A Job in Riva

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Selene Starblade

Re: A Job in Riva

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:05 pm

Zail nods once, shortly.

"I believe I know enough to sssay that I will acthept the job."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:03 am

"And the payment?" Zorek asked bluntly. Now was as good a time as any to raise the issue.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:22 am

"Ah yes, pay... I will give you 1,000 gil if you bring back usable proof, and 2,500 gil if you clear them out completely. Does that seem fair to you?"

*He smiled, slightly, apparently uncertain of what was appropriate in this situation.*

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:41 pm

A short laugh greeted this suggestion. "Let us say ten thousand. Half now, half upon successful completion." There was room for negotiation, of course, but 2500 gil was a mere pittance. Admittedly, the job did not sound that hard, but it was a matter of principle.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:08 pm

Khoray's immediate reaction to the high price a supposed 'ally' was putting forth was that of ridicule.

"Oh, don't be so absurd with that price. Why, asking for that much for a job so simple is just plain idiocy."

He then turned to the lord that was giving this job.

"And as for the job... I'm definitely up for it."

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:24 pm

"Ten thousand!? Out of the question. I will, however, raise the base to 2,000 and the optimal sucess to 3,500... And I hope that this satisfies all of you..."

*He frowned, as if mentally totaling the amount that this would cost him.*

"Well, seems good enough for me."

*Stated Maxwell, the job did not seem like it would be so bad.*

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:10 pm

"I'll get more information for sure. But we'll see if they're worth killing." Mahou had her eyes closed and her expression held nothing.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:17 pm

The question presented itself. Was such a fee worthy of his time? The answer was yes, if barely. This was one of the reasons he so disliked working with others. They insisted on equal pay, and few people would pay a large sum to four people.

Well, small fee or not, this was still easy money, and as such, Zorek would not turn it down.

"Very well," he said in the end, with the air of someone making a great concession - which he was.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:38 pm

Khoray suddenly had a thought. He glanced around at his allies quickly.

"So, can we get going right away on this? I'd rather we get this done as soon as possible."

Before daylight hits and I'm trapped inside.....

Khoray didn't add this last thought, as he didn't want to reveal any hints to his true nature just yet. However, his tone of voice did sound as if he were hiding some sort of information.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:42 pm

Zail nods.

"Yeth. The fassster, the better."

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:05 pm

"Yes, I too am eager for you to get started. You can get maps from the gaurds on the way out, they will show you approximately where the encampement is." He smiled, and gave a dismissive gesture, heading out a side door.

"Well then, I suppose we had best be off."

*Maxwell smiled, and headed towards the door.*

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm

Khoray followed slowly after Maxwell. Before long, however, he glanced back at Zail.

"....I don't think I've ever heard an accent like that anywhere. I find it just... well... incredibly unusual."

Now let's hope that she isn't offended by that, Khoray thought afterward.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:44 am

Zail gives the man a puzzled look as she follows behind him.

"Acthent? What acthent? I ssspeak perfectly normally, thankth."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:18 am

Small talk had never been Zorek's strong point. He simply nodded and walked from the room, intent upon claiming what little information the guards possessed.

Khoray's tone had not been lost upon him. Something was was worrying him. Still, provided it did not interfere with their enterprise, he couldn't care less.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:07 pm

"I meant the 'ssss' and the 'th'," Khoray answered. He'd realized that he should have been more clear about what he meant.

Yet he thought of things differently in some circumstances. This could have been construed as one of them.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:39 am

Zail frowns slightly at Khoray, though she does not seem actually upset at all.

"That isss not sssomething I have any control over. My tongue ith not like yoursss. It'th made for sssmelling and sssuch, not for thpeaking or eating."

She glances around at the empty, dark streets, then looks to Khoray again.

"I might asss well claim that you thpeak funny if you were to try to ssspeak Naga, becaussse you're not suited to that language any more than I am to thith one."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:20 pm

Mahou listened for a while to the conversation, content to sit silently to the side. She decided that it would be more effective is she went ahead of them and made her way towards the guards at the gate.

"I've been told that I can get a map here," she stated simply.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:27 pm

*The gaurd nods, and hands over one of a number of identicle maps. It shows the surrounding area, with a medium-sized circle over where the encampment is believed to be. It is in an odd position, apparently in a cave that is almost surrounded by hills on all sides, with one stable path leading to it.*

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:08 pm

Zorek collected his own map, studying it. It made sense. Only one easily accessible entry, and doubtless hundreds of bolt-holes if things went badly wrong.

Doubtless the path would be watched. Not that he'd be spotted if he set his mind to remaining unnoticed. Whether the same could be said for the others was a different question entirely.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:58 pm

Khoray glanced slightly away from Zail, and, holding back a chuckle, he answered, "I'll pass on that, thank you very much."

He then picked up his own map map, giving it a careful look.

Cave.... one entry.... damn, they'll know we're coming. Least this isn't in a forest.

He glanced around, motioning for the others to follow him, and slowly started to head in the direction the map was hinting at. After several steps, however, he stopped, as if waiting for the group to follow him.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:17 pm

Zorek shrugged and followed. Might as well get started now. The time for further plans would be when they'd seen the lay of the ground for themselves.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:09 am

Zail peers over Zorek's shoulder at the map, frowning slightly.

"Thisss isss motht inconvenienthing. Mayhapth I sshould go on ahead and look for another way in, or perhapth a good vantage point? Unlesssss sssomeone elssse hath a better idea?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:57 pm

Mahou studied the map until the tiniest detail. "Hm. Should be simple for an elf." She began walking giving no indication that she planned on working with the rest of them. As she walked she checked the status of her weapons and armor.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:43 pm

"If you wish," Zorek said, rolling up the map and continuing on his way to the city gates. He knew what his own plans were, and the naga's would have no impact on them one way or another.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:27 am

Zail frowns, folding her arms over her breasts. This is not good. She has seen what happens when multiple people work independently on the same thing like this. True, it was hunting, and not finding evidence of rebellion, but...

Her face clearing, she twists at the 'waist' to look at the relatively quiet fourth applicant for the job.

"Will you, at leatht, consssider working with me? I really don't think that independent work will leave usss doing anything other than getting in each other'th waysss...."

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:55 pm

*Maxwell studied the map for a moment, then looked after their exiting comrade.*

"We should try to stick together. Let's follow him, otherwise who knows when we'll run into him next."

*Hurries after Zorek*

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:28 pm

"Or if we'll run into him again."

Khoray, adding this to Maxwell's statement, followed Zorek as well, but farther back than Maxwell was.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:02 am

Zail frowns as she follows Max.

"That wath my point. He doesssn't sssseem eckssssactly inclined to any sort of cooperathion. Are you sssure we thould be following him?"

She moves fast enough to keep herself even with Max for the moment.

She is beginning to like this situation less and less. Could nobody understand the common-sense concept of working in tandem?

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:51 am

*And so everyone was following Zorek, because of this Zorek headed to/did*

OOC: Bump! I think Kelne has center stage for the moment.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:13 am

Zorek, ignoring the gaggle of associates trailing along behind him, headed out of town and towards the trail marked on the map. Finding the place would not be overly difficult. All he need do was to follow the directions of the map and continue walking.

Selene Starblade

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:59 am

OOC: ::blandly:: And so, the topic abruptly suffered an early death, because the person running it did not have the characters run into anything of interest, and the character in the lead did not do anything of interest, while the others followed him. Whoopee.

Could we get something happening here, please?

The Dark Gun

OOC: EEP!! EEP!! EEP!!

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:28 pm

OOC: Sorry! Mysobad! Image Image Image Image (Someone kick/kill me next time I show up in the chat, I deserve it!). I fear I ended up going on vacation for a week and did not manage to post here that such a thing was going to come to pass. I will, in fact, be posting here tonight/tomorrow. Sorry! Please don't send Image after me >.<

IC: *The walk itself, rather uneventful, was realitively short, spanning the time of about an hour and a half. About this point Zorek, and all the others, could see the narrow pass that was the only easy access to the cave where the band's suspected base was*

Edited by: The Dark Gun&nbsp; Image at: 7/6/03 7:36 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: OOC: EEP!! EEP!! EEP!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:56 pm

Upon sighting the pass, Zorek nodded to himself and turned to face the others.

"I suggest that you stop following me now," he said simply, "When the time comes, I will find you."

With that, the assassin turned back towards the ascending path. It would, certainly, be watched. Equally certainly, that would do the people above no good. Drawing the darkness around him, Zorek merged with the shadows and slipped silently upwards along the path.

Divinegon2130

Re: OOC: EEP!! EEP!! EEP!!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:35 pm

Khoray could not believe what Zorek was doing. To Khoray, going into an enclosed space like a cave alone was almost certainly an invitation to death.

With this in mind, he turned to the rest of his group, waiting until Zorek had walked far enough away before whispering, "I can't let him do this. Not on his own."

Then he slowly followed where Zorek had gone, trying his best to stay hidden from... whatEVER would have been watching.

The Dark Gun

Back to stuff in general

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:07 pm

*Khoray lost sight of Zorek instantly as he vanished into the shadows. As Zorek continued forwards down the path he, at first, saw nothing of note, until he approached the cave closer, where he saw, somewhat indestinctly, a number of armored figures crouching behind the small bushes that had managed to grow around the cave.*

Divinegon2130

Re: Back to stuff in general

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:19 pm

DAMMIT, YOU IMBECILE! DAMMIT, DAMMIT..... DAMMIT!!!

Khoray was angered that Zorek had just vanished. He was still not about to let him go it alone.

Thus, throwing caution to the wind, he walked down the path, frequently glancing to his left and right as he did so, looking for just WHERE Zorek had gone.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Back to stuff in general

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:34 pm

Zorek nodded to himself, slipping closer to the cave entrance. Getting past these two should be smplicity in itself, though he was keeping an eye out for complications.

Selene Starblade

Now I'm REALLY worried.

Unread postby Selene Starblade » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:13 pm

Zail narrows her eyes slightly. Things are just falling apart all over, aren't they?

Well, fine.

Plying close to one wall of the small 'pass', she manages to slither up one side of it, only moving in along the wall once she is well above eye-level, hoping that the green of her scales, the brown of her shirt and hair, and the pale tan of her skin will help her to blend into the rock, or at least look like a shadow, if she is being watched from above.

As she moves, she makes a single gesture to Max to come along as well, but she's more or less given up on trying to get the group working as a team.

Hopefully, she will be able to sneak around the 'wall' of the cleft and cliff face, and come down behind one of the guards.

She still does not draw her scimtar.

The Dark Gun

Re: Now I'm REALLY worried.

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:43 am

*Max shuffled carefully after the naga, doing his best to watch his surroundings carefully. Zorek, almost at the cave entrance by now, heard a thin whistle cutting through the air, originating from somwhere above path level behind him. Khorhay could hear it to, if barely, and it seemed to originate somewhere just a little ahead of his current position.*

Divinegon2130

.....just like babysitting.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:32 pm

Whistling.... I swear, this had better not be our lone friend.

Khoray continued, a bit more quickly now, this time approaching the whistling. He was sure this is where their friend had gone toward.

Of course, this could very well be a trap. Too bad for the trap setter, then.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs