Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:01 pm

You, the players, find yourselves for whatever reason in a forest 5 miles east of Doma. The sky is clear and the weather is warm. Already sitting in a clearing is a young child of about 6 or 7 in black clothes. A blue, pearl-like trident in thrust in the ground beside him as he seems to eat from a picnic basket...

Jak Snide

Re: Ruinnoc's Challenge [closed]

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:39 pm

Today was just another normal day for Kilraianjja, hero of Gunnir. Hence, she was currently scouting the woods for adventure and evil doers to thwart. This, of course, hadn't been the plan D and her had agreed on that morning. By now they should have been in Doma, enjoying lunch and doing a little shopping afterwards. Obviously, this plan had been shot to the hells and back when they stumbled across a ruined caravan. And the fact that it'd probably been there for half a year didn't deter Kilra from proclaiming "that evil was afoot" and charging off into the forest, a reluctant D following behind her.

It'd been more or less an hour before the duo stumbled across the clearing containing the young child, his lunch, and the trident. And while it was certainly an odd enough spectacle that it might contain adventure, the drow was hesitant to disturb the child, instead watching for a moment.

Another reason for her waiting was so that D could catch up.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:39 pm

A young man, appearing to be in his early twenties, walked down a quiet forest path. He stood slightly higher than five and a half feet, wore tattered brown robes, and carried with him a simple staff. He was One-eyed Pete, not-so dreaded pirate on the crew of Captain Pervy, druid extravagent, and not in the least bit sane. At the mere sight of his red hair and unibrow, absolutely no one shuddered in terror.

At the moment, however, he was enjoying a small bit of shore leave, as it wasn't every day that he was anywhere near a normal forest, what with being on a ship most of the time. And besides that, inside a forest, he really didn't have to worry about Giggles, his deceptively named counterpart, making his presence known to the world. When that happened, THEN there was real reason for others to fear...

Pete interupted himself midthought, something that didn't happen often, as he didn't spend much time having them. He spotted a small boy...he hadn't expected to find anyone out here. Ah well, some things are just unavoidable, and fate had always seemed to push him in the right direction...

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:12 pm

And sure enough, a moment after, D came out of his place, not nearly as graceful in his movements as the drow, as he caused quite a ruckus with the plants.

Besides, he wasn't in the mood to do anything about it. Of course, he wasn't in the mood to do anything but sit down on a damned chair and have that darned lunch... And other things, but those were kinda needless to mention.

"Right. See? No evil. None, at all. Except for pidgeon crap." he said, grumbling a bit under his breath.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:22 pm

"What about that kid?" she asked, pointing at the child.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:29 pm

Pete's original intention in this situation had been to go and have a little chat with the child. However, his so-called plans changed when he heard people speaking a short ways off the path.

With that in mind, he carefully walked off the path, attempting to avoid damaging his precious plants, and made his way behind D...

"...'scuse me, but whatcha tow talkin 'bout?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:34 pm

At first, Pete's presence went whoosh right over D's head... As he continued to speak to Kilra, this time a bit louder:

"KILRA! What the hell? It's just a KID!"

Hell... So what if he had a trident? A lot of kids nowadays have something to fight with...

Then, and only then, did Pete's presence slowly creep into D's mind, and it showed, and his voice slowed down, together with a lowering of the volume, as he repeated

"... Just... a kid."

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 6/9/03 3:47 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:03 pm

Just about to explain how she viewed the somewhat strange child as a possible source of an adventure; a suggestion most sensible people would laugh at, rather than an evil villain, she noted Pete's presence, and his question.

"Just about whether the kid over there might be able to point us towards and epic adventure which surpasses all we've done before."

She said this in a perfectly serious tone, as if it was as common a topic as the weather.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:08 pm

"...okay!" said Pete, not finding anything wrong with the statement. After all, if a small child couldn't point them towards adventure, then...well, who could?

"Well then, what kinda adventure do ye think he could point ya to?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:11 pm

"Hmm."

"Fine. The sooner you are convinced there's nothing to gain by doing this, the sooner we can go back to what we were meant to spend the day doing. Or at least what's left of it by now.

Go ahead, then."

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 6/9/03 4:45 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:15 pm

About to inform Pete that she had no idea, she took D's cue to advance towards the child.

"Hello." she said in a kind, gentle voice. The last thing she wanted to do was scare the child off. Which might happen, considering that not everyone was as open minded and tolerant as the general population in Doma City.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:30 pm

Ship looked up from his lunch and and sat on his knees as he gazed at Kilra, D, and Pete. He got a crooked smile and finally stood up cleaning himself off.

He grinned up at Kilra and in perfect drow said, "Hello, elder sister. How are you this fine day." He wore his grin like a badge of approval. He held out his hand and again in drow said, "My name is Ship Porte."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:54 pm

One blink. Two blinks. Finally, after getting over the initial shock of a fairly regular child speaking fluent drow, she replied in her native tongue, taking his hand and her own and shaking it firmly, the dark elf herself favouring the handshake as a friendly gesture.

"Greetings, Ship. I am Kilraianjja. I didn't expect to find a child fluent in drow around here. Or anywhere on the surface, for that matter."

While her common was oddly accented, and filled with "improper" words, she spoke her native tongue with a distinct refinement.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:28 pm

His ego on the rise, Ship puffed out his chest proudly, "My Mommy-daddy taught me how to speak it. I can't write it good yet but I can spell out my name." He backed away from Kilra and looked at the others.

"Hi, my name is Ship," he greeted in common. " What are you all doing here?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:45 pm

A young woman sits upon a rock not too far from the clearing. Her robes, white and bordered with the distinctive scarlet triangles of the Order of White Magic, concern most of her body, save for her slender hands and her face. Her eyes are green, and her hair bright red, its length obscured by her hood. The distinctive emblem of the Doman Guard adorns the robes as well.

Resting on ground before her is a large black chocobo, contentedly munching on some greens growing at the edge of the rock. The bird is clad in a set of light barding that it seems to be fond, a gift from its previous owner. The chestplate is etched with the flag of Barius.

"I'll still never understand why he just gave you to me, Hanger," She says to the chocobo, talking to him as though she expected him to reply. "I was ready to buy you from him, but he just shrugged and handed you over. I hope he didn't think was abusing authority to get you or anything..."

The sound of voices catchs her attention, and Hanger's as well. "Do you think it's some of Loake's stranglers?" she asks the bird.

"Wark," it replies, giving its typical answer for everything.

The white mage recalled all too well the battle she had against Loake's hirelings nearly a week ago. Though she, Kyle, Kelne, and James had succeeded in taking Loake prisoner, she herself was caught by rogue ground forces, and was used as a distraction while Loake escaped. While she thought that the Guard was able to round up all of the men that the Dragonhalf left behind when he escaped, it wasn't impossible that a few slipped away.

Quietly, she leaps onto Hanger's back; her divided robes allowing her to sit aside on the chocobo rather than ride side-saddle, and rides toward the clearing where Ship and the rest speak.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:40 pm

D crossed his arms, and gave a slight grin to the kid. Ah well, no point in lying, now, is there...?

"Kid, ask Kilra. She can explain much better than I can...

And before you ask, 'twas her idea."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:30 pm

(So you all know. I promised Pervy a spot with Fresca. Not everyday a girl gets a chocobo rider in her RP)

Jak Snide

FD no post. Okay then...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:32 pm

Smiling sweetly, and somewhat mischievously, at D, Kilra turned back to Ship.

"Well, we're searching for adventure. At least me and D. Saw something on the road to Doma, and I suspected that evil might be afoot. None's show itself yet, but I'm sure it's out there, somewhere. Hopefully within a reasonable distance, too."

FlamingDeth

I apologize. :(

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:45 pm

As he now understood what these new people were saying, Pete listened for the proper time to interject. Proper, such a relative term...

"...hey, adventure is neat! I could go for one o' them right about now, as long as it dun involve being on a boat for a long time. Had enough o' that fer now."

Jak Snide

Re: I apologize. :(

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:53 pm

Kilra's entire body span to face Pete, a look of glee on her face.

"Alright! Another for the greater good!" she announced, pleased to find another with a good desire for adventure.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:30 pm

D knew what was going to happen, now... And there were only three things he could do, which he did.

Facepalm, sigh, and shake his head.

Oh gods, just what I needed. Someone to encourage her further...

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:43 pm

Ship rubbed the back of his head in a little bit of confusion. He leaned over a bit and slightly unfurled his demon wings. "But Big Sister Kilra, I'm a demon and I'm evil. How come you're a drow and you don't like evil stuff?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:21 pm

Joy shatters easily. Especially when the child you've been making conversation with informs you that he's a demon.

Slowly, she turned to Ship again, a much different expression on her face, one that spoke of a sudden distrust and apprehension.

"Be careful about stereotypes. While they serve they're purpose, you will sometimes find exceptions."

Her mind rolled back to the two words "I'm evil" that the child had uttered. This, as you'd probably expect, didn't please her either.

"And for your sake, demon Ship, I hope you haven't done anything that'd deserve my attention."

While she was uncertain that even remaining in the company of a demon was acceptable, she reminded herself of what she'd said just moments ago. There are exceptions to stereotypes. And besides, he could be just slightly evil, like a certain Jenna Tymisson.

"Although," she thought, "that statement is debatable."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:26 pm

And sometimes, it was hard to take people seriously. Especially when the kid which has just claimed to be evil was having a picnic and chatting with them as if nothing happened.

D figured, maybe he was a demon, and one of the evil ones at that, but he wasn't very good at it. But he managed to stay, for once, without making comments or laughing. Instead, he said:

"So, Kilra, my love. An evil demon kid. Surely you're not going to accept any adventure he might offer.

Unless you plan to do your hero thing and stab him or something, I suggest we leave now..." he said, his hands in his pockets.

With that, he let out a yawn. Which summed up what he thought of all this.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:26 pm

Ship plucked his trident from the ground and put on and heir of nobility. "I'm a masterdemon as a matter of fact! I own Doma. Once, I... ..... " Ship paused and looked up at the sky as he searched for something diabolical that he had done. "I broke into the wine cabinet and stole a bottle of wine and lied about doing it." He nodded at this. Underaged drinking was no laughing matter and was certain it would raise Kilra into a fury.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:43 pm

".....your a maser demon and the worst you've done is steal a bottle of wine."

Her face now displayed a smile, perhaps with a slight touch of contempt.

"Look, if you're trying to get me to stab you, little boy, you should have told me you ransacked a village, raping and pillaging as you went. But minor theft, which was probably from your own family..."

She trailed off, amused but saddened by Ship's apparent lack of evil. At least she didn't have to kill him now, which was a pleasant thought.

She turned to D and Pete, and sighed.

"Oh well, seems like we'll have to look somewhere else for adventure."

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 6/11/03 6:44 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:03 pm

D smiled. At least that part was done with. However, now that Kilra got into the adventurous mood...

He was so doomed. However, well, he was at least bound to try.

"Kilra, why not do it sometime else as well? Just when you finally come back, after so long..." D snarled a bit, though at himself, cursing his luck that things would turn out that way..

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:21 pm

"But Deeee~!" she whined childishly, "What can possibly compare to adventure?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:55 pm

... A blink. A stare in emptyness, which slowly turned towards Kilra.

"Kilra. There are things that are on a different level altogether from adventuring. You just... Can't say which is better or worse. And you overlooking them totally."

With that, he sighed.

"Well, it's just, you know. I rarely see you and all..."

Jak Snide

This is turning into CI.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:11 pm

Kilra hung her head slightly. While she was all to aware of what D meant, she'd been hoping the "I'm enthusiastic in a childlike manner" act would sway D's opinion.

"I know, I know, it's just....."

She trailed off, feeling a little guilty now. On the one hand, she wanted to go adventuring. On the other hand, she was aware that neglecting D's interests was a bad, bad thing.

This conflict kept her silent, for the moment.

FlamingDeth

Re: This is turning into CI.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:17 pm

Just then, during their little romantic interlude, Pete decided he may as well pipe in. After all, there may be an adventure waiting, and it wasn't even on a boat. "....hey, mabye it'll be th' kind o' adventure that he likes, eh?"

Uncle Pervy

Wellthen, lets have a clumsy CI style intro, hm?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:30 pm

A rustling of the foilage announces someone's coming. A moment later, a white mage mounted on a lightly armored Chocobo emerges. She looks at them, the light catching on her Guard Emblem, and she smiles a bit sheepishly.

"Sorry to interrupt your picnic," she says. "I thought that some people I have been after might be here. Have any of you seen anyone in a green shirt and brownish trousers, and leather armor?"

FlamingDeth

Re: Wellthen, lets have a clumsy CI style intro, hm?

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:45 pm

"HIIIII!" Pete promptly and enthusiastically responded. "And....uh...I dun think so?"

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:49 pm

Taking the interuption of the awkward moment as a blessing, the drow turned to the chocobo mounted woman.

"Not recently, no. There was that man selling fruit a few weeks back though."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:52 pm

She nods. "Well, I wouldn't worry then. I'm fairly sure that we rounded them all up earlier."

Hanger, quite finished with his little run, began to search about for something worth eating on the ground.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:36 pm

... D was getting rather annoyed at this point. He had a point now, and he was waiting for her to just maybe admit it. But now she was distracted...

He just crossed his arms and sighed, then said

"Okay, now we can go."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:41 pm

Ship tilted his head and had his back facing the three adults. "Oh, I'm Ship Porte," he said into seemingly thin air. "Oh, she's Kilra, the blue elf one. I don't know the other people." He was silent for a moment. "I don't know...I was just having a picnic."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:40 pm

Kilra cast a sideways glance at D, sighed, and walked over to him.

"Okay, okay. We can go now. But you better pay for the food this time."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:53 pm

At this point, Hanger was happily poking his beak into Ship's picnic basket.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you all," says the white mage, "So I'll be on my way now." Looking down, he eyes widen a bit. "Hanger! Stop that!"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:34 pm

D smiled, finally glad that he had gotten his way! For once! Smiling happily, he gave Kilra a quick hug and a light kiss.

"Thank you, love." he muttered, and grinned in his own special way. "Today, I'll show you one of the best places around! You won't regret it!" he said, with a confident air of one who knew what he was saying..

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs