Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Re: NERF! NERF!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:16 pm

"Miiam says you can fight it if you want to try or he can delay it but we'll have to go to Port Sleipnir on our own. He won't be able to protect us anymore. Until after that...." Ship looked up at Miiam and the carnicorn that had begun to circle their hill, keeping a keen eye on them.

Uncle Pervy

Re: NERF! NERF!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:00 pm

Fresca felt a bit nervous. Biting at her lip without intending it, she asks, "Can Miiam tell us what it can do before he goes? What to expect from it?"

Kilraianjja

I'll be using this account from now on...

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:37 am

For once, Kilra didn't look too exciting about the prospect of combat. While vanquishing evil was nice and high on her "things that I like" list, doing so first thing in the morning was not the most attractive option.

"Can't we just tell it to come back later?" she muttered, not expecting such a thing to happen at all.

Nekogami

That slays me Alex. Rock on.

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:10 am

Ship turns looking pained. "The Carnicorn is a swift killer. Their bites are poisonous and their quest for blood makes them formidabble. They'll stop at nothing until their quarry is dead....or.....or...it is. This is no time for indecision!" It was very clear now that Miiam was using Ship as a vessel for speech again, though Ship didn't seem to enjoy it as much as riding a chocobo.

Kilraianjja

Re: That slays me Alex. Rock on.

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:39 pm

"Ah well, we'll do what we must do, then." she said, before stretching her arms and yawning.

"So, how're we gonna kill it?" she asked in a suddenly perky tone. While her usual tactic would have been "rush at it and hack it up," experience had taught her that this wasn't always the best idea, especially when fighting an unfamiliar foe.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:18 pm

"Well..." Pete began. "...mebbe I can get some plants to tie up it's feet so the it could stop followin' us, or something?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:15 pm

"There's nothing I can do..." Fresca says quietly. "If I can't dispel it, there's no way I'll be able to affect it. I don't think your vines would work either, Pete. It doesn't seem to be solid."

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:22 pm

She noted what the others had said, it becoming apparent that they wouldn't be able to just escape from the thing.

"Well...shall we attack it, then?"

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:30 pm

"...how?" wondered Pete, attempting to figure out why that would do anything if vines could not.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:41 pm

"With what?" Fresca asks softly. "If solid things pass through it, then how can we hurt it? It may be best that we run..."

Kilraianjja

Re: Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:47 pm

Kilra pondered the white mage's words, thinking back to her days back home, and her combat schooling. She could have sworn she'd heard about similar creatures before.

"Will magic work on it?" she asked, quickly glancing down at her two swords.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:31 pm

Ship nodded. "Holy and fire work real good, Miiam says."

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:23 pm

"Magic weapons?" she asked hopefully. Although it'd been quite a surprise when she first realised that her twin blades had become magical in nature, it wasn't an unwelcome one.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:29 pm

Ship shrugs. "It has never come up. But it may certainly be worth a try. Are you all willing to fight? If need be, I can distract him." Ship was again clearly Miiam.

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:04 am

"Able, will and ready!" the drow exclaimed, drawing both of her swords from their sheaths. The magic nature of Dusk and Silence hadn't been needed before, and she was bursting to put them to the test.

The notion that they might not affect the creature was completely foreign to her.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:14 pm

"Do we have any holy or fire?" Fresca asks, watching the carnicorn. "I don't kow any sort of holy magic, only healing... Be careful, Kilra. Plese don't just throw your life away..."

The situation was beginning to get to Fresca. it was becoming too much like then...A bit of nervous sweat made itself known on her forehead.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:44 pm

Pete took a seat on the ground. It seemed like there was nothing he could do at the moment, and so he wasn't about to get in the way of those who could be useful.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:53 pm

D stood up and took a step forward, putting an arm in front of Kilra, with a slight glare on his face.

"Not so fast, Kilra. Not so fast. We need to know more about it before we just charge in."

He turned to the others, then to Kilra

"Let's leave. We'll fight it when we are better prepared."

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:02 pm

Kilraianjja's reply was short, and easily predictable for her significant other.

"But Deeeeeeeee!"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:13 pm

Fresca smiled, happy to know that D was thinking as she was, at least.

She went to prepare Hanger, and sighed, knowing what that meant. "If we have to run...Hanger and I will have to distract it, likely. I'll try to meet up with you later, alright? And don't worry. Chocobos are faster than any horse." She tried to keep a hopeful tone, but she feared that what she might be racing was far worse than horse.

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:52 pm

"...fine." she muttered, reluctantly sheathing her swords. She'd gotten all worked up for nothing, it seemed.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:20 am

"Miiam says, we should go." Ship was all packed, though he had little to pack anyhow and was waiting for them. "He says he'll do his best to keep up safe until we reach Sleipnir."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:32 pm

Fresca had finished her packing and leaps onto Hangar's back. "I'm not going to ask you to ride with me, Ship," she says softly, "I might have to distract it. So stay with Kilra, and don't worry about me if we get seperated"

She waited for the group to be ready. Hanger casts the occasional uneasy glance toward the carnicorn, scratching at the ground a little.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:50 pm

At this point the not-very-dreaded pirate Pete was once again up and about.

"Good luck!" he says to Fresca, quite cheerily, obviously confident in her abilities.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:55 pm

Ship nodded to Fresca and gave Hangar a pat. "Okay, Kilra, I'm protecting you. Him and him," he pointed to D and Pete, "should just stay out of m'way."

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:13 pm

First they'd got her all worked up for a fight, then changed their plans. Now there was some little kid who'd got it into his head that she needed to be looked after.

"I don't need protecting." she declared. The good mood that'd existed a few moments previously was gone.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:47 pm

"Ship. Stop it."

That was all he said before circling around the little bit that needed to be circled around and giving Kilra a comforting hug. Or at least, what he hoped was one.

"Don't worry about it, Kilra." Before bending a over a little so as to whisper in her ear

"He's just a kid, after all..."

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:37 pm

The frustration subsided, and she returned the hug, whispering her reply in turn.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"An annoying one, too."</span>

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:00 pm

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Yes, that's true"</span>

He said, agreeing with Kilra, and smiling in a more sincere way than usual.

"Let's go, okay?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:25 pm

Ship closed his eyes, shaking a little. "You're not a drow neither! You're just as stupid as humans!" He ran off.

Miiam watched briefly and began to slowly approach the carnicorn. The Carnicorn seemed agitated, at Miiam's approach and whinnied in a deep and unnatural tone that carried over the treeless plains.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:44 pm

"This is our chance, I think..." Fresca says quietly. "Let's go." With that, she starts Hanger down the hill, trying not to cause too much noise.

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:48 pm

Kilra smiled ever so slightly as she watched Ship run off before heading off herself, casting a glance over her shoulder and yelling "Good luck!" after Fresca.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:05 pm

Miiam engaged the carnicorn. They kicked at each other and then Miiam attempted to lead it away. The Carnicorn seemed to be focused on annihilating his former enemy for the moment.

Ship was already out of of breath a few yards from the hill but was still walking as he panted.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:27 am

D continued walking by, down the hill and away from the unicorn and... whatever the hell that thing was.

As he reached Ship, he looked down on him, and asked, half to help, half to tease:

"Hey, Ship. Need some help?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:48 am

Ship growled under his breath. "A demon never needs help. I'm going to kill you one day...Then you'll see how powerful I really am."

The could hear the continued battle of Miiam and the carnicorn as they kept a quick pace away from them towards Sleipnir.

[indicate when you are done with CI and I will push us forward on time]

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:30 pm

Fresca said nothing as she kept with the party. Should the carnicorn pursue, she was ready to do what she could to lure it away. Her eyes dart toward the hill constantly, which every noise that startles her.

Please, dear Ashura, she prays within her thoughts, please don't let Miiam fall.

(Done lest something comes up)

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:59 pm

(You can move 'sfar as I'm concerned. o.o)

(Likewise - Jak)

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 9/14/03 3:12 pm

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:13 am

Two nights and days passed as they continued to journey south. Once it rained on them, cold and harsh, but they trudged on per Miiam's request.

As they slept sometimes, one of them would mention being able to hear something strange, perhaps the battle between the Carnicorn and Miiam. However, nothing came to strike at them.

On the third day, however, they reached the bustling town of Port Sleipnir. They waited for a while for Miiam to come to them but he did not. They waited one day for him. Then two.... on the third day, a message came from a falcon that simply said "SW 3d Wait".

Ship read the message aloud over and over but he as baffled and said as much in colorful language procured from the ne'er do wells of Doma.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:33 am

Fresca had spent much of her time roaming port Sleipnir. Kyle had always encouraged her to broaden herself through travel, and she made it a point to see as much as she could.

But, she was there when the message arrived. And she could not help but wonder one thing. "Who sent us this?"

She didn't want to follow it... but in her heart, she knew that she didn't have much of a choice, unless some else had an idea.

(Our Neko, shall you give us a few points of interest the site-seeing white mage had viewed? Or shall I BS them? ALSO! Whither are we at presently?)

Kilraianjja

Unread postby Kilraianjja » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:51 pm

Peering at the message over Ship's head, Kilra glanced up at Fresca.

"I wouldn't trust it, since it can't be from Miiam. Horses can't write, so it has to be from someone else. Then again, that Carcicorn thingy can't write either, can it?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs