Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Fury of the Storm (PS, Closed)

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:26 pm

Kelne nodded in agreement, "Certainly don't want to give them a chance to confer. Any other rooms where we can hold them?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:01 am

The Innkeeper nodded. "We've got plenty of rooms for them, but none're as soundproof as this one. I think the one across the hall and the room at the end of the hall'll do."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:24 am

"Just keep them gagged," Inverse says. "We'll do the work here. Someone make sure the knight's bindings are good and tight. Kelne. get ready to catch some stay thoughts from her."

With that, he mentally went over what exactly that he wanted to ask her.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:02 pm

As the others talked, a horrendous thought occurred to Jak.

"What happens if one of them is telepathic?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:07 pm

"Barian Telepaths are rare," the innkeep stated, shaking his head, then added- "Any telepaths Vaniyakna does have with him are going to be higher ranking than these two. And last I heard, only one of the knights was a telepath."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:20 pm

"Well then, let's hope luck is on our side."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:50 pm

"I think we would have had a lot more guards down on our heads if she was," Kelne said. Still, it bore considering. "In any case, let's get them shifted." With that, he set about moving the soldiers into the other rooms the innkeep had indicated.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:43 pm

Jak lended himself to Kelne's task, eager to get the prisoners as out of sight as possible.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:15 pm

Soon enough, the three prisoners where devided into seperate rooms, each being more or less soundproof. And it couldn't have gone any faster- The Knight appeared to be awakening a bit, stirring slightly and moaning in pain. She obviously still felt the knock Kelne had given her with her own rod, and from the sound of it, she'd likely give him a peice of her mind- If he'd allow her.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:13 pm

Ironically, a piece of her mind was just what Kelne was after. Maybe not the particular piece that she wanted to give him, but a piece nonetheless. Waving the others out of the room, he pulled up a chair and set about subtly investigating the knight's surface thoughts.

Likely these would involve unpleasant things directed at him.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:28 pm

Kelne's investigation allowed him to see the surface thoughts of the Knight fairly well....Unfortunitly, all the surface thoughts where more or less useless to the group. Most of them consisted of a member of the group being beaten sensless by the Knight and that rod of hers, and the rest where of their painful execution atop The Spire. It seemed interogation would be much more difficult than just reading surface thoughts.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:34 am

Inverse grins as he sees the knight stir. "Welcome to the world of the waking, miss...?"

He knew that it would be reflexive for her to think of her name, whether she had any intention of saying it or not. Once Kelne picked up on it and telepathed it back, the fun could begin.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:00 am

Nothing surprising there, then. Setting himself, Kelne plunged deeper in. This wasn't something he did on a regular basis, but whatever he could find would no doubt be a help. If nothing else, he could always watch her changing surface thoughts as he went about the interrogation...

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:22 am

In the meantime, Kumiko had taken a brief trip to the kitchen. Not because she was hungry; she was, but she could ignore that easily; but to get a tool that had proven to be effective in information gathering before. After careful maneuvering not to get in the way of whoever was in the kitchen before, she returned to the Knight's room, toting along a small loaf of bread. It was a shame that the Kight was blindfolded, though...the method the elven illusionist had in mind worked much better when the subject could see. For the moment, though, she merely waited just inside the closed door of the room with an untouched loaf of bread (sufficiently cool, of course, as they couldn't have the knight catching whifs of freshly baked bread), waiting for Inverse and Kelne to become exasperated with their own attempts.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:01 pm

Blaze had left when ushered out by Kelne. He had no wish to witness a torturing if he could help it. Instead he had returned to the room by the culvert and sat opposite the door, polishing his pistol.

This is spinning out of control... I hope I get home to Fern and the tykes okay. Wonder how they're doing...

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:28 pm

Jak leaned against the wall and watched the others do their work, and contemplating just what Kumiko was going to do with an entire loaf of bread. Especially since she didn't look like the sort to eat that much in one sitting.

"What's that for?" he asked idly, indicating the loaf with a lazy hand gesture.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:27 am

The knight shifted a bit, then thought- Kelne picked up that she was about to say her, name, then stopped. Fortunitly, he managed to grab it before she put her own name out of her mind. Along with her name, Kelne manages to pick up a few thoughts, mainly some questions as to her current status. He can also manage to pick up the Knights confusion and disbeleif that something had infact happened. He also picked up a few other tidbits he was searching for- Duty, expected time of return to Squall Castle, security measures, and a few more personal thoughts.

Seemingly unaware that her mind was being read, the Knight began to speak- "Where in the name of the Storm am I? And how did I GET here?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:07 am

Her name is Kireah, Kelne sent to Inverse, pausing for a few moments to track down some interesting trains of thought before continuing, She's been assigned to bring in Griff for questioning and execution. No surprise there. They weren't expecting us, fortunately. Just Griff, Fred and Jaeko, by the sounds.

Vaniyakna's expecting her personal report in the morning, I'm afraid. So they'll notice she's missing pretty quickly. No clue on her part as to how they knew Griff was coming, more's the pity.

Further pondering ensued, Not the most eager of recruits, this one. Vaniyakna scares the hells out of her, but she didn't exactly get much choice about joining.

"I'm sure you can work out the answer to the one," he said aloud, "And I'm surprised you expect me to tell you the other." Sympathy for the woman's plight or not, not the slightest trace of it coloured his voice.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:25 pm

Inverse was used to the realm of Telepathy, and gave Kelne a mental sign that he had gotten all that. For now, he said nothing, content to let her answer what Kelne had asked. He was a bit curious about the bread, though.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:42 pm

Deciding to err on the side of suspense, and possibly annoying the hell out of her comrades as well, the elven illusionist decided that she would inform at least the black mage as to the various uses of bread in interogation...but slowly, one use at a time. As such, Mr. 'Solomon' soon found himself with a note, in some of the more elegant handwriting he'd seen.

"Well, the first, and most obvious use of the bread..." the note began. "...is for the prupose of just sitting here while she hungers, with her breaking and giving us information after a few days. However, this use is discarded, as we really don't have that kind of time."

The mage could also see that there was plenty of room left on the page that could easily be used to explain the other uses of pastries in interogations, and that she was just taunting him with his own curiosity.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:13 am

"Then what are you going to use it for?"

The mage's own curiosity was more than enough to force further inquiries. However, he only recognised the design of the situation after the words had left his lips, and a few annoyed thoughts regarding the mute elf darted through his mind.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:51 am

The knight stirred impatiently. "You know, it's really rather annoying that I can only hear one part of this conversation. Although I suppose that just proves that I was bested by a bunch of amatuers- No intelegent person would carry out a conversation with someone infront of a prisoner."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:46 am

Jak brushed off the knight's comment. So what if she could hear him talking? Kumiko was the one who would be giving away anything if she was talking, which she was not.

Then again, the idea of using the woman's remark as an excuse to stick a dagger in her leg was a rather appealing one. It'd also teach her that no intelligent person should try and anger their captors. It can only make things worse, after all.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:08 pm

Reako had finally gotten out of bed and decided to walk out into the main room and find a place to sit down. He was still rather worried about the feeling that someone had followed him here to this location...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:51 pm

"Truly a woman after my own heart," Kelne said, "And you may rest assured that you won't be hearing anything important."

Well, Inverse, any questions from your front?

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:56 am

After his look of annoyance, Kumiko could tell that her black mage companion was going to make efforts to not cooperate with her...well, pestering him. However, that was accounted for beforehand, and was also part of her plans for the moment, as it looked like the former dictator and the slimehalf were going to get all the information they wanted without her. As such, she delivered another message to Jak.

"There's the next use, then." the note continued. "That being sitting here and demonstrating, say the sharpness of blades and the like on it, obviously eating the slices of bread after doing so. However, this particular use not only has the downfall of requiring us to see it, but it also fails in that it's really quite stupid."

Even if Mr. Snide didn't want to play along, she was certain he'd agree on the last point.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:39 pm

"Well Miss Kireah," Inverse says, letting her know that he knew her name, "You may find that things are not always what they seem. Nowthen, why don't you tell us a bit about your guard shift? I'm certain you can before you are due to report to Vani in the morning."

Inverse was playing a dangerous game; he didn't want her to think that they were picking her brain just yet. If things came out well, he could lead her to think that there were spies in the ranks. In the meantime, he waited for Kelne to sift though what he could of her memories in reguards guard rotation.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:47 pm

Kireah squirmed a bit. Apparantly, she didn't like it when people knew her name without allowing her the chance of a proper introduction, but she didn't say anything on it. "My shift...? Hm. I was ordered to bring in Griff. That's all."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:46 am

"Oh, now really. I'd hardly expect Vaniyakna to just pick you out of the blue for something like this. Certainly you won't have been lying in wait for Griff in that cemetery since your recruitment..."

Far too modest, Kelne sent, Add in assassinating other potential threats, bodyguard duty for Vaniyakna - which, it seems, is actually pretty standard for the Knights - and assorted psychological warfare tactics, and what we have here is a busy woman indeed. Kelne's mental tone actually sounded faintly approving.

I've got a good picture of guard postings in the arenas and castle, which I'll go over when we're all together. In the meantime, Kelne paused, touching on an impression of a particular knight, I'm building up a profile of particularly dangerous individuals. Go ahead with the questioning.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:29 pm

"Our records show that this is not the only...action to you name. It seems that, among other things, you've done some proper assassin work."

Inverse pulls a slip of paper from his pocket; and unfolds it; knowing she would hear it and think he was checking something on that paper. he even looks down at it, to complete the illusion. "Let's see, whom was it you were last sent after? Hmmm... "

He awaited Kelne picking up that name and sending it to him.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:38 pm

While it didn't seem that the knight was catching on too quickly, the elven priestess found herself worrying that continuing like this would allow her to catch on. She rose and made her way over to Kelne, writing a note as she went, and handing it to him as she arrived. She trusted that he would communicate the message to Inverse, should he find it applicable to the situation.

"Careful." the note began. "Mentioning her name immediately after she thinks it, mentioning her last assassination mission the moment after she thinks it, and so on, may make her a bit suspicious. Vary the timing on when you mention certain information, it may prolong things."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:31 am

The knight squirmed a bit more. "I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm simply following orders! And you'd better hope to the Storm that my orders never include going after you!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:07 am

"Of course. Clearly we are no match for your mad skills." The sarcasm was all the more potent, to his mind, for the completely serious tone he had spoken in. Although, come to think of it, he wasn't entirely sure what mad skills were. Only that #85 claimed to have them.

Meanwhile, Kelne was relaying Kumiko's remarks to Inverse. He broadened his sending to include her while he was at it, She has a point, Inverse. Added to which, I can't actually give you the name of her last target, as she never knew it. Makes it harder to kill people if she thinks of them as such rather than targets. Best I can tell you is they were a married couple. She killed the man, the woman ran and got killed by an assisting knight.

It seemed likely that not giving a name after claiming to have one would be as suspicious as giving one soon after she had thought of it. On the other hand, continuing to chip at that sort of opening could break her.

If you think you can fake it convincingly, feel free to do so. In any case, I'd suggest playing the guilt angle.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:41 pm

"Not at all a match," Inverse agrees, "Much like how Mr Reczinka's Wife was for your partner, was she? He died protecting her, my sources say. Hadn't a clue about your partner. Rather touching in a sad way, isn't it?"

Inverse motioned for Kumiko to come over, and held his hand out to borrow her paper and pen.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:45 pm

With little hesitation, the elf allowed Inverse use of her means of communication.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:49 pm

Inverse wrote her a quick message, not wanting Kireah to hear it.

She seems to be a bit...arrogant despite her situation. Please be so kind as to inspire some proper respect for the situation with your talents. Nothing terrible, mind. Simply let her know that you are about, and that you could do worse.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:17 pm

Kumiko glanced around the room. Basic interogation technique wasn't that hard, it was surprising that no one else could think of the first thing to do in this situation. But, as it was requested of her, she quickly handed the loaf of bread off to Jak and made her way to the bound and blindfolded knight.

Then, without further ado, she let loose with a quick punch to the gut, and took a step back. Nothing terrible, as requested, but the knight would likely have trouble forgetting that there were, in fact, others around, and they could likely do all sorts of terrible things to her.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:23 pm

The Knight gasped a bit, clearly not expecting such a sudden move from their side. Quickly composing herself, she queried-"What exactly do you want from me?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:36 pm

"Everything you know," Inverse said simply.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:34 pm

The Knight continued onto everything she knew- However, none of it was important to anything- She decided to get smart and give them a bunch of simple math equasions. After a bit of trouble, they got her to admit that Vaniyakna had the bad habit of using fear to control people, but not much else- She also began to question the nationality of her interogators. It was determined that maybe the interogation would best be picked up in the morning, and the Knight was left alone for the night- Not before the Innkeeper returned and gagged her, though. After all- Thin walls and a womans screams aren't usually a good combination.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs