Something Wicked This Way Comes V2.0 PS

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Vampire Jester Jinx

GM MASTA LEX: *LATE OMG!*

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:12 pm

Elan slammed his book down on the table after watching this scene.

"Sir, she has come in peace, so has everyone else at this table. I suggest, you seat yourself, and wait til our business is through. Or leave and confront her at another time."

Elan's face turned grave, seemingly not at all frightened of this man, as he had been with the elf woman...

Nick Shogun

*CLING*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:48 pm

Gren frowned. "The most innocent-looking person can also be the most dangerous."

He grabbed Alejandra roughly. "Are you challenging me to a duel?!" he growled, staring into his eyes with the precision of a knife. "Never touch me. Never. You don't understand." He released her and moved around her, holding his sword firmly in both hands. It was a sharp-pointed blade, but the edge was worn and rusted, and it seemed far beyond the realm of usefulness. When Elan spoke, Gren did not even turn to look at her.

"She's a cunning devil. That's why she's such a fine bounty. I recognized her a few minutes ago. Worth close to a hundred thousand ducats, if my memory serves me. I'm not sure," his eyes shifted from the air in front of him to Elan, "whether you're her allies or not... but I imagine if you aren't, you're lucky. You could all be dead by now."

This wasn't the best place to fight, as was evident. Too many civilians, and though Gren didn't mind hacking through a few bystanders to reach his reward, he preferred not to. His eyes flew back and forth, looking for any alteration of light, listening for any misplaced footstep. He didn't like magic, he didn't practice magic, and he hated those who did. One more reason to take her down.

JoshuaDurron

Re: *CLING*

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:53 pm

I had no idea exactly what had happened, but I had heard one word I was particularly not appriciative of. 'Bounty'. "Sir, people are not things to be hunted for money. Nor are they animals to be treated with contempt. Now please leave peacefully, or I will request that the guard be brought and you be removed by force."

While I could not see my own face, I still knew that it's expresion was hard enough to put hesitation into even the most stubborn of men.

Nick Shogun

Idiot...

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:10 pm

Gren smirked this time. "An old man, giving me orders? Are you blind? What do I have to fear from you? Now, shut up-- I'm losing focus."

Edited by: Nick Shogun at: 2/6/03 12:37:49 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: Idiot...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:29 pm

"In fact, sir, I am blind." There was no hint of wavering in my voice, however.

"But I do not intend to let you be a blight on these people. Once again, I ask you to leave peacefully."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:38 pm

"He's blind," Inverse says. A bolt of Lightning dances from one hand to the other.

"Wanna be blind, too?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:46 pm

For the moment, Kumiko decided to remain out of sight. She wasn't certain what this man was after, but it was of no suprise that someone would put a bounty on her, as not all of her actions were looked upon well in this society of barbarians.

However, she was not going to call more attention to this little gathering than she already had...on the other hand, now that she could get in a suprise attack, she could probably take him out, and rid herself of another inconvenience...

Idran1701
None some call is air am

This's beginning to get Idran nervous...

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:30 am

IM:...components, but that doesn't mean...hmm...well then, this isn't a group I'd want to get angry. I'd better be extremely careful in my actions, if I continue to participate in this venture. Speak only when spoken to, and all that. Where was I...great, lost my train of thought.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: This's beginning to get Idran nervous...

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:08 am

The young drows black face, showed signs of irritation.

"You will all stop this. This is a meeting of peace. Now, if everyone would kindly be seated, so I can say what I have to say. I grow tired of this bickering. You Sir," he said directing his attention at Gren. "Stop accosting both the elf woman and the nekojin. Neither have wronged you. Please go elsewhere, or wait to conduct your business." His voice was even and non threatning.

Elan now showed no signs of his earlier fear. But rather, a bit of stern nature, and a desperate aura of a man trying to get the chaotic events around him to stop for a moment.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Harumpf!

Unread postby ChristianC » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:53 am

Alejandra scowled and stared long and hard at Gren.

"It's not my wish to fight, but I don't take to people who walk around displaying their weapons like they're compensating for their own phalli." With that she turned her attention back to Elan.

"Does this mean you would have need of my skills?" She asked hopefully, all thoughts of Gren gone. The black elf had told everyone to get seated, and did that include her?

FlamingDeth

Careful, he got angry with that last protocol droid. :{{{

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:58 am

Smirking at Alejandra's comment under the guise of invisibility, Kumiko continued wating for Gren's response. If he somehow was able to locate her in her position behind Elan, then she would know for certain if he was even worth her time.

Nick Shogun

We don't serve droids here!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:44 pm

Gren twitched. "Geez... you don't understand. It's just business. Do you even care who she is?"

The hunter fell at ease, his sword swinging down to his side. "She's a deadly person. Someone put a bounty on her, and I won't let such a fine oppertunity pass me by. It's only business."

Uncle Pervy

Re: We don't serve droids here!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:54 pm

"What's the bounty for?" Inverse asks, letting his harmless display of electromancy fade away. "What'd she do that was so bad?"

And who the hell uses Ducats?

Nick Shogun

Thjiiii.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:45 pm

Gren shrugged. "I'm not quite sure. Like I said, what she did really doesn't matter, does it?"

Uncle Pervy

Re: Thjiiii.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:16 pm

Inverse snorts.

"Of course it matters!" He says, "If a bounty's being offered on someone who doesn't have a good reason to have one, that likely means it's probably fake."

Alanora Iserith

WHAAAAAAAAAAAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEE

Unread postby Alanora Iserith » Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:19 am

There was a slight clicking, the beads on the ends of his braids smacking together, as Elan turned his head to peer behind him, almost where the elf was.

His mind was a curious mix, of both wanting her around, knowing she might prove useful, and at the same time, the insane fear he got whenever in the presence of a powerful woman. He wanted to run, he wanted to hide, he desperately wanted to crawl under the table. But like it or not, she was to stay, to hear him out at the very least. It was the least he could do, for her obvious show of peace earlier.

With that, he once again seated himself, and bowed his head, waiting for everyone to quiet down, so he could begin to tell his story.

(DAMNIT. sorry folks. this is lex. i posted under my friends name. n.n;;;;;;; ehehehe...hehe..........)

Edited by: Alanora Iserith at: 2/7/03 12:21:38 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

~Lelelelelelelelelelelelele -(:])

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:52 am

Alejandra sat down, trying her best to ignore the fanatic bounty hunter. Her natural curiousity egged her to pay attention to this.

JoshuaDurron

Re: ~Lelelelelelelelelelelelele -(:])

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:08 am

I must admit to being fairly irritated by all the ongoings that I could not quite figure out. But it seemed that my young friend was almost ready to begin again. I decided to prompt him.

"Very well, my son. Are you willing to proceed with your tale?"

Nick Shogun

Gren is PISSED.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:45 pm

The hunter sneered at his audience: a naive nekojin; an elderly, blind fool; a very audacious man who he had originally thought, by the look of his face and hair, to be a woman; and an invisible elf.

Would the elf strike? Was she that dangerous? Gren chuckled inwardly. If she wanted to attack, she would have done it by now. She was just hiding. He imagined she found him as annoying as Gren found the others. He was always thinking about other people, of course. A flaw.

Gren decided to hear the shemale out, and so he grabbed the closest chair and sat down next to Alejandra, reluctant but not so foolish as to sheath his sword.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: Gren is PISSED.

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:49 am

<span style="color:red;font-family:courier;font-size:medium;">OOC: sorry guys. I got in uber late tonight, and try as I might, this post does not come out satisfactory, I will do my best to post it up in the morning. e.e Once again, horribly sorry, but this is a rather important post to muck up on. n.n;;; check tomorrow morning. </span>

FlamingDeth

...yay?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:52 am

Kumiko saw several openings for attack. She could stab Gren in the heart. She could slit his throat. If she was feeling particularly nasty, she could drive it into his temple.

Then she remembered that she left her dagger on another table, at which it remained untouched.

Still invisible, Kumiko sat down at the seat opposite of Gren, which happened to be immediately next to Elan. She took hold of her tea and began to sip at it, dispelling the illusion while doing so.

Kumiko chuckled inwardly, thinking back to anything she had done which would earn her a bounty. It could have been any number of the drow around town, she must have followed them all at least once. Or possibly the relatives of one of them which she had done away with? No, there was never enough evidence to pin them to her. On the other hand, the last fight with Amana DID cause a good deal of property damage...

She snapped back to attention fully visible at this point. Amana was the entire reason that she was willing to associate with the vile dark elf refered to as 'Elan' in the first place, so it was best to pay attention when he got into the details...

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Phooey.

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:35 am

Alejandra steered her seat away a bit from the bounty hunter, not out of fear but more a slight discuss, the man smelled† like he hadn't bathed for weeks!

She kept her eyes on the black elf though, she was curious what would happen.

†To Alejandra, everyone who doesn't bath at least twice a week smells bad. No offense.

Vampire Jester Jinx

^-^;;;;; *Bows head many times for forgiveness*

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:03 pm

<span style="color:red;font-family:courier;font-size:medium;">(ooc: i've finally got my act together! and it is time. so bum bum ba da! here's my post. x.x i promise dis no happen no mo' without an excuse.)</span>

It was irritating, the way sodden clothing clung to your skin, making movement feel slimey and wretched. The armored form, shook her cape out from her again, in hopes it would make less contact with her body.

Old, humorless eyes surveyed the street. Dirty, dingy, run down little hovels on each side. The poorest section of town, the mud street was about as delightful as a swamp.

For all her logic, she could not figure out why that blasted prissy bitch Amana had chosen this spot to meet. Then to top that off, the shemale wasn't even to be seen. This just reinforced Anat's wish to get her gauntleted fists around that black neck.

"What are you doing skulking about in the streets?" a voice said with an edge of disdain. "It's raining if you hadn't noticed."

The scar faced elf turned to see the leering male form of Amana, leaning against the door frame of a rather tidy and warm looking house.

"Get a move on, we have many things to discuss, and I can't wait about for you all day, charming thing that you are."

The elf caught the jibe here, and made the connection that the priest's voice was much like a cat's paw, very silky, but concealing claws eager to get out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elan nodded. Now it was time to tell his tale. He ran his delicate black fingers over the antique bindings of his book, and formulated his words, trying to find the best way to phrase his thoughts, what he had heard, and what was distressing him.

"Some of you know my sister. Others do not but have probably heard rumors about her. I would like to state that my sister is very misquided, I'll give you that. And, most of the time she can be rather wicked and naughty. But that can be marked down to job enthusiasm. I've left this alone, because I have always felt there was good in her...somewhere. But I think I may have stumbled upon something, rather big, something that cannot be ignored.

I went to go visit her at the tower, about a week back. The animals in the garden do not bother me, so i was allowed entrance. However, it seemed I happened in on a ........conversation of sorts. They didn't really... um... see me you see, and I got curious..."

Elan looked downward and circled a finger round and round nervously, not wanting to admit he had been doing something as base as eavesdropping.

"I...well...usually that crazy man of hers intercepts me, but, well he must have been down in his lab. So, I listened in, and I could see a little... She was talking with this girl I've seen her with a few times. A little black mage in training. Amana's been real friendly with her, quite unusual since until then, she hadn't been getting anything out of it. But, they began talking about a plan, and how Amana was finally setting up a "paradise". Knowing my sisters standards, this made me... well... even more deathly curious. But then... Amana did something, really strange...

She had the girl change into one of her old silk robes and follow her upstairs."

Elan coughed at this point and flicked his eyes nervously at the ceiling, it was horribly embarrassing admitting to snooping so badly. His face, especially his cheeks and ears turned a darker shade, if that was possible, and he seemed to stall for a moment.

JoshuaDurron

Just glad it's alive again ^_^

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:42 pm

I nodded. It was becoming clear to me now, what had happened. He had snooped. Now this was something I would probably not have done. But then, if I had been in a similar situation I would probably have already recieved a vision directing me to that place. In short, I had no idea how I would have acted in the boy's situation. But it seemed he needed prompting again.

"So, knowing your sister, you chose to follow them and learn more? It seems like a wise choice to me, my son. You may have spared many people much suffering. What else did you learn?"

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: ^-^;;;;; *Bows head many times for forgiveness*

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:13 pm

Ignes nodded to Elan, brushing some blue hair from his eyes.

"Follow her...upstairs, eh? Why do I not like this...?"

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

-_-? I'm all ears

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:18 am

Alejandra remained silent through Elan's retelling of the event, hoping perhaps that he'd mention something more about his sister... She seemed very mysterious to her, of course, so did Elan. Alejandra had never before seen a black/blue skinned elf.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: -_-? I'm all ears

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:31 am

"I realize you are embarassed about these events, but if these events could be as disasterous as you say, you were justified in continuing to listen in. Please, continue on."

Uncle Pervy

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! STOP WITH THE FIRST PERSON, LORR! >_

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:52 pm

Inverse nodded quietly.

Gold, he mused happily.

He then gave Ignes a look. Stop making him feel even more uncomfortable, you damned half-witted demon! You think he's gonna say more when you're making all kinds of stupid judgements? Idiot! People like you make me wish I knew mute!

Still, one had to cuutivate the mark just right...

"You can take a little break if you feel out of sorts," the black mage says. "Have a drink, maybe? It'll help you feel better."

Don't like the idea of Amana and a paradise at all.

Nick Shogun

Pervy's just a little bit irked.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:03 pm

IM: I wonder if this guy's sister has a bounty on her head...

FlamingDeth

Rar. o_o

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:17 pm

Kumiko merely sat there, patiently waiting for a continuation of the story, occasionally sipping her tea. Idly she thought about what the others gathered here had planned, and which of them suspected her impairment, and which ones merely thought that she wasn't very talkative...

Nick Shogun

MOVE STORY.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:42 am

Gren grumbled. "And what the hell did you hear?! I don't care about anything else."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: MOVE STORY.

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:52 am

Alejandra looked at the bounty hunter and growled lowly.

"You just keep quiet." She hissed at him. She didn't like the man one bit, considering the bad start they'd gotten, and he was constantly acting like a real jerk.

Vampire Jester Jinx

I HAVE THREE JOBS NOW YAY!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:06 am

(THE THREE JOBS I NOW HAVE ARE CLAIMING MY SOUL. SORRY FOR NO POSTS.)

Elan yanked on a braid, and tried his level best to avoid the eyes of everyone who was looking at him.

"Well, knowing my sister, I, Uh, could only imagine what going upstairs," his voice cracks a little "could entail. Sooo, I stayed downstairs and um...hid."

His rather long ears drooped for a moment, intensifying his look of shame and embarrassment.

"A few minutes later, I heard a loud crash and then they both came downstairs...well... I really don't know if it was both them. You see, the black mage didn't come down, but a woman who looked exactly like my sister did.....with my sister."

His large eyes finally landed on his audience, to see if his point had been made.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: I HAVE THREE JOBS NOW YAY!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:47 pm

Ignes blinked a few times.

"Well...that is odd. VERY odd. What do you suggest we do?"

So Amana transformed the black mage into herself?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:20 pm

"Is this the only time that has happened?" Inverse inquires.

He was dreadfully interested in this now. Any sort of shapeshifting magic caught his attention for very personal reasons.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:23 pm

I could see I had made a slight error in judgement, but now the story had become truly bizzare. However, I did nothing but nod a second to the question about how many times this had happened.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:46 pm

Upon hearing this twist in the story, Idran has a surprised look on his face. It quickly changes to consideration, as he thinks of possibilities beyond the obvious conclusion.

"Are you sure it wasn't an illusion spell of some kind? I'm not familiar with her, but if she's involved with the actions you imply she is, it could be a near-perfect alibi. Of course, I guess that basically comes down to semantics, illusion or shapeshifting."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:49 am

Alejandra took on a look of deep thinking, mostly to hide the fact that she wasn't as well-versed in the lore of magick, and would rather remain quiet than embarrass herself by asking dumb question.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:31 pm

As satisfying as it was to see shame on the face of the dark elf, Kumiko withheld any expression of it. Elan's story, on the other hand, had gotten quite interesting. From her experiences with Amana, she doubted the witch would even try illusion magic, which left only a few options. The first, most obvious one, was that Amana had turned the black mage into a drow. The second, less appealing option was that the black mage was somehow used as a sacrifice to bring in another drow from elsewhere. In either case, it puzzled Kumiko as to why she would bother with either.

The high elf took another sip of her tea, once again casting sidelong glances at the others surrounding the table. The black mage puzzled her...with as many rumours as he seemed to know, it was surprising that he knew so little about her.

Nick Shogun

Uh-huh. MOVE PLOT.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:17 pm

Gren groaned and leaned backward in his chair, resting the front two legs above the floor. He twirled a strand of hair in his finger, and eyed Kumiko suspiciously. After a few moments, his eyes returned to Elan, then to Joshua.

"Listen, there are only a few ways such an event could have transpired. Either Amana turned the other mage into a drow, or perhaps she cast a spell that altered the other black mage's body to resemble hers. A sacrifice? A clone? All possibilites."

His eyes slipped over to Kumiko, then back to Elan.

"Or perhaps your eyes weren't quite open enough, and you only think you saw what you saw. Tell me this-- why do you need all these people? So far all you've done is cattail them around in loops."

Gren hoped Elan's answer was the right one.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs