Heading North-West

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Choark

Heading North-West

Unread postby Choark » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:43 am

Hemmishfry chewed the top of his feather pen as he sat in his dimly lit caravan and pondered what his was going to write. He was glad his helper and part-time butler Gastoff was around, he was always so much better with words then he was, which isn't right when you think about it as he just the help, but at least Gastoff could re read and re-write his journals when they were published on there grand return back to Baron.

Even so he had to begin somewhere, so he started at the beginning.

"
<div style="text-align:center">After so many years of our families’ money falling down an invisible black money hole, I, Baron Hemmishfry, have come to the perfect solution.</div>
"
The Baron could be heard mumberling while he was writing this part.
" <span style="font-size:xx-small;">Extravagant expenses my right ear! Since when has hunting, horse racing, buying holiday homes and getting a yearly portrait "extravagant expenses" I ask you? Nay, its the bank behind this I tell you.</span> "

"
<div style="text-align:center">There has been a great hole in our land that we have been neglecting, a vast untapped area of the world. Far up in the North there in a mountain range completely untouched by all, untouched and most importantly, un-owned. If I, Baron Hemmishfry, can claim such a place in the name of Baron, then not only would I return a hero, but I would return rich. Richer then my family had ever previously been.

Starting this expedition has cost me nearly everything. I have sold the old manor and my numerous holiday homes. I had to rent out my main home as a hotel. Even if I wasn't using all hundred rooms its still quite a bit much and I'm glad there’s a garden between me and the people found within there now. Most of the help have been laid off and I am left with only my most loyal and dedicated servants.

I decided to employ many people to my group, some from Baron herself, others came from other lands filled with stories of my, Baron Hemmishfry's, grand idea.

We have a collection of ten of the finest Caravans and a selection of the best Chocobo's and Horses money can buy. No expense spared, I, Baron Hemmishfry, swore to that.
</div>
"

The Baron Hemmishfry coughed under his breath. "yeah, of course" in a very sarcastic manner.

"
<div style="text-align:center">I have two Ranch masters looking after the beasts. They are highly trained and very dependable when the going gets tough, I have witnessed there great mastery of animals already. There is also a few families and simple peasants travelling with us, to make the journey more pleasant, many having skills in story telling and dancing. We have a businessman from Nekoian as well - which will hopefully make striking deals with Nekonia a lot easier and less painful then perhaps the past has shown us.

One Captain Sarah Shipley is leading the people who are to guard, protect and generally do all manner of sword duties, including leading hunting parties. Her enthuasum is boundless and she seems most eager to prove her worth over bandits and monsters. I can only hope we don't meet the numbers she insists on being able to kill.

----

We have now reached the Mist Village, our final destination, to pick up the last member of our group - A female summoner who will hopefully be a great help to us, epically as we are heading through one of the dreaded caves that lead to the north. Many stories of monsters and other dangers still are told.

For now the Caravans have stopped and we are all preparing readily for when we leave tomorrow. I think the people will finally be able to talk and get to know each other today - though I'm afraid Captain Sarah and I will be attending a meeting with the village elder as a sign of respect. I will have to get to know them all personally on a later date.
</div>
"
The Lord stopped writing and re-read what he had written. It defiantly needed more work and a few more touches here and there but he was happy with the result. Donning on his best suit (one of his collection of “Best Suits”) and putting on a huge hat with a feather, he set off from where everyone had set up and went to the elders hut.

The caravans had set themselves up just outside of the village and everyone was still running around and sorting there gear out. Some people were finally getting to unpack there possessions and place them into there “rooms”. Others were just wondering around getting to know all the other people on this venture.

------

OOC: Sorry this started late but stuff happened and then more stuff happened then even more stuff happened. For the time being GMing will be erratic, though this will pick up in a week or two after I finally leave my job. Just use this time to interact and chat with other RPers and such like.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/5/03 8:45 am

Zemyla

Stabbing Westward

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:30 pm

A person watching the campsite at about 8:00 PM on any of the first couple nights would see one of the strangest sights of his career. No matter what his career is.

Because at about this time, the viewer would see a raccoon, sitting in front of the fire, with a book open, and a look of concentration on her face. In front of the raccoon, there is an illusionary one-act play happening at 1/3 scale. Anyone taking a closer look at the book sees that it is indeed a book of one-act plays.

The raccoon's name is Sable, and the reason she is here would make a decent one-act play in itself.

...A couple days back...

Sable was sitting at the side of one of the streets near Castle Baron. She was not particularly happy. And this not-particularly-happiness was caused by her failure to carry out the main part of a mission.

Neb had sent her to check out rumors that there was an odimite gemstone for sale there. Apparently, she needed it for one of her special pendulums. Apparently, the rumors were false. A day's investigation proved it. What was worse for today was the fact that in the course of her search, she had used up all the time that her headband would turn her human for the day. So she was stuck as a raccoon for the rest of the evening.

She earned some passing glances from travelers because raccoons were not common in the city, but no one really cared enough to try and move her. I think I'll go to the park, set down for the night, then maybe tomorrow I can see to some of Neb's other interests here. Neb had been somewhat nebulous about what some of these interests were, however.

Just then a small boy dashed toward the tavern she was leaning against. An adorable child, although the bright green hair was somewhat strange. She didn't pay much attention to him until he pulled out a hammer and started nailing a sheet of paper to the wall. When he finished, he clutched the pouch of money at his waist and dashed off, presumably toward the nearest candy shoppe.

Sable, her curiosity piqued, went over to look at the notice. A recruitment for adventurers, interesting... wait. Mines? Maybe this could get me... er, Neb that odimite, and I, working as one of Neb's agents, could help Neb get some mineral rights as well! A raccoonish smile showed on her face as she contemplated the good it would do for her employer, and, by extension, her.

By this time, a rather large crowd had showed up at the sheet. Many of them looked at it, then turned away, disappointed, but some of them took out pens and signed their names to the document. When one person dropped a quill pen after signing, Sable sprung into action. She snatched up the pen, and, jumping about a foot up the wall and clinging to it with 3 paws, she signed the document with the fourth. It now had an entry reading "Sable/Bodyguard, Entertainer".

The next day, she went to the bookstore and bought a tome filled with one-act plays, and afterwards, went to join the caravan before it left.

...Now, back to the present...

The play was completed. The actors bowed, then faded out among general applause. Sable grabbed her book and dragged it all the way back to the tent where her group was camped. Shoving it in her pack, she then curled off to sleep for the four hours she had before it was her turn for watch.

Biomess

Re: Stabbing Westward

Unread postby Biomess » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:12 am

Naruto was sitting comfortably at the entrance of his tent. He was watching with amusement the strange raccoon. He had seen her turn into a girl before, a very pretty one at that. As he licked his forearm (a custom his parents had always forbade) he felt a little aroused. But that would have to wait. Everything was working just as planned, even tough he didn't expect to have such a great excuse like this expedition was. He had kept a sizeable amount of the earnings from his father caravan, and he knew he would have to make very good use of it to get things rolling.

The day before, he was enjoying some appetizers when a little kid posted a sign with a strange offer. Naruto purred a little, and with a hiss he called upon his underlings, scattered trough the bar.
"This has been a great journey, gentlemen, and as such my father will be content, to say the least. You shall leave tomorrow morning, back to Nekonia"
"But sir...."
Naruto hissed "You leave TOMORROW. Nothing further"
Idiots, he tought to himself, how dare to even speak while I'm speaking?
"Maniko, come with me" They went back to his tent, near the market.
Maniko was his most loyal assitant. Mainly because Maniko tough Naruto was in love with him, having had intercourse and all (not a very bright idea, in Naruto's opinion, but for the time being it served his means to have a loyal subject, for free).
"So, my love, I'll put you in charge of this caravan. I trust you with most of the winnings, and with this letter for my father." Naruto produce a letter. He had written it seconds ago, it was more a note than a letter, but the style of writing was so profound and rich that could have passed for a letter anyways.
Maniko's eyes brightened. The secret affair with his master, the love they had for each other, made him feel unique and in a strange bliss. "Yes, dear, I will do as you ask..." He leaned forward for a kiss or some sort of embrace, but Naruto rejected him. "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling quite well, and I would rather rest. You understand I will stay behind, and go into an expedition, do you?"
"Yes, and I would very much like to go with you sir, if you please..."
"No, you go back home and do this for me. I will miss you so, my dear Maniko. And in return for this favor I will announce my father of our relationship, even tough he wouldn't approve of it. But you must let ME do it, undestood?"
"Yes, Nar, I understand". Maniko blushed and felt extremely excited with the prospect. Naruto grinned to himself. Oh, how could a little sex turn anyone into a pawn! Maniko would soon die, together with his father, if everything went as planned.

Back to today, Naruto had his eyes wide open to catch glimpse of anyone that could serve his purposes....

JoshuaDurron

Indeed, to the west, but also to the north. ^_^

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:31 am

"Jehosephat!" The exclaimation came without warning. One of the other cattle hands looked over in surprise, seeing that the source of the noise was Hope Crider, perched on top of a nimble horse. She was clearly enjoying herself, being back in the saddle and all. However, once it became clear to the hand that Hope didn't need him for anything, he returned his attention to his own buisness. Several people who had slacked off had found themselves on the wrong end of Hope's temper already.

The tall cowgirl continued her ride around the caravan's 'stables', making sure all the animals were in safely. They would come to depend on these horses and birds later, she was sure of that. Perhaps she did make an extra circuit of the horse pens just to be sure, but no one could blame her for that. After all, she had learned riding on horses, and would always be more comfortable on one of them. It wasn't that she had anything against chocobos, but her upbringing, training, and appriciation was weighted towards the horse.

Finally, she dismounted and returned her hourse to its own pen, after giving it a nice, good rub down. Then she reached up and removed her broad brimmed hat and let her hair down, while turning to address the stable hands. "Now we got a lot to do soon, so ya'll make sure the beasties get their rest while they can. Don't let nobody be givin' them grief, hear?"

Once she was sure the wranglers understood, she turned and tromped off towards her camp site.

SALSAlys

'Kay-o, Zem sent me here. =D

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:34 pm

In the midst of the preparations, a small, wiry woman with a slight, crackling aura about her was walking, barefoot and with a lightning bolt slung over her shoulders. Her short, spiky hair shimmered with electricity, miniature sparks playing in the warm tones of orange, yellow, and gold, with incandenscent white streaks. The fringe in front nearly covered her empty, glowing white eyes, which even without pupils gave the impression of glancing about goodnaturedly, a teeth-baring grin upon her lips.

So far, she was expecting this to provide her with amusement; the only real reason she had signed up for this expedition, though she was sure that an elemental could contribute easily to the group. At least it promised to be interesting...

Zakara then glanced over at the napping raccoon with the book, and giggled slightly to herself. She raised a finger, blowing across it playfully and sending a small 'zap' at Sable.

Choark

Meet one of the many extra's

Unread postby Choark » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:19 am

"By the maggots in me whiskers I ain't seen a stranger sight then that..." A wirey wrinkled old man with a beard that reached down past the bottom of his feet and dragged across the mud was staring with his one open eye at the Racoon with a book. He had deemed it more strange then the lightening woman. "What do you thinks Freddy?"

Freddy stared at the situation long and hard and decided he had in fact seen some stranger sights, however it was best to just let the old timer carry one with whatever it was he was going to do or say.

"WARK!" was Freddy answer, being a chocobo and all.

"By the creaking in me broken bones you got a tounge on ya lad. You'll never land a woman like that, thats for sure. Sure ya smart but you gotta show some respect for the muddly little freak" The old timers spat out a hug green glob of spit and at least one false tooth before heading to the stables to sort out those staple boys were getting weird intructions from someone.

Zemyla

Re: 'Kay-o, Zem sent me here. =D

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:33 pm

Sable was struck by the small spark. It was not enough to hurt, but enough to shock her into half-awakeness. She glanced around with tired eyes, not really seeing anything. Then she curled up again and went back to sleep.

In terms of amusing Zakara, the experiment was a bust.

SALSAlys

Bwee.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:38 pm

Zakara stuck her tongue out at the oblivious raccoon, disappointed at the lack of amusement, then turned her attention to what else could provide potential for such. She noticed the nekojin, and a light clicked somewhere— she recognized that race.

She promptly skipped over to him, and brushed on impulsive hand over the top of his head, mussing his fur and making it stick out slightly with static.

"Booya," the lightning sprite said cheerfully.

JoshuaDurron

SUBJECT CHANGE!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:34 pm

"What in-" Hope suddenly found herself falling headfirst towards the ground. She scrabbled around and turned to see what it was that she had tripped over. "Who in Sam Hell got the bright idea to let a racoon in here?" She muttered. With a sigh she got up and knelt by the 'coon. "We'll jus' have tah get you outta here, old gal. This ain't a good place for critters like you."

Biomess

Re: Bwee.

Unread postby Biomess » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:51 am

"MIAAAAAUUU, what the f.... oh, a fairy, how... ehem... amusing"

Naruto tried his best to keep it together. He was not used to being treated with so little repect.

"How may I help you, little spark?" *I wonder how it would taste?*

Zemyla

Re: SUBJECT CHANGE!

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:05 pm

While Zakara's small zap didn't wake Sable up, Hope tripping over her did. As she was waking up, the first thing she heard was "This ain't a good place for critters like you."

Of course, this woke her up enough for her internal monologue to start again. I expected this. Everywhere I go, there's always at least one person who doesn't recognize me as a thinking being. Sable reflected a moment and thought, Of course, it isn't all that easy.

The sudden, bizarre mental image of a group of raccoons, standing in front of the palace and holding signs saying, "We are people too!" made her realize that she hadn't gotten quite enough sleep. Oh, well. I handle this, and then I go out for guard duty.

Sable created an illusionary sign that was her standard means of communication in this form. "Um, what do you mean, 'critters like me'? I'm as human as you are. I may not look it at the moment, though."

JoshuaDurron

Re: SUBJECT CHANGE!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:41 am

Hope nearly fell over again when she saw Sable's sign. While she was used to some of the strange sights around here, there were still some things that she would never learn to anticipate. Thinking raccoons was one of them.

"JUMPIN' JEHOSEPHAT!" She exclaimed when she regained her balance. Then she paused to read the sign and shake her head. "Wall, I'm sorry 'bout that, pardner," deciding to make a tactful retreat for now. "I guess I shouldn't go jumpin' to conclusions quite so fast. Sorry if I woke ya. Somethin' I can do to make it up?"

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:51 am

Zakara, though small, was not THAT small; she stuck her tongue out at Naruto, and her response was simple and direct.

"Amuse me."

Biomess

Unread postby Biomess » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:25 pm

"Oh, ha ha ha, aren't you a funny one... we might just get along" *I'm betting that if you twist her head out she goes pop... and I'm betting she doesn't like water either*
"Here my friend, catch" With a fast movement he grabed the bucket of water he had in his tent for any needs, and splashed her with it.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:29 pm

Zakara radiated sparks in surprise, and a large 'ZAP' could be heard, with a sizzling flash as she backstepped quickly, though she didn't seem injured. More than anything, she seemed annoyed, and cocked her finger at Naruto, sending another zap at him, just enough to sting.

"THAT wasn't nice," she said reproachfully.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:44 pm

Sable shook her head and held up another sign. "No, not really. It's time for me to go on watch anyway. But thanks!" She waved and went out to relieve the current person on watch.

Biomess

Unread postby Biomess » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:34 pm

"It was you that asked for amusement... not very bright of you, given your skills" And with that Naruto stood up, and gently pushing the fairy outside the tent, closed the entrance and purred out loud "I'll be needing some privacy now, thank you very much". *I'll put her lights out the first chance I get*
He looked trough his bags, produced a book and sat comfortably to read it.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=biomess>Biomess</A] at: 10/20/03 4:36 pm

Choark

Time change .....

Unread postby Choark » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:58 am

As the day rolled on everyone in the campsite was happily in there selected groups of friends and tending to the jobs they enjoyed. Children were running from caravan to caravan seeing who they could get away with bothering and who they couldn't.

People from the summoners village also wondered into the campsite to offer some advice or just general interest to the whole strange affair. More slower then perhaps some would have though came the salesmen, placing there sales mats on the floor and spreading there goods out for inspection. Though it looked like more there was just three main competitors there. One was selling potions, spell scrolls and treatments, another was selling charms, protection from magic rings and small other objects and the last was selling enchanted weapons of various descriptions and some small shields.

It hadn't come up each in casual conversation yet but each member of the group (aside from children) had been handed 50 gold coins in cash in hand for joining this venture, a little extra on the side for loyality to the cause as it were and this was the first time they had been given the chance to spend it.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Time change .....

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:14 am

Hope was among the first to arrive at the displays, peering casually through the scroll and potion vender's stall. While the scrolls meant little to her, she knew the potions could be of immense use. "Whatcha got for sale?" She asked casually.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:17 pm

The friendly smiling man slapped his hands together furiously and smiled a huge open mouthed smile that let you see right down his throat.

"We have many Many instresting items my friend.

"Healing potions in four different types - the better they are the more expensive they are - my finest bottles can restore broken bones and more.

"My cheapest is a lowely 10GP each. My next is 15GP only a little more expensive but you'll certainly feel the difference after tuffing it up with a monster in the mist. Nest is 30GP. We don't have too many of these bottles so be careful - they may be out of stock soon. Lastly I have a bottle for 60GP - this will make you feel better even if you have parts hanging on by just a vine my friend.

"I have posion cures as well. Comes from a plant in the mist and so far we have found no posion it couldn't cure. A bargin at 15GP each bottle.

"As far as my scrolls... I have many magical wards you can wear around your neck. Each one ward protects against an elemntal spell ONCE and Once only my friend. Remember that as it could save your life. Each one costs 5GP. If you're looking for a.. eh.. more perminate ward.. I have a few for the elements of Fire, Water, Holy and Dark. Very expensive though. I can't let hem go for less then 250GP. But as long as you wear them no spell that draws from this element can harm you in any way.

"So then? Anything caught your eye?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:28 pm

"Hn...." Hope perused the wares available, and considered. Healing was always useful, but nothing could kill one faster than a nasty rattler bite... or whatever the local, highly poisonus equivilent was. "I'll take one o' your number 2's," she pointed out the potion she was interested in, "and one o' those antidotes of yours."

After paying out the appropriate gold, she meandered her way down to the weapon seller's booth. She wasn't interested in buying, and she probably didn't have the money for that anyways, but it was always fun to browse...

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:11 pm

Sable also is interested by the vendors. In her human form, she goes over to the charm vendor.

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:53 am

The Charm vendor was a very big looking man with a claw scar across his face, however this rather frightening image was destroyed by the mans huge honest smile. As Sable was getting closer she could hear him laughing with another customer.

She saw a selection of rings, some with bright huge jewels on top of them, others plainer looking. Some of the prices on them were extoradally high.

The selection of Charms was a intresting site, from monsters claws on strings to simple painted magic symbols, the carpet was littered with odds and scrapes on would normally think of as junk. Everything else seemed to be rather intrestingly made decorations, like red pearl ear rings, a belt buckle and a bandana.

A small carboard sign stood near the vendor and read "Have a great selection of Charms - ask for details of selected item or ask Friuz for charms searching for." Because there didn't seem to be any other person around Sable guessed Fruiz was the laughing salesman.

----

The selection of weapons availble would of been enough to make a collector have to whipe away a tear of joy. From Pole Staffs, to Spears, Swords to Whips, it was a mightly collection indeed.

Surprisenly none of them had a price tag on them and all were labelled "Just for Show". Wondering what perhaps this was about Hope continued to look around but no matter where Hope searched she just couldn't find one item that was actually for sale.

As she was ready to leave a young timid looking woman in a white hooded cloak walked up to her and asked "Can I help you?" Maybe she was the salewomen of this "store"?

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:09 pm

"Ah.... well, I was just wonderin'... See I've got all the weapons I'm thinkin' I'll be needin'... It's just, you don't seem to have anything for actual sale here, do ya?" Hope seemed to be trying to find a polite way to ask the question, something the cowgirl was not entirely accustomed to doing.

kaeru the wanderer

a newcomer

Unread postby kaeru the wanderer » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:45 pm

Through the bushes came a gangly figure with a great crashing noise. he shook his head and pulled twigs out of his hair. wrapping his cloak tighter around him, he continued on, looking around. he did not seem to be aware of the people around him.

SALSAlys

Yargh, I needs to post.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:46 pm

Zakara's hair was somewhat more subdued now; it only emitted sparks once in a while, although her eyes were still glowing. She seemed supremely at ease with the odd looks she received, as though she was putting on a show.

She made her way to the weapons booth, admiring them, although tuning out Hope and the vendor. While she appreciated the way they looked, and some of the aesthetics of weaponry, she really had no use for them.

Biomess

Hmmm

Unread postby Biomess » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:12 am

After hearing all the noises the stupid people outside his tent were making, Naruto decided he couldn't read his book comfortably, so he decided to take a walk. After all, he did have those extra 50 gold pieces and he wanted to dispose of them quickly, lest his hands become tainted with that dirty Baronian gold. "My god, they can't even do decent coinage in these parts, can they? They should learn about the mrrrs a bit".

So off he went among the ordinary people. He had money to spend, and he wasn't going to throw it away. "Maybe I can hire a whore and force her to bitch slap that damn fairy". Suddenly he found himself laughing out loud at the idea. Everyone around stared at him. With a cough he moved on.

"I got it" He saw a bunch of little kids playing and horsing around. "Hello little fellas, who wants to earn a whole gold piece?" They kids got really excited.

"Very well, all you have to do is play a little game I call it splash wars. What you have to do is to get some water in a bottle or a vial, and whenever you see a petite lady fairy with lightning features, you have to pur the water on her. Is that understood?" "YAY" the kids answered. "Ok, there's but one condition: you mustn't tell her I sent you, ok?" "YAY!!" "Ok here's one gold for all of you, if you do it right, and I will know it, you are all going to get one gold each. So go now go, and splash that fairy to the end!!!" The kids ran around in an uproar, and parted from the scene. "Hmm, this I have to see".

He then went off to spend the rest of his money in potions. He bought a 2nd grade healing and an antidote.

kaeru the wanderer

Re: Hmmm

Unread postby kaeru the wanderer » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:12 am

he shook his head and walked around, taking in all the sights and sounds. it sure was a big place, wherever he was. he smiled and then heard the kids shouting. he turned to watch the man talking...

Zemyla

Re: Hmmm

Unread postby Zemyla » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:39 pm

(Kaeru, around here, we sign up for RPs before joining them. Read the FAQs.)

Sable asked the charm vendor, "Do you have anything for polymorphing?"

Return to Gaera Main RPs