Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:32 am

The Doman Guard could usually be known to deal with threats big enough to be a real concern to the safety of Doman citizens. Recently, however, disasters have wiped out several small towns to the west of Yamae. According to the survivors of these attacks, the responsible creature appears to be a toadlike figure with giant claws on the backs of its hands.

To make this worse, the creature isn't exactly acting alone. Other, larger monsters have been assisting this creature in levelling towns close to the Shuman Mountains. This has left many people in that area living in fear, wondering if their village will be next.

Were it not for this fact, the small village of Yinkar would be much more quiet today. The village apparently knows that the only way to stop this creature is to confront it. To this effect, posters describing the threat and promising a reward have begun to be placed upon buildings that people from outside the village would frequent.

(Okay, you four may begin. Since I couldn't find a place for it without sounding odd, the weather in Yinkar is currently very light rain, and it's a little brisk temperature-wise.)

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: Chaos Croaker (Closed PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 12:10 pm

A tiny figure made it's way down the road, about a mile off from the village, shivering in the rain and chill, wearing only what appears to be a slightly dirty, slightly shimmery little yellow dress.

It would be hard not to notice her, as her brilliant light blue hair shone even in the drizzly weather, as it tumbled wet and matted down her back and shoulders, the pigtails that they had been in earlier, destroyed by the rain.

One would have to guess, that she was a girl of sixteen, ....from her looks, and the fact that she was skipping barefoot down the road, and singing something, but it can't be heard. The only thing coming from her direction is the sound of wind in branches.

But what she is reveals itself in the two large dragon fly wings rising out of her back. The rarely seen, but often talked about in stories, forest fairy.

Whisper had heard gossip and rumors that there had been troubles in these towns. They were being destroyed. And where things like that were happening, there were sick and hurt people. This delighted Whisper. Not because of any sadistic streak, but it would give her a chance to practice her healing arts. She stopped to talk with a weed on the road for a moment, then enters the town, and begins looking around for some sort of pub or eatery. Preferably someplace with an inviting fire.

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx at: 5/13/04 12:15 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Boy do I wish there were a frog icon...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 12:27 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Ugh," said Jansen Cade.

He had no idea how he came to this backwards little berg the sign called Yinkar. It had started out as an investment meeting in Yamae. With Titania, that... raven haired beauty. Jansen thought back at THAT part happily. Unfortunately, he'd made the mistake of getting just a WEE bit tipsy. There was a pass made, a butt grabbed, and before he knew it, he'd been dumped outside town with nothing but his belongings and a torn up contract. Luckily, he'd seen this one-chocobo town on the horizon... but now it was kinda raining, and he needed a lift to... anywhere.

While walking, he freaked out a bit. There was something red in his eye. His brain instantly said blood. He put his hand to his face, slightly horrified. He then realized... it was just his hair.

"Pff... gotta stop doing that..."

He had looked to anywhere in town that would post chocobo stable prices. Upon looking, he came to the outside of a bar (He would have gone in, but after the trouble the sauce had gotten him into, he was going to avoid it forever... or at least till the end of the week) that smelled of droppings and cheap whiskey, and discovered the poster that advertised the reward.

He blinked, and reread it.

"Giant... frog... really..." His lips curled, and he began to snicker. It grew and grew till it became a full-on guffaw.

Now the rain on his head didn't seem so evident.

He tore the poster from its place on the wall, and shoved it in his pocket.

Ah, what the hell, he thought to himself. Might as well have some fun before I go...</span>

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 5/13/04 12:33 pm

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 1:18 pm

The fey girl stopped in the street at the sound of the red headed mans laughter. Humans were so weird! He was apparantly, laughing at a wall. And a piece of paper. This seemed extremely odd to a creature who never even thought about reading something on paper (or for that matter, knew how), let alone, find it amusing.

So she walked over and tugged on the back of his sleeve, to ask him what so very funny, or maybe if he had hurt his brain.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 1:26 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Eh?" Jansen was busted out of his little world. "Oh... nothing... just that this town's being threatened by a tadpole on mushrooms... just kinda funny..."

Jansen looked the kid over. Pff. Reminded him of Abby. Figures.

"Now scram, kid." He patted her on the head. "Big person stuff is going down..."</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 1:30 pm

Whisper merely raised one eyebrow.

"I don't get it. Explain more. Why's a frog eating mushrooms funny? Froggies don't eat mushrooms....." A pause for a few moments, then a glare of righteously cute fury, "AND I'M NOT A LITTLE KID. I'm 78!"

Hands found their way to hips, and her wings flapped indignantly, all in all, rather comical.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 1:45 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">The little fairywinged girl's statement left Jansen with a feeling. He wasn't sure it had a word, but it made him say something that crystallised that feeling.

"Yeah. Right."

He smirked and went on to say this: "Listen squirt, I gotta go find out where this warty freak lives. Go home and play with your dolls, alright?"

He started off.</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 2:03 pm

Whisper growled and clenched her fists, and let out what she thought to be a fairly rude statement, and hopefully insulting enough to get her point across. "ZOUNDS! Don't believe me you oafish rock head!"

She crosses her arms and stalks after him, intent on following him, and making a pest out of herself, her little fairy brain locked onto a new target if only for a few moments. Besides, this big froggy thing sounded alot like the rumors she's heard. Perhaps she could find someone to help along the way.

Until then, she'd be a nuisance to the red headed man.

Edited by: Vampire Jester Jinx at: 5/13/04 2:05 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 2:43 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen continued to walk, faster and faster, to try and lose the little brat, but to no avail. Finally, he stopped dead, turned on his heel, and addressed her plainly.

"Listen, KID. I appreciate the crush, but you are going to have to leave me be."

"I'm trouble." With that, he kept walking.

That reminds me... I'm going to have to go see Mirra after this...</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 2:54 pm

Whisper ignored that first comment, it didn't make sense. When did she injure him? Let alone do anything to crush him? More human nonsense. The second one was odd enough. Strange name. But then again who was she to talk?

She jogged along after him, "Well I'm Whisper, Mister Trouble, and I'm not gonna stop followin' you until I know more about the frog monster."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 3:01 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">He smiled, annoyed. "That's nice. You want to know what I know?"

He crammed the poster into her hand. "Read that. Then, leave me the hell alone, alright?"</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 3:36 pm

Whisp lets out a shriek drops the paper, and quickly begins to cover it with mud.

How dare he hand her a piece of mutilated tree? How sick! Humans were such barbarians!....Also she couldn't read, and burying things in the mud was fun.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 3:39 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen raised an eyebrow. "What the HELL is the problem?"</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 3:41 pm

From her spot in the mud, "Gimme something pointy, I'll chop off one of your body parts, makes squiggles on it, and then hand it to you. Whadaya think?"

........."Also I don't understand your crazy human scribbles. Was it something important?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 3:49 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">He grumbled to himself. "Ah shit, a treehugger...

"Listen..." he said it as if she were simple (and frankly, he thought she was), "those scribbles were words. And they said that the frog's been hurting a lot of people and destroying a lot of their homes. And if we kill it, there'll be a big honking reward. Do you understand?" ya little twerp?</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Whisp merely stood up and wiped some of the mud off her knees.

"Egads! He finds me basic! Great thundering dirt man." But as Whisper said that in dialect of blue bird, (Blue birds are known for swearing in fey circles.), Mr. Cade likely wouldn't understand.

"I don't want any money, Mr. Trouble. I'm just tryin' to practice. An' if he's hurtin' people, then that's great! More practice! So I'm comin' whether or not ya want me." This of course was said in perfect common, as the little fey woman stood as tall as her slight height allowed, and gave him a look of triumph.

As a side note, Whisper wondered in the back of her mind, why he had said hugging trees like it was an insult.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu May 13, 2004 4:53 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">To Jansen's ears, it sounded like tweets followed up by a bad, bad, proclamation.

"Ugh... fine, kid. Come along. But if the frog eats you like a fly at feces, don't blame me, alright?"

He grumbled. Why do the kids all follow me? Yeesh. Do I look like Choobo the Chocobo?</span>

Vampire Jester Jinx

It's the hair.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu May 13, 2004 5:01 pm

Whisp merely wore a smug smile, and walked beside him, walking that soon turned to marching, then to skipping, punctuated with flapping. There is nothing quite like gloating fairy girl.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu May 13, 2004 6:09 pm

Another figure trudged his way into Yinkar. The coach had stopped in Yamae, and he hadn't felt it necessary to hire any other form of transportation. Still, though the weather wasn't too bad yet, he didn't think he'd be going any further today.

Marius wasn't exactly a pampered noble, but he did enjoy his comforts. A hot meal in front of the fire would do wonders. Not for the first time, he reflected upon the oddness of his current mission. His friend Asini had been acting strangely lately, and to ask that Marius spend a few days out on the western border and return with his impressions was stranger yet.

When Marius had pressed him for an explanation, Asini had said only that he would answer all of Marius' questions upon his return. Thankfully, his schedule had been open enough to accommodate such a trip. It seemed a small price to pay for some answers.

Thus far, the trip had been uneventful, aside from rumours of some frog-like creature terrorising the countryside. It was something Marius intended to look into if the opportunity presented itself. Along with the question of what, precisely, the Guard was doing about it.

For the moment, however, he made for the inn, intent upon getting out of the rain.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri May 14, 2004 12:54 am

The expression "Raining cats and dogs" is a common one during the rainy season- Though it's used to explain a hard rain, not a slight drizzle. However, if tweaked a bit to, say, "Raining children", well, we might just get the situation here-

Because a child just fell out of the sky, having appeared about 10 feet in the air.

A toe-headed young girl of about 8 or so wrapped in a black cloak with a pattern like flames on it hit the ground near Jansen and Whisper with a slight "Thud". Standing and adjusting herself- Along with her clothing, consisting of the aformentioned cloak, a matching circlet over her head, armlets, and anklets- With what appeared to be beggars clothing underneath. She cleaned herself as well as possible, before quickly taking a look around- Allowing her eyes to settle on Jason.

"Hey, Mr...Person! ...Where am I?"

(As a note for Div- I'm willing to accept any damages from the fall and a deduction to her MP for the unskilled Teleport, if you see it nessessary.

Edit: I was probably talking to Pervy about Bes, or it could've been an honest to god typo. ._.)

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 5/14/04 5:26 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri May 14, 2004 4:58 pm

(For getting Cha's character's name wrong, I'm gonna do such as punishment. It's Jansen, not Jason.)

Falchetta, when she stood up, realized she hit the ground harder than she originally thought. Her legs and wrists felt quite sore from the impact, but surprisingly, nothing was broken.

(....whoo-ee, the dice were being swift in their retribution today. Falchetta took 30 damage from that fall.)

Meanwhile, the inn Marius entered seemed awfully small, and it looked deserted save for two people. One was a short and lean man with fine black hair and brown eyes. Judging from his clothing, he seemed to be the innkeeper. He looked right up at Marius as he entered.

The other, a garoujin, was much closer to the door to which she had her back turned, drinking some tea and reading something. Just what she was reading Marius couldn't tell at this distance. This garoujin had gray fur, and wore a green vest, a red shirt under the vest, and darker green pants. She was apparently a short person as well, for the sword strapped to her back appeared to be larger than she was. However, since said sword was in a sheath made mainly of silver, it was impossible to tell anything about the blade.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri May 14, 2004 5:28 pm

Suddenly realising the pain in her wrists and legs from the fall, Falchetta did what any 8 year old child would do after falling in the way she did in a totally unfimiliar place- She began to tear up a bit.

"Misteeer Peeersoooon, I hurt my legs!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 14, 2004 6:53 pm

(Lex has given me control of Whisper. What possessed her to do such a thing is beyond me...)

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen just blinked.

"Another... kid. Great. Juuuuuust great... where's my pistol, I think I'll ventilate my head..."</span>

Whisper grinned. "Yay! Practice!" She fluttered over to the little girl, and gave her a cute little kiss on the cheek...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 5/14/04 7:27 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 14, 2004 7:48 pm

"Good afternoon, sir," Marius said, nodding politely to the inkeep, "Could I trouble you for a hot meal and a room for the night?" If the cut of his clothing hadn't revealed his upper-class origins, his voice certainly would have.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun May 16, 2004 11:31 am

Whisper's kiss proved to work well in healing Falchetta's injuries from her fall. ....although, just like every kiss Whisper gave, this came with an unfortunate side effect.

In this case, Falchetta could feel an itching sensation around her lower arms and legs.

(22 HP is healed, and I hope Lex does not mind my slightly adjusting the luckout effects to make them more appropriate.)

"Certainly fine by me," the innkeep responded. "Business has been kind of slow, so it's quite a welcome sight to see someone willing to stay a night."

The garoujin immediately spoke up, her voice quite the contrast to Marius's - she'd clearly come from a less fortunate background. "If you want to risk it, sir, go right ahead."

Marius could tell the innkeeper gave the garoujin a look that was telling her to shut up.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun May 16, 2004 4:43 pm

"Is there something I should know about?" Marius asked, cocking an eyebrow at the innkeeper as he turned towards the garoujin woman, plainly inviting her to continue.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:02 pm

"It's not about this place," the garoujin responded. "You wanna know why business is slow for this guy? No one wants to stay in any villages on this side anymore, thanks to recent events.

Mind you, I don't work with him, I'm just saying something that should make perfect sense. He only cares about his business."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun May 16, 2004 5:06 pm

Falchetta looked confused for a minute. Back in Barius, her Mah had been able to kiss things and make them better, but she was the only one who could do that. But now, this weird blue haired girl could, too. Naturally, only one thing crossed Falchetta's mind, as she looked up to Whisper and blurted-

"Do you know my Mah?"

Then, she noticed the itching, and began to work at it through her cloak as best she could with the anklets and armlets in the way.

"I feel better, but now I'm all itchy! ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY!"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon May 17, 2004 8:59 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen thought... and smirked.

He took note of the position of a rainbarrel filled with runoff from the rains. He took the little girl in his arms, and gently dipped her in the water, holding her there.

"Better, squirt?"

If this kid whines to her parents about the mean man who got her wet, I'll just... not be here... </span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon May 17, 2004 9:41 pm

Marius nodded, "I do appreciate the warning, but I doubt that I'd be able to make any other village by nightfall, and sleeping on the road holds no great appeal for me. Perhaps you could fill me in on these events, though?" he asked, pulling out a chair to sit in, "I had heard some rumours, but they have been rather vague."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon May 17, 2004 10:08 pm

Once Falchetta actually got to scratching at the itch, it went away. The itching wasn't like mosquito bites, thankfully.

Which made Jansen's move to dunk Falchetta look all the more ridiculous. Several villagers had taken the chance to stare at Jansen now.

"They're only vague because the survivors are too shaken to say more," the garoujin continued. "Giant toadlike figure with claws on the backs of its hands has been destroying villages. I don't expect you to know what kind of creature that is, but what's important is that this thing hasn't been working alone."

She paused for a moment, and then added, "I'd say more, but, well, not sure how you'd take it. And not too clear on it myself. Just going on what I've learned about these things."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 17, 2004 10:23 pm

"Gyaha!" Falchetta screamed all the way from the start- From Jansen grabbing her, to dipping her. Being wet from rain, she didn't mind. Being wet from an impromptu bath, she did.

"Hey, I wasn't stinky! I didn't need a bath!...Yet!"

She quickly looked around, then tugged on Janson's shirt, pointing at a random person.

"Uh, Mr. Person man...They're staring at us..."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue May 18, 2004 12:14 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"... eh heh..."

Jansen lifted her from the water, and patted her on the head.

If only the law allowed me to pull my gun to get these people's eyes OFF me...</span>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 18, 2004 10:13 pm

Marius nodded thoughtfully, "Is anything being done about this by the authorities? I would at least expect the Guard to send a small force to investigate."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu May 20, 2004 2:23 pm

"The last village that sent militia to investigate got levelled faster than the others," the garoujin stated, looking to the ceiling. "And I swear, the guards haven't been taking this as seriously as th-"

"Who're you kidding?" the innkeeper interrupted. "The Guards sent people to investigate all right."

Here the garoujin got a lot more serious. ".....in that case, they never returned."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu May 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Falchetta tugged on Jansen's shirt again, trying to get his attention. "Can we go inside or something, Mr. Person Man? I don't like people looking at me like that...It's like how Yun and Aden used to when I said something they thought was dumb..."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 21, 2004 8:57 pm

Marius nodded quietly. This was beginning to sound very serious indeed. Anything that could destroy several villages and a guard contingent sent to investigate was nothing to be taken lightly. Certainly it was nothing Marius cared to mess with on his own.

Unfortunately, while the Guard assembled a larger force to combat the threat, who knew what havoc they might wreak. There had to be something he could do about the situation, but what?

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri May 21, 2004 9:43 pm

<span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;">"Eh? Oh, fine... you should really learn how to not care what people think..."

Jansen motioned to Whisper to follow. "C'mon, pixie wings..."</span></span>

Whisper looked annoyed. "I don't have pixie wings. I have fey wings. There's a difference. Mine are bigger."

<span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;">"Yeah, whatever," he said uncaringly, as he searched for a place away from eyes...</span></span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat May 22, 2004 12:13 am

Even though this was a small village, a good number of the buildings in the area where Jansen, Falchetta, and Whisper stood were private houses. The most accessible place outside of the view from the streets was the local inn, which, judging from the sign next to the door, was known as the "Screaming Sword".

The garoujin paused for thought. "What angers me is that I have been tracking this beast ever since my own village was crushed, and it still evades me."

She slammed her fist on the table here, clearly steamed about something.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 25, 2004 5:38 am

Marius nodded somberly. "If there is any aid I can give you in this, don't hesitate to let me know," he said. It was perhaps a rash thing to say, but this wasn't the sort of thing that he could walk away from.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs