a good eye's kept out fer storms, it shouldnae be a problem."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:42 pm

Jak sunk back into his seat and began to brood. He'd faced the forces of hell before <span style="font-size:xx-small;">(admittedly so had almost everyone he knew, as well as the Doman army)</span> and stood firm. But the thought of being that high up over a gigantic stretch of jagged rocks frightened him. The mention of the possibility of storms didn't help either.

Of course he did his best to conceal what he was feeling. He'd be damned if he was going to let his companions know that he was terrified of this mechanical contraption.

"How long will the first stretch take, then?"

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:42 pm

Jeridan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, thinking about what was being said. He wasn't quite as worried as Jak, but the realization that he'd be on a flying boat that may end up going through a storm... It was unsettling business.

For now though, Jeridan decided he didn't want to know what happened if they did hit a storm system.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:21 am

Oddly enough, rather than the usual pessimism, Kelne interjected a note of optimism, "Look on the bright side, Jak," he said, "I've been on a number of airships, and none of them have crashed due to weather." Engine failure, aerial combat, and an idiot at the helm, yes, but not weather. Come to think of it, he was probably overdue for a crash due to natural phenomena. But the idea wasn't one that worried him overly.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:48 am

Hearing, Jak's question, Paige took the chance to speak up- "That...Depends. I'm not sure how hard I'm comfortable with the engine's being pushed, though. I mean...er, I'm confidant with them, but I'd prefer not to take chances."

She fixed her glasses, and tightened a strap on her right glove. "And don't worry about the height. We should be okay. And I trust Mr. Pervy's ability to lead us away from a storm."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:56 pm

"Ye mean Ole Hawkin's ability," Pervy says, his voice having gone from its previous jovialness to a very carefully neutral tone. "He''ll be at the helm, and ye should be glad fer it. Ain't no man I'd trust more t' guide that thing."

Some may well recall the name of the Admiral's navigator, a man who is perhaps more infamous for concocting some of the more wile and powerful drinks that the Jade Dragon once offered. Equally infamous would be his love of the same.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:19 pm

"Ah, Hawkins, eh?" Dia asked rhetorically, playing idly with Fluffy and watching the passing scenery. She couldn't quite be sure when the last time was she had been this relaxed on the start of a job--she might as well enjoy it while it lasted.

The dragonhalf dealt with Hawkins somewhat regularly, being the one who ordered that (in)famous drink from him, upon Pervy's own recommendation. She blinked as an old memory flickered in the back of her mind, bringing a slight feeling of unease. Odd, that...she trusted the Captain's opinion on others. Forcibly dispelling the feeling with an accompanying flick of her ear, she tweaked Fluffy's tail, earning a surprised and moderately miffed meep from the lapdragon.

With a great show of indignance, Fluffy snorted at Dia and browsed for friendlier laps to lay in.

Uncle Pervy

Your Rhythm is deranged!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:39 pm

Some time passes, as the Admiral guides the cart off the road, as Doma Forest draws near. For a little while, they follow along it's irregular border, keeping a comfortable distance from it, whilst Pervy mutters something about keeping the Fae happy. Soon enough, the ship makes itself known as the group rounds a particularly thick copse of trees.

It bears little resemblance to one of Loake's ships anymore, after one particularly bad crash and years worth of refitting and refinement. Those who know their ships would say it resembles a coastal brigentine now. Those who do not, instead, note it is resembles a fairly mid-sized sea-going vessel. However, where there would be masts and sails are now shafts of varying lengths bearing rotors.

It rests upon the ground, partially supported by a hastily erected framework. All can see that without the framework, it would not take much to get the ship to capsize. Clearly this is a vessel happier in the water.

Presently, the crew works to get the vessel ready for departure. They scurry about, shouting and taking orders. They aren't dressed in Doman Naval uniforms, nor do they seem to be quite so organized. Only Paige would know that this crew is composed of some of the Admiral's most trust men, from before and after he retired from piracy. The one doing the most shouting seems to be a small man with curly dark hair, whose visage is familiar to a few.

Valentia, bearing the most experienced eye of the lot, notes that the ship does seem seaworthy. In fact, it seems that the rotors might even serve as half decent masts. It wouldn't be very fast or manueverable, but it would get the job done. She also notes that the ship seems to be running light, clearly stripped down for speed. Not an unusual tactic for pirates by any means...

"There she be," Pervy says, "Th' Royal Fortune . If there's a better ship out there, I dun what t' hear a word 'bout it."

"Myau!" comes a voice from the ship, rising above the others. Those looking that way would see Ushyu perched on the bowspirit of the ship, waving merrily.

Pervy returns the gesture. "Th' gangplank's off t' port, board up an' get goin', mates." It doesn't take much to note there is a bitterness in his voice.

(OOC: I want you lot to contact me before this next bit begins. I'm curious as to what the party's plans in Port Rosalia and the like are.)

Edited by: Uncle Pervy at: 3/15/05 22:30

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:25 pm

Jak took a moment to look the craft over. The differences from a normal ship stood out clearly to him, and he eyed the odd devices with untrusting eyes. He got over it soon enough, though, and hopped off the cart and began to make his way over to the ship, having barely registered Pervy's words.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Your Rhythm is deranged!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:32 am

"Anything you'd like us to bring back for you, Pervy?" Kelne asked, noting the bitterness, and ascribing it, without much difficulty, to a desire to be going with them, "Aside from a cure, of course."

He certainly sympathized. In spite of his frequent griping on the nature of trips he wound up taking, he'd hate to be tied down to a single place. It was one reason he'd never seriously considered taking service with the crown. Another being, of course, that he simply disliked taking orders.

No, he was a rogue element, and he preferred it that way.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:42 am

Paige looked over the ship, walking around it for a minute or two longer while everyone else boarded, as if checking for last minute issues with the hull. She moved to the gangplank when she was finished, but not before calling out to the others- "I'd, er...Also like to speak with everyone before we head off."

FlamingDeth

Hey lookit me, I'm a taxicab driver!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 am

Valentia made her way to the gangplank, running her hand slowly along the length of the hull on her way. They clearly want to waste no time getting there...she thought...though I certainly hope no one starts shooting at us on the way.

"She is fast..." Valentia said absent mindedly, as she boarded the ship.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:28 pm

Jeridan simply went to board the ship. He'd listen to Paige when she had something of substance to say, but for now he just needed to get on board.

pd Rydia

Meep?!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:30 pm

Fluffy chose to scurry at the heels of Valentia, bumping into her feet, halting, and then darting forward again only to collide once more. As for herself, Dia was giving the airship a good once (twice, thrice) over. It somehow looked almost...skeletal, to her. Dangerously rickety.

Not that she'd dare say such a thing in front of Pervy.

Giving a nod to the aforementioned, Dia made like Jeridan to board the ship.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:21 am

As everyone got onto the ship, they'd find Paige standing a short distance away from the gangplank, securing an elbow pad to her left arm. When it was good and secure, she looked twards the passengers of the ship she had become so attached to, trying to give her best appearce of being partially in control of things. "I'm not sure if he told you, but...Er...The engines on the ship are really...Sensative, and really kinda dangerous. So, er, as much as I hate to say it, but none of you can go into the engine rooms, unless I say it's okay. There's two of them- One in the back, and one in the middle. They're marked, so, er...Please try to stay away from them?"

Jak Snide

Re: Meep?!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:28 am

Jak nodded, having no intention of going anywhere near the infernal things. Especially if they were as temperamental as Paige said.

"So, where will we be staying, then? We do have quarters, I take it."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:41 am

"There's cabins, below decks." Paige nods to Jak. "Partitioned off from the crew, too. YOu'll also have some space to yourself. Pretty roomy, for a ship. I'll be in the storage room next to the rear engine room, myself..."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:36 pm

"Bah," Pervy says, "Find somethin' fer Ushyu, an' I'll be happy. Hell, even a solid lead works."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:42 pm

Kelne nodded, "Fair enough. Try to keep the local sociopaths in line while I'm gone." With that, he too boarded the airship, arriving in time to catch the tail end of the 'don't mess with the engines' speech.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:05 am

Jeridan just nods to Paige when appropriate, since the idea of messing with the engines didn't seem intelligent to him to begin with. He does seem to pay mroe attention when she mentions sleeping quarters though.

FlamingDeth

Your mom is deranged, bitch!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:10 am

For her own part, Valentia made her way to Hawkins.

"Good day!" said the one-eyed fencer, in a cheerful, if formal manner. "I am Valentia Simona Elena Marietta di Mosca. Our dear admiral had mentioned that you may be short of hands, and I happen to have some experience with sailing. Where may I be of the most help?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:41 pm

Quickly enough, the adventurers have boarded and go about their business, whilst the Admiral departs in the wagon for the east.. Hawkin's looks at Valentia, then nods and gives her a rather affable grin. "Well miss De Mosca, shouldn't be too hard for y', if yer a sailor. Most've it is keepin' th' ship shape. None too many sails, y'know?"

Soon, the crew begins to collect up the scaffolding, bringing it below decks for future use; a task Valentia is put to assisting. The order is given to stoke the engines, and quickly enough the airship lifts from the ground. It is, for most of the party, something of an exhilarating, if not terrifying, experience. Those who want are allowed to look over the railing and goggle at the ground thousands of feet below, whilst those who want to are allowed to keep to below decks. Even for Dia, the flight feels unusual; it is free of the usual swooping and gliding upon the wind. It just isn't right to the poor half-dragon.

After a little while, it all becomes routine. The hum of the engines, the sound of the crew shoveling coal, the occasional bouts of swearing. Dia, Valentia, Jak, Kelne, and Jeridan, are placed in a fairly private area near the real of the ship, away from most of the crew. It's about as much privacy as they can expect on a ship. Paige finds that she is in the rear engine room, while the two assistant engineers have their own in the secondary engine room.

It then turns out that life on the airship, when one isn't busy, is rather boring. Those who thought ahead enough to bring their own books find a good deal of free time to profit from it. Those who like meditation come upon ample opportunities to perfect their technique. Others find that naps and roaming around do the job nicely. Weapons practice is possible, especially if one is willing to hunt down one of the crewmen help, but common sense reveals that it is a profoundly bad idea above decks.

Those who chose to spend their time peaking over the railings, or watching the ground go by in boredom, see grassy fields and forests pass by. As the sun begins to ride low, the foothills of the Shumans make themselves known. As the sun begins to sink, the airship lands in a fairly spacious valley. The crew is set to work restoring the ship's support framework, a task at which they seem to be fairly practiced. Afterwards, it's off to the galley!

Valentia, especially, will be pleased that her nose tells her the food smells edible. Those who have dealt with sailing for any length of time know that ships are known for having particularly bad food; to the point that some galleys are darkened so the crew doesn't have to actually see what they are eating. But here, the food is plainly visible; a sort of thirty and hearty-looking stew, being served by a large bald man in an leather apron.

The party, whether they arrive as a group or on their own, see there are a number of empty spots along galley's single table where they could sit. They could mix with the crew, or the captain. Or, should the desire, get a spot to themselves. The observant sort will note that some of the crew seems to be engaging in some sort of card game.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:01 pm

Jak had spent almost the entire trip below deck after the initial take off, where he'd been foolish enough to watch the ground drop away from beneath them. After that he'd stayed firmly away from the railing and any view ports. Now that they'd landed, however, he looked the better for it, and was already putting a dent into the meal set before him.

pd Rydia

Re: Where's Fluffy? Ssh, where's Fluffy?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:11 pm

Dia, for her part, spent the large part of the flight in visible and largely immobile discomfort. Heights were not something she cared much for--falling to death would be the most ironic of deaths for a half dragon. She was well aware of the frailty of the wings on her back; even as a dragon, she was only used to flying so far, and so high. Further, the movement of the ship was distinctly unnatural and upsetting.

Thus, the dragonhalf could be seen for much of the day sitting in a corner, head resting against her knees, desperately trying to forget how many feet above the ground she really was. Alas, the growling of the engines and the occassional, inexplicable shudder which seemed to overtake the ship didn't help much in her efforts.

Nonetheless, no one could fault her for lack of diligence!

It was with great reluctance that she roused from her sanctuary and made her slow, steady way to the galley, lagging behind the others. Upon entering, she started for the nearest seat to her, wanting to get off her feet and seated.

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:35 pm

Jeridan, for his part, didn't seem bothered by the ordeal. At first he'd spent alot of time watching the scenery go by, and was very enthusiastic... On one notable occasion, he was caught with his tongue lolling out as he leaned over and let the wind blow through his fur.

However, When the ship had been preparing to land, he'd been meditating over his bed... and floating. When disturbed, he'd just smiled and said he'd be down in a few minutes. And sure enough, he'd shown up, just a bit after most of the others. He ate with gusto, and didn't seem to notice the discomfort of his fellows. Aparently it had yet to occur to him that someone might dislike this whole flight business.

pd Rydia

There he is!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:42 pm

Jeridan soon found himself with a scaley snout dangerously near the contents of his stew!

Fluffy cocked his head and made a breathy whirring noise at Jeridan, shuffling his wings as he did so. After getting no response, those within normal hearing distance of Fluffy--Jeridan included--soon heard a somewhat scritchy voice rolling in his head.

'Hello, hello! Gather bowl, Fluffy too? Paws, claws, too small, too little.' The pitiful sadness eeped out of every word and was veritably etched across the dragon's tiny face. Then, suddenly, Fluffy perked up again with renewed hope! '...Smells good! Dia-Dee has the roly-poly-tumbly stomach. It upsets Fluffy nearby.' Sticking out his tongue, Fluffy stretched his forepaws out to the ground, hindquarters rising and waggling in the air. After this display, he laid down, wrapping his tail neatly around his side in a most regal manner, and turning a pleading look up to Jeridan.

'Bowl for Fluffy?'

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:49 pm

Jeridan actually laughed at Fluffy's display, albeit quietly. When Fluffy had finished, he pushed the bowl in Fluffy's direction. While he hadn't finished, he figured he could do to share a little. So, with a smile he said:

"Alright, have some then!"

pd Rydia

Re: SUCCESS!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:18 am

Jeridan was rewarded with a chirrup of delight, and the sight of a lapdragon tucking in dedicatedly to stew! A bit too enthusiastically at first, it would seem, bringing Fluffy reason to pause and furiously clean his snout, before going back to his dinner more carefully.

Upon finishing, Fluffy scooted over to Jeridan, sniffing his arm curiously. 'Thank you~! Fluffy thanks you. Dia-Dia thanks, will thank, later, when stomach isn't...growwwl brrrum!'.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:48 am

A couple of the crewmen note the escapes between the Lapdragon and the Garou-mazoku-jin, with looks of either curiosity or or amusement.

Not far from Dia and jak, the card game, hitherto silent and intense, is suddenly disrupted by a crewman's shout of "Hoomply, bitch!", as he slams an ace of hearts onto the table, getting groans and curses from his fellow sailors.

Observant sorts may note a certain cabbit is missing from the galley, however.

Jak Snide

Re: SUCCESS!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:09 am

Jak's attention was diverted towards the card game by the exclamation. He'd seen his fellow guards playing such games while he was in the barracks, but he'd never seen, or heard, anything like this before.

He tried to shuffle closer and watch the game without drawing too much attention to himself. He didn't want to burn a hole in his pocket by being drawn into the game.

At least not before he understood it. He wasn't one for gambling normally, but since drinking and wagering normally went hand in hand he'd marked such occasions as opportunities to make a few coins, although he'd yet to try his hand at it.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:25 am

(Before I forget: Bes gets +100 Exp. For making me laugh my arse off.)

The cards are shuffled, grumbling and boasting happens; Jak hears mention of how someone almost had 'applesauce'. Then the cards are cut.

There are four players, as the cards are passed out. Jak instantly notes that they don't all get the same number of cards, one gets three, another gets five, one has four, the dealer has six. There is no pattern Jak can discern.

Then the dealer draws from the deck. Then the crewman with three cards. Then the one with four cards. Then three cards again. Then four cards. Then the drawing seems to stop, as they examine their hands. It takes Jak a moment to figure this out, but he thinks it's dealer first, then the one with the fewest number of cards, for as many draws as there are players. He thinks.

Then they begin to play cards, and discard there own for others. The Dealer has an ace of spades and a four of hearts in front of him, and the five card guy a joker. Three Cards has playd a King of diamonds. Some of the discards are face up, some face down. If there is any sort of pattern or reason to any of this, Jak has nary a clue what it is.

"I'll have the King." says the five-card guy. It's taken with some grumbling, and a card that Three Cards can't see given in turn. Thee Card grins upon adding it to his deck.

Drawing begins anew, Jak noting the order has changed agai and damned if he can figure it out...

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs