The Baron Breakdown: Den of Thieves.

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
GC130A

Re: Au contraire. Now that you are here, what we have is...

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:59 pm

He had expected people. Really, he had. What he hadn't expected was the heavily-tattooed succubus standing in front of him. Don't start getting the wrong ideas, he wasn't the least bit impressed by the sight of her like other, less intelligent members of his age and gender demographic.

He was, however, more than a little on edge. Putting a man in the same room as someone who can suck souls tends to get that effect. He took his cup and stood against a nearby wall, saying nothing.

The Great Nevareh

Re: Au contraire. Now that you are here, what we have is...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:06 am

Nevareh and Daenj'r don't seem to mind or even notice the fact that Mae is a succubus. And if Nevareh is noticing the fairly obvious fear that Winfred is expressing, she certainly isn't saying anything. It's as though she doesn't think anything that someone else can easily point out needs to be said. She sits there, sipping her now cremed-and-sugared coffee, and relishing the taste.
"You know, you're an awful salesman. Thus far all you've done is given me something, and I have yet to hear about your wonderful selection of wares. Let alone mention the great ingredients that you risked your life to acquire and the secret arts you used to brew your miracle products that were handed down to you from the ancient masters of potioncraft. No, Mae isn't going to rob you while you're not looking. At least, I don't think she is. *Yawn* Time's a-wastin', Toasty."

GC130A

A great strength of feet!

Unread postby GC130A » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:27 am

Still watching Mae carefully, Toasty sipped his coffee and said simply, "There's a simple reason for that. Why bother? There's no point in working up a sweat swearing up and down that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread when you're talking to someone who's seen through your entire gig in a heartbeat."

He did realize, though, that he had a sale to make, and indicating the potion in Nevareh's hand, explained, "That said, what you're holding right there is a blend of banana, strawberry, nutmeg, honey, orange, milk, salt, and a hella lot of diet supplementals. Guaranteed to rehydrate, resupply and revitalize your body with everything you've so cruelly deprived it of in the last twelve hours. Expensive fare and much of it Argovian, but tastes like a bit like brick mortar mixed with those useless 'stamina drinks' everyone's so big on these days sprinkled with a light touch of ginger. Which is why you get it free if you can down the whole thing at a go, but if you can't manage that, it's three hundred zante. Do we have a deal?"

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gc130a>GC130A</A] at: 10/25/04 12:52 pm

The Great Nevareh

Re: A great strength of feet!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:01 am

"Feh. Down it in one go, eh? All right. I've had my share of brick mortar."
Nevareh unstoppers the flask and up-ends it down her throat. It probably doesn't even go over her tongue, just straight down her stomach. The entire contents drain into her throat before she levels her head and shakes it slightly, then keeps a straight face for about five seconds before she collapses in a scream of despair and downs the rest of her coffee before she deigns to speak again.
"That... was definitely a taste experience."

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:38 pm

Winfred grinned.

"Congratulations, dear, you've entered the ranks of a select few whose taste for sense far outpaced their sense of taste. May I have your name?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:57 pm

Mae, on the other hand, was having trouble keeping in her seat, due to the sheer volume of laughter she was producing. It seemed that Nevareh's situation was quite humorous.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:09 am

"My name is the last thing I'll give to a guy calling himself 'Toaster.' And cut it out, demon girHKKKKKK!!!!!"
The last part of that sentence is Nevareh fighting back a dry heave as her system tries very hard(yet fails, thankfully) to reject the concoction. She hefts herself back up using a countertop and stands herself on her feet, once again shaking her head.
"Damn, what was in that? I feel like I've been knocked up with a sledgehammeHKKKK!!!!"

The Great Nevareh

Nezetta... DOES SOMETHING?!?!!!?

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:56 am

As Nezetta walks down the hallway in search of morning reading, she overhears two people talking- One of them is the head of the contingent of guard with the Barian assemblage, Lady Serejevo, and the other is a voice that she finds vaguely familiar, but not really all that specific in intonation and value- probably just a guardsman or a soldier that Nezetta doesn't know.

"You're kidding me." intones Ladu Serejevo.
"I speak truth, my lady."
"You can't be serious."
"I am completely serious, my lady."
"That's what the commotion at the castle was about?"
"So it is said, my lady."
"Is this anything aside from rumor?"
"The rumors are being substantiated by recent happenings, my lady."
"What are these 'facts' of which you speak?"
"Despite that the authorities claim that nothing was stolen, the case has recently been given up from the regular guard and army investigators and been handed over to the Crown Investigators- the case is being given special attention by the famed Carim Schartzturm. Such would not occur unless something important had happened, my lady."
"A fire being started in the castle is important."
"Not important enough to warrant the Crown Investigators, my lady."
"You are sure of this?"
"Yes, my lady. The secret of the Airship has most likely been taken into rogue hands."
"They might approach buyers... if they are incredibly stupid or on a tight, tight schedule, they would do so while the delegations are still in the city."
"Perhaps, my lady."
"All right, thank you. Inform me regularly."

As the conversation breaks up, one set of footsteps approaches where Nezetta had been standing, inadvertently eavesdropping on the conversation. As Lady Serejevo comes into view, she is clearly in deep thought. She bows lightly to Nezetta in a cursory manner, as though her body is on auto-pilot, and continues down the hall.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Nezetta... DOES SOMETHING?!?!!!?

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:10 am

Nezetta bows back, thinking for a moment. She could tell Lady Serejevo she heard the entire thing, but she may get in trouble. She could say she only heard part of it, and get in less, or she could try to figure things out on her own. She figures the second would be the best option, as she turns in the direction Serejevo walked, and asks- "Excuse me, Lady Serejevo...Where would I find the Crown Investigators?"

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:13 pm

"Hmm? I don't know, milady. Ask your guardian or someone around town."
The compact woman seems distracted- normally she would directly make the connection. She continues to tromp off in her silently disturbing manner, making no noise with her footfalls. She's soon gone, turned off to another corridor.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 am

With that, Nezetta goes to get dressed, and makes her way into the town, looking for any clues as to where she could find the Crown Investigators.

The logical place to begin looking, she figures, is the locale guard station or police department.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:03 am

No one follows Nezetta- since she dismissed Mariah and had yet to tell anyone that Mariah had been dismissed, which will probably get Mariah in trouble. But, who cares, really?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:21 am

Whoops.

(Edit: Crappy post, but yeah. Couldn't resist.)

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:20 pm

Toaster sipped his coffee and put a single finger to his chin. His expression was that of sublime revelation, of a man who's just realized something frightfully important. However, he was next to the door and quite ready to run. Not like it should be necessary.

"Oh yes, this is the part where I charge you an exorbitent price for the antidote to that, isn't it? Silly me, I keep forgetting these things. Five thousand, lest your skin start boiling; we wouldn't want that to happen to such a lovely specimen as yourself, would we, dear?"

Now, in reality the hangover cure was exactly what Winfred had said it was, and the antidote he was trying to hawk was another bit of flavored water. But then, with the imminent threat of skin boiling, could Nevareh take that chance?

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:55 pm

"I don't believe you. Much too risHHHHHKKK!!!! *urgh* Besides, the guard would capture you and flog you in pulHKKKKKKK!!!!! *hrrgh*... public before incarcerating you for several years or just plain eHKKKKKKKK!!!!! *blargh*... executing you for malicious use of magic. If you're goinHKKKKKKK!!!! *belch*... going to lie, make it seem profitable. Besides, there are two people in hKKKKKKKK!!!!! *egh*... here who would probably rip you to shreds if what you said was true. You need some lessons in how to do this righHHHHHHKKKKKK!!!!*urp*... right, Toasty."
-----------------------------------------
As Nezetta begins to leave the estate that the Barians have claimed as their temporary compound, she is halted by a set of guards who are standing at the doorway- they look perfectly unarmed and unarmored (which of course they aren't) and are in the process of doing gate duty. They'll probably want to know if Nezetta is suitably armed, then they'll check to see if there is someone assigned to bodyguard Nezetta for the period of time she's out. The security here is tighter than anywhere else, and those regulations have special bearing on Barion diplomats and Barian nationals leaving the compound.
Because you can never trust mainlanders.

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:14 am

Toasty had but one comment to offer: "It's funny how you can stand here and say that, considering you can't even stand. Don't you agree?"

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:25 am

"Look at the demoness over theHKKKKKK!!!!!*bleh*... there. She's having the time of her life. And how do you know the coffee isn't poisoned? I could be one of those peoplHKKKKKKK!!!!!*yeargh*... people who collects bodies in their basement."

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:37 am

Toast laughed in the fashion of one greatly amused. "You think I've actually been drinking this? Come now, give me more credit than -that-."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:52 am

Nezetta glances at the guards, bowing to each in turn. Upon the check for weapon, she shall remind them of the slight martial arts training she has for such occasions- And remind them that she has training in the arts of Ice magic. Upon the inquary of a bodyguard, she shall invoke her right to be alone at times (A girl needs her privacy, after all, expecially when they have secrets like Nezetta's). Furthermore, she shall ask one of the guards to find a replacement for Mariah, explaining she dismissed her earlier and has pressing business to attend to- Thus leaving her little time to do so herself.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:21 am

"You... DISMISSED Captain Senontovich? Have you told lady Serejevo that you have done so? I apologize for questioning you, my lady, but we are short of guard as it is, and this is not the best place to discharge soldiers that you might not find to your liking. Would you like us to dispose of Captain Senontovich as to protect whatever secrets she might have? I can make it swift and painless, my lady!"
-------------------------
"No, but the poison *couldn't* be in the coffee. We're drinHHHHHHKKKKK!!!!*gurgle*..."
And from that point on, Nevareh appeared to be fine.
"Aherm... As I was saying, the poison couldn't be in the coffee, since we're drinking the coffee. It would have to be on the cup that you're drinking from, and since I directed you as to where you could get your cup, I could thus make sure you're drinking from the poisoned ones- You HAVE been feigning drinking the coffee, thus if there was poison on the cups, you'd be buggered and at my mercy. A moot point, really, since we both know we're not in the process of trying to poison one another. Y'know what? I feel better! That cure worked. Now, what was it I had in mind?"

--------------------------------------
"What now, sir?"
Noah, in his outlandish shirt, is eager to continue his day. He continues to sip his tea from his thermal container.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:30 am

This day, a great tradition started. This was the first time Nezetta would deal with the likes of the people who'd constantly arrange meetings between her face and palm. Doing so, she rubbed her face for a moment. "That's...Not what I MEANT. I MEANT I sent her to go to sleep, as she had NOT been RESTED. She is STILL with the ARMY, just SLEEPING." This was all said through grit teeth with a slight glare. It wasn't the proudest of moments for her, but...Well, it had to be done.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:02 am

In acting out what she sincerely wanted to do, the other soldier smacked the eager one upside the head. "Idiot! Many apologies, lady Nezetta. I shall at once inform Lady Serejevo of your departure, and please return by lunch so we can know that you are safe."
The woman who just smacked the guy upside the head bows deeply and opens the door for Nezetta to pass through.

GC130A

dot

Unread postby GC130A » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:35 am

"What a shame! I was starting to enjoy this little charade... now, I would suggest that you dance for my egotistical amusement, but that would hardly be polite, would it? You did mention something about teaching Toaster to tell tall tales?"

Another sip of the not-so-poisoned coffee from the not-really-poisoned cup was promptly done, and then Winfred realized he never really liked the crap and set the cup down on a neaby counter.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gc130a>GC130A</A] at: 11/8/04 8:13 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: dot

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:54 pm

<span style="color:blue;">Sllllllllllp.

That was the sound of Daenj'r finishing off his cup of coffee. With a satisfied, "Aaaaahhh..." he put his cup on the counter and went over to Nev.

"I'm done my coffee. I'll be good now... ..." He looked at Winfred.

"... who's this guy again?"</span>

The Great Nevareh

Dot indeed.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:51 pm

"That's a good question. He called himself "toaster" or something, so that's what I've been calling him. I think he wants my money, just like you two, and is thus misguided in thinking I have money in the first place. Only he's not a good thief, so he'd have an even harder time getting my imaginary money. He's got a really effective hangover cure on him, though- and it's free if you can down it in one gulp."
Nevareh pours herself another cup of coffee and sips at it mildly. She seems somewhat disinterested in her surroundings now that they no longer seem to vibrate with disturbing brilliance that is too much for the eye to take.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Dot indeed.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:07 pm

<span style="color:blue;">Dae grinned. "What hangover? Who the hell needs potions when you got a good cup o' joe?

"By the way, that was a really good cup of joe... nice work, Nevvy. What other stuff he got in there?"</span>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:42 am

Nezetta passes through the gates, but not before bowing to both gaurds in turn. Looking for the local police, she kept constant watch for any guardsmen that could help.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:35 am

Baronian guardsmen are difficult to spot in the more wealthy neighborhoods, since the nobles tend to maintain their own guard contingent apart from the city's police force. The noble guards tend to be paid more, have more perks, and have more powers in their jurisdiction than the city police, and thus the city police tend to steer clear of the noble guards, especially the foreign noble guards. The Barian compound is located in one such neighborhood, with plenty of foreign noble guards that are prowling the area almost nonstop in the casual paranoia that follows Lady Serejevo wherever she is on duty. Previous interactions with Capt. Senontovich and other like-minded individuals have most likely driven whatever local city guard away from that block.
However, even though this street is devoid of guards, it is not devoid of people. This area isn't as crowded as, say, the market district, but there is the constant traffic of errand-runners and gofers, as well as public street cleaners and another myriad of professions whose entire job is to be on the street. A bit more than half of the people wandering around on this block are human, which is a sharp contrast with Baron City's great majority of human population. The Nekonian delegation is a block and a half down the road (in an ornate, richly decorated and expensively-rented manor), as well as numerous other representative embassies and compounds. Almost all of the delegations are housed in this neighborhood.
Anyhow, most people probably speak common, and at least a quarter if them would be willing to give directions.

FlamingDeth

Re: Wakko Yakko!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:13 pm

As soon as Dae wasn't looking in her direction, Mae gave the standard 'hush' gesture to Nevareh. After all, Toaster was turning out to be quite a giant heap of entertainment, and it would be interesting to see if Dae was enough of a fool to buy anything, something that wouldn't happen if Dae was in some way tipped off to the scam.

She returned to watching the unfolding drama of Daenj'r and the Mystery Liquids.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 11/11/04 2:28 pm

GC130A

Re: Wakko Yakko!

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:08 pm

Winfred turned to Dae, not really caring about making sales at this point. After all, might as well make things interesting...

"Let's see... this green one gives you looks, this blue one gives you luck, this orange one makes you heal faster, not to be confused with this orange one which makes you accidentally impale yourself in the eye next time you fight. This red one helps your blood clot, all the maroon ones keep your soul trapped in your body, and this fuschia one helps you think. This fuschia one decapitates a forest critter somewhere far away, and this hot pink one might make you fluffy, but it's not guaranteed. Oh, and the white ones give you the runs. Tell me what you want, and I'll tell you the price, eh?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Here's the show's name-y...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:23 pm

<span style="color:blue;">"I dunno, man," Daenj'r said reluctantly. "None of that s@#$ sounds very appetizin'... plus, half it I don't need... 'specially that looks one..." A cheeky grin crossed his lips...

He leaned in a little closer, not wanting the ladies to hear. "Got anythin' for attractin' the opposite sex, though? Those two are a little... distant, if ya know what I'm sayin'..."</span>

GC130A

Re: Here's the show's name-y...

Unread postby GC130A » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:41 pm

Winfred smiled placidly. Pointing out to Dae that he and Nevareh were both half-naked and probably didn't need any help getting close would be... premature. He quietly replied, "The mental enhancer it is. Three hundred zante, a damn fine bargain; let's just say I'm eager to see you succeed?"

He leaned back and matched the grin, speaking more loudly so the ladies could hear, "I disagree; I've seen cacti with more appeal, and you -could- use a nice coat of fur, winter coming on and all."

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:19 am

Nevareh stifles a giggle, then motions to Mae that she understands the sentiment. Plus, considering that she believes that all of the mystery liquids probably do nothing but quench the thirst with a nice sugary aftertaste, she is actually mildly amused that Dae, a seasoned grifter, is falling for the scam... if he is at all. She continues to sip her coffee while idly wondering where her pants went.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:38 am

Nezetta picks one of the people cleaning the street- They're probably most in the know about the city. Approaching one, she quietly asks for directions- "E...Excuse me, I'm a bit turned around. Not from around here, you see...Could you tell me how to get to the nearest guard station...?" She bowed a bit as she asked, hoping that would help her.

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:30 pm

The target of her query, a street cleaner, takes an appraising glance at her, and then answers in what could very well be Common!
"Oi, y'knead t'know th'woy t'th' gard stoishion, luv? Allroight, y'go down th'street fo' a coupla' blocks, then y'gowe an' moike a left at th' "Roo Jardinyay," an' y gowe anutheh coupla' blocks 'till ya roich th' cathaydral t'Ishtar, 'n moike a roight. Th' big buildin' w'all th'coppehs goin' in n' out izzit. Ifnye get lost, jus ask some plonker fuh moowe direcshions. Y'cn troi knockin' up on some tossah's dooah, but tha' pissin' in th'wind. Now piss orf, luv. Cain't piss around on me job, heyah. Don' mean t'whinge, but cain't be havin' me pants at me ankles w'me willie in th'wind"
And thus he continued cleaning the street.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:41 pm

<span style="color:blue;">Daenj'r didn't clue in. "What the f@#$ are you talking about? I don't need fur..."

It would take at least another try or two...</span>

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Winfred looked at Dae to see if he was serious. Determining he was, he assumed a superior smirk and a more colloquial accent, "Not the sharpest tool in the shed? Well, I'll spell it out for you. Chicks dig a guy who knows the right thing to say at the right time. And you, buddyo, haven't got it up here."

He tapped his head, the universal symbol of mental ability and conscious thought. One of these was questionably present in his companion. The other, wholly lacking.

He grinned and leaned his head back. "They like a guy who's furry, too, or who looks damn good. You're struck down three times, friend!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:55 am

Nezetta stood for a moment, her mouth hanging open ever so slightly, until words finally found their way out- "What...In the name of the storm did you just say?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:27 pm

<span style="color:blue;">Daenj'r didn't realize it at the time, but those words would stick in his head, and be retrieved later with great success. But for now, they were of no use to him.

"... I'm going to f@#$ you up if you keep calling me stupid," he flatly said. "F@#$ you up BAD."</span>

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:17 pm

Win shrugged. "I'm not calling you stupid. Just... in need of a little help. Everyone's got their own brand of smarts, and eloquence isn't yours."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs